Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Default I'm Back!

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm back in more ways than one. 2010 is one year I would rather forget.

My mum passed away at the end of 2009 and I have been having a hard time getting over it. Tim Tams have been most consoling and conforting. (Really stupid - I can't eat chocolate without getting migraines but guess what, I've been eating it like its the only thing which will help).

I stepped on the scales this morning and it registered 303. OMG! I've been so stupid! 303! It was a wake up call with a **** of a bang!

I suppose I could blame the breakup with my ex which happened shortly before mum died but that wouldn't be exactly honest. I've actually been happier without him. He was a control freak and my eating was out of control even when I was living with him. If I'm being honest, I've only myself to blame for the blow out. So, with 2011 lurking just around the corner, I'm going to give it another go and this time it is going to work. I want to lose weight for me, my health and happiness. I'm a mess at the moment but if I can get back to the person I was once, then I might be able to make my life count for something. I don't want to grow in to the a sad old woman with the compulsory cat sitting by her side. I want to live and enjoy life. Possibly meet someone nice. I know looks are only skin deep but one must get past the packaging to get to the good stuff.

So, with that in mind, I am going to get down to a healthy 165lb/75kg. I figure with my height (5 foot 7 inches/170cm) I have a slight advantage. At my proposed weight, I will be within healthy limits and if I need to re-adjust my thoughts once I get down to that weight well, I will at the time.

In the meatime, I hope that I will slide back down to where I should be - it will take time and effort but I'm an intelligent woman and I know I can do it. I know it's not going to be easy but it has to be done if I'm to have a healthy and good long life.

So, 2011 here I come, ready or not.

To everyone at 3 Fat Chicks, thank you for your continued support. I know I'm among friends here.

Meggie
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back and congratulations on making the decision to get yourself healthier!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

You most certainly are. Welcome, and welcome back. Good Luck with all your goals, and we look forward to hearing about your progress
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 AM   #4  

Hi,

I should put my money where my mouth is or maybe just close my mouth. My motivation was great all for a couple of days. I went to a friend's wedding on New Year's Eve. Now don't get me wrong, I am really happy for her but I totally blitzed myself. I've done nothing but eat rubbish for the past few days. Self pity and to a large extent self loathing. I weighed myself tonight and I'm up nearly 2kg. All because my self-destruct mechanism kicked in. I was so jealous of such a lovely lady who has had a hard time and has now found happiness with a truly wonderful man. I couldn't believe that she getting married could have such a negative impact on me. I just wanted to hide with my Tim Tams (and any other junk food I could get my hands on).

I need to get past all the negative thoughts of there not being someone for me because, hey, who would have me. (Wow!) Time to pick my basket up again and get on with it. I've a life to live and live it I shall.

I've made a pact with myself:

I would like to be atleast 15 kg lighter by my niece's birthday on 12 April. (20kg would be better but one must be realistic - 15 is probably a healthier goal to try to achieve.

I'm back in the groove - head on straight. In order to achieve happiness - with or without that special person, I have to achieve inner peace - be happy with my self. I think I can do it BUT if anyone's some wise words to shout at me, please do it.

I think once I am happy with ME and love the person I am and am proud of me, then everything else will fall into place.

Anyway, thanks for being there.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #5  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

I know what you are talking about. I let one little thing de-rail me for most of December, and last week was pretty much a food free-for-all. The one thing you need to absolutely force yourself to do is not quit! Have a bad day, or bad week... Well, be upset, but get back on. It is the one thing I have forced myself to do.. NOT QUIT! Hang in there.... I am struggling with you, but I am told it gets easier. Have a great day!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #6  

Smile

Hi All,

Just touching base. I've been trying to be reallly good and I think it's starting to pay off. I've dropped down to 135kg or 298lb and it hasn't been all that hard. Saying no to chocolate is the hardest thing for me but I feel so much better for going without it - no headaches. (I have had a couple of falls off the wagon but still within calorie allocation) I've also dropped bread and potatoes from the diet. I've found that bread seems to trigger asthmatic reactions (I don't know how much scientific fact there is in that one but I feel much better without it.) I have porridge with light milk for breakfast and that seems to work too. It seems to satisfy for a lot longer than toast etc. The reward for my dedication is that I wore a shirt I bought on impulse which I found didn't fit when I brought it home. Well, anyway, I wore that shirt to work yesterday - I was on a buzz all day because of my little secret success.

Anyway, I've my next 5kg/11lb in my sights and I'm going for it. It's a good feeling when you are on the high of success. I'll touch base when I've nailed that 5kg.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #7  

Hi All,

Well I've nailed that 5kg I was talking about. I am now 127 or roughly 280lb. I haven't really done anything too hard. Not eating stodge - bread, chocolate, cake, biscuits or potatoes. I am eating well though. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables - low fat/low cal.

Life is good - have gone back to school to increase my potential in Legal - Legal Services IV at TAFE and have also met a fantastic man (he is my mainstay motivator).

Looking now at getting the next 10kg bagged.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #8  

WOW- 24 lbs. lost so quickly - I'm a bit jealous - but happy for you Meggie -you keep up the good work and enjoy your new body and new man!!
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #9  
Livin Lite!!

S/C/G: 341/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats girl! Keep your head up and keep pushing!! we both have a long road...but we CAN do it!
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #10  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

You're doing so great!! Good for you!!
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote