Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Wow, lots of activity on this thread! Goodnuff: Congratulations on your tracking that is awesome! And great job on avoiding the bake sale. They can be sooooo tempting! I am on board with learning the new program but I am struggling some this week. Not because of the program but because I am having to eat food (in my freezer) that I made but don't really know the points values. I did some "bulk cooking" with a friend a few months ago and while I can figure the points of the huge recipe, I am clueless on portion size because we divided the food between us so I really don't know how maany points I am eating. Unfortunately, money is REALLY tight right now so I can't go buy stuff I know the points on and I am out of fruit (as of today) and most veggies. UGH! I will do the best I can and hopefully I can go grocery shopping this weekend again. BUT so far I really do think I will like the new program.
Anne: I am so glad you are feeling more positive today. The winter months with all the cloudiness (not to mention cold) can be really tough. I find that I always want all the lights on in the house in the winter just so it "feels" sunny. That sounds crazy but it does help some.
As for the skin situation I am choosing at this point to remain in denial. :-) You are right Anne, it will be better to be normal size with saggy skin than the size I am now. Plus if I am normal size, Spanx will actually fit me. :-)
tw326at41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Lovin' all of the chatter in here...
KT-good for you taking 3 flights. Glad to hear they didn't need to send a rescue team...lol. Just do it is a good slogan for all of us! No more excuses. I like the new plan, I have made more of an effort to eat fruit because it's free and I don't have to worry about subtracting points.
Risen-those are awesome NSV's. I will be so happy when I am not the biggest girl everywhere I go.
I'm with you NYA, I'm jealous of the California weather, makes me wonder why I stay in Wisconsin!?
Thanks tw! I also did some bulk cooking and have decided to add 4 points to all of my dishes. I always do the recipe builder than portion it out right away so that I know how many portions I have. It's tough when your budget is depleted, but it's great that you are staying mindful.
All right, Spanx it is!

Over the years your bodies become walking autobiographies, telling friends and strangers alike of the minor and major stresses of your lives.
Marilyn Ferguson

M
goodnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #18  

-3.2 lbs on my first week of PointsPlus. Not just because of the new system but I believe also because I tracked all week long.
I hope everyone else is making it a great week.
M
Old 12-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Well done goodnuf!

I'll weight in sunday like always, been doing okay I guess. I just missing the 3rd day of swimming each week now, because of the weather That cuts down my exercise minutes which sucks, since I keep skiping my strenght exercise aswell, I just cant make myself do it anymore, I dont know what it is. Prolly I just need something new and exciting again..I'm gonna look for something soon. I did compromise with myself to get back on eating candies every now and then and keep it on a line. I dont wanna be mad at myself for eating a piece of chocolate cuz we know one piece isnt what makes us fat, but eating a whole package is. We just have to realize that and make us stop, before it feels to much. It's been working well the past 2-3 days, so I'll see what the scale says on sunday

Hugs,
Anne
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

Goodnuff-sounds like the new plan is going good and congrats on the loss!!!
Risen-I see you live in Germany, I recently found out I have a brother who lives in Wolfratshausen.
This has been a tuff few days for me...I have this incredible craving for sweets right now and I am having a real difficult time. I went a little over calories yesterday and today, but I am going to really gear back up again starting now. I have had to report for jury duty a couple of days this week and I think it is stressing me out a little...Tomorrow I will know if I am selected for the jury or not and then I at least can get into a routine. As I have gotten older, my routine has become very essential to me and I am counting on it to help me lose this weight. The benefit of going to the courthouse is that I have taken the stairs each day at least once.
KTFaith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #21  

Goodnuff: -3.2pounds is AWESOME! Way to go!!!
Isn't it amazing how much of a difference just tracking makes? That continues to amaze me. I always think I am doing a fairly good job tracking it in my head but now with the new program and new points I have to "think" more so writing things down really help. I weigh in Saturday for the first time on the new program so I am curious to see what happens. I have struggle with points values this week (as I said in my earlier post) but I think I am doing well. We will see tomorrow. I have packed my breakfast/lunch every day this week and eaten at home each night (except last night mom took us out). That is BIG prgress for me.
Hope you are all having a great day and have a wonderful weekend.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 380/360/299

Height: 5.5

Goodnuff your doing really good, I need to start writing down everything I eat to track how much I eat. Ive done ok this week watching what I eat but I know I need to do better with working out Im only down 1.5 lbs. Im determined to do better this upcoming week. Unfortunately this week is going to be horrible weather so I'm mostly going to be homebound.
NYAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Hellooooo again!
So it is weigh in day for me and I'm actually down 3,7lbs..I must say, I was lazier this week also because of the weather I couldnt get as long walks as I use to an also I only made it in the pool twice. Anyway..I still keep skipping strenght exercise..I just dont know what it is. And honestly I have been eating something sweet almost everyday, but only a lil piece, I guess that is not wrong to do when you keep cheating on your body about sugar. Hmm.. maybe I was just losing muscles and gain fat and thats the big lose, but we ont wanna paint the devil on the walls, do we?

I'm glad everyone does so well! And Germany is beautiful, just the people are MUCH different from what I've seen in America..here they are so...wierd 0o

Enjoy your sundays!
Hugs,
Anne
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #24  

Thanks everyone. Good job on your weight loss as well NYA and Risen.
This week has been horrible. I had Christmas for my family at my house for the first time ever. I intend on sending the majority if the leftovers home but a blizzard hit us rather quickly and everyone left so fast that I only managed to send 1/3 of it away. And none of it was healthy. Salty ham...yum. Cheesy hash-brown...yum. Cheese and sausage. Olives and pickles. Scotcharoo bars. I have had enough salt intake in the last 3 days to last a whole year. I made my daughter take 2 plates of bars to work and I am taking the potatoes to my sister. I'd like to make a healthy navy bean soup with the ham bone and scraps. I didn't track but I know I had to have over eaten by triple each day. Plus I started with a sore throat and ears yesterday. I predict this weeks WI will not be so good.

Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track
M
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #25  

And I was right. Back up to 300. Not officially, it was at the Dr's office not at WW and I had my shoes on. I think it's water weight. (fingers crossed) I have had an absurd amount of salt in the last week.
I'm still not giving up though!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #26  

Wow I can't believe it is alrady Thursday and yet in many ways it feels like it should be Friday by now. Last Saturday at weigh in I lost 2 pounds! I was very happy but this week has been tough for me too (TOM is coming anyday) and my boss was in town and directed where and when we would eat so it was not that great. I weigh in Saturday and I am sure it will not be good but I just have to move forward. I was down to 284.4 this past week so we will see where I land on Saturday.
Hope everyone is hanging in there. 15 days to the New Year!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 353/See Ticker/155

Height: 6'1"

Cool

Hello all!!! This is my first day here and I know it is close to the end of the month but I would like to get a goal down to work on for the rest of the time.

My December goal is I'm going to not let any negative self talk influence my life in the next 2 weeks. I will not back out of things and hide because I am nervous about the way I look. I am going to live life to the fullest and enjoy myself as much as possible!

:c arrot:
DesiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #28  

Wow tw, 284!!! That's awesome.
Welcome Desi. That sounds like a great goal.
Hope everyone else is doing fabulously.
M
Old 12-18-2010, 04:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone...it has been a looooong week!!! I have been sick and stressed and dealing with just the same type of December mess that everyone else has to deal with but, I am hanging in there. I wish I could say that I have been completely on plan, but that is not the case. I have been sticking to one of my goals and journaling just about everyday, I haven't gained any weight, but I am not losing either. One good thing is that I have jury duty for the next two weeks, so I will be away from the office goodies that will be lingering around...one piece of candy usually leads to ten!!! Well wishing you all a good weekend!!!

Oh and Desi welcome!!! You know what that is a great goal...because I was already planning my holiday excuses to stay home once again...but maybe I will go out and be with the family.
KTFaith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #30  

Yes KT, you should go out with your family. Wow, I know that alone I could write a book about all of the things I didn't do because I was too fat, didn't have the right outfit...etc, etc. What a waste! We should all vow to go one place that we would have otherwise made an excuse to not participate in because of our weight. We deserve to treat ourselves to fun and companionship just as much as the next person!
You go girls!!!