Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:25 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry I've been MIA the last few days so first I need to catch up.

Angela-I'm so sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts and meditations. Oh...I love string cheese but I swore off donuts except on the few free days I have for the year, I gave myself 5. I turn into Homer Simpson when I get around donuts...they are just so good. I saw this show last week where this bakery made voo-doo donuts, they're glazed voodoo doll shaped donuts with strawberry/raspberry filling and then they stick a pretzel in it. I thought that was just hysterical. Don't even get me started on McDonalds-I used to have a love/hate relationship with their cheeseburgers but then I found their salads which are quite good actually, but I try to stay away from Mickey D's all together, the fries for me are just too tempting. Ricotta in a cake? That's interesting.

Deb-good job on getting good food in the house, I think that's half the battle. If it's not in the house, I don't miss. If it is in the house, I think I can hear it calling to me, seriously.

Carol-the dh went for a walk, wow. I haven't been able to get Pablo to get into the pool for the last 6 years, let alone go for a walk. I wish he'd get back into karate, he loved it but since we've moved here to Tennessee, we just don't have the time. Maybe after the girls are off to college I can get him back into it. I hope so anyway. Way to stay on plan this weekend, sometimes I think the weekends are twice as hard as the weekdays.

heather-I hope your first day goes well, it must be so exciting. Did you make the apple pie?

As for me, it's just more of the same. I had to work all weekend but that's ok, I should have the whole week off. I need to catch up on my exercise, did something stupid the other day. Two sessions of gold's gym in one day-not smart, so not smart. Felt good after I was done, getting out of bed the next morning however was not so pleasant. My neck and shoulders were killing me, did some yoga Sat and it felt a million times better but that's something I won't be doing again. My next WI is Wednesday, we'll see how it goes. I'm not sweating it too much.

Take care
All my best,
Love
Faith

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 09-13-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:47 AM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Today is my day...I dont want to go back to where I was and the scales sure move faster up than down. I have a gain of almost 20lbs. Im sure alot of it is water weight.I will move my ticker after a week of eating right.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Faith -- I did make the apple pie! I took it to my friend's house for dinner, had a slice there and left the rest!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #49  
BELIEVE!

Angela - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Peeking in to say hi to everyone.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Long time no "see". Life has been ridiculously out of control since January (at least). I have been traveling ~1 week per month, some months more, some slightly less. In theory I am going to the Netherlands within the next few weeks, going to Rhode Island (again) beginning of October and going to Japan late October/early November. I average ~65 to 70 hours per week at work. I have had plantar fasciitis since January, and am now doing physical therapy for it (last attempt prior to getting a cortizone shot). Time, will and foot have not been good for exercise. And stress and travel have been bad for food. So....I am not going to say what I weigh until I get more comofortable with things going in the right direction. Right now, they are not going in the right direction though.

But....I have made my menu for tomorrow, and I will do what I can to try to get 30 minutes of some type of exercise tomorrow. Walking, which was my favorite, is mostly out due the fasciitis, too much pain after the fact.

How are you all? Carol, Heather, Deb, Barb, Angela, it's nice to see some faces I recognize.

Heather, please don't close this thread, I actually like when there are less folks on, it's easier to keep up.

That is where I am. Sadly not where I was, but hopefully soon to not be here either.

Angie
Old 09-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #51  

I ended up having a wild and crazy day yesterday with 5 kids. My grandchildren were here along with the 3 kids I keep. I was wiped out at dinner time and had pizza....way too much pizza. Today is a new day and I will eat according to my menu.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Angie - you've been on my mind so much - thanks for coming back. I have found some weight I thought was lost too. Fall is my time. You can do this - you are a machine! Please stop in more often.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #53  

Good to see some old friends (though not that old!) checking in!

First day of classes was tiring, but good. Today I have a 3 hour lab class.
This morning I have to go to the dentist because a dog ate my retainer! I need a new one!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #54  

Ok, Heather, after I got up off the floor , I have to know...the dog ate your retainer? Really? Are you a teacher saying, "The dog ate it"....omg this was the greatest way to start my morning. You have to elaborate..this is just too much.

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 09-14-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #55  

Faith -- Well, here's what happened. A week or so ago I went downstairs on Saturday without taking out my retainer. I placed it on a paper towel on the kitchen table. That night I couldn't find it. Searched through the trash and compost twice... nothing!

The next morning, there it was, sitting on a blanket we keep out for the dogs. I can only guess it got knocked to the floor at some point during the day and one of the dogs thought it was a toy that smelled like me. It was cracked in several places and a small piece of it had fallen off...

So, that's the story!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #56  

Im here for a morning checkin...hopefully life is calming down starting today.
Scales are now back up to 235...i dont like it
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I made it through almost unscathed from a 10 hour meeting today - breakfast and lunch were perfect choices - should have put a piece of gum in my mouth for mid-afternoon munchies instead of the trail mix. Ended up within calorie range. Still working on the exercise side of this - doesn't help my trainer has been sick - maybe I should be accountable to myself.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #58  

I came in a bit high on calories yesterday but still better than the past weeks.
Exercise was an hour with the weedeater and I can feel it today.
We are having some beautiful weather and Im taking the kids to the playground.
Got all my water in yesterday...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #59  

Good Morning Ladies,

Barb-I'm so glad to see you, I was wondering what happened. I haven't seen you on the exercise thread for the last two months so I was starting to get worried but it's good to know you're alright.

Deb-I love your new profile pic! Sounds like you're getting back on track and you'll have those pounds off again in no time, running around with the kids at the playground is sure to help that. To have that much energy and be that carefree, kids are great.

Heather-thank you so much for sharing the retainer story. If it's true that laughing burns calories, your story helped push me right over the edge. Sometimes you can't help but wonder, what goes through a dog's mind? We have a mutt named Mandrake and she is addicted to butter. The best part is that when she happens to get a hold of a butter wrapper, she's licking her chops for hours and all I can think of is...really?

Carol-a ten hour meeting...on what? I have to hand it to you, I don't think I could make it through that without starting at some point to spin around in my chair like a five year old. At least it was trail mix and not cheetos, so that's a plus. Sorry about your trainer, hope they'll be up and running soon. It's hard when you get into a rhythm and then it gets thrown off.

As for myself, yesterday's weigh in went well at least for me anyway. Found out my daughter has been drowning in the Coca-cola at work so that explains why she hasn't been moving the scales. Seriously we figured out between Friday and Sunday, she drinks the equivalent of about 16 cans of Coke. Doing this every weekend, I'm just happy she hasn't gained weight. My son was great, he hops on the computer and finds out what that translated over to in McDonald's food-it was insane, calorie wise it was close to 5 Big Macs. And so we're done with that, She'll be taking a powerade to work instead and when she finishes that, it's water till she gets home. I kept wondering what was wrong, and now I know and so does she. Still haven't heard back from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga about the girls, I hope we find out by the end of the month, the stress has been tearing up my sleep.

Well that's it for now.
Take care
All my best
Faith
Old 09-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #60  

dogs. Came home to both poop AND puke!! Poor boys!
Closed Thread