Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #121  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
Aww Shia,
I'm sorry your having such a rough time. Please know that I am praying for you now more then ever that things will get better very soon. Hang in there baby!

Remember keep looking up!

Engaging guardrails into up position!

Learn
Thank you my dear friend!

Ona-thank you so much!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ags - c'mon - my toes are tired of tappin'
Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies...

Whew! Well, I have finally made it here after a very busy day to update you about my doctors appt today and to let you know that it went very well...my blood pressure was 124/73 which is wonderful considering where it was when I first went there and I am down 14 lbs to 268 since the last time I went there on June 24th which is great and I didnt have to have the labs done today because I have to call and set up an appointment and I have to fast for 12 hrs before I go so I am going to try to make it an early morning appointment and I dont go back to the doctor until the beginning of january so I just have to make sure that I have the labs done before then and I also talked to her ( warning a little TMI) about something I have under my armpit ( which is the first reason I went there about 6 months ago but the first doctor I saw kind of blew it off and said it was a boil just watch it lalalala) so today I talked to the doctor about it and showed it to her and she knew exactly what it was and its hard to explain but it is like a staph infection and she is giving me some antibiotics and having me get a special kind of soap to use for a week that should help it go away so I was just happy to find out that it wasnt cancer and she also gave me the number to the health dept for a free program for pap smears and mammograms since I have alot of breast and ovarian cancer on my moms side of the family so I have to call them to see about setting up an appointment so my doctors appointment went very well.

Hopefully next week I will lose a couple pounds so I can change my avatar chick to 65 lbs lost.

Well, that is about all for now ladies...I will check back in in the morning.
Keep rockin'
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 09-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #124  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Evening ladies,

Sorry I am so late but Carol, toes can stop a tappin for now. I managed to release one pound and I am running with that!!! Thank you all for the support cause I needed it!!!!..

Ladies I will do all of my personals tomorrow if that is okay, lot's going on round here today. I will also post the Shrimp salad recipe.

I do want to say to my darling Shia,
Hold on just a little while longer, hold onnnnnn just a little while longer, hold onnnnn just a little while longer and EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT!!!!!!

When your head feels a little heavy I will send you wings to lift you up, When you are in the midst of your struggle, I will send you an army, when you feel sleepless, I will send angels to sing lullabye's, when you feel like you cannot go on, I send you Jesus. Shia, there is so much power in the name and you being a child of God have the authority to use it. Rebuke satan and he shall flee by calling on the Name of Jesus. You are His child, and don't you forget it. After having done all to stand, then STAND!!!!! It is not always easy, but it is easier with God. I love you girl and when I say that, I mean that, I am praying for you and everything about you. I am here whenever you need me. Smooches!!!!

And oh yeah, my large font is also for sure due to my bubbly personality!!!! LOL LOL My caps too............EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Aggie
Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #125  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I've been POP last few days, and super proud of it! weather was great today and is supposed to be tomorrow too yeah! I have plans on taking the kids I nanny to the lake tomorrow for a swim one last hoorah before school starts again!

I've been working Over time last few days so Sorry Iv'e been MIA!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 AM   #126  

Default You all might want to sit down for this!

O.K. You all might want to sit down for this. Are you ready......

I Learningtoliveagain a.k.a. Learn shut off the alarm clock and fell back to sleep. I Learningtoliveagain a.k.a. Learn only have about 8 minutes before I have to get my son up and eating his breakfast before school. I will have to come back later after I take him to school and do my personals.
I know this is so out of character for me, but life is not going to come to a screeching halt because of it.

Be back later friends!

T.T.F.N. ~ LEARN
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - I'm so glad you got some much needed rest!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

First of all -- Shia -- I do not know what you are going through but I know you are so sad and demoralized. I also know this is exactly the time that you need to be here with us so we can form a strong barrier to the outer world to protect you. I read about your sprints and jogging and think “yup, she’s kicking butt and takin’ names” and know you will hold up under any adversity.

Stella - I love water exercise. It is easy on the joints. Also, I can exercise very vigorously even with my bad back because the water holds everything in place, and that is no mean feat!

Red - 7.4 lbs. - WOWOWOWOWOW!

Ags - got the swimsuits from Land’s End. You know, I read about your tummy shrinking and it is realizations like these which really help our minds wrap around the thought of our bodies changing and improving.

OnaMi - I looked briefly at your blog and really liked it. I think writing and thinking about weight loss and health really helps.

Artichoke eating to those who inquired:
I had to get directions from my table partners on eating the artichoke. It was weird. First, you peel off the leaves one-by-one and sort of rake your bottom teeth over the flesh to get at it. So I peeled and ate and peeled and ate (you only get a little bit with each leaf - you would never get fat eating artichoke leaves it takes you so long to eat them). Then it occurred to me that when I buy prepared artichoke in a jar or at the deli, it comes in pretty big hunks. So I asked the table how that could be, since these leaves each just had a little bit on them -- “where are the hunks?”

Turns out that UNDER the leaves is this “hairy” barrier (it’s the only way I can describe it) (don’t eat the HAIRY stuff!) and under the hairy stuff is a huge chunk of artichoke.

So I said to the table ... why didn’t you tell me about this in the first place. I had been scraping the little bit of artichoke off each leaf but underneath the hairy barrier there is a gold mine of artichoke!!! By that time I was pretty much over the artichoke, but it was a great experience! Whenever I am at a restaurant I try to eat something I would never prepare at home, just for the experience.

Heather -- you have lost 64 lbs! That is so fabulous! And your blood pressure was great the doctor took your concern about your armpit seriously. I hate it when professionals don’t take our concerns seriously.

Jackie -- I liked your story about the trees. You know what I really love ... that we can say “next year, when I’m 100 pound lighter” and really mean it and know we can do it. When I first started on my program, I didn’t want to make any projections at all. I said to myself I just wanted to get healthier so started exercising and cutting out sugar and bready stuff. It was only later, when I actually saw I could lose weight, that I made myself a ticker and a goal. I wasn’t actually sure I could lose weight until I started doing it. I had tried so many times with failure I didn’t want to fail again so I change my initial goals to “health” and not “weight” -- and the weight then came off!

Hi Learn -- I did the hour exercise class without floats. Of course, I am a “floater” but still it was strenuous. I loved it. Awwww, I missed your birthday. Happy belated birthday!!!

And our Learn, who is always organized and on time, slept in today! 8 minutes to get your boy ready! So here is my philosophy - I think it is good to do something out of character once in a while. It proves we are human both to ourselves and others. And it forces a change in the roles we have placed on ourselves.

Hi Carol!

So my positive for today is:
I am going to make a calendar showing which exercise class and time I will take every day (I belong to the Y) until I leave for my next trip. That way I will have no excuse not to do an exercise class a day.

Last edited by CJZee; 09-03-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #129  

All righty then! I am back and ready to get busy!
It's been so hectic here with my mom and getting my son ready for school and my mom and feeding dogs and my mom and feeding horses and my mom and feeding the cats and my mom and yada yada yada.
On to personals...

Stella- Such great advice for your friend. If more people would heed that advice there wouldn't be such a high divorce rate. I must say that I love my husband more today then the day before and yes I am one of those wives that will call her husband at work just because. I have to hear his voice at least once or twice while he's at work.

Heather- CONGRATULATIONS on the 14 pound lose. That is just fantastic. So glad the doctor gave you a means of getting free mammograms, etc. They are so important to have every year. I am guilty of skipping the last few due to anxiety about getting them and that they hurt. So at my last doctors appointment he gave me a prescription for a few xanax to take the day of the test to help me relax and get thru it. Just picked that up yesterday. I will be making that appointment today.
Oh and by the way, awesome BP girl. It is perfect!

Shia- I don't know what to say except I am praying for some peace to come your way. I know your job has been h**l lately and to have to spend 12 hour shifts at it makes it even worse. But, here is a great big hug and know that you are always in my prayers. Remember... Guardrails Up! And Keep Looking Up!

Ona- Your biking also? I didn't know that. Is it a stationary bike or a regular bike? You are rocking the exercise girl.

Ags- CONGRATULATIONS on the ONE POUND LOSE! Looking forward to your catch up personals. You are awful busy lately, when does your new position start at work?

Maria- Over time, means more MOOLA! That's a POSITIVE for sure. Enjoy the lake with the kids.

gggirls- It felt good to sleep in. I have had the worst week sleep wise in a long time. Just a lot on my mind I guess!

CJ- I knew about how people ate artichokes, but never heard about the gold mine of artichoke beneath the hairy part. How interesting! Great idea about making the calendar.

Well as for me I was POP on my eating but I skipped the pool yesterday. My plan was to do my marathon shopping I do every 2 weeks, but my sister decided to take her time getting home from work, so I had no one to be home with mom. So I only got one errand done and that was to the pharmacy. That was kinda embarrassing too! I had scripts to pick up for my mom and I and by the time the pharmacist was done ringing up my order I had a whole shopping bag full of drugs. There were 5 for me, my BP meds, water retention meds, cholesterol meds, vicadin due to my last ones are out of date and stale, and a small script for xanax to help me get through a mammogram. Then my mom had 9 scripts on top of that, people where staring at me like what the heck is wrong with her that she needs all those drugs.
So today is marathon shopping day, I hope! Also looking forward to a 3 day weekend with my son.
We didn't go out to eat yesterday, but we are going to try for tonight. My dear hubby was stuck at his store for over 16 hours yesterday so he was beat beyond recognition.

That's it for me girls, I hope everyone has a great friday.

Guardrails Up and Keep Looking Up!

Learn
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #130  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Morning everyone! I hope you all got a great night's rest, because this weight loss thing is so much harder without good, restorative SLEEP! I slept great, so it's gonna be a great day!

Learn, glad you slept in! You musta needed it! But it's not quite the same not seeing your morning personals! That's okay, I can wait! haha I LOL'd at your son's wake-up story! hahahaha

CJ, I love a whole artichoke! When I was little my mom bought one every once in a while, and I have always had memories of that. Of course back then we dipped each leaf in butter before the the teeth scraping. mm! Funny thing, it wasn't till I was an adult that I found out about the gold mine underneath the hairy part -- guess my mom didn't know about it. hahaha I bought Lily one once so she could experience it, but she didn't like it much. I have been having the best time experimenting with new and strange fruits and veggies since I've started on my healthy path! I like to take Lily to Whole Foods, where they have lots of strange produce, and let her pick out something she has never tried before. We have tried white asparagus, turnips, beets, papaya, mango, and some other stuff. She usually doesn't end up liking it, but she is ALWAYS excited to try it since she picked it! I have had the same approach to weight loss this time -- trying to focus on the behaviors rather than the scale. That's why I'm weighing just once a month. I want to look at the scale just to confirm that I am on track. But what I'm DOING to make it go down have become much more my focus, and I am loving it this way! Thank you so much for sharing your success with us, it is very inspiring! BTW, I LOVE fake it till you make it! That was a mantra in nursing school. Okay, here we are at the hospital, supposedly knowing how to be a nurse, really having no clue. But you can't let a patient know how terrified you are, gotta FAKE IT TILL YA MAKE IT!

Maria, overtime = money, right! Save for that vacation, girlie!

Ducky, ALRIGHT! A POUND!!! Great job!!! And that is after your rough week or so! Maybe your body needed a break to get a kick start. I'm so happy your tummy feels smaller on the potty! hahahah It's funny how/when we feel things getting smaller. I'm noticing it when I sit in my recliner, I don't look as much like someone poured me into it! hahahaha

Heather, GREAT drs appt! Isn't that just so amazing that we can start to turn things around no matter how out of shape we are to start with! Normal BP! I bet your doc was so proud to see you. I mean, I'm sure they get disheartened to see people come in, and really need to take better care of themselves and never do, then here comes Heather and she knows that there is a success story there! WAY TO GO, beating the odds!

Shia, I'm so sorry you are struggling. I don't know what's going on, but what I DO know is that if anyone can handle adversity, it is you. You are strong, capable, beautiful, and someone I admire a whole lot. Make sure that when your head is spinning, you take time out to cherish yourself. A bubble bath, an extra workout, whatever it is that can help you to put your mind back in the right place. Just not junk food, k? Take care of yourself, baby. That would be fun if Lil DOES decide to cheer, I would love to go to the football games and stuff! I would also love her to be in the school plays and whatnot. Guess I'll just have to see what she gets herself into!

Stella, sorry to hear about your friend's problems, but I bet you are JUST the person she needed to talk to! I know if I was having trouble like that I'd want you in MY corner!

Red, on the awesome weight loss!!!! Sure, some of it may be water weight, but that doesn't come off either unless we are doing what we need to be doing! VICTORY!!!!!

Jackie, I loved the story of the 3 trees and had never heard that before. Isn't that SO true? We want what WE think is best for us, but we don't always have a clue what that really is, do we! Such a HUGE, important thing to keep in mind when we THINK things aren't going our way, and what a comfort! Thank you for sharing that, I really appreciate you being here and sharing yourself with us.

Ona, man, all your exercise makes me tired just reading about it! You're a 2 or 3 a day-er! Weeeerrrrrrkkkk! heehee You aren't afraid to work hard to get what you want, huh!

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, you are in my heart.

I have had some problems with Lily's dance school director (which I won't bore you with), but I have always stuck it out because Lily has been dancing there since she was 3 and she has a lot of friends there. But finally yesterday something blew up, and even Lily is ready to pack it in there. It helps that lots of her friends have already left, fed up with this woman. So we toured a new dance school yesterday, and Lily LOVED it! She knows she probably won't be able to be on competition team this year if she switches (they had auditions back in August), but she said she is willing to take a year off competition and work hard this year to earn a place on the new school's team for next year. I think it will be a good lesson for Lily to really work hard for a whole year to achieve a goal. I think sometimes in this day and age a lot of us are so into instant gratification, I want what I want NOW. I think my feeling that way is one of the things that has kept me so overweight! I now have several long-term goals that I am working toward, and I think it will be great for her to have that as well. This new team is SMOKIN'! And if she can earn a spot there, it will truly be an accomplishment. So here at this house, we are reaching for the stars, and we are willing to work hard and do what it takes to get there!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #131  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Default Each one of you are a blessing to me

I just wanted to say thank you to each one of you. I am going through ****, that is without a doubt, but I am so grateful for each one of you. I am so comforted and supported by your words. They made me cry and smile, but they healed my heart and lifted my spirits.
Shannon - It sounds like Lillibug will do great with this new team. I wish her all the best. My Devyn had to go through this for baseball and football and he has excelled for past what he thought he could do. Nothing substitutes for hard work and she gets that from her momma!! I wish I would have taken Devyn to a whole foods and had him try different things, he's not picky, but he likes what he likes..You're an awesome mom and Lillibug is lucky!
Learn - I'm glad you got a few extra minutes of sleep, you needed it, huh? I hope you get your shopping done today and finally get to celebrate your bday with your favorite boys. Oh and thanks to all my sisters on here, I got my guardrails up and so is my head!
CJ - My sister, I am so grateful for your words. They were sweet and kind and just what I needed. I have never eaten a real artichoke nevermind a fake one! I guess that is one of those things I will have to try. I like the calender idea, my gym does that and I just circle the classes I want to take. I think for next month I am going to try to incorporate more classes into my workouts. Right now, I'm just working myself out-which I love-but this will be apart of me missing up my workouts.
Maria - glad the weather there has been nice for you guys. I know it can be dicey in your part of the country, but it sounds like you are having some wonderful weather. Enjoy your day at the lake!
Ags - thank you and congrats on the 1lb release, super proud of you. Again, you know exactly what to say to make things better.
Heather - congrats on the weight loss and the bp. That is no small feat getting bp under control. You are doing a great job, keep it up.
Ona - Again, thank you for your kindness and support. Keep pushing it with the walking and Curves!

My positive today is that no matter what I know I will be ok. I know that I have the ability to push through, to survive, and to kick the crap out of this sadness. Thank you all!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #132  

Good Morning Ladies....

Well, I did my WATP 4 mile walk today because it is raining outside and I feel good and I also have a NSV to tell you ladies about....

I am officially down 2 sizes to a 1X-I started out at a 3X and I am sitting here typing this wearing a 1X top so I am really excited about that.

CJZee...thank you for the compliment and I am glad that she took my concern seriously and had a plan of action to try to get rid of it so lets hope it works.

Learn...thank you...I think 14 lbs in 2.5 months is great too not to fast and I am glad to have found a free pap and mammogram place to go to also as the last time I had one was March 2008 right before I got laid-off and I just couldnt afford to pay to get one done but now I can get one done for free hopefully.

Shannon...thank you! Actually this time I saw a different doctor then I have been seeing the past couple times I have gone so I was a little dissapointed about that but its a free clinic so I guess you see whoever is working that day and the doctor that saw me said " you have lost weight since the last time you were here in june unless the nurse switched the numbers cause you were 282 the last time you were here so did you weigh 268 today or 286?" and I said " I weighed 268" she said " Oh, well thats good that is 14 lbs since the last time" so it seemed to me that she wasnt that impressed or something so I dont know but other than that the visit went really well.

Well, ladies gotta run for now I will be back later
keep rockin'
Heather
Old 09-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #133  

Devsmama...we were posting at the same time but I wanted to say thank you and that I am sorry you are going thru a rough time right now and I hope things get better for you and just try to keep thinking positive and you know that we care about you and are here anytime to listen to you so anytime you need support from us we are hear to listen..hope you have a good labor day weekend and keep your chin up

keep rockin'
Heather
Old 09-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #134  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!! Sorry I haven't been around much the last day or so. I didn't feel like I really had anything to report, but realized I missed it here, and all the upbeat positive thoughts!

Learn... what is POP? I've been wondering and trying to figure it out. The only thing I could come up with is ___ on points. LOL But YAY for staying there! Congrats. And YAY for sleepin' in.

Stella... I wish there were a good meat wagon here that was cheap. My husband would love that!! lol Eating out would kill my lunch. I have a hard time just finding something I enjoy. I want something quick and easy, and just find it difficult. I like to use leftovers for lunches, but honestly with a family of 6, there's never many leftovers. I hope your friend and her husband rediscover their passion for each other!

Heather.. How awesome that you are out and walking those miles!! And YAY about a good dr visit.

Devs.. I like the fake it til ya make it idea. I always tell my children "Your attitude determines your day". If you decide to have a good positive attitude, good positve days will come from it. Not to say bad things won't happen, but a positve attitude will greatly affect the way you feel abotu said bad thing. Sometimes it sinks into their heads, sometimes not. I will be keeping you in my prayers, because God knows just what you need in life. I hope things begin to get better for you quickly!

Ona.. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story! I am in AWE of your exercising girl!! WOW

CJ.. Thanks for letting me know how to eat artichoke. I was always of the mindset you shouldn't eat anything wtih the word choke in it. It may need to be the next veggie I try out. It's amazing how many out there I've never eaten. You are absolutely right about the weight loss. This is the first time I've ever felt like I could really do it. And the weight loss is 2nd in priority for me... health for me and my family first and foremost. But it's the weight loss that excites me! I had to laugh when you said you are a "floater". ME TOO. I tell my husband all the time that I have built in floaties. LOL

Shannon.. how great that you found your daughter a dance studio you can both be excited about! And that she's willing to work hard this year to make the new team. I love to see a drive in children like that!

My positive... I talked to my husband about helping with the kids more.. not just as a FUN DAD, but also as a disciplinarian, etc. He promised to help more, and is even taking all the kids to a local high school football game tonight so I have some alone time.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #135  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

yay I can finally move my ticker again I weighed in today It's only by 3 ounces but hey 3 ounces is 3 ounces! woo hoo! finally going down again!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 09-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Closed Thread