Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #31  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

happy Friday everyone!!!

LiliK.hope you're making beautiful music today fight on!! work it out,the scale will move!!

Maria,hope you're enjoying your week off

Stella,have a wonderful time w/your cousins and enjoy your date night.

Heather, 4.5 miles is awesome,just great. hope you and your DH has a wonderful anniversary

Kitsey,hope you're continuing to do good things for your body.When you do, everything else fall into place.You'll be more happier and have more self-confidence.

Learn,hope you have a wonderful day.Sorry bout your mother's health. I know this is a stressful time for you but this too shall pass Hang in there.Hope your DS feels better soon. Everything will calm down soon.

Shannon.I'm so happy for you..doing things you didn't have the strength or motivation to do before,just fantastic A whole new person and just think...it's gonna get better and better

As for me: my positives for today.. I'm thankful.Thankful that God keeps giving me the strength,wisdom and mental power to continue to lose this weight.I'm thankful that he let me wake up in my right mind,gave me the strength to exercise this morning and kept my family safe during the night.
Another postive.. I'm almost a vegetarian.I've fallen in love with a spinach(i've never tasted spinach in my life,have always thought i'd hate it, just decided to try it),tomatoes,grilled onions,bell peppers and mushrooms salad.I can eat one everyday,all day

Oh,almost forgot..... Shia you are doing a great job hope you cheered loud for your DS

Have a Great friday everyone!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #32  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Mornting Ladies,

I am so glad that it is Friday, but I better not blink for it will be Monday once again. Woe is me, woe is me!!! LOL LOL

KIt,
I saw your pictures and they are the most adorable things ever and my favorite one is the same as your, just beauitul all the way around.

S T E L L A !!!!!,
Have a super duper hot diggity dang dang fantabuous rootin tootin out of this world weekend!!!!!! You know I love you baby!!!!

Learn,
Pepper pepper who's got the pepper!!!! I love pepper and yes only the fresh cracked kind will do. All things work together for good to them that love the Lord and you do, so that is all!!!!! You know what I mean.

Super Shia who is super Mom,
I would love to sneak up and see you at Dev's game, jumping up and down, hollering, that's my boy, that's my boy, and pom pom's a flying!!!! Would not expect anything less!!!! Rock it you hot tamale........3.6.......can't touch this as Hammer use to say!!!!! So way proud of you!!!!!!

My positive for the day so far is...................I have not eaten anything bad and that is a start!!! My other so far is that it is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what that means to me, but I bet you can imagine. lol lol

That's all folks,
later gators,
hugs love and blessings, and remember to make every single moment count,
Ags
Old 08-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #33  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Ona,
your post just beat mine up cause it takes me so long, but I had to tell you, I adored all of your positives, especially all of the first. You are one awesome lady and I admire you oh so much. Wish I had your motivation, you stamina, and your fantastic attitude of never ever slowing down, but pressing firmly forward towards your mark. What a great leader you are!!!! Thank you for being here!!!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #34  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

LiliK,you and i were posting at the same time.I'm so glad your DH reminded you of the medication that you're on!! so that's the culprit what a wonderful Husband for helping you

Ags you know and posted exactly what's what..no one could have said it any better than you.You have the will and determination to have a healthier lifestyle and as long as you have that determination then you can do it.fight on!!!

edit: our post crossed Ags,but you do have motivation,stamina and everything you need to lose weight..God gave you us power over everything when we become a child of his.

We have to continue to fight,fight temptation everyday.keep resisting the eating demon and he will flee.I'm no different than anyone else.I fight everyday,everyday..

I'm not nor do i want to be the leader of anything.I live my life.."treating people the way i want to be treated".So many people have/and are still saying things to encourage,motivate and strengthen(I've even started a book of motivational diet Phrases) me..i just want to treat others like so many have treated me.

I struggle and have my moments just like everyone else.Some days are better than others..

I get frustrated,be in a bad mood cause i want something that's not good for me(just ask my family,they know when I'm in my mood and want something unhealthy,DM said.. the other day,just leave her alone,she just wants to eat something.I had an attitude right..haha)..

But i fight it,fight hard,find another good choice that will satisfy me and the feeling passes.You're a child of God's!!!!!..you can do all things!! just continue to fight!!!

Ags(x)..take one day at a time.Just get threw today then tomorrow, etc..
Soon.. time will have passed and you're strength and willpower will be so much stronger.Lean on Jesus!!!!

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-27-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #35  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Ona, your new avatar pic!! You look like you are about 21 years old! Goodness gracious, beautiful!!!! I thought the other one was beautiful, but I can't get over how young you look in this one!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Evening Ladies...

Today was a busy day I had to get up at 5:30 this morning to take my husband to work so I could go over to my parents house and then after he got off of work we decided to go to the local mall to walk around ( we had no money just wanted to do some walking) and then we came home and I relaxed for a little while and had dinner and my 2 POSITIVES for the day are...

1 I was POP with my eating today ( have been all week)
2. Tonight after dinner I decided to do a walk and I ended up only doing 1.5 miles I just did not have the energy to walk anymore but I am proud of myself for at least going for a walk today.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better rested and be able to go for a walk after my husband gets out of work so we will see what happens but that is what I am aiming for.

Well, that is all for now ladies
keep rockin'
Heather
Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #37  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening ladies,

Just pokin my head in to see the goings ons, and WOW good stuff here.

Ona,
thank you so much for the pep talk, you see, even the Queen of Positives needs a little boost every now again. LOL I love love love your new Avatar Pic, it is quite beauuuuu tiiiii fulll! You look like a teenager, now ain't that grand!!!! One hot momma!!!!

Heather,
kudos to you for keeping on!!!! You are focused and determined and doing your thang!!! Super proud of you sista!!!

I got news this evening that they are reducing our work force in the marketing dept, they are going from two marketers to one and even though I am the best in the field, bring in more revenue than anyone has ever, have held the position the longest, I am the one they have decided to eliminate. They say it is because the other young lady has been with the company longer than I. This will reduce my pay by almost half and now I will be the new telemarkter but this may not be such bad news as I thought. They gave me three options to choose from, to stay full time in membership but still lose my clerk status and 2.50 per hour and lose my weekends off or go to the front end as a cashier and keep my full time status and keep my clerk pay which would keep me at 20.50 per hour or take this telemarkter position at part time and make 18.80 per hour, keep my weekends off and only work from 10-3:00. I am choosing option number three, that way I am sitting at my desk and off the concrete which will save my knees, saving gas, keeping my weekends so I can still attend church, and the little ones will not have to stay in daycare as long. After crying at first for losing my job , I thought about it and re-evaluated the senerio and this must be a blessing from God. My hubby says no need to worry cause what I make does not affect the household in anyway cause he pays for everything, I will just have to adjust my spending of my wants. Guess I can't be so free about what I buy, maybe I will think a little bit more. LOL LOL My tears are gone and now I see clearly that this God has turned into a blessing for me. It has become a positive for me.

Hugs love and blessings,
remember to make every moment count, I shall,
Ags
Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Ags...I am soo sorry that you are losing your position hun but I am glad to hear that at least they gave you options to still work in another dept which is good right now with the economy the way it is and your husband sounds like he is very supportive which is good. Yeah, I am definately doing my thang I really want to be in the 260's by my doctors appt so I am pushing myself a little harder this week and I wont be weighing in until TOM is gone and hopefully he will take a couple pounds with him LOL

Anyway, thinking of you and I know that things will work out because GOD is on your side AGS and like you said everything happens for a reason.

Take Care Hun,
keep rockin'
Heather
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #39  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

big big positive!

I JUST BOOKED MY CRUISE FOR NOVEMBER!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:53 AM   #40  

Happy Happy Saturday Everyone,
Yaw Hoo the weekend is finally here.

Shia- CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BOG LOSE! 3.6 POUNDS AWESOME!

Lili- So if your thyroid isn't working is there something your going to be taking to get it going again. So glad you know what's causing it and hopefully you can correct it.

Ona- God is great, isn't he? Wow! Spinach is so good for you also. Nothing like finding a new dish that's so healthy too.

Shannon- Weather your post is a little or a lot, always great to see your smiling avatar.

Ags- Wow, what a shock! I am so sorry to hear about your job situation. I think option 3 is perfect for you when it comes to your health (legs & knees), but still what a shock to the pocketbook. Will you still have benefits (health ins.)?

Heather- Awesome job with the walking. I have spent many a times just walking the malls without shopping.

Maria- A cruise, how awesome. Is that the one that has you cruising out of Tampa?

I had a POP day yesterday. Ate well and got my pool time in. Kept my son home an extra day to help get rid of his head cold. Mom was somewhat behaved most of the day. She's having trouble excepting that this is her home. She keeps asking for someone to take her home. When I tell her she is home she just says yeah, I know but it's not my home. No matter how I explain it to her she doesn't except it. I just try to distract her with something else to occupy her time. I dropped off some paperwork at the dept. of aging office yesterday for her assisted living and they told me she is at the top of their list as soon as the funding is released, which I'm told is at the end of each month. So I'm hoping this will happen soon.

Well that's all for me. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Let's POP this thing.

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 08-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! Here is the long-lost CJ, back from her trip to see her nephew get married in Amsterdam. I had a great time, walked a lot (and took public transport a lot also). After Amsterdam, I took the train to Bruges, Belgium -- an ancient city that was not touched by the bombs of WWI or WWII so is still intact and beautiful.

Then I took the EuroStar (the fast 186-mph train that goes underneath the English Channel) to London where I met up with some friends of my fiance's. Then onto to southern England, the Brighton area, where I have an English friend that used to live in the States.

Believe me, there was a lot of schlepping of my bag (I managed to have only one, thank goodness!) onto busses and trams and trains. I only took one taxi when it was pouring rain, so I schlepped a lot! I did somehow manage to gain 3.5 lbs. (arghgh!).

I see there are a lot of changes happening in people's lives on this thread. Life is about change and growth and renewal and I am proud of everyone for just moving forward.

It's good to be home.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

CJ - sounds like a wonderful trip - are you home for a bit? So great to see you!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #43  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Ags - God is so good about turning things around for our good!! You're a rock girl!! I luv ya!

I just wanted to check in this morning and share the daily thought from my dieters devotional!! It's a good'ern...

I am a marvelous creation of God worth taking care of!

Short and sweet!!

We are gettin ready to head out to get my cousin and do the bday thing!! She is so excited! Check back in with you lovely gals later!! MUAH!! Luv ya's!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #44  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies!!!

Stella - have fun at the b-day party! I so enjoyed our chat the other day, we have to do it again soon! And thanks for the congrats.

CJ-glad you're home! Sounds like you had a great time!

Learn- Hopefully things will start moving soon for your mom. I hope the boy gets better soon! Thanks for the shoutout!

Maria- Congrats on the cruise. I can't wait til I go on one.

Ags- good job finding the positive out of a very stressful situation. This option sounds like a really good one for you. I know that everything will work out perfectly.

Heather- good job staying POP and getting your walk in.

Ona- great positives and yes ma'am I cheered him on like a mad woman.

Lili- thanks for the shout out. I'm glad your hubby helped you figure out what the problem is. Good job!

Ok well, I'm at work this weekend, so I think I will be able to walk the trails on campus-my first positive.

Second-Devyn got in as the Varsity QB last night when the starting QB went down with an injury. I almost puked! I was so nervous for him. He did a good job. Wow! A sophomore running the Varsity football squad!
Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #45  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning all,

And thank you Heather thank you for thinking of me and caring, and yes I will be fine, my husband would rather I stop working, he never really wanted me to but he knew back when I would go stir crazy plus I love having my own money to do whatever I want to do. I have always been the type of person who did not care how mch something cost, I just knew if I wanted it I was going to get it, well this might cramp my style just a little, but if I really want it, daddy will get it for me just like he always does. I know, this is one of my faults, I have always been spoiled rotten. Thank to my daddy may he be rest in peace.
Kudos to you on pushing yourself to reach that goal, such motivation and determination. YOU ROCK!!!!

Learn,
I must admit it was a shocker, especially since I was and am the best in my field. I have run circles around others who have come and tried, but it is okay, the other worker is my best friend and really needs to keep her full time position with her kids and all, so all in all in works out for the best. I will continue to be fine, and to answer your question, yes, I do keep all of my benifits and my bonuses every six months. I think I was more hurt than anything but I am almost over that too, The only thing is I will miss what I do because I loved my position, going out and meeting people is what I do best and saling them services I believed in made it all the better and they trusted me and many of us have become great friends, which we shall remain. I just never thought of doing anything else, but things do change, and in my heart I believe that this God's way of having His hands in things and looking out for His child, ME!!!!!! The pocketbook will be fine too, God will make sure that I have more than enough and that is good with me.
Hope your pool time is grand today and hope the son of yours is making progress and is back and at them real soon. So Mom is ready to go, that is a good sign for all of you. End of the month is all most here, hold on just a little while longer kiddo. Smooches!!!

CJ,
is in the house, hip hip whorayyyy!!!!! Your trips sounded amazing and you got lots of stuff done and saw mega amounts of folks. I want to go out and see the world, so many things on my bucket list. Please post some pics if you do not mind cause I think that is the only way I will get to see all of those places. Now please tell me what schlepping means??? So glad you are home, I really really missed you.

Good morning Carol,
your post crossed with mine, love to see your face in this place.

S T E L L A !!!!!,
Thank you so much for the hug, I could surely use it, you are always reaching out to this ole girl and I love you soooo much for it!!!! That was short sweet and to the point, no truer words were spoken and I am living proof!!!!!! Enjoy your day and try to be good!!!!! Smooches

Shia,
had to do it baby, there had to be a silver lining and bam there it was.............God is so good to me!!!!!! Did you get my big time congrats???? I sent you some too (Ags feeling let out) sigh........Devyn is the MAN and so now I know you really will be the loudest proudest wildest cheerleader Mom ever in life. Go for girl, that's what you are supposed to do!!!! Get it momma!!!!! QB, that boy is stunnin'!!!!! Wow, do kids still even say that??? LOL LOL

Maria,
Congrats on getting ready for another cruise. My daughter Cake leaves on hers in a few days with her cousin. Take girl is a world travler for sure. THis time I think it is The Bahama's or Jamacia, not sure, she did one of them last year and Cancun the year before. All I can say it get it girls!!!!!!

Well that is it for now ladies,
got get Mali off the potty,
hugs love and blessings, Ags is making every moment count,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-28-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread