Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #76  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

awwww - shia I'm sorry.. that is so messed up!!! I hope you find a way to come up with it soon

cat- I'm sorry about the desks! how uncomfortable... I'd write a anonymous letter to the dean of education
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, Im coming here because I have a little bit of a vent and didnt want to put it in the positive thread so I decided to come here and vent and ask you ladies your opinion on something...

( may be a little TMI)

Ok, my TOM is almost gone I am still bleeding a little bit ( sorry i know TMI) but I figured this morning it would be safe to weigh myself since it is almost gone and I have really been POP this week and walking alot and yesterday I took a bike ride so I got up this morning and got on the scale naked and after I peed and the scale still says 271 which is what I weighed wednesday morning before I got TOM so I have 2 questions....

1) When do you guys notice a whoosh with your weight loss after TOM? I mean is it after it is TOTALLY gone or a couple days after?

2) I have been doing alot of walking and some bike riding this week...is doing 3-5 miles of walking a day enough exercise or do I need to do more than that? I chose walking because I really hate doing cardio so I thought that would be a good choice of exercise at least until the wintertime and then I can do my WATP as my exercise and I have been POP with my eating this week along with lower my carb intake...

so, what do you ladies think?
thanks for taking the time to read this
keep rockin'
Heather

PS do you ladies ever feel like you have lost weight and even looked in the mirror and noticed that you have shrunk in certain areas and then you get on the scale and it says you weigh the same as before? that is what happened to me this morning I feel like I have lost weight and when I look in the mirror I can see that my stomach area has definately shrunk since I started walking...does that ever happen to any of you?

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-29-2010 at 09:23 AM.
hbieber2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #78  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbieber2006 View Post
do you ladies ever feel like you have lost weight and even looked in the mirror and noticed that you have shrunk in certain areas and then you get on the scale and it says you weigh the same as before? that is what happened to me this morning I feel like I have lost weight and when I look in the mirror I can see that my stomach area has definately shrunk since I started walking...does that ever happen to any of you?
You're not imagining things. If it looks smaller, it is smaller. It just sometimes takes the scales a little while to tell you what you can see with the naked eye. The most discouraging is when you can see that you've shrunk, but the scale is up a few pounds.

Last weekend, the scales dropped to 288 and then added 6 lbs. I know I didn't gain it. TOM was just finished...so I had to wait for my body to rid itself of the excess water. Today I'm at 287.

Patience. It took a long time to gain, so it'll take a little while to lose.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #79  

Thank you AZ...I am happy to say that I took my frustration out on my walking shoes...I just got back from a 3 mile walk so I am glad that I didnt get frustrated and go in the kitchen and eat something I shouldnt instead I went for a walk.

keep rockin'
Heather
Old 08-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #80  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Heather-first be calm because the work you're doing is not in vain. Don't worry about how long it takes this weight to come off, just stay committed and you'll see, the weight is going to come off anyway. You are doing enough exercise, just make sure you are eating enough calories, keep sodium low, and make sure you get plenty of rest.

You are doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #81  

Thank you devsmama
Old 08-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #82  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

AAAAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Okay, gotta vent...... My birthday is Tuesday, and it is an incredibly hard time for me since my mom passed. I get very depressed and find it difficult to cope during the best of times. HOWEVER I am currently in a flare with my lupus (and quite miserable, honestly) and, today, my SO's car breaks down. Wonderful! What does he say? That if I could find someone at work to take me home after my shift each day he'll get up early enough to take me. UMMM, okay, excuse me, but as MY car is running, why should I automatically be the one that has to search for alternative modes of transportation? Not only that, but it really is sounding like the clutch is what's wrong with his car (or something even worse) and so that means that I will be the one that has to find the funds (he won't be able to with his obligations). If I do not, then I will have to listen to a constant barrage of complaints about how he has to get up early/or find a ride himself and about how expensive car repairs are, etc. So.....

Oh my head. I started the day excited because I was able to move my ticker again and my joints aren't as achy as they've been... so I thought I may be coming out of the flare. Stress certainly will keep me in it. I should have known something bad was going to happen.

So I don't know what to do besides cry, and that's not going to solve anything
lolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #83  

OMG!!!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 AM   #84  

me and hubby had a fight yesterday. it's been ages since we've gotten mad at each other.. I hate fighting... but we've made up and everything is better now.. but still I just hate when that happens- I'm so emotionally drained from it..
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM   #85  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

Maria, I'm sorry that you had to go through that... I understand what you mean, though... I feel like a wrung-out dishcloth afterwards, and and have no energy for anything.

Today could have been a worse birthday.. but not by much. Can't even write about it, but it's so bad that I am not really sure how to cope and how to even get through the day.....or even if I want to.
lolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #86  

lol.. I'm so sorry you had a rough day! Not sure what happened but what ever it is will get easier to deal with as time goes go on.. time really does heal all wounds... things will all work out *hugs* in the mean time
Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #87  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Ugh. So frustrated and angry with myself. It started on Friday when I went just a wee bit over my calories at Wendy's. It then continued all weekend.. and into this week! I have gained 7 lbs back . I finally got a signature and a ticker.. but I had to put my current weight at 322. What a bummer. BUT today is another day. I am back on track and trying to learn from my mistake. Just bummed that I had to backslide so far before I stopped myself. Anyway.. thanks for listening to me vent.
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #88  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadoll View Post
Ugh. So frustrated and angry with myself. It started on Friday when I went just a wee bit over my calories at Wendy's. It then continued all weekend.. and into this week! I have gained 7 lbs back . I finally got a signature and a ticker.. but I had to put my current weight at 322. What a bummer. BUT today is another day. I am back on track and trying to learn from my mistake. Just bummed that I had to backslide so far before I stopped myself. Anyway.. thanks for listening to me vent.
Don't even worry about it, mamadoll. I think you caught yourself in time!! Those uh-oh days add tons of water weight, but if you get yourself right back on plan after just a few days of going crazy, then most of it will whoosh back off, I am sure. It takes 3500 EXTRA calories to gain a real pound of fat, so unless you ate 24,500 extra calories since last Friday, a lot of it is water.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #89  
Aspiring Loser

Height: 5'9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Don't even worry about it, mamadoll. I think you caught yourself in time!! Those uh-oh days add tons of water weight, but if you get yourself right back on plan after just a few days of going crazy, then most of it will whoosh back off, I am sure. It takes 3500 EXTRA calories to gain a real pound of fat, so unless you ate 24,500 extra calories since last Friday, a lot of it is water.
Thank you Shannon I appreciate being reminded of that. I did think it was a bit crazy that I could have possibly gained that much in just a few short days. I mean I made bad choices.. but I didn't eat that much, lol.
mamadoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 335/T/160

Height: 5'8

Need to vent:

I usually try to stay positive, but today is just GETTING ME DOWN.

1) Was up all night with an upset stomach. The upside to this was I was down 2 lbs this morning. But, that means it was all water, and I'm probably terribly dehydrated (i'm trying to drink water, but, blah).

2) work is SO stressful. I try to leave work at work, but I'm hormonal and sick, and was just having "one of those days". Also, i keep finding that other people make more money, are getting raises, etc and it frustrates me to no end because I work very hard and I need the money so badly (#3)

3) I've made a LOT of dumb monetary decisions in my life. I'm trying to fix them, but, there's only so much I can do! It's all less than about $2000/$3000 dollar (which to some people isn't that much), but I just don't have it right now. And it's hard to get ahead at all when i get paid so very little.

4) I was looking for new jobs (hopefully better paying jobs), and just got two rejection letters in the mail at the same time. UGH.

5) Roommate: I got a new roommate and she is DRIVING ME UP THE WALL. i don't really care about sharing stuff, but she keeps eating my food without asking, and decides to rearrange the kitchen stuff every day. She DOESN'T have a job, and apparently has nothing better to do. But, I'm doing my best to eat healthy, and she eats the stuff I specifically buy to keep me from eating crap!! (She also eats all of the crap in the house). I don't have money to feed her too. Sadly, eating healthy is more expensive than eating junk. Guess it's time to search for a new place to live.

In other news though - I have been exercising (not today so much since I feel like crap) and been staying on plan. I really want to get under 300 by Halloween (just a personal goal) and would LOVE to hit 275 by xmas.

Thanks for letting me vent, I'm just having a really down day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!! THanks for listening, ladies.

Last edited by redumbrella1; 09-02-2010 at 04:13 PM.
redumbrella1 is offline   Reply With Quote