3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

New to the forum 340 current lbs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default New to the forum 340 current lbs.

Hello everyone I am new to the forum my name is Adrianna I am 29 years old almost 30 in a few months. I really need to get this weight off in a year or 2 at the most I want to enjoy my 30s and do things I have been missing since I missed my 20s and pretty much my whole life. Wondering if there are any of you out there that would like to be weight loss buddies with me, and could maybe show me the ropes, I'm not really sure what I'm doing I have never really posted at a forum like this before kind of lost.

I also have pcos and was wondering if anyone else has this also. My hair is getting pretty thin and I have some facial hair now I was wondering will these symptoms go away and reverse after I lose the weight and regulate my blood sugar and hormones.

Also I think I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure but I haven't been to a doctor to confirm it I can just tell. I am not on any medications and I don't really want to be unless its something all natural. I heard spearmint tea helps with pcos symptoms so I am going to be working that into my diet as well.

I am going to be using the stax system in conjunction with the belly fat cure diet. Wondering if anyone else is using these sytems? And will be working out on a treadmill 6 days a week at least 30 mins to an hour and 5-10lb weights and aerobics on mon wed and friday for another 30 mins to an hour. I may just do an aerobics video with weight training on those days. But I like to go outside and workout as well so I will switch it up when it's sunny and nice out. Sunday will be my rest day.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Aubrey87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 178

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Default

Hi there Adrianna,
welcome to 3FC and good luck!
I just wanted to say that i think you need to go to a doctor. High Blood pressure and diabetes have very serious side effects and you need to make sure they are under control. once you loss weight and the problem is rectified you'd probably be able to go off the meds.
Good luck!
Aubrey
__________________
Aubrey87
One for every 5 lbs lost

Ultimate Goal

March Challenge
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey87 View Post
Hi there Adrianna,
welcome to 3FC and good luck!
I just wanted to say that i think you need to go to a doctor. High Blood pressure and diabetes have very serious side effects and you need to make sure they are under control. once you loss weight and the problem is rectified you'd probably be able to go off the meds.
Good luck!
Aubrey
Thanks Aubrey I would but I don't have insurance right now or a car to get there so I'm kind of stuck.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Do everything in love.
 
ohlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 160

S/C/G: 420/333.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Default

Adrianna, welcome!

I definitely agree with Aubrey. You should get to a doctor as soon as you can. Two years ago this month (I had just turned 24) I nearly died, and was eventually diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and high blood pressure. My heart problems were caused by an infection in my heart, but it only got as bad as it did because I hated going to the doctor and refused to go until I couldn't breathe anymore and started coughing up blood. I haven't had insurance the whole time I've been treated because I was in college and didn't have a job that offered health insurance, but every hospital and clinic I visited had a form of financial aid/community assistance that helped me pay what I couldn't. The type of blood pressure medication that I take only costs $8 a month at Walmart, so if it is something you need, doctors will help you find something entirely affordable. I'm not telling you my horror story to freak you out, but I really want you to be able to get the help you need because high blood pressure and diabetes can be serious. Going to a doctor saved my life, and none of the reasons I had for not going were worth my life. I didn't want to have to talk about my weight, I was embarrassed, it made me uncomfortable, I couldn't pay, etc. Not worth it.

As far as the PCOS and diabetes, try looking at some of the threads and asking your questions in the Dieting with Obstacles forum. You’ll find people who have the same issues that you’re having. Until you can get to a doctor, you can try lifestyle changes to help with possible high blood pressure and diabetes. Diet and exercise can help with both. Definitely watch your sodium, and try to have less than 2,000mg a day. It takes a lot of effort, but I know it can be done. Stay away from overly processed food because it has a lot of salt and sugar in it. Prayer or meditation might help with blood pressure too.

I am so glad you are here as part of getting healthy, and think you're incredible for losing the weight you already have. All you have to do is ask, and me and every magnificent person here will be more than willing to help. I'm 26, and completely understand wanting your life back now before you miss too much more. You can do this. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!
__________________
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
The name is Maria :)
 
mariamherrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,188

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default

Hi welcome!I am 28! I'm determined like you to get this weight off me so I can enjoy my 30's! I got two more years I'm sure we can both do this! I would also suggest seeing a doctor even if you don't have a car I'm sure there a friend or relative taht coudl take you? and most hospitals, urgent cares, clinics will give you financial aid if you are unable to pay trust me i lived off that for years before my hubby got a job that offered insurance! your health and your life are worth the small inconveniences!

come and visit us over on the positive and uplifting thread we are all over 300 lbs and we find something positive each day to say! We;d love you to join us!
__________________





Current Mini Goal- to get out of the 290's

said good bye to the 320's 1/30/2012

said good by to the 310's 3/28/2012

said good by to the 300's 5/20/2012

I can't loose a 150 lbs but I can loose 10 lbs 15 times! one for every 10 lbs lost!Start date 1/24/2012=weighed in at 325 lbs

2/18/2012 3/28/2012 8/29/2012
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Natasha1534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 1,931

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

I agree w/ those who say that you really need to get in to see a doctor. There is indigent care just about everywhere you go and most doctors offer a SERIOUS discount if you let them know you have no insurance and will pay them in cash. I have high blood pressure myself and the meds I take for it are $4 per month. My doctor told me at my last visit that when I get down to 285 he'll lower my blood pressure meds. So already I can tell you that losing the weight is going to help w/ the blood pressure problems, definitely!!! As for the possible diabetes, you really need to have that checked b/c uncontrolled diabetes can cause all kinds of problems including loss of eyesight and kidney failure.
__________________

1st goal - 10% of body weight lost - MET 06/21/10
2nd goal - 100 lbs lost
3rd goal - 180 lbs!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
Cat Cuddler
 
doingmybest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: California
Posts: 571

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi Adrianna:

I just want to wish you the very best and let you know that we are all here for you.

Please don't be afraid to face these issues head on. If you get the right medical care and support, you will be very glad that you did and you will feel so much better. Your health and happiness are very important - get the support that you need right now.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Thank you all so much it's so sweet of you all to be concerned, I appreciate the help very much, I will do my best to get into see the doctor somehow. I don't really have friends or family that would take me but I guess I could walk its summer. What kind of tests would they do on me, would it be blood tests or xrays or what should I expect for those of you who have been through it.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Natasha1534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 1,931

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by going2bskinny View Post
Thank you all so much it's so sweet of you all to be concerned, I appreciate the help very much, I will do my best to get into see the doctor somehow. I don't really have friends or family that would take me but I guess I could walk its summer. What kind of tests would they do on me, would it be blood tests or xrays or what should I expect for those of you who have been through it.
A bloodwork and a round of vitals (blood pressure, temperature, respirations, pulse, etc) should be all you need to find out if you have hypertension or diabetes.
__________________

1st goal - 10% of body weight lost - MET 06/21/10
2nd goal - 100 lbs lost
3rd goal - 180 lbs!!!

Last edited by Natasha1534 : 07-24-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #10
The name is Maria :)
 
mariamherrera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,188

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default

I'm sure they will take some blood tests and your vitals as was mentioned.. if any further tests needed to be done the doctor would tell you. in the mean to time to err on the side of caution I would base your diet around the fact that you might have it.. South beach diet is a great diet for people with diabetes and high blood pressure I would check out the book and look online how it's done.. also the Mediterranean diet- both of these diets focus on good healthy fats like olive oil, lean meats, nuts, beans, eggs, avocado, etc.. these are all things that help regulate diabetes. you could always do good old fashion calorie counting with the online calculators they have now it makes it REALLY easy to do I use the daily plate at livestrong.com I just keep my calories with in a good healthy range focus on good healthy fats, very little carbs and sugars. lots of fruit and veggies! but limit those that are higher on the glycemic index like corn and potatoes,
__________________





Current Mini Goal- to get out of the 290's

said good bye to the 320's 1/30/2012

said good by to the 310's 3/28/2012

said good by to the 300's 5/20/2012

I can't loose a 150 lbs but I can loose 10 lbs 15 times! one for every 10 lbs lost!Start date 1/24/2012=weighed in at 325 lbs

2/18/2012 3/28/2012 8/29/2012
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 AM   #11
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
A bloodwork and a round of vitals (blood pressure, temperature, respirations, pulse, etc) should be all you need to find out if you have hypertension or diabetes.
alright thanks alot
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamherrera View Post
I'm sure they will take some blood tests and your vitals as was mentioned.. if any further tests needed to be done the doctor would tell you. in the mean to time to err on the side of caution I would base your diet around the fact that you might have it.. South beach diet is a great diet for people with diabetes and high blood pressure I would check out the book and look online how it's done.. also the Mediterranean diet- both of these diets focus on good healthy fats like olive oil, lean meats, nuts, beans, eggs, avocado, etc.. these are all things that help regulate diabetes. you could always do good old fashion calorie counting with the online calculators they have now it makes it REALLY easy to do I use the daily plate at livestrong.com I just keep my calories with in a good healthy range focus on good healthy fats, very little carbs and sugars. lots of fruit and veggies! but limit those that are higher on the glycemic index like corn and potatoes,

Okay thanks so much. I'm going to be trying the Belly fat cure diet with the stax system starting as soon as I get them in the mail. The belly fat cure is basically the same as those diets so should be ok I hope. I'll see how it goes.

Thank you very much everybody
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
2X4 no more
 
woodgal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In the woods of Southern Ohio
Posts: 119

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

I just wanted to say WELCOME to the site and stick in my 2 cents.

We live in the poorest county in Ohio, there are a lot of unemployed, under employed, seniors and uninsured people here.

A few years ago my husband had a horrible infected ingrown toe nail, so I called the health department to see if they could recommend a doctor that would not charge too much as my husband had retired but was not quite old enough for social security and he had no insurance but would have to pay cash.
They told me that they could see him there and we would be charged 0.00

When we got there, they asked him about his sugar and he told them he may be hypoglycemic as he had been having some symptoms.
They did some tests and loaded him up with some meds and gave him a meter and strips to keep a check on his sugar.
So you may give the county health department where you live a call.

ALSO, in this county they have a van that comes to pick up disabled people and seniors for their doctor appointments. Ask the health department about that and if they do not know, call your counties senior center or social services dept.

This county is mostly rural and everyone is reallt spread out so if they do have a van or bus, you may have to make an appt. a week or so in advance like they do here.

Good luck and YAY ! for you taking charge of your health.
Diane
woodgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
Fit Chick Summer 2013
 
going2bskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 509

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodgal1 View Post
I just wanted to say WELCOME to the site and stick in my 2 cents.

We live in the poorest county in Ohio, there are a lot of unemployed, under employed, seniors and uninsured people here.

A few years ago my husband had a horrible infected ingrown toe nail, so I called the health department to see if they could recommend a doctor that would not charge too much as my husband had retired but was not quite old enough for social security and he had no insurance but would have to pay cash.
They told me that they could see him there and we would be charged 0.00

When we got there, they asked him about his sugar and he told them he may be hypoglycemic as he had been having some symptoms.
They did some tests and loaded him up with some meds and gave him a meter and strips to keep a check on his sugar.
So you may give the county health department where you live a call.

ALSO, in this county they have a van that comes to pick up disabled people and seniors for their doctor appointments. Ask the health department about that and if they do not know, call your counties senior center or social services dept.

This county is mostly rural and everyone is reallt spread out so if they do have a van or bus, you may have to make an appt. a week or so in advance like they do here.

Good luck and YAY ! for you taking charge of your health.
Diane
Alright thanks so much Diane I really appreciate it
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #15
Hatchling
 
chaoserenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 42

S/C/G: 318/301/150

Height: 5'10''

Default

Hey, Adrianna. I'm Adrianna. We have the same name. I thought that was pretty cool, since I've never met anyone with their name spelt the same way.

You can definitely find buddies on here and the support is excellente.

Can't wait to see more of you around the forums!
__________________

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."
—Tom Stoppard

An eater's blog.
Mini-goals:
10% gone. — March 14, 2011 ♥

chaoserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counting down from 100 Naughtyangel 100 lb. Club 17 06-25-2005 10:26 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2