Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- Most of my squash are still tiny. I will have to thin them out as they are too close together. Plus, I'm not sure I want squash from 12 plants! I've been surprised at how easy it is to grow them so far.

I don't know where everyone is... it's a ghost town!!

Today is finally the last day of classes -- next week exam week.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #17  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I dragged my butt to WW yesterday. It's been about 3 weeks, most of which was nowhere near OP. Leader says it's not too bad. Procrastinator that I am .... I don't want to know, at least not yet. I know if I keep blowing off meetings I'll just keep eating so I said "Self, get in that car and go. You've already paid for God's sake." There's this one lady who sits in the front row and tells everyone how glad she is that she joined, how her Dr. loves her loss, . She drives me nuts so I weigh in, chat with the leader and leave unless I really need the meeting and I'm feeling kind and tolerant.

I've got serious grocery shopping to do this weekend. There's no bad foods in the house but there's not much good food either. Guess who slipped back to eating at

Oh well, todays been good. Gotta keep trying!

CAROL: Welcome home. Glad you had a great time. Jet lag will fade soon.

HEATHER: You made it! Do you get time off this summer?

ANGELA: You go girl. Get those two meals in and soon you'll be looking at three!

DEB: You're my IDOL. You're doing great!!!!!

SANDY: Jump right in. We love new friends.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #18  
Who Burst MyBubble? Oh Me

S/C/G: 318/305/?

Height: 5 Foot 2, Eyes of Blue

Hellllllooooooo Ladies!

My starting weight was 301 and I just turned 40, how cool to have found you all.

Turning 40 was one of the worst things I've ever gone through. Luckily I won't have to do that again, huh?

I was so depressed at the thought of turning 40 and no one could understand why. How could I tell them that turning 40 meant that I had wasted 40 years of my life "TRYING" to lose weight. I had wasted 40 years being fat and that should have given me plenty of time to get in control of THIS THING!

I feel better now that I am back on track, regaining energy, and feeling proud of myself.

"No more SHAME for me, Ma"!

I know that therapy is going to help me in the long run, I'm just not sure how I feel about my therapist yet. But, I suppose you don't really have to like her in order for her to help.

About 4 years ago I lost 75 pounds on Jenny Craig and the weight just melted off. Yeah, I was the stupid one who gained it all back thinking I could always get it back off again.

Boy was I wrong! I am struggling so hard to keep the 30 pounds I've lost from coming back let alone being able to continue to lose.

I'm so frustrated with trying to figure out what is going to work for me...

... Just eat less
... You're not eating enough
... Eat a low fat diet
... Eat a low carb diet
... If you don't eat more carbs you're gonna suffer brain damage

STOP THE MADNESS!

Gone for a Bike Ride...Signed,
Godiva911 (aka Chocolate Emergency)
Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Godiva!

Judy - great job getting back to WW - I admire your nipping it in the bud spirit.

I'm feeling a little more back to normal today - did some laundry, paid bills, got my teeth cleaned - something other than being in a car for 12 hours. I'm giving myself the weekend to completely recharge. Monday I will hit the exercise routine again. Food has been great - nothing tastes better than good for me food after too many meals out. Shrimp on the grill tomorrow night I think.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #20  

I had a hungry afternoon - half a head of steamed cauliflower did the trick. Quantity wasn't good but proud of the choice.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #21  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Great Save Carol!!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #22  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Well, so far I'm still at ONE healthy meal. Tomorrow? Maybe. I'll try. I hate saying I'll try, but I don't know what else to say. Just checking in because I keep saying I'm going to check in no matter what.

Carol--I sprained my foot, just, I'm not sure, climbing a hill. It's not too bad, but it's my GOOD foot, the one I save for special occasions. So I really, really want it healthy! And I'm hoping it's not a stress fracture, like the one I had in my bad foot many years ago, which will never heal....
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #23  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

LOL I posted before I saw the last page. Welcome, Godiva!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #24  

Welcome, Godiva. Good to see you all, whether struggling or not!

I ate my first ever sugar snap pea straight from the vine today. I grew it myself and it was yummy! More please!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #25  

I wanted to just send a quick yet heartfelt "hello" to all my new friends out there. Its good to know you're out there.

It was a great day today. I only thought about food 216 times (what did I just eat, did I journal what I ate, was I accurate with my calculations, what am I going to eat next, can I eat that, I can't believe my husband is eating that, etc).

I am cooking some boneless skinless chicken breasts out in the garage. It is already too hot here to cook in the house anymore. So I have a large roaster oven I use out in the garage. But as I told my DH, I gotta have some food READY TO EAT at a moments notice or the wrong choices may be made.

The chicken is starting to smell good!

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Godiva911
Old 06-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #26  

Godiva -- It's a GREAT strategy to keep food for yourself at the ready!!! What other strategies are you using?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #27  

Height: 5'7"

Had a bridal shower at church yesterday and a wedding last night to attend. I ate to much at the bridal shower. We have been super busy giving showers at church lately. I skipped the reception last night because i was already feeling stuffed and miserable. I am bloated this morning.
We have one more shower to host in july and that should be it for awhile. We have such a great time and just tend to eat to much.
Heather- We have 9 hills of squash and 2 hills of zucs. I have 3 plants in each hill. I have enough to share most years. We have 14 tomato plants. We are loaded with tomatoes and some are showing signs of turning red. I cant wait. Fresh snap peas sound wonderful!! I have never tried them. I might give them a try next year.
Carol- I have to play catch up today on the house
Godiva- HI and welcome!!
judy- way to get things back on track!
vortex- hang in there!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 309.6/296.4/150

Height: 5' 6"

Post New member

Hi, I just joined. I weigh 309.6 according to my scale, and I joined a gym and hired a trainer today. I start exercising tomorrow. I've been overweight most of my life. I got down to 140 once in my 20's. My highest weight has been over 350. I have some physical limitations now due to an accident, so I know my progress may be slow. Its good to find a supportive community here!

Gina
Old 06-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #29  

Gina - welcome! Keep posting - trust me - it helps more than imaginable.

I had a great day today - a little low on calories and not the best choices but the grilled shrimp, zucchini and corn on the cob was a great dinner! Three hours of exercise didn't hurt either.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #30  

Hello Gina, thanks for including us in your journey!

Happy Sunday Ladies!

Heather, thanks for asking about my current endeavor.

I am currently cutting carbs, but watching the fat too. I journal my food each day on everdayhealth.com

I see a Therapist weekly to discuss my issues because I know that I'm not overweight because of my stomach, I'm overweight because of my head!

I have also incorporated my husband into this journey. He makes my lunch for me every night so that I can take it with me to work in the morning. I leave my food journal on the screen so that he can see where I am for the day and doesn't suggest something that I don't have room for. Plus the biggest benefit to him seeing my journal is so that he can tell me how well I'm doing and how proud he is of me! I LOVE THAT!

My scale had become stagnant for a while and I made the mistake of bellyaching about it to him. He took it personally and thought that the reason I had stopped losing weight was his fault. I won't make that mistake again. I love that he has become an active participant in this but I don't want him to think my challenges are his fault.

Right now I'm feeling really good. Cutting carbs is a new thing for me. I have always done the low fat (high carb) plans before. But, I'm just not as hungry as I normally am since I cut down the carbs.

This is really amazing for me... I am always hungry. I'm not really tempted right now. Nothing seems to be much of a temptation for me except for some of my worst poisons (ice cream, pie, chinese food, coconut soup, ranch dressing, etc).

I am so excited just to be BACK IN CONTROL again.

So, I've got a good combination of tools that I am working with right now:
* Cutting Carbs
* Extremely supportive Hubby
* Therapist to work through my issues
* I'M IN CONTROL

I'm enjoying today and I hope you all do too!

Hugs,
Godiva911

Last edited by Godiva; 06-06-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Closed Thread