Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Sorry about being MIA yesterday. I was out all day researching nail tech and esthetician schools and programs. Last night I had a focus group about weight loss. It is every other Wednesday and last night was it. So, just wanting to stop in and say hey to everyone.

Pink: praying for you and your furbabies. A lot of us on here are animal/dog lovers so we understand.

Cyn and Neon: hope you both feel better soon.

Rat: woo hoo on the walk! Fantastic news.

Tex: Welcome back

Sharon: You are a real beauty. Love your new hair/pictures.

Catherine: Do you need me to bake you a healthy treat with a file in it?

Basket: Hi there.

Okay all, time to get moving on my day. It isn't raining yet so I think I will jump on my bike for the first time this year and take a ride for my exercise today.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #47  

Greetings my Peeps!

Just a little sore today from yesterday's record walk. Today is beautiful now that the rain got rid of all the pollen. I'm sure that'll change as soon as all the plants start shedding more.

Pink, I hope your puppies are feeling better.

Sharon, your hair picts are so cute!! I also want picts of those cool sounding boots too.

Cyn, losing weight helps with GERD tremendously. There's a chance it might not go away, but from all I've read, the pressure of being overweight on the stomach muscles really aggravates it.

Hrm, Catherine, this is where the redneck in me comes out... Ya gotta get duct tape and strap the PolarBear to his chair. I think you can lure Himself to the chair with a remote and some noms (make sure bendy straw is in drink so he can reach while taped). Then make your getaway. Hiding his house keys can help stall his pursuit if he gets out too soon.

Annie, I hope your day there is as wonderful as it is here. I sure wish you lived closer. We could bike ride everywhere!

Sameen and Tex, welcome!!

Neon, I know your 20 min wasn't your optimum, but I think it's still better than nothing. Some days I just feel weaker than others and can't do as much. One of my baby steps is to listen to my body and sometimes my body's answer is "no more". LOL.

Hugs to all, especially my lurkers,
Ratkity
Old 05-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #48  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

I ATE AT APPLEBEES with MY SON....

For those of you who are new or returning, eating at Applebees may not seem a major feat. But I have spent 2 1/2 years homebound, mostly confined to a hospital bed - leaving the house by ambulance to the hospital or to doctors.

This is only the 2nd time I've been in public -both in the past 7 days! After a trip to the pulmonologist, my son wanted to take me out for lunch since it was the last time he would be able to drive me to the doctor as he moves out in 1 week. So, we went to Applebees. I got grilled chicken, salad, and steamed veggies from the Weight Watchers menu and I felt good about that. The people stared at me, but no mean comments that I heard. We handled the wheelchair and oxygen. A very different experience from last week when that woman at Busch Gardens said people like me should stay home because seeing me made her ill and ruined her day. This time did not hurt. And I treasure the time with my son before he leaves.

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE....

PINK - How are YOU? Are the pups better? We had a dog that got into the Easter basket one year and had blood in his stool from the chocolate he ate.
I hope yours make a recovery as quickly as ours did. TAKE CARE OF YOU!

CATHERINE- These wonderful, over-protective husbands just love us so they protect us from what we need to be healthy. (I'm not allowed out of my room when home alone). I wish you lived closer. We have a pool in our backyard that rarely gets any use now. Kurt keeps it sparkling clean. It's heated. I'm scared to get in it though both docs say I can. They told me to just take the oxygen hose in with me. I worry because I know I can get in (Gravity) but I worry I cannot get out. I have a super-obese friend who got stuck in hers last year and the new covered it when the EMS team had to get a fire truck crane to lift her of the pool. If you lived closer you could swim here everyday! The whole 3FC group is welcome!

TEX- I am so happy you have husband support. My husband still thinks this is just another phase I'm going through and he has asked me to wait until he is through teaching for the year before I start 'some new diet'. Does your name mean you scrapbook? There are some of us on here who do. I am gathering some Alaska things right now so I can put together some pages to give to Carol when she returns from her Alaska adventure (hopefully with some great stories, memories and pictures.)

BASKET - Let us know how the center works out and what you decide to do about the gym. When i could go to the gym I liked the ones that only had women. I have enough issues without having some guy roll his eyes when i had a machine set on 10 pounds.

JACQUIE - You never cease to amaze me - take care of yourself!

SAMEEN - You have some SUPER WILLPOWER - I would have eaten the fettucini for sure! Travel could be a challenge, but for someone with your willpower it might be okay.

RATKITY - You Go Girl - I am really impressed with your walk. My national fitness day workout was learning to roll on my side in the bed!

ANNIE - Hope the bike ride was wonderful!

EVERYONE HAVE A SUPER FRIDAY EVE!

Lindy
Old 05-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #49  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Lindy! Congrats!!!! Did you have fun with your son? I guess it's going to be hard getting used to having him gone.

Rat - I guess this is the time of year for pollen. It is beautiful out, but my allergies are driving me insane every time I go to the park.

Annie - Have you decided on a program? I have a diploma in make-up artistry from an esthetics school, but I have never worked with it. People don't want a fat make-up artist. Esthetics is more profitable thoguh, I am fairly sure. Thanks for your prayers. God heard them.

Sharon - you are lovely! You also have a beautiful face (I know that us 300 chickies hate hearing that, but I mean it hoestly!)

basketcase - Good to hear about the gym! I am trying to incorporate more exercise, but it's hard, and I am really resistant to the idea. Thanks for being a good inspiration!

neon - I have heard really good things about your job, but I was always afraid to apply because I thought they only hired skinny vegan hipster-types. Maybe I will apply. Work can be good exercise though!

The pups are going to be fine. They are all at the vet right now getting IV fluids. It was an interdog virus, and at the end they were pooping pure blood so I FREAKED OUT and rushed all 3 to the vet. $600 later.... But my babies are worth way more than that!

I have been struggling really hard with depression/dangerous thoughts. My pastor kept trying to get me to go to the hospital. I feel kind of embarrassed I have been acting so crazy. I am really depressed/anxious though.

I realized that I have absolutely no friends IRL who would do anything for me. I mean, they wouldn't even help me move a piece of furniture or something if my life depended on it.

I still hven't cleaned my gross apartment. There are now flies because it has been really humid and the dogs have been gone so I had that excuse. I need to go tackle it but really afraid of what i might find in the sink/garbage. Ew!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #50  
Dinkachu

PINK - PLEASE GET HELP IF YOU NEED IT - LISTEN TO YOUR PASTOR - She cares about you and if she thinks you need hospital help - go.

We care and want you well.

Lindy
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #51  
Dinkachu

25th POST -

Sorry about all the posts today -- I just had to respond to PINK and then I remembered something I wanted to tell CYN. And this makes my 25th post so I can give out my email address without breaking any rules!!!

CYN - I just finished homeschooling my son from 4th grade to 12th. Is there anything I can do to help. I taught for 22 years in public and private schools before homeschooling. I have tons of homeschool material I can give you if you continue homeschooling. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Lindy
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Rat - WTG on the walk! What a great accomplishment!

Lindy - I haven't been here long, but PLEASE get help! There is no need to be embarrased - everyone gets down at times, but when you get so far that you can't pull yourself out of it, then you just need someone to help pull you out. That's ok - you are worth that!

Dink - WTG on getting out of the house! I do scrapbook, but not nearly as much as I would like!

Super busy this weekend - I am putting together a 5th & 6th grade lock-in, and it is on Friday evening. It is an Amazing Race theme and I hope the kiddos LOVE it!

I tend to move into diets slowly. This week, I am concentrating on drinking enough water. I am trying to get in 80 oz a day, and so far I'm doing it. I have been using the bathroom like crazy, but I know once I adjust to the extra water, I'll stop going as much.

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #53  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Thanks Lindy. The psychiatric community and I have a long, sordid history. TBH, I don't really have much faith that anything they can do will help. I have been in and out of therapy for 10 yrs and recently realized I have issues with it (this is in fact why I switched out of the faculty of social work at school). I am not sure I believe in antidepressants (I am currently on Zoloft and Seroquel). The only thing that really works for me is benzos (like Xanax, Klonopin, that kind of thing), but most doctors are reluctant to prescribe them. I gained over 100 lbs on Risperdal until I went to see a new doctor last year and she told me she had no idea why the last one had me on it (for 7 yrs!!!) because it's actually known to WORSEN ocd. Bah.

Thanks for your concern though, love.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

hey everyone!
Lindy- i'm so glad that you went out with your son and i'm glad that you had a good time! and don't worry you will be able to get into the pool soon enough if you keep this up=)

Pink- its good to know that your dogs are better now, but please do get some help with the depression issues...

Tex- its good to take things slow!! and its great that you are increasing your water intake... you'll get used to it in no time! Good Luck!

Neon and Basket - thank you for the support.... i have made a reservation but my travel agent has told me that he will only give up the seat if i dont pay a week before i'm leaving... so i guess i have a months buffer to make a decision!

i was having a sucky day but today for the very first time i felt happy and energetic after my workout... people always said it would happen and i always knew that i would never stop hating exercising... but today i see what people were on about...!!

hope all of you have a wonderful weekend

Sameen
Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #55  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5''

Dinkachu:GOOD FOR YOU!! That's awesome that you were able to handle these situations in such a dignified manner. The thing that most people lack these days is class, pure and simple. Whenever you feel down about people who act like that, just remember that they too will be judged one day, but it will be by someone who will *in a snooty attitude!* "ruin their day" more than we do!

Last edited by tiffieturtle; 05-20-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the lovely comments!!!! I'm still blushing!!!xxxxxxx
Pink if you are in such a state at least try to do something, like clean one room each day. Small steps, each time you succeed it does help to spur you onto the next task, I know how overwhelming it can be, especially when you are depressed. Is there some other mental heath centre, charity, counselling or something nearby that you could try? HUGS xxxxxxxx ps SO glad your dogs are ok.
Dinkachu WOWEEEE you party girl!!!!!! I am so pleased for you, getting out must be so stressfull for you but you've done it, TWICE!!!! I'm sorry about those swine who said bad things at the graduation, why aren't nasty people gagged, they expect us to be hidden away why can't they be shut up too??!!!! Have you heard of a 'scold's bridle' it was made to shut up nagging women (coz of course men never nag!!!lol) I would like to personally apply one to the next person who 'disses'(lol!!!) you! You are doing FABULOUS, you are fabulous, don't forget it!!!! xxxxxxxx
Annie how's the research going? what is an aesthetician (sp??) btw? How's your pup? xxxxxxx
Catherine I hope he is letting you out now, lol!!! What's the temps there like? Is it getting warm now? xxxxxxx
Ratkitty WTG on the walking, how's the evil one doing now, still getting fluids? xxxxxx ps I'll try & post a pic of the boots, do you know how many paterns/designs they do now??? Sequins, stripes, checks (plaid) animal prints, it's crazy, but in a good way! Wish I could afford more, like leopard or Union Jack ones, or even Stars & Stripes (if they do them, is it disrespectful to the flag to wear it on your feet?)
Well lost another pound, quite happy after losing 8 in 4 days, lost 2" from my hips YAY!! nothing from my bust YAY!! 1" from my waist & 1/2" from my upper arms DOUBLE YAY!!! lol (my upper arms are HUGE).
Well gotta tackle some housework.... no idea where to start, the whole place is a tip; I have been in the garden weeding & planting, transplanting & tidying up though.
xxxxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 05-21-2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: mucho typos
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #57  

G'morning mah Peeps!

TGIF! Work has been a bear and yesterday was a bummer. I am currently in a "discussion" with a remote employee about the law we are quoting to an applicant. Bottom line: he's wrong and I'm right LOL. When I looked at my email, he replied at 2 and 4 am this morning. I'm not replying to his email (which he cc'd to our bosses and our boss's bosses). Gonna let the higher-ups deal with him.

Meanwhile, I was a little sore after my record walk. Thank you all for the kudos!

Sharon, your new avatar is so cute. I love your hair! All my life I had the straightest hair out there. As I've gotten older, it's started to get a little curl and it's always in places I don't want it to do that. LOL. The Evil One is still getting fluids. She's going 2x a week now, but can get down from her bed perch and come sit on my lap. She's still wobbley in the back legs, but the old evil thing is almost 16 yrs old. Naw, it's not disrespectful to wear stars on boots. LOL.

Yay Sameen for getting out of that suckey day mentality after exercise! I have yet to feel these endorphines after exercise, but one day I will.

Tex, yay for water drinking! Good hydration is a big step in the new healthy you.

Pink, keep trying to pick up stuff in the house... baby steps!

Tiffie, you are so right.. in the end, they have to answer to a Higher Authority about how they treat other people.

Lindy, you go girl!!! w00h00! for going to Applebee's with your son. OMG, that's 2 outings in less than a week?! How do you feel today? I am so proud of you. I swear, if I had been at graduation and heard that nasty woman, I'd have laid into her like white on rice. It still burns me up and it didn't happen to me! One of the positive things about me that I have worked hard on is to speak up when someone says something full of hate that I don't agree with instead of standing there embarrassed. I will not go around allowing people to say racist crap, discriminatory crap or nasty things about people who happen to be different than them if I am there and hear it. *puffs out chest and growls.. daring anyone to say sumthin* hehe.

Annie, keep researching for what you wanna do! To be honest, I think you'd be so great counseling women who have had WLS or are thinking about it with nutrition stuff and tips for survival after WLS.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Lindy: He is homeschooling on the computer. He has a learning disability with reading but he does do ok. He stopped going to public school because of stomach issues. We moved him from another high school where he had friends. I feel guilty but it was something we had to do. He does not like school at all. Dropping out is not an option all he wants to do is work. He will be 16 in July and can finally get a part time job.

Pink: NEVER be embarrased to get help for anything!!

Rat: LOL 102 uses for ductape!

As for me: I talked to my cousin last night that lives in Oklahoma. As kids we were more like sisters..very close. She moved out there 3 years ago and I miss her very much. She is 35 and just had her last baby. She might be driving out with her mom next week not sure. We talked about when we were kids..we laughed..we cried. She begged me to try and get back to my old self. The fun Cyn that everyone loves. I told her I am trying. I think I need a road trip to Oklahoma!!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Catherine – even though the class was canceled, can you just go to the pool and walk around in the water? Anything is better than nothing.

Sharon – great picture!

Annie – how is the job search going? Finding good news?

Lindy – Congrats!!! That is awesome!!! Your son is fabulous!!

Pink – OMG!! I would have totally freaked, too!!! $600 isn’t bad, actually! And, when I worked at a vet clinic, people would pay thousands for their pet. It is not unusual!!
As far as the depression – find someone to talk to. You may need to consider medication. I’ve been on Lexapro for years and I don’t ever plan on stopping it, if I can help it!! Depression and anxiety are very real medical problems. Get the help you need. If you broke your leg, you would go to the hospital. Your dogs pooped blood, they went to the hospital. If you are not well, go to the hospital. They can help you.
Sounds like you need to find new places to hang out!! There are loads of places to meet and make friends! Help out at a school – they always need adults to help with classrooms. Or even making copies. Volunteer at an animal shelter (can be dangerous since you may want to bring all the animals home!). See if there are any arts complexes in your area that use volunteer ushers. Those are usually a GREAT group of people and you get to see events for free.
Sorry to jump on my soapbox, but these are areas that I have had the same problems in and have discovered how many options are out there!! Good luck!!!
As far as cleaning – just start with the basics. Take a trash bag and start throwing stuff away. I need to get off of here and do some cleaning, too!!! Mine’s “just” clutter!

Okay, Pink. Just read your response about your experience with the mental health professionals. They aren't ALL like that! I promise!!! I have been seeing a therapist for about 9 years. She has helped me SOOOO much!!! I've been trying to find someone to help my daughter for years. We have yet to find one who she connects with. But, I still have hope. I have a prescription for Xanax that I am able to use on an as needed basis. I don't understand why you can't get it if you need it. Keep trying!!! You're bound to find someone who will work with you!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Friday. It is finally sunny here

Rat: Sorry that you are sore but, that is actually a good thing. I would love it if we lived closer. Can you move here? I know I won't be able to pry Joel away. lol.

Lindy: Woo hoo for going to Applebees. You are doing so well hon. Keep up the wonderful work. I know it is hard but you are so strong.

Pink: Glad that your furbabies are getting the medical attention they need. Give em a cuddle for me

Tex: Wow! I would love an Amazing Race theme. Awesome.

Sameen: Glad that you are enjoying your workout more.

Sharon: Esthetician, I may have spelled it wrong too. lol. They do things like skin care, makeup, waxing, body scrubs, eyebrow and eyelash tinting. Moose is still a pill but he is doing well. Thanks for asking

Cyn: I hope that you and your cousin can reconnect and that you can help each other.

Basket: Good morning.

Catherene: I hope you are out swimming and enjoying yourself.

For those of you who asked about the research I am doing I am finding that a nail tech position is wayyyyy more profitable right now then esthetician. You can charge more for the Esthetician services but.... with the economy the way it currently is not many are going to them compared to ladies who get their nails done and pedicures etc.

I am still not very decisive about it all because I think my heart is honestly with talking to people about getting healthy etc. I just don't have it in me to go to nutrition school. It takes years and I am just not that into it. I would love to be a weight loss support counselor too but... WW wouldn't hire me because I had Weight loss surgery. So, I thinking I will do the nail tech thing and make some money and try to get my Weight Loss journal published. Maybe then I can do the things I really want to do. Until then, I feel whatever I do, God will bring those into my life that need to be encouraged and have a friend to talk to along their journey. I do speak at my weight loss surgeon's seminars and I love doing that. It is once or twice a month. I just need to nail down what I am going to do and stick with it. I would love to take a class on reflexology to go along with the nail tech and I am researching that as well. That maybe something I can go to nursing homes etc and volunteer to do once in a while on the patients. I love elderly people and feel they are so forgotten in our society.

It is beautiful today after a freezing night of hail and frost. I never made it out yesterday to ride my bike. I cleaned my house really well then I was so tired with chest pains so I just rested. Today... that is a different story. My house is clean and I am going to go for a walk then... a bike ride. I am feeling better and stronger and wonder just how much of my physical is connected with my sad mental when it is cloudy and icky out.

I hope you all have a blessed day,
Annie
Closed Thread