Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! I visited you guys about a year and a half ago when I was on my first WL journey. I lost 80 lbs and when Christmas hit, I slacked off, became complacent, and just picked up bad habits. At this point, I have gained all but 12 pounds of it back.

I am starting again on a new foot with a buddy - my DH is finally ready to lose as well! I know that once I get into the habit of eating right again, I will feel much better. I appreciated and loved all of the comradare (sp?) and support that I found here last time so I am back again to get to know you all a little better!

Hope you are all having a good week so far!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!!!
Pink LOL!!!! @ your 'e coli' comment, my house is a dust-bunny-ranch!!! Hope you are feeling better & staying positive. Give those pups a cuddle too, a hug always helps! xxxxxxx (HUG xxx)
Annie hope you are feeling better, sometimes a quiet time alone is all you need. xxxxxxxx
Debbie, HI!!!!! FABAROO to 'see' you again! xxxxxxx
Shan, WELCOME & WTG on the 100lbs!!! xxxxxx
Basket FAB on the new bra & positive comments, they add that twinkle in youe eyes & help you stick with it.xxxxxxx
Jacquie, do like my handle, make a mannikin!!! lol Seriously though how you stayed calm I have NO IDEA!!!! You deserve a medal! xxxxxxx
I did some weeding & watering yesterday, today more of the same.... I treated myself to some Converse boots, black baseball ones with flocked strawberries on them!!! I've always wanted some but wondered if at 45 I was too old for 'fancy' boots. I LOVE them but after a walk into town my little toe has blisters..oweee, still I looked good!!! (lol at least that's what I told myself). I think I'm losing fat, my jeans are slipping down a bit, yay!!! and my bra is getting loose, boo!!!! and, so far I'm feeling good. I wish it stayed though, I always get scared of falling into a 'trough' of depression or 'something' bad happening & scuppering my diet. I KNOW I should get on with it & not let life & cr@p get in the way but I just slip as soon as sh*t happens.
Anyway gotta get more coffee before I get on with my house/garden work.
xxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 05-19-2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: typos/forgot stuff
Old 05-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

Tracy- hope you are safe and good to know you are back on your diet! good luck!

Jacquie – its great that you have taken charge!!! im sure its a great feeling!!! would love to see those doodles!!hehe

Lindy - Thank you for the wishes!!

Basket - thank you for the welcome! its great to hear that people are around you are noticing a difference!! what could be a better motivator huh? keep it up!!

i had a really tough day yesterday... the weather here was really nice so my sister decided to drop by with these really delicious traditional savories... full of oil and full of flour and potatoes.... smelled heavenly.... but i didn't even take a bite.. was dying to but i couldn't break the promise of not binging to myself... and so night comes and i decide to cook my favorite dish for everyone at home, white sauce spinach Florentine.... bad move once again... as while it was baking i was seriously contemplating the idea of breaking my diet.... but i pulled through and that just made me really happy with myself and has given me a strength that i though i didn't even have!!
i'm circulating my resume these days for a job as i shall be graduating next month.. that is also a little stressful as people around me are getting jobs left right and center :S
i also have a trip to Amsterdam planned with my friends for July... but i'm not sure whether i should go or not... i'm being so good now... i don't want it to go down due to a vacation at the very beginning of weight loss journey... i dont know.. i just feel that when you go to foreign countries you should experience their culture and foods fully... still confused... i would save a ton of money..

anyways!! hope all of you are staying strong and having a good day!

Sameen
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies...

I am really struggling with the tummy issues. again Just have to learn to deal I suppose.

Tonight 2nd game of the Suns/Lakers. Hubby is NOT a big sports fan. So he will be glad when he gets his TV/wife back lol

I watched biggest loser last night. I really felt bad for Daris because he feel into his old habits when he got home. THAT to me is how real life is! I had stopped drinking soda..and started again when we moved. I only have one a day but that is one too many. Probably another reason my tummy is acting up..DUH!!!

Dr says I need to get more dark greens in my diet.. great!

When I see the nutritionist next month..I am going to tell her I want to start eating more natural! The less "fake" stuff the better.

Voodoo: My Bra is horribley loose!!! I so need a new one. Payday I will get one.

Texscrapper: Welcome back

Last edited by azcyn; 05-19-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

So tired today. So unmotivated. But I'm gonna kick my butt all the way to the exercise bike because my weight has been up between 304-305 all week and I want that scale to MOVE! Seriously though, I cannot wait until Friday when I don't have to be up at 4:30am for work.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #36  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hey guys. Sorry I have been so crappy with replies. I am reading and appreciating them all. I am physically sick and feeling really depressed, stressing about money, and then last night I had to rush both of my girl pups to the 24 hour vet because they were pooping a TON of blood. I thought they were going to die so I got to the vet and I was shaking really hard and almost hysterical. I'm sure I looked like a whacko, but my dogs are everything to me.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #37  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm being held hostage. I was only in the hospital two days, and he's acting like I had a heart transplant or something. I want to go to the pool tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #38  

Greetings my peeps!

I did it.. I walked 2.1 miles in the Federal Fitness day.. yay me! It's a record mileage for me. I'll probably be hurting tomorrow. Feds do this fitness thingie once a year. This is the first year I've participated.

I also did fabbo yesterday with protein and low carbs, with nearly 140g of protein.

Hanging in there.

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS Jail-break time Catherine!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

oh no pink... hope they are better now.... and it does not sound wacko..i can completely understand..
Congratulations Ratkity!! thats a big achievement!! keep it up!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Pink - Totally understand. In the past when my kitty has gotten sick I've been a total wreck. Are your babygirls okay?

Rat - Holy protein, Batman! Good for you

Catherine - You should go to the pool! Swimming is heavenly! If you're under close surveillance, take a page from sitcoms and pack the bed with pillows so it looks like you're sleeping :P Lol.

Cyn - Cutting way back on the processed foods sounds like a great plan! Be sure to let us know what the revised plan is when you meet with your nutritionist, or at least how you're doing with it

Sameen - Way to go with the willpower! I'm very impressed. I can totally relate to your dilemma about whether to take the trip or avoid the tempations... wish I had better advice to give you, but in my mind it boils down to what you value as an experience. I'd probably go, and just try to limit my indulgences food/drink-wise but try to get in as many sightseeing, photo op, once in a lifetime moments.

------------------------

Me, I didn't do so well earlier with the exercise. I plugged away for 20 minutes on my bike and gave up. I am exhausted. So I did what I could, but that was all I could do. Today was day 9 of a 10 day stretch of work... I cannot WAIT until Friday to just spend time with myself. Not serving people coffee. Not meeting this person for lunch, or going shopping with this person. I love my friends, and my job, but I need a break. Scale is still hovering... grr... but at least it's not a major gain. I'm kicking my butt into gear when it comes to eating and making sure I plan what I eat, getting more exercise, and making more time for myself because when I don't I tend to want to "indulge" myself more.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Rat – I had veneers put on my two front teeth and, yes, it is really weird to have that surface change. I kept getting my lip caught on them! Enjoy, though! Glad it didn’t hurt. Good job on the walk! I love that the fitness is once a year. Maybe THAT’s what’s wrong with our society!

Cyn – don’t go, if you don’t want to!! Just be honest. And stay home and drink water! ☺ And, Justmysize.com has a lot of bras on sale.

Jacquie – good redirection of emotions!

Pink – I should be cleaning, too. I have family and friends coming over on Sunday. My house is a wreck. And, my kids just step over it. Oh, well. One step at a time! How are the puppies?? What happened at the vets? I totally understand! Animals are part of the family.

Texscrapper – welcome back! I bet having your hubby with you on this journey will help a lot!

Voodoo – Good for you on the boots!! They sound cute! Stay strong!

Sameen – Good for you on staying strong!! Those are the moments that add up to success!! Don’t know what to tell you on the vacation. Are you able to just try little bits of things? I know that before surgery I never could have. But, it’s Amsterdam!!! Do what is right for you. Good luck with the job search!

Neon – you can do it!!! You can go back to being unmotivated AFTER the exercise bike! At least you gave up after the 20 minutes. Something is better than nothing. And, if you push too hard when you are drained, you can make yourself sick. Don’t want that!!

Catherine – you can do it! Go to the pool!

I had a GREAT day!! My bariatric program includes a 12 week membership at the Heart Health Center. I had my first orientation today. They give us 5 1-hour sessions with a trainer and I am able to go as many additional times as I like. And there are awesome classes. My initial goal is getting there three times a week. Then I will move up to more times.

So, over the next 12 weeks, I have to figure out what I'm going to do as my exercise program long-term. There are many options, of course. But, the Y is expensive; I never feel like I fit in at the usual gyms; if I try to do it on my own, will I really be successful? You know! But, that will wait for now. I will try out all that the Center has to offer and see what really helps me stick with it. And go from there!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #42  
742,000 calories burned

I'm not allowed to go by myself yet, and himself is having lunch with the mayor tomorrow. The Friday class was canceled because of recession budget cuts. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Just put some pics up of new hair colour on pics page.
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Love the color Sharon!

Catherine: bummers on the clas being cancelled. Reminds me I gotta look at our pool schedule. My brother has a pool where he lives but I am not sure how they would feel about me going every night to swim.

Watched the Suns game last night They don't play again til Sunday so I am going to walk the rest of the week when I get home.

Home schooling is not going so well with our youngest. So I think I will put him in a charter school in the fall.

I had the worst stomach ache last night. I don't know what is going on.

QUESTION: Since I may or may not have acid reflux/GERD....BUT I am taking Previcid..Do yall know or think If I lose weight and eat healthy will it go away????????? Or will I always have it?

Last edited by azcyn; 05-20-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #45  
742,000 calories burned

Sharon your new picture is outstanding.
Closed Thread