Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #262

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Wow - no thread at almost 7pm.

Hope everyone is doing well - had a short workout tonight - didn't do my cardio. It's a rainy, cool day and really just wanted to huddle in - glad I made it to the gym albeit short.

Think it's time for a grilled cheese and some soup - isn't it spring?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was busy and fun. Today it was back to work. I've started doing Cardio-Kick boxing on Monday's during my lunch break. It's a great workout. My 4yo now has tee-ball on Monday's so I lost my evening gym time. We are struggling to get him to participate, but I think he'll love it when he gives it a chance.

Food is still a bit questionable for me. Sad to say. I've been off and on steroids for the past month or so and that's just causing chaos with my body. That's why I'm up this late and doing my best not to eat everything in the kitchen.

My doctors can't seem to figure out why I'm having these skin/scalp flare ups. My dermatologist just gives me creams and shampoos that don't work. My allergist basically says I have sensitive skin, my endocrinologist says it's allergies. I've been to two general docs lately and one says allergies and one says eczema. All the stuff I read says you don't develop eczema as an adult so I'm inclined to think it's allergies, just can't figure out what it is. I guess my next step is to push my allergist a little bit. Anyone have any ideas? I did have a full allergy workup done last year and reacted to no foods at all. I already use all fragrance free, sensitive skin stuff.

One month from today I'll be turning 40! I'm not where I hoped to be at this point in my weight loss journey, however I'm also thrilled to be where I am!!! I'm floating around a 100 pound loss right now. Just yo-yoing around. I'll never give up! I'll get there!!!

So, enough late night rambling from me. How's everyone else doing???

Later Gals!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Went to the dr yesterday with a sinus infection and throat infection. Seems the throat infection is viral and will take up to a week to clear up the sores on my throat.NO FUN!!
My dr was thrilled with the 11lbs I have lost since april 5th. She even said dont lose to fast...

Winds are so bad this morning that I wont be walking this morning but i will try and do something inside today.
Food is going great...just trying to focus on making healthy choices.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I never really got here yesterday. Work is really too busy and will be for a couple of weeks. Wish me luck.

Hope everyone gets their health issues worked out!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!!

Here I am....up way too late again. Thank you Prednisone. My house is getting clean and organized during my sleepless nights.

Had a good workout with my trainer this afternoon. The guy I've been working out with for the past several months throws some great stuff at me that I'd never come up with on my own. Today we got out the boxing gloves for the first time. Fun!!!

Food was pretty good...although I'm sitting here starving at 12:40 am....so tempting!

DG - Way to go!

How's everyone else? It's so quiet here! Come out, come out...wherever you are!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #7  

I had another great day yesterday and I am finally feeling some better. I enjoyed the kids I keep and we are learning our letters.Its so much fun to watch them learn. THe mind is so open and amazing at age 4.

I am so excited that all my seeds have came up in the garden. Now if I can just keep the birds out.
Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Judy- are you lurking??
geo-come out and talk to us...
teri-?
I miss you all!!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm here, barely. I'm stressing about a retirement offer and when I'm really stressed I don't eat. I sleep. Anyway I got home from work and sat on the bed for a few minutes before I changed for WW. The next thing I knew I was waking up and it was too late to get to w/i. Oops! It hasn't been the best week but I go to meetings anyway. It helps me to face my food demons and put them in their place.

Deb, Barb, Heather glad you're all doing well.

I think I may just go back to bed.

Sleepily,
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #9  

judy- HUGS!!

I had another great day.I am feeling so much better! I noticed that I have been alot healthier overall since I started my new lifestyle. I use to spend most of the winter on antibotics for my sinuses. I go months now without to much problem.
TIme to work in the garden and get the weeds out today. Im counting the time using the hoe as exercise!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #10  

Debbie -- I'm healthier too! I commented to hubby recently that I don't seem to get sick very often anymore!

I will be scarce this coming week -- it's a crazy one -- so if you're reading this on Monday and no one has started a new thread, feel free to do it yourself!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #11  

OKay, let's try for another week!
Closed Thread