Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM   #1  

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1260

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:50 AM   #2  

Happy Monday! (Bleh.hehe)

I'm doing a drive-by as I've over-slept and I have to get blood drawn to monitor my vitamin levels.

Back later!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I am planning on doing a 5km walkathon in just under 3 weeks. A spur of the moment decision. So a friend and I went for a walk today, a bit daunted by how hard 5km would be. But we did 6km worth in an hour, so I think I'll be okay for the walkathon. Yay! Bit knackered now though...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Yay! I lost 4 pounds last week! (my first week) Which is shocking because I fell of the wagon ALL weekend LOL I guess eating 100% healthy 4 out of 7 days is better than eating 0% healthy for 7 days like I had been lol

Hoping I can stick with it for the full week this time!!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #5  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone!

Havn't been around much in the last few months. Been at the gym every morning monday - Fri Not there today as I am waiting on the plumber to fix the kitchen pipes and be gone!

Praying you are all well and hope to get here to visit more often.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Happy Monday everybody.

The scale is still hovering at 308lbs.

I decided to write down what I was going to eat in advance, so I could get an idea of my calories and carbs and all of that. I am going to start doing that as much as possible, as I think it helps to keep things easier for me, sort of like committing my food and committing to stay on track with what I eat.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newself09 View Post
I guess eating 100% healthy 4 out of 7 days is better than eating 0% healthy for 7 days
It's so true! And then it becomes 5/7 days... and 6/7... and finally it's all the time At least that's where I'm aiming. Good for you

Rat - Good luck with the blood draw!

Sairz - That's awesome, I'm sure you'll do great at your walkathon! What's it for?

Julia - Way to go with the daily gym visits! And glad to have you arond

Million - It'll move. I have faith.

I had a horrible shift just now at work... started at 5am (this is the good part, I love my early shifts), but am now tired, have sore feet, our stupid new assistant store manager yelled at me for not GRINNING while I made a million drinks (hard to take her seriously when she can barely do the job herself), and my thighs rubbed together too much so now they're horrible and sore.

<--- This is how I feel.

However, I looked forward to coming home, having a hot shower, and talking to you fine folks... so maybe the day will get better from here out... I hope.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Hi neon. there is a great anit-chaffing gel in the feminine care aisle at your local target or walmart. It is really great---I used it when i would wear skirts, and it does help to cut down on that whole rubbed raw kind of effect that can happen during high temperatures.

((hugs)). I am hopeful the scale will move as well.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #9  

Greetings again Dear Monday Peeps!

Annie, it's so good to see your typeface (hehe). Yay for working on clearance for a panectomy! I get rashes under my apron thingie. I hate that.

Julia, da gym? Go girl!

Hugs neon! Get some of that stuff that million mentioned. You don't deserve to suffer.

Hey news, yay for a first week success!

Sairz - cool about the walkathon. I signed up for a 3x per week ramp up walk for our work fitness day. Of course it's raining today.. bleh.

Well, waiting for my blood draw took forever (as per usual for Labcorp). I have to get about 13 tubs of blood (if not more) drawn. I had to be stuck twice cuz my vein started slowing up. Now, keep in mind I'm a scientist and have drawn blood from nearly every mammal and domestic birds.... I got woosey watching the guy draw blood on me. This is the 2nd time this has happened, so I can't blame not eating (it was a fasting test) on it. Very embarrassing for a scientist to get light-headed and faint at the sight of her own blood. Geeeeeeesh. lololol. Funny and embarrassing at the same time. I made him stop drawing for a bit, drank some water and promised not to watch as he did the second draw. I did much better then.

On a good note, the technician flirted shamelessly with me and made my day!

Hugs,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 04-26-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Lol, oh Rat. I can imagine how amusing that situation would've been, getting all lightheaded over having blood drawn. For me it's always a nightmare because I have horrendously deep veins... rarely get even a single vial without being stuck at least 3 or 4 times.

And how is it possible that I have not heard of this anti chaffing gel?! The best I've come up with in the past has been deodorant for sweaty hot days, or baby powder the rest of the time. I'm hitting up Shoppers Drug Mart later, and if I don't have luck there it'll be Wal-Mart this week! It's a constant agony for me, and I am beyond sick of it! Thanks so much for the tips.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Sunny Monday everyone!

Rat: Glad that you survived the blood draw. (whistling loudly) about the flirting! I used to hate, HATE getting blood tests when I was over 250 pounds. My veins were so hard to draw from and they would roll etc. Now, it is easy breezey for me and I don't mind at all. Well, It isn't one of my favorite things to do but... not nearly as bad as it used to be. I used to get all fainty too. Although I am not a medical gal like you.

Sairz: Great job walking. You have inspired me to not skip today. After I post and flit around here on 3fc I will go for my walk! Thanks for sharing with us.

LadyC: Congrats on the -4!!! Way to go. Woo hoo.

Julia: Hi doll. How are you? I hope you are in a sunny area today cause it is a day that surely the Lord Made! Love and prayers.

Million: I have to tell you when I know what foods I will be eating before hand I don't stray. I hope it works well for you. Great idea.

Neon: Hugs. Sorry that work was such a pill for you. Hope the rest of your day is much, much better.

Okay. I slept in "BIG TIME" today. I guess I was tired. lol. TOM usually does that to me. So, I got up and checked on line our banking to see if our state tax refund check was in there yet and noticed that when I made my truck payment they took 2 of them out instead of one. So... I was on the phone with Capital One for about an hour didn't get any help from them. Called our bank and they said to come down and sign a paper saying it was not authorized to take 2 payments out. Looked at the clock and realized I had a dentist appt. in 1/2 hour and was still sitting there in my jammies. I don't think I have ever gotten ready so fast before. lol. I jumped in the shower with my hair in a ponytail. Got some makeup on and did a little something to my hair. I made it to the dentist with 2 minutes to spare. Unfortunately, I forgot to take all of my many heart meds before leaving so, I didn't get to take my normal heart meds until about noon. Oh well, all is well now. Orthodontist said I am doing wonderful (braces off a couple of years ago) and teeth look great. I don't need to see him again for 9 more months!!!

I stuck to my program all weekend long. I started it on Saturday and woke up this morning to see that I am down 3.5 pounds. Must have been TOM. I will take it though. I am on a mission to get my body back to where it was before my heart attack and then down to finish my journey.

Okay, I guess I've blabbed enough. I hope that you all have wonderful, safe days. If you are in the tornado zones: Carol I know you are and Debi. Please stay safe.

Hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 04-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #12  

The inside of my house looks like a tornado zone, does that count? LOL

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #13  

Neonwildflower &Dogpal: Thanks! I'm pretty proud of me for doing this. It's the RSPCA 4 Paws walkathon, so it's for the RSPCA and there will be dogs EVERYWHERE. I am a massive dog lover so it should be really fun.
VOLUNTARILY doing a walkathon is a huge deal for me. In high school we used to do 3km "fun runs" which I dreaded, and got out of any way I could.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #14  

LadyC - that's so great about the 4 pound loss, even though you "fell off the wagon" I think it just shows that you can still lose weight AND enjoy treats. That sounds sustainable.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #15  

When I first posted on here yesterday, it looked like it just had 2 posts by Ratkitty and that was it (I looked at it from New Posts) and I just jumped right in with my news. I didn't realise it was such an active (and supportive!) thread.

So, hi everyone! I'm Sairz, wassup. I turned 26 a week ago and decided enough is enough. I gave myself the deadline of a year to lose 35kg, I'm going to try and do it slow and steady, and I'm starting with boosting my activity levels. Since returning 2 months ago from 8 months overseas, I have been a bit of a sloth. So that's changing. I'm sort of working on the food as well, but will focus more on it a bit later. One thing at a time.

Reading your posts yesterday, how much weight you have all lost, and are trying to lose (like me - 35kg is my FIRST goal) you are so inspiring. You may not have reached YOUR goal, but I hope you all look at your tickers, see yourselves in the mirror and see how amazingly far you have come. And are proud. I am in awe of you.

I just wanted to share that.
Closed Thread