Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #31  

Greetings mah Peeps!

Oh dear, poor neon. Put a favorite blankie in the drier, run it around for a few minutes on hot and then take it out and wrap it around you. That'll be a hug from me. Soup and more soup! Just like everyone has said. Hope you are feeling better today.

Sharon, I've been sending healing thoughts to your dad. Hope you are coping ok.

Newself, so happy to help with stark mental images. BTW, I've been banned at the family supper gatherings from talking about science to my nephew because of some of my descriptions. It's become a family joke lol.

Catherine, ooooooooo, the irritation has nothing to do with calories or food. One of those odd marriage thingies single peeps don't understand.

Whoa Annie, 2 miles in da rain?!?! Isn't that almost the same as swimming? hehe. I'm doing better with protein and made it to 131g yesterday.

GGG, like I told Annie, I made it to 131g of protein yesterday! I found a new protein supplement called Tera's whey (www.teraswhey.com). I tried the chocolate, it's ok; nothing to write home about. The vanilla tastes just like a milkshake when made with half n half, so I'm going to get more of that. I tried the blueberry last night and it would be good in my yoplait smoothie drink. At Costco, there is this bag of smoothie mix with a little yogurt and lots of berries by yoplait that isn't bad at all. Just got to remember that one small bag is 2 servings. They had sample packages of Tera's Whey at my local organic market and that's where I finally tried them. I've been putting Unjury unflavored into my yoplait smoothies, but if I don't want the extra carbs from the berries, I wanted something different that I could put in cream or milk (heavy cream has less carbs than milk and I don't absorb but 20% of the fat I ingest because of surgery).

BTW, Bikerchick was hanging out of the car window yesterday on the way home from work yelling "squirrel! squirrel!" and pointing furiously at the rodents with fuzzy tails. She needs to get out before she totally loses it!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #32  

Oh! I forgot to tell Annie how gorgeous your new avatar is!!! Great pict!

I have been walking at lunch around the parking lot (did 3x last week). Prolly only a quarter mile. Today I walked around it TWICE! yay! Sneezing cuz of the pollen, but otherwise unscathed. AND, I found 2 pennies. Always fun to find money.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the love ladies. I am feeling MUCH better today, less sorry for myself and in a lot less pain. It often surprises me how hard it is being a grown up and on my own!!! The worst thing is definitely all the soup. I eat to EAT, not to drink chunky beverages! Lol. But I'm resigning myself to my fate, and reminding myself that I'll only need to do it for a while, it will end eventually, and then I will crunch on carrots and broccoli and veggie chips and all sorts of chewy, crunchy, healthy food! Hehe. Oh, and just an update from the other day when work was getting me down.. my boss called me, we chatted about what the issues were, and I went back in today with a clean slate and a positive attitude, and THIS time our new assistant manager treated me with all the respect and courtesy that I offer her. It was really a good day. Sorry I can't get to personal responses right now, but I promise to be less self-centred soon! :P
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Wednesday all,

Rain, rain go away.... I wanna walk in dry weather for a while. lol.

Tracy: Hi there Sounds like you have a great plan.

Rat: Yippee for the 131 protein. I have been getting way more protein in since I really started writing everything down. Great job walking at breaks too. You are too sweet for the thoughts on my avatar photo. Thank you. I think that is one of my most favorite photos because I had just bought those pants and they are a size 14!!! From a 6X + to a size 14. I am feelin happy bout that.

Well been at the hospital since 5 a.m. and came home to have some lunch and to check on my furbabies before heading back down there. My friend just had Weight loss surgery this morning. She doesn't have any family near here so I don't want her to be alone.

Hope you are all moving your booties, drinking your water and staying op.

Hugs and Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #35  

Neon: happy that your day is better today and less pain. Hugs. Guess what I'm eating right now.... yep. soup. lol.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Morning Ladies, am feeling good this morning. I may or may not be around this weekend or next week, the puppy is having surgery tomorrow and then next week I have been summoned for Jury Duty, But I will find out on Sunday if I have to go in. I hope I don't have to.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #37  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Greetings mah Peeps!
BTW, Bikerchick was hanging out of the car window yesterday on the way home from work yelling "squirrel! squirrel!" and pointing furiously at the rodents with fuzzy tails. She needs to get out before she totally loses it!

Have you seen the movie UP? This quote actually made me laugh out loud since I have probably seen that movie too many time. If you haven't seen it a.) it is super cute and b.) let's just say the "squirrel" thing is pretty hilarious in the movie.

My little man woke up singing this morning which we could hear through the monitor... what a great way to wakeup. He has such a sweet little voice even if he is just singing jibberish to the tune of several of the Yo Gabba Gabba songs (I envy the people who have no idea what I am talking about here).
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #38  

Tracy: Hope your puppy gets well quickly. Puppy hugs to him/her. If you are away we will miss you. Hugs.

Amy: I don't know Yabba Gabba but... waking up to a singing baby sounds heavenly! I have no children and that just sounds so lovely.

I ate very poorly yesterday. Well, I did fine until the evening. It seems that when I am super tired I am super stupid with choices. Like I don't think about the the effects etc. Today is a new day. I slept until 9:00 a.m and will start fresh again!

I may be a bit scarce too as I am bringing someone home from the hospital to recoup at my house. I will be back as I can.

Blessings and hugs,
Annie
Old 04-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #39  

Hiya Peeps!

Yup Amy, saw "Up". Cute cute movie. Prior to that movie, BikerChick saw hundreds of squirrels on her bike route and was convinced they were out to get her and dislodge her from her bicycle. She would always see them cross in front of her when she was going fastest down a hill. Never failed!! So she was convinced there was a Great Squirrel Conspiracy to make her fall off her bicycle.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 04-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Helloooooo ladies.

I'm struggling with foods, but pumping myself up for a smoothie/juice feast experiment. I'm trying to get juice back into my diet, so I'm doing a modified version of what I did to jump start things in 2008. I feel like I should be HERE, but I'm THERE and that is upsetting me a bit. So, I have to come to terms with the fact that I've struggled for a year and a half, sorting this out, then this, then this...living in a very negative and destructive environment. I mean have this girl in here that wants to get out and be independent. Move on from some things...I'm just not ready to yet. My relationship, or lack there of, is really rocky at times. He is a little bit abusive verbally and emotionally at times. Though because he has Asperger's it is mostly that I think. The only thing is, it has been like 12 years and I feel like I've been in purgatory this whole time. I want to move on from things or at least just get to the point where I can move out for a bit and just see what life is like on my own. I love the guy, but it isn't enough. I have needs and they haven't been met for years and years.

So, all of this, I feel, has made my life a struggle and with me being the emotional eater and unable to handle things in a constructive way, I struggle with weight regain or no loss. I also think I'm very scared of change, but then again who isn't!!

So, I'm jumping in again...diving in to a big splash of green juice. :P Well I want to add it in, it is very good for me. I'm doing a smoothie, juice, cold summer soups kind of a thing. Last time I sort of lost 30 pounds in 25 days, gained back about 8 when I started eating. Since I'm not doing that this time around I expect any weight loss to not be so drastic. I think that is best. I would LOVE to get down to 260 at the end of may, which is a lot, but I figure my body will dump a lot of junk in the beginning then slow down. We'll see! I just need to focus on getting back into the swing of things.

My goal..June = size 22 jeans! YAY!

*HUGS* I hope everyone is well!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #41  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Jacquie - Nothing to add, but hugs to you... sounds rough. Not having been in your situation, I will not give ignorent advice, but remember there are a lot of shoulders to cry on here. Get as much of the stress and frustration out as you can in the most productive ways possible (maybe run it away at the end of the day)... I hear that exercise can greatly effect your feeling of wellbeing and my husband who is a chronic depressive has noticed HUGE differences since he has become active on a daily basis. Stick to your plan and we all hope to hear you are in those 22s come June!

My scale is having mood swings this week and quite frankly on a trip to crazytown and desperately trying to drag me with it. One day it will be down 3# the next up 4, down 2, up 1, down 3... you get the picture. I am exercising at least every other day, but there seems to be no correlation. I have been on plan consistently for MONTHS now... but alas... my scale plays games with me. I just keep on keeping on and I know that eventually things will go my way and my scale will exercise the demon that has been possessing it.

Another little observation... as we lose weight our bodies (at least mine and I am assuming others have this problem as well) don't exactly know what to do. I am wrapping my brain around the fact that I will be odd shaped till I get past a certain point. For now my body seems to only want to drop inches in my upper body (and very little in the lower) so my already pear shaped figure, is getting more and more pronounced. SIGH. I am just hoping that eventually the bottom catches up with the top and I will stop looking like a weeble wobble. On a good note. I was having a really really rough time last night getting going on the elliptical (maybe it was because I was waiting on my next disk of Buffy the Vampire slayer who has become my workout buddy... so i had to workout with someone new *GASP*) I was achey at 2 minutes in (SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!) but I pushed through and did 45 minutes against my body's protests going a total of 5.25 miles. I am starting to get curious on how I owuld do running... the elliptical is way easier on my joints so I have just stuck with that, but I am doing nearly a 10K 3 -4 nights a week on it, so I feel I should be able to to do a 5K on foot... maybe I will give it a go this weekend (provided I have time during daylight hours, I dont feel safe running at night in my neighborhood).

Hope everyone is having a great day and I think I am going to cut out of work early and go see a movie (how to train your dragon... I am still a kid at heart).

dogpal - Yo Gabba Gabba is basically muppets on crack that sing and dance for nearly 20 minutes straight. The toddler loves it, but my brains leak out my ears if I have to suffer through more then 1 episode a day.

Last edited by AmyMW; 04-30-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #42  
Dinkachu

S/C/G: 497/455/150

Height: 5'2 "

Hi, I'm brand new to this page. I see that most of the folks here are in the low 300's. At nearly 500 pounds I feel like they cannot relate to how 500 pounds feels and the challenges that come with it. At 300 pounds I was still able to participate in life. DId you really start at 500 pounds? Did you have to have surgery to lose all that weight? (If this is none of my business, I appologise) I am just grasping at the straw of hope that maybe I can get out of this bed and house again. Docs said no surgery - too dangerous.
Thanks - Lindy (Dinkachu)
Old 05-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lindy, I've been hovering around 280-250 for YEARS but I know there are at least two ladies on here have lost significant weight (200+) through EITHER diet OR surgery. There is hope, log your food, check online for bed-based exercises or ask your Dr. I'm sure someone else with more experience will post more personal advice but I'm just letting you know that we will ALL support you on here whether it's 100 or 400lbs you want to lose.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sharon
Old 05-01-2010, 08:52 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Lindy welcome to the family, in here it doesn't matter all that matters is that you took that step to come here that showed real bravery and the kick in the butt to get you started, It won't be easy and there will be days you will get frustrated trust me been there. My highest weight was 345 before joining the group. Just remember we all have the same goal and we are all here to vent , to cry, to laugh and to listen together.

Annie hon I am doing great. Down a pound and my waist is smaller.

Good news puppy is doing well and I don't have jury duty. !!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Amy - *HUGS* You've made a good point about the exercise and I think that is something I HAVE to do because I DO feel better when I'm moving and active! I do cope with depression, have been since November, but I keep dipping back into it. I think getting moving will greatly improve things for me and though not my situation, it will improve how I view my situation. TY

Lindy - WELCOME! There is always hope and it looks like you're already on your way! Even though I wasn't 500 pounds, I still had a lot of challenges myself at 340+. I was actually in bed most through 2006 because of a bad full body reaction that my weight totally made worse. Being in bed and unable to do things was horrible and though it isn't the same as your situation, believe me that all of us have had so many challenges to overcome. People with joint issues, movement issues, surgery issues, etc... We totally understand and Vodoo and Tracy are right! You're totally welcome here and can vent, cry, laugh, everything with us.

Right now I'm stuck between 260 and 280, much like Vodoo just sort of going back and forth. Trying to change that as my challenge is to overcome my emotional dependency on food. Anyhow, WELCOME!

Going to the store later today to get VEGGIES and FRUITS. Muahahahaha...I shall then force those VEGGIES and FRUITS in a juicer or a blender and laugh like a mad scientist. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ack! Green juices! I'm gonna do it! I'M GONNA DO IT! lol... I read that if you have a bit of a "gag reflex problem" which I do with the green stuff as my body like KNOWS what it will taste like, then you should do quick shots of it until you train yourself. So, I'm gonna try that. I doubt I'll "love it" ever, but I would love to get green juices into my diet on a regular basis. I feel that is very good for me. Smoothies are no big deal..LOVE THEM.

*HUGS*
Closed Thread