Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #76  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I am happy that I was within .6 of what I wanted to be by my birthday. I was hoping to be out of the 280s by today, but I am 280.6... which is great.

Last edited by AmyMW; 05-01-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #77  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

[FONT="Arial Black"]Happy Happy Birthday and congrats on your goal!!!!!!:da nce:[/FONT

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-01-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #78  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey ladies, I got in 30 minutes on my Wii tonight, just dancing myself silly.

Faith, I thought I would try that All Star Cheer Squad 2, not happening darling at least not yet, to advanced for me. My daughter gladly took it off of my hands until I am ready for it. LOL Happy to start off the month in the positive with minutes for the exercise thread.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #79  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!!

Had a fairly eventful day but I am worn out!! My feet haven't hurt this bad in a while!

Please do try the brownie dessert, you won't be sorry

GGG - As far as the detox goes, I have a little pamphlet here that I got from the place that does them. What they do is fill a tub with water and put what looks like a metal box (I didn't look at it very close) in the center of the tub. You put your feet on either side and soak for 30 minutes. It says that as your feet soak, your body will undergo an amazing cleanse of years worth of stored toxins. It also says that it should be done no more than 2-3 times a week! The water started changing after having my feet in for only a few minutes and by the time it was finished, there was stuff floating in the water and it had turned a very deep dark shade of red which according to the pamphlet indicates different things. I did notice a difference in how I felt afterward. She told me that I would feel lighter and I did. The only thing was, and it may just be a reaction to all the pollen we have had, the next day my nose started stopping up and I have had a strange cough for a few days. That made me think that it may have had something to do with the detox because of the lady telling me that there was signs of toxins from my sinuses in the water. I would also recommend doing it when you have nothing to do the next day because that was the other thing. The day after I did it, I felt like poo the next day but then again that could have just been a pollen thing and TOM trying to intrude where he wasn't wanted! Everybody is different but I am definitely going back next week! If nothing else, for the massage You can google Foot Spa Detox Foot Bath and there will probably be a lot of negative things said about it but in all honesty, I would rather try something natural than to go to a doctor only to be pumped full of drugs that have a blue million side effects. There was also some positive things said so you really have to make up your own mind! Like I said, I am definitely going back next week. I will let you know then if it has the same effect or if it was just me

I hope you gals have a lovely rest of the weekend! I'm about ready for bed!!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #80  

Happy Sunday Everyone,
WOW!!! What a hot day it was yesterday. My AC ran almost constant all day. It was 93 here yesterday and today they are calling for the same.

thinmint- The detox sounds amazing. I am constantly bothered by sinus infections, so I can imagine what would show up in that tub of water. Yuck!!!
I'll be interested to hear how your next session goes and if you have the same reaction. Hope your feet feel better today.

Ags- I saw on the national news that this crazy lady in VA. couldn't stop dancing. Every where she went she danced her way there instead of walking. The local Costco's manager reported that sales were up due to one of his employee's Happy Feet. People all over town were cheering her on as she danced her way through town. LOL!!! You go girl!!!

Amy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Tracy- The tortilla recipe was wonderful. Thank you so much, it's a keeper. Got my chips and salsa fix yesterday.

gggirls- OMG! Alaska, you lucky thing you. I would endure the 4000 (even more for me) mile trip to see Alaska. Take me with you! Take pictures!

As for me, I was POP yesterday. Even got my first day of May's exercise off and kicking. Set my goal a little higher, but not much. I'll really increase it when my pool opens up.

That's all folks, I hope everyone has a great sunday. Make it POP!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #81  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Wonderful Sunday Morning to you all,

Learn, you have just made my day. I have such a super charged attitude today and you have totally just added to that big time. I loved the story and to think that you took the time to make a story just for me has filled my heart with such joy. OMG!!! I love the cat, yeah that is me. I tried the Zumba DVD at least one of them and this is going to be fantastic and so much fun. That you for keeping me inspired with the story. you have created even more motivation that you can imagine. Thanks neighbor!!! I ain't got nothing but love for ya baby.

I know that Amy will love her Birthday Wish from you, where do you find all of this great stuff????

I followed your lead and got a great start for my exercise minutes for the month. You will really be rolling once that pool of yours opens. Get it girl!!!

Bo and Hottie, where in the heck are you ladies?? Fun, NonaB, Sara, Thighs, Big Mike, dNathan, Bite, Shia, Mainah, and all the rest of you, miss you terribly and I am sending hugs, love and smooches your way. I pray all is well and you all are truly being blessed.

Well about to get a little dancing in before leaving for the grocery story. Making a pot of Lentil soup today and cerviche for lunch tomorrow and get my stuff ready for my fish taco's and tomatillo sauce for one of this week's dinner. I do love variety cause it surely is the spice of life. Thin gonna make your dessert this week too and hey a rhubarb strawberry crisp. This is the start of an outstanding week, let's make the most of every single minute.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ag
s

Last edited by colormerd47; 05-02-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #82  
On My Way

THank you all for the birthday wishes!!!! I went dancing last night at one of my friends bachelorette party. Club hopping till 1am... walking around and dancing in heels almost killed my feet, but I feel I can count at least part of the night as exercise. I didn't imbibe too much (I will admit to some, but the scale was kind to me this morning and stayed the same). My whole family came out today and I made a nice healthy meal for all, and my wonderful mother made me a healthy birthday cake (a recipe she got out of the hungry girl book... essentially you take a chocolate cake mix and replace the oil and eggs with 1 can of unseasoned pumpkin.... moist delicious low cal and I got a serving of veggies in while eating cake AWESOME!!!!!!)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #83  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Amy - That recipe is the greatest. It's the same one that I use for the brownie dessert that I listed earlier! Who knew pumpkin could do so much!! Happy Belated Birthday btw!! Sounds like you had a great one!!

Ags - your enthusiasm is just awesome!! I luv it! Gotta put a little extra effort in this week since we have weigh in Friday! I haven't fell off the wagon or anything but every little bit helps!

I hope you all have a very blessed week!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #84  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Amy glad you had such a great Birthday and danced danced danced. I cannot do the heels anymore, I gave up on them years ago or maybe they gave up on me, not sure of which. And I was the shoe Queen, the prettiest legs and prettiest shoes in town. Those were the days. Enjoy yours while you got em' babe. That healthy cake sounds great, your Mom rocks!!! Now get it you young thing.

Stella, You will do fabulous at your WI, I just feel it in my bones. It is weird for me, I have shaking things up and moving like 90 going west and the ding dang scale said I have gained. I gonna get a hammer and beat that darn thing senseless. Just kidding, as long as I know I am doing what I am supposed to be, I am cool. Alright now Stella, keep your groove thing Missy. Oh yeah, I am making your brownie dish.

My Lentil soup turned out good, but I think next time I will let it simmer longer than the recipe said, they could have been a little more tender for me, and I will not use as much olive oil as the recipe called for to saute the veggies in. The broth is out of sight and I made sure I used no salt chicken stock. Gotta watch out for that blood pressure and the water retention. All in all, it was good, just needs my tweaking, sorry Barefoot Contessa.

Well see all of you scooters tomorrow,
Until tomorrow, parting is such sweet sorrow,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 AM   #85  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

just thought I'd pop in! i know it's been ages I work so darn much and I'm facebook so darn much I forget all my other favorite sites to visit! i love you all the same!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:55 AM   #86  

Morning everyone,
Yesterday was such a pleasant day, although hot (in the 90's again). I totally threw caution to the wind and sat under a shade tree and relaxed outside for over an hour. I got my puppy's kiddie pool out for her to play in and brought my chair up next to the pool and cooled my tootsies. My puppy loves her pool. She will lay flat out on her side and prop her head up on the side of the pool and fall asleep. This all sounds wonderful, doesn't it? Well apparently between the giant blooming Honeysuckle that climbs up the tree I was sitting under and the pollen from the trees I was sitting under, I did my allergies in. My face is so swollen and my eyes are barely open. Ah, I love nature!

maria- So glad you popped in to visit. Look forward to seeing you and Sergio in september.

Stella- I know you'll have a great weigh in on friday. How do I know, you ask? Because I can feel it in Ag's bones. Ag's and I are unidentical twins, who were separated at birth unknowingly and found each other some 50+ years later. LOL!!! Have a great day.

Amy- Sounds like you had a great birthday. I'm with Ag's, I gave up the heels long ago. The cake sounds delish!

Ag's- So glad you enjoyed my story. I get the cute stuff on photobucket.com
Just keep the dance hall open sweetheart.

As for me, I was POP, but as I mentioned above, I am swollen. I usually limit my outside time to the mornings before the winds start blowing. Guess I learned my lesson.

I hope everyone has a great day. Keep it POPPIN"

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 05-03-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #87  

My posistive is that I only have a wet basement.So many within a few hours of us have lost homes and cars due to flooding. We were so lucky, the worst of the storms went south. Its hard to even think of tn getting 22 inches of rain.
Scales are stuck at the same weight as last week. I am happy to report a loss of 4.5lbs in april.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #88  
On My Way

Learn... My allergies are about killing me right now... and my poor baby is so congested he is snoring like a freight train at night but he is too young to take any decongestents.

I have two big wins for today... the scale win... I lost 4 lbs last week. And the NSV I was able to put my wedding band back on after 2 years of it being too tight (I was still wearing my engagement ring which was a little bigger then the band, but now they both fit... YEA!!!!!!!!)

By the way.... I have been the only one posting in the weekly weigh in thread for a couple of weeks now, where is everyone?!?!?!?!?!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #89  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope everyone had a funfilled, relaxing weekend!

Learn - OH NO!! You just cleaned the deck..dang it!! and Pollen YUCK...Way to stay POP! You are always sooo good about that!!

Ags - It makes me smile every time I read about your dancing! Im so glad you are enjoying it! keep up the good work darlin

My weekend was busy but fabulous My son had bowling Saturday morning then a tournament Sunday morning..He finished 4th in his division, he bowled 148 pins over his average..I am so proud! then Sunday afternoon we worked on the front yard (I have the blister to prove it) I used my little dandelion digger and it made a HUGE blister on my thumb teach me not to wear gloves! lol. but the front yard looks beautiful! My eating wasn't great but I definitely worked some of it off in the yard. My positive for today: even though its Monday work went smoothly, the kids weren't annoying (sometimes they can drive a person crazy) and my son gets home from school in a few hours! I love when he comes home! not sure if Im going to play tennis today..its a bit windy

Old 05-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Ags the fur baby is doing well.I had a bit of a rough night last night. My depression took over and I curled up in bed and cried, she came and settled down by me and licked my face until she had me laughing. I was looking in the mirror this morning and noticed my face or the first time. I mean really noticed, it's getting smaller, my cheekbones are standing out more. I don't have the "fat face" look anymore, I can see my cheekbones. TOM started yesterday and to my surprise I was only up a pound and she isn't giving me trouble like she usually does perhaps it the fact I am slimming down and building muscle.
Learn good job on staying pop and you are welcome for the chip recipe

Ags you should also try the Wii fit plus. Love love this game on the wii.

Amy good job on wearing the rings again. I so cannot wait to get mine, one thing about me my hands never got big, I have small hands, small wrists, and now my ankles are getting smaller.
Closed Thread