Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #16  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Have you tried eating smaller meals several times a day? Maybe even bumping up your calories one or two days a week (perhaps workout days).

I hit a plateau a few weeks ago and I upped my calories from 1500 to 1800 and changed from doing the elliptical at night to doing the Biggest Loser boot camp DVD and dropped 5 lbs the next week... I have since went between 1500 and 1800 and alternate between the DVD and the elliptical.

Maybe something to try.
AmyMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

I am writing down my food more stringently, and I am also going back to eating more veggies. I admit that I have not been eating enough veggies lately, so I want to increase that as well and hopefully it will help with the weightloss.

My stomach has been really upset for a while, so I am thinking that once I get my stomach issues under control, then perhaps my digestion will improve and weight loss will again commence. It will be 2 months soon, with only about 10 to 11 lbs lost. I really hope I can get below 305lbs asap. That would feel so empowering.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Yoga is great for digestion issues...
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #19  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliondollarbbw View Post
Well, I have done the food combining thing before, and it just not the best thing for me. I have also tried the low-gi foods, and for certain types of them, they make me feel hungry more often, even though I know that with the fiber content they should not. I do best on the plant based low-gi foods that pertain to fruits and veggies only.

I will definitely ease up on the cheese, as I have been having a lot of it lately.

What I am going to do is really stick to my calories more, and definitely increase my water and exercise levels. I think that not having enough water, and being sedentary is a big part of the issue with the scale not moving.

I am not yet ready to put the scale into the closet, as that is how I got to this weight in the first place.

thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.
No prob... If and when you are ever ready to try it... I can fill you in more. If someone is good with a consistent 1-4 lb loss every week it works. Tried, tested, true and proven for myself, and a number of others. It bends your thinking a bit and takes what works from more than one thing and ditches what fails.

I will say I hope you go under that mark soon as I know it would be good for you. I surprised myself this week and pulled off my goal and then some but I will also have to admit I was not as active as I wanted. Life happened and made it impossible to get out for the walks.

Big hugs,
Shelley
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I have also heard good things about the calorie zig zag. I havent tried it, but it makes sense, especially where over the whole week you still average within the calorie goal. I'm give that a try. And I also believe that what you eat can be more important even then how many calories. Of course calories are paramount, but you'll feel better, happier and healthier if your eating the right foods. Alot of people have wheat allergies and dont even know it. My mom struggled with being a little onver weight, she is 5'8" and hovered around 190-210, not super overweight, but with her small bone size a little. She would also feel tired and lethargic all the time. She finally read a book about allergies, I am sorry I don;t remember the name, but if you want I'll ask her and get back to you. Anyways she decided to test different foods for a reaction. I can give you details on this part if you like. Well she discovered a gluten allergy. Now she would often eat only 1200 to 1600 calories a day, and not be able to lose weight. After elimating all gluten, she lost like 50+ pounds. The first 20 in less than three months. She now weighs between 140 and 145, and the biggest change was stopping eating wheat. She does walk mor enow because when she stopped eating the wheat and gluten her knees and joints started feeling better, She used to be so sore and stiff that it was laborous to walk even around my parents farm. Now she walks with my grandpa almost everyday. So maybe look into a possible food allergy. My mom struggled with her weight as long as I can remember. And in her 50s finally found the solution.
Now she never counted calories, but realise that when you eat alot of bread and suddenly elimate that from your diet, she probably cut her calories considerable just from not eating her old favorite ocmfort foods. And it was hard for her at first. But she feel so good now that she would never consider a piece of bread.
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #21  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

For the short period of time I went to a nutritionist, she said that sometimes people lose inches before pounds, and vice verse. You might just be losing inches now, but not pounds. Sorry about how cryptic it sounds, but it's true. :P
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

How are things going, million? Have you been successful in adjusting your plan as you'd hope to, like upping your water intake and eating more veggies? I'm keeping my eyes peeled to hear that you're feeing better and that scale finally budges for you!
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #23  

Hi neonwildflower! this weekend I wasn't so good. Got off the track and overate big time, even had doughnuts. And not even the good kind, sheesh!

But, I am planning out my food for the week, and I will do an experiment to see that if I watch my calories better, and not overeat too much in the morning, how that affects my weightloss. Also, I am going to eat a lot more veggies, as I had been lacking a bit in the greens.

Tomorrow I start back on eating better, and so no sweets or flours for me, just healthy protein, lean when possible, more fruit and veggies, and more water.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #24  

I definitely understand. How come weekends are such a challenge?! It's so frustrating. I have faith though that with some planning you can have a much better week. Your strategy sounds like a good one.

My biggest challenge right now is keeping myself interested in food, and finding sources of protein that i don't hate... so bored with eating the same things all the time, just makes me want to eat a whole box of white cheddar Kraft dinner. Lol. But I won't! The point being that I get the struggle but I totally believe that with a plan we can beat the pesky fat away!

Anyway, keep us posted if you can
Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonwildflower View Post
I definitely understand. How come weekends are such a challenge?! It's so frustrating. I have faith though that with some planning you can have a much better week. Your strategy sounds like a good one.

My biggest challenge right now is keeping myself interested in food, and finding sources of protein that i don't hate... so bored with eating the same things all the time, just makes me want to eat a whole box of white cheddar Kraft dinner. Lol. But I won't! The point being that I get the struggle but I totally believe that with a plan we can beat the pesky fat away!

Anyway, keep us posted if you can
What kind of protein do you currently eat?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 AM   #26  

I eat a lot of beans, nuts, and eggs... love that. But uuugh I try to eat meat, and I hate it. Lol. I used to buy meat to share with my boyfriend (chicken, extra lean ground beef) and for the most part I'd just eat a small portion of it, focus on the rest of the meal. We've since broken up, and I don't want all this food to go to waste, so I try to incorporate it... but every time I eat meat I am grossed out by it, or I feel gross afterward. So I'm strongly considering being a vegetarian again, because frankly if I don't like it why am I eating it?! It's just frustrating.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #27  
Sammy's Mommy

S/C/G: 291.4/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

So i'm more of a lurker but I found this link earlier and thought you might like it. It's from the Weight Watchers board, but you can just ignore the parts about points and say calories instead I am in the same spot as you, I've been plateau for a month now at 20 lbs and I am ready to scream! But i'm holding on and I hope you are as well.

Wishing everyone the best!

Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ing-ideas.html

Last edited by orcagrrrl2003; 04-26-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: HAHAHA you might want the actual link, huh? :)
orcagrrrl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote