Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1258

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

Last edited by Ratkitten; 04-12-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Morning Ladies,

I am getting over the 24 hour flu bug. I jumped on my old scale and it says I am at 291 the new scale says 306 so am taking the new one back, as I have been working out and eating healthy so I know I am not back in the 300s. So I'll take a one pound weight gain. Nothing much really to write about as my day as just started. I'll try to post later tonight well off to clean house now.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #3  

G'morning all!

Tracey and Neon, I'm glad you are both on the mend. I hate being sick and I am a terrible patient.

I froze the majority of the spag sauce I made last night. I ended up with a total of 37 cups of the stuff lol. I can't seem to make anything in a small amount. Good thing I had enough 2 cup and 1 cup containers to freeze it in. I made some dreamfield's pasta (low carb, but still wheat) and put it in the frig for later tonight.

For lunch, I am eating some leftovers that my music teacher's wife sent home with me. It was really good. She made small cut up pieces of chicken breast with quinoa (keen-wah). This is a pseudocereal that is grown in Mexico. Has a nutty flavor and very tasty. I had brought some tomato and pepper plants over for them on Friday. Quinoa is high in fiber and protein too, although the carbs are high as well.

My weight loss as hit another "stall". I know in my mind it isn't a true stall, but I read about all the other WLS people on the surgery site where the weight is melting off, and mine is fighting me tooth and nail! It is very frustrating because I am following an atkins-type carb plan with carbs in the 50-100g range. I know I still need to up my protein amount and can't seem to get in more than 70g on average. My fluid intake is good and doesn't include diet sodas (yay). I am getting all my vitamins in and my first labs are at the end of this month.

Thank you for all the productivity kudos! I never got in a bike ride, but I pooped out by the end of the weekend. I'm hoping next weekend is nice, because I won't have to do so much Spring yard cleaning and will probably just mow the lawns.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 04-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning peeps..

Tracy: I would take that scale back too. How on earth could it be that different. ugh

Rat:bike ride tomorrow maybe?

As for me: Hubby and i had a great time in our hotel room. EXCEPT we were the first room by the lobby and I swear every crackhead was staying there that night. lol.

I got ALOT of packing done this weekend. I mean alot! and have went through alot of stuff for the yardsale this weekend. As I was packing a sadness came over me. TOM is coming which might be one reason. BUT also my brother has FAcebook. And he posted a status saying he had to take a cab for boxes and the cab ride costed him $100 bucks. He knows damn well that I get boxes from my work and I have brought about 40 home and he was told that he can take what he wants. I am sure its a pitty party, but as usual I look like the selfish sister!! He was off all weekend with me and he didnt say anything to me.

I wish this living arrangement could have worked. I wish this house was not a smelly mold place. BUT it is what it is...

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I AM PUTTING ME AND MY KIDS AND HUBBY FIRST!

I think I am allowed to do that once in a while.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Tracy - How weird is that discrepancy between the two scales?! Good call on taking it back. But glad to hear that you're getting over being sick...

Ratkitten - I'm really enjoying hearing about the spaghetti sauce, and the chicken and quinoa... I'm having a hard time coming up with things to eat (I'm bored of food!) and every little bit of inspiration helps. Also, sounds like you've got a solid plan to get the scale moving downward again, so good for you. Good luck getting all that protein in!

azcyn - Darn right you deserve to put yourself and your family first! Good for you

I had a frustrating morning, followed by a lovely moment with an old friend. A coworker and I switched shifts (so she would work my 5-10am and I would work her 7:30-3:30) but I got woken up by a call at 5:09am saying that my coworker hadn't shown up, so could I get to work quickly to help open the store? Needless to say I was NOT impressed, but made it there in 5 minutes and we managed to get the store open... made for a grumpy and frustrating morning though, for myself and my supervisor.

At the end of my shift, however, my old roommate came in. When we parted it was on VERY bad terms. We were completely fed up with each other, pretty much ready to snap. But that was two years ago, and today when she walked in I was just genuinely happy to see her. We hugged, I got her drink, and chatted across the counter. I guess time does heal all wounds?

Now for the real challenge... getting my day back on track after my morning was completely messed up. I really rely on my big breakfast to get me through the day. The rest of my meals are smaller and well spaced out, but I'm the kind of person who is ravenous in the morning and I don't work well without it. Going to do my best!

Last edited by neonwildflower; 04-12-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I posted this on last weeks thread Duh, so came over here to post it. LOL I'm jumping back on the wagon been gone for a few months things have been crazy with the girls in school and the boys. I was hoping to come back sooner, but I broke my tailbone 5 weeks ago, so that slowed my weight loss down. I can now work out without pain. It's time to get back to eating, as I should and no more excuses.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Thought I'd stop in to say hi before heading to the pool. Finals begin this week, so I'll probably be absent. That's probably a good thing for you guys because I'd be cranky if I was here anyway.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Best of luck with finals, Catherine. Mine are this week too, so let's check back in at the end of it and make sure we surivived! Lol.

Keeperofthehome - Yay for healing Tailbone injuries are awful, so I'm glad you're doing well now. Welcome back on the wagon! Lol. I love that expression... "the wagon."

Personal victory for today (kinda) - we are sampling the new frappucinos at work today, and are encouraged to try them. However, since I know I'll have to try it tomorrow anyway I said "no thanks!" Starbucks has always been my weakness, so saying no to it is a big deal for me, especially now that I work there. Yay!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #9  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday ladies!!

Tracy - Hope that you are back to 100% very soon and I would take that scale back as well!!

Rat - You can ship some of that sauce this way if you want I have been reading about that quinoa but haven't tried it yet. May have to give that a whirl! As far as the plateau, I pray that you get over it quickly! I know it's discouraging when you are working your tail off and the scale doesn't seem to want to budge! Hopefully you will be able to ride like the wind soon Stay strong

Cyn - Glad that you had a great time with hubby with the one exception of course I don't see anything wrong with putting your family first! In fact that's how it should be. And I'm glad that you are getting into a new place! That mold is bad news!

Neon - Sorry that you had a cruddy start to your day but glad that it got better! Time really does heal all wounds as I have come to find out! I'm sure that you were able to jump back on track After reading your last post, I'm proud of you! I knew you could do it Congrats on your victory! It would be hard for me to work at a coffee shop! I have become a latte lover! Skinny latte's of course but still

keeper - Nice to meet you and glad to hear that you are back on the wagon! it's hard to get back on once you fall off but I'm sure that you can do it! Now that you are better you can go full force or at least try to

Catherine - I wish you well on your finals!!

I have had a pretty productive weekend myself!! Revival at church, Homecoming Sunday (I did pretty good if I must say so myself) and I made it with most of my sanity intact from the crazy houseful of girls and boy that were here!! Also had a fairly productive last two days! Yesterday we worked out and went to bathe grandma. Came home and fixed supper! Was gonna do some dancing with the Wii but pooped out on the couch!! My mother cleaned my kitchen, God love her! It almost brought me to tears! Don't know why! Today worked out again, ran a few errands and came home! Got my dancing in today and burned over 540 calories in about 2.5 hours! Love me some DDR!!

There's a strong chance that I won't do much tomorrow! lol I will however do me some more dancin!!! I pray that you all have a wonderful rest of the week!!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

ratkity- I hope this weekend is pretty also. Maybe you will get a bike ride in.

Cyn- Good for you for putting your family first in this situation. That's great that you got so much packing done.

Neon- It's good that you got to see your old roommate and enjoy each other's company. I hope the rest of your dfay went well. Yay for being able to say no to the sample.

keeperofthehome- Nice to meet you here.

thinmint- Glad to see you survived the teenage takeover. Enjoy your dancing that's a fun workout.

This week started off good. DH and I had all day Sunday together and then made some cheesy turkey burgers that evening. This week has been POP so far. I'm having a better time on Provera than I did last month. What I am hoping is that after losing some weight I won't have to take it anymore. It's nice to not be a weepy mess this time around though.
Have a great Wed. everyone.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Hi everyone, I was doing well until yesterday when my Mum rang to say my Dad had another heart attack & they are operating today. It was supposed to be next week but the surgeon is worried about the damage being done to his heart....anyway I'm back OP; I had curry, rice & 1 naan & 1 bottle of red wine, it could have been much worse!
Anyway Rat I hope you continue to get better, WTG on the loss!! I do WAY too much pasta sauce too, freezing it it saves cooking when you're not in the mood & stops us eating bad stuff. xxxxxx ps glad evil kitty is hanging in there.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

About to ship my girls out the door for school it's been a crazy few days already this week. Going to get on the spin bike later today I love that thing. Before anything else if the boys behave got to get some work done today, so glad I work from home on days like these. Today's catch up day for me in more than one way.

neonwildflower~ Yes tailbone injuries are painful glad it's over with.

thinmintintraining~ Yes I'm back at it slowly right now to not reinjure my tailbone, but I think it's going great.

babble~ Nice to meet you too.

voodoo1~ sorry to hear about your dad.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is well or doing well. It is cold today...burrrr and booo...I actually want it to be hot out. I like the sun! Even though I burn and get paler, but still! lol

I'm refocusing and getting back on my own track. Getting my butt moving again so hey maybe I can participate in the exercise thread. I'm like a black sheep with that thing I swear lol. I'm sure Heather would agree...

Anyhow, I'm between 278-280, which sucks...but you know I've decided to stay off of the scale until the end of April. I tend to get obsessive.

Been busy, going to continue to be busy, working with people who don't seem to appreciate what "busy" means...getting my taxes paid, which I can do for once, but I didn't make squat last year so blah...

This year I'm going to have to do estimated taxes...ohhh noesss lol.

I hope everyone is well. I'm totally fat, but you know I noticed the difference in my face and my friggin' thunder thighs. Not so much in my tummy...except for bloating I guess. I think I am bloaty, but meh.

*HUGS*
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all...

I watched TBL last night..Sam seems to be my fav..so I am glad he didnt get sent home. Although I think he will not last much longer because he has lost so much weight already.

Some of you may remember my aunt that went to prison 3 years ago. We had been raising her son for a while. Well she gets out of prison tomorrow and will have to go into a half way house. She really isnt in my life anymore...I hope it stays that way. I dont mind seeing her now and then..kinda like the situation with my mom. BUT I have a feeling once she is out..I will have to lay down the law with her like I have my mother. This is adding stress to my life cause of the worry. YUCK!

My tummy has been a bit yucky the last few days..I am sure TOM is on the way.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies..sorry I havent been around in a while but my diet and exercise has been atrocious for the last couple months but I can at least say I have been maintaining my 50 lbs lost but I dont want to maintain anymore I want to LOSE!!! So, I started back today with my calorie counting and putting all my food on thedailyplate.com like I was before cause since I stopped doing that back in december ( our computer broke down) my weight has not budged because I havent been keeping close attention on what foods I have been eating but today that all changes...I already put my breakfast on thedailyplate.com and when I come home later after running errands I am going to do my your shape w/ jenny mccarthy for the wii that I absolutely love even though it is really hard and I am dripping sweat when I finish but that is what I need so I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here just havent been keeping on my diet and exercise as well until today but that all changes today cause I want to make it to my goal weight.

Well, hope everyone is having a great week and I will talk to you ladies again soon

has anyone seen kayleystar lately?? I hope she is doing ok.

Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 04-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Closed Thread