Old 04-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Angry Rant alert: Dealing with idiots

So just when I've been starting to feel good about staying on plan and losing weight, I get a Facebook notification from this idiot I used to work with for a group called "Get in shape for summer 2010!"

What kind of person just sends out an insult like that over the internet? We were never friends, really, and I know he's just doing it to be mean because he's an @$$ to everyone. (I checked the group's fans, and he's not a member. So it's not like he joined and just invited everyone).

It just really sucks to be working so hard and still dealing with the same crap as when you sat around gaining weight all day.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

(I'm not a part of the 300 group, but I saw this and had to comment)

I just had the same thing happen to me, for the exact same group. The guy who sent it to me also wasn't a member. But I haven't seen this guy for probably 4 years when I was around 135 pounds, and even then we weren't close. I don't know why he would send me anything, and the group is promoting some quick weight loss scheme, maybe they're just marketing it?

Either way, don't let that get you down! You're doing really well!!

Last edited by mdchick88; 04-07-2010 at 06:38 PM.
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

You know what, why he did what he did really doesn't matter, that's his karma not yours. I find as I get older that people like that do things because in truth they are insecure, little creatures who only can find self-worth through being demeaning to others.
When you step back and look at how truly pathetic they are, it's hard to be angry. I just feel sorry for them actually. What must that be like? To be absorbed in such a world of self-loathing because at the end of the day, regardless of what they might say, they know what they are. They know that their heart is diseased and the cure for that is so much harder than losing weight.
Stay on your path, you are doing great. Remember who you are and the strength of your spirit.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #4  
It's about time

You're both right. Thanks, ladies
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey you guys... my 5 year old has a Facebook page so he can play Farmville with my husband ( I know I know... ) but he got the same thing... I think it's Spam!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #6  
It's about time

Guess this thread says something about my insecurity then
Old 04-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

This is spam. The guy clicked a link on their site for a "free trial", which then spammed all of the people on his friend's list with the message. The link has already been removed as abusive and in violation of facebook policies.

He didn't direct it at you. He probably didn't even know that he sent it.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Even though you know it's spam now (stupid spam, but what a relief!) I totally understand where you're coming from in terms of one stupid comment, or suggestion, or dumb Facebook link being enough to make you go all Hulk for a moment about how dumb they are, how unfair it is that you work so hard and still people see you the same way, etc. I sometimes feel like that too. *Hugs*

Last edited by neonwildflower; 04-07-2010 at 07:48 PM.
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #9  

Interesting high tech spam. I got one of these anonymous "handwritten" letters in snail mail telling me about weight loss product in the mail. My mom got one too and I had to convince her it wasn't one of her friends. It was a mass mailing.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #10  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

I got one of the supposedly handwritten mass mailings about a weight-loss product. It looked very real and started "Dear Koo, . . . " I was SOOOOOO angry. I was sure it was from an ex-boyfriend of mine (and I've been married 11 years - I don't think my old boyfriends even know my married name - or care for that matter!). I felt like an idiot when I realized it was just more junk mail.

Don't feel bad about this stupid spam upsetting you, tho. I have a feeling that these things are worded the way they are in order to get a rise out of people and make them feel bad - thus making the "weightloss" product attractive. Plus, Facebook gives me the willies anymore. I get so much spam to the email address I use for Facebook (which is only for my login) and I never had that happen before I joined. Eek.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 327/304/150

Height: 5'10"

I think he has a crush on you.
missnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 327/304/150

Height: 5'10"

Well that would be the case if it wasn't spam. I guess o should read previous threads.
missnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #13  
It's about time

Good to know I'm not alone in the annoyance when we get (coincidentally accurate) spam! Maybe the day will come when we won't see anything with the words "weight" "diet" "fat" or "in shape" and immediately feel like the butt of a joke!