Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1254

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #2  

Hiya My Peeps!

Welcome Stella!!!! I hope you post lots to so we can get to know you more.

Hugs,
Ratkity

PS I hate the time change! lol
Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, Lets make this a PERFECT ON PLAN week and post some losses.I know Im sick and tired of being in the same 15-20lb range. TIMe to get things moving downward again.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I am officially in a "stall". However, rather than give up...I am giving my scale the heave ho! I had hubby hide it yesterday and it is not coming back out until May 1st!! I transferred my gym membership to one within walking distance from my job and I start there tonight!! I always left work planning to go when I reached home, but always talked myself out of going. I will not be doing that now! Hoping this helps get my weight loss going as well as making me stronger and changing my shape. Wish me luck!!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all..

Stella: Welcome to the group. I lost my grandma 4 years ago..I miss her terribly!! She was also in a nursing home. I loved spending all the time I could with her.

Last night hubby and I watched a movie called the 5 people you meet in heaven. OMG..it was such a good movie. I really likes it.

TOM is here sooo that explains why I was a ball of crying yesterday..ugh!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm off to the pool.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #7  

Hiya Peeps!

Cyn, I read the book. I didn't want to see the movie because the book was so good. The movie wouldn't live up to my expectations. Just like The Lovely Bones didn't do well, but was an awesome book.

TOM has finally left me and the scale dial moved! I almost wrote the scale moved, but I know someone was bound to ask me where it went. hehe.

Catherine, have a great workout!!

Annie, I know you are there lurking. Stop fretting about Friday. I'll be thinking of you the entire time!!

Tort, go girl! Have fun at your new gym!

Deb, I hear ya. I've been trying to keep my carbs under 100g.. geesh. Hard to do. Especially when sabotaged by TOM.

Hugs to all the lurkers,

Ratkity
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Got wet this morning. This afternoon, we got to meet the teenagers at the Boys and Girls Club. We are thinking about adopting a kid that has aged out of the foster care system without getting adopted. Kids don't stop needing parents when they turn 18. The Boys and Girls Club here has transitional programs for kids that have aged out, have had babies, have chemical issues, etc. It was easy to tell right off the kids that were present and the ones who were just there because they were required to be. I tried very hard to not look at it as if we were picking out a stray at the animal shelter. The kids weren't told we were interested in adoption, just that we were new volunteers. The people who run the program know that some of these kids would try to take advantage of us. Several of the kids had babies, so that would mean instant grandparenthood. We're taking it one step at a time for now. They have functions twice a month, so taking it slow is the only option we actually have.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

mornin all...

It is way to early for me..but here I am. I can't sleep. Not sure if it is TOM or what but have had a stomach ache again starting last night. I had 2 slices of pizza and I swear within an hour I was so bloated! I am suppose to go back to the GI Dr tomorrow, but I dont want to. He prescribed Xifaxan and I didnt take it. FOr one my insurance doesnt cover it. So it was like $60 bucks out of pocket. I also don't understand why he prescribed an antibiotic when he has no idea what is wrong. I keep saying I should just take it. All that I have read on it says that people that took it had some relief while taking it but symptoms came back. Every since I had MRSA I am lery about taking antibiotics unless I need to.

My friend at work went to a GI Dr that is female cause she was diagnosed with IBS. She said that GI Dr did all kinds of tests including stool samples before she prescibed anything. THis GI didn't.

I sit staring at the sample packs saying..is this my answer should I just take it. But for some reason I don't..scared of side effects..scared it wont work.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #10  

Morning all!

Catherine, I think that is a wonderful thing that you and his self are doing! Taking it slow is a good plan and what will be will be. Good for you...and I wish you the best!

Saw my dentist yesterday for a follow up from this past fall. I am getting an implant (well I have it already...just waiting to finish it) and all looks good, so Thursday I am going in for a cleaning and I am getting my teeth whitened! The implant is the first upper molar so it will be seen..and hubby knew I had wanted to get a professional whitening done (years of soda and coffee...and just plain YEARS do a number on your smile), so I am having that done and then getting the impression done for my crown. I am really excited about that. I can't wait to flash my brand new smile

I went to the gym last night and did an hour on the treadmill at 3.5 mph. I thought that was good. I felt great! I signed up for a class Thurs night which is to design my own program based on my goals and it will have 4 people and a trainer going over the machines and figuring out the amount of weights I should be doing, etc. I am excited about that.

I meet with the Endocrinologist next Tuesday. It will be interesting to see what she has to say. Fingers crossed we can get me straightened out.

My scale is hidden until May 1st as the plateau I am on right now was starting to affect my mood...and I am committed to getting to my goal and maintaining for life...once a month to weigh and measure. In the meantime, I am going to stick to my low carb plan which I love and start getting my rear moving again.

Oh my I am chatty this AM! Sorry so long... Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Hey all. My update is short but pretty sweet. I went home to my family's this past weekend, but did a great job of staying on plan for the most part. I don't own a scale but I weigh myself when I go home, and I'm down 15 pounds since the last time I was there (a month prior). Yay! Got to play with the family dogs, see friends, and be around my mom. Life is good!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I have been MIA for a while....too busy and too unengaged with weight loss to check in. I have now been home 3 whole weeks this year (not 3 consecutive weeks mind you)...other than that I have been traveling the entire year. It's been rough. Hard to live in a hotel and eat well. I also seem to have developed a good case of plantar fasciitis. That has really deterred any effort at getting my steps in. It is more painful than it has ever been in the back. So....I will just say it....I am back at 320. I suck. I am disgusted with myself. While I think I won't be traveling nearly as much as I was, I am still logging about 60 to 75 hours per week. I keep trying to set a plan like I was doing (walking 4 miles a day, eating well, etc.), but I don't seem to have the time or ambition to do so.

I just thought I would check in. I am pretending I will check in more often. Maybe it will even happen.

Later chicks,
Angie
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #13  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hello All

Thanks for the lovely welcomes It took be a little bit to figure out what happened! I went back to look at the thread and it was closed But I'm glad I found it again In case you didn't notice, I am a smiley fanatic! They are just so cute! I'm weird!

Anyway, I hope you all are having a great week so far. I am doing ok! Just counting down the days to weigh in and measurements! I'm really bad to want to jump on the scale everyday but I can't deal with the discouragement that often comes from weighing in everyday. That's why I don't own a scale!

I just have to share a little story with ya...My family and my husbands step-family has always had a past so of course it was weird when we got together and especially when we got married. I am pretty sure that everyone thought it wouldn't last (been together 7 yrs. married just over 6) Well, we were invited to a church service last night and some of "those" people just happened to be there too! Along with these people was one of DH's exes! Everything was fine until we were getting ready to leave and she had been eyeballing him the whole time. They recognized each other and were having the usual "how are you, fine, how are you" and I thought he was taking just a bit too long to introduce me!! so I perked up and jumped in with "hey i'm his wife, nice to meet you, i've heard a lot about you" he finally went to introduce me and actually stumbled over saying my name!! Anyway, we talked about it on the way home and I'm not sure about anybody else but I have to admit, I was somewhat insecure! Of course, she was much smaller than me. I guess I have a few issues but who doesn't? especially when you weigh over 300lbs.

I am very ashamed that I have let my weight get so out of control. It also doesn't help when people are so fake! All nice to your face knowing in the back of their mind they wish you would step out in front of a mack truck! I told hubs that I also felt that at one time his family thought he could do better then me. I guess I was just having a pity party! Has anybody ever felt that way?? I had to move on from that because I know that he is the man that God meant for me to have. I prayed long and hard for him!! He's just stuck with me.

Anyway, I don't know where all that came from. I told him though that I was going to do this this time! I have tried so many times in the past and gave up and went back to my old habits. I think he is waiting to see if I stick to it this time! I have to if for nothing else but my health.

I think I am through babbling now!! Thanks for listening or should I say reading I don't know who began this site but I would luv to hug em' I can't get over all the success and victories that have been accomplished!!! Hat's off to all especially if you have lost 100 lbs. or more! I need all the willpower dust I can get!

to you all!!
Stella
Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #14  

G'morning my Peeps!

I had a hard time waking up this morning.. ugh.

Catherine, wow.. what a cool thing you and Himself are doing. Even if you don't find anyone, just volunteering is huge. Keep getting wet in that pool!

Cyn, if you are second guessing your doctor because you are unsure about taking meds, then your doctor isn't explaining why he's giving them to you. You need another doctor or ask him to be extra patient with you and explain why the medicine (antibiotics) he's giving you will or will not help. Special healing hugs to you.

Tort, wow you've been busy! How'd the endo doc visit go? I probably need to stop by the dentist. It's been a couple of years. bah.

Neon, w00h000 on dropping a huge amount!!! Staying on plan around family can be hard. Glad you had a good time.

Realist, my lurker!!! I didn't know you traveled so much. I hate planar fascitis (sp)!! My resolved after I went under 290lbs. I was creeping up there again and very worried it was going to come back. I understand the pain. OW!! My back was already starting to give up the ghost. I know it's hard to check in when you are so overwhelmed with work. Just know I think about ya often.

Hiya Stella! I love this site too. Just remember we start this weekly thread every Monday. I have avoided going to events and seeing people from my past because of my weight. I finally went to see my old BFF from HS last thanksgiving. I love him to death and can't believe we didn't get together sooner. He's the same way and very weight conscious. There are tons of crazy things we do because our weight is a factor, whether conscious or unconsciously.

Ratrat, the psychokat, is doing well. I am still picking her up and hugging and kissing her to make her mad and stand up. She's weak, but getting stronger. She goes to get fluids today and Friday. Silly old cat. She is eating and drinking and demandiing pets. All very good things!

The scale finally budged a bit. I made it over 100g of protein yesterday, but still had carbs at 61g. So hard to keep protein up and carbs down! I can say I'm totally healed and back to normal. I am waiting for better weather so I can start riding my bicycle again. The crazy squirrels are out and my alterego, BikerChick, is itching to ride again.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Lots of positives!! Awesome!!!

The past is always hard. Whether it is yours or someone else's. I think you did very well!!

I am 2 weeks away from surgery!!! Started on the NutriMed fast yesterday. So far, so good!! 14 days of 600 calories. Should drop rather nicely!! Since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am hoping it will keep me strong. I know my hardest days will be tomorrow and Friday. But, I have planned to be busy, so that will help. Plan ahead!!!

I've been a member long enough that I can have a signature!! WOohoo!

Last edited by basketcase; 03-17-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Check sig line.
Closed Thread