Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1252

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Wow! Where is everyone?

Hope you are all well. I am waiting for the surgeon's office to tell me when my surgery is. They are trying to get a Friday for it, don't know why but whatever. That works better for Joel.

Blessings all and warm hugs.
Annie
Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I am here! I hope you get your surgery done soon Annie. I am sure that would be a load off your mind.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie hope it all goes well for you & then you can continue this path to health. xxxxx
Feeeling fed up, gained 2lbs yesterday at weigh-in, not deserved, still back Op and limiting cheese (my fave thing) & nuts; sure they aren't helping & finding it difficult to limit portion sizes. Really fed up coz we had to have our dog put down; he was 15 or so, incontinent & senile; hubby was crying & didn't want to take him to the vet's, it was hard enough without him adding to the stress. Tiga went to sleep so quickly, one split second it took before he was 'gone'. I'm not going to use it as an excuse to pig out or drink some booze but I won't have another dog, it's awful seeing them get old & fade away. Anyway enough of this , the sun is shining & I'm cleaning up the house & paying bills, might plant some flowers later if the sun is still out.
xxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-02-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  
Ev2

S/C/G: 352/352/135

Height: 4'10''

Hi ya'll. best of luck on your surgery Annie, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

sharon, I am sorry you had to put your dog down

I am actually doing pretty good after being bummed out yesterday that exercise seemed so hard for me I was able to get in 90 minutes yesterday and today I have already done 2 hours! and I am not done yet.. I actually did Tae Bo for 30 minutes .. yesterday 20 minutes of house work was killing me and 30 was all I could manage at 1 time.

I hope the rest of the day goes as well as my morning has.

I am not counting calories yet, I have been able to not snack. and I have left the chips and soda's to the kids and had water .. I actually enjoyed it. I may be slow at getting there but every day is a step towards a healthier me.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning all,
Well, I was hoping to hit 60 lbs lost this week but i didnt make it even though i have exercised everyday but i am only a couple of pounds away so hopefully next week I will hit 60 lbs that would be awesome!

Has anyone seen kayleystar?? I havent seen her in a long time i hope everything is ok and hope she returns here soon.

Well, talk to you ladies later
Heather
Old 03-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Sharon, hang in there!! Its just a fluctuation... Take measurements! The cheese and nuts are easy to go overboard on. Cheese is my weakness. I am part mouse I swear!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put one of our dogs down early in Feb. She would have been 9 next week. So sad! Her mom is still with us at 14 YO. It doesn't make sense and it was so heartbreaking...but she was sick and in pain...so we do whats best for them even if they take a big chunk of our hearts along with them. I hope you *do* get another dog. They give you so much unconditional love that you would miss if only thinking about when they die...just my two cents.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #8  

Greetings my Peeps!

Annie, I hope you get the surgery time scheduled when you want. Good riddance to that nasty old organ!

Sharon, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. My Mom had to put her 19+ yr old cat down two weeks ago and she was an emotional wreck. We both get very attached to our furkids. Just rem I'm writing down everything and getting in 600-1000 calories a day (all I can manage right now after surgery) and have not lost anything in the last 5 days. It just takes time for your body to adjust.

Tort, I am part mouse or Wisconsinite! I love love cheese.

Ev2, yay for exercise! I'm still working on stamina right now.

I had some triple squash soup yesterday from Whole Foods. It was great, even though a bit high carb (20 carbs a cup). I ate a bit more than normal yesterday to try to get protein to 100g. Almost made it! My goal is 100-120g while keeping carbs under 100g. Sorta hard.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #9  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

Annie ~ I hope that all goes well and that you can get your surgery taken care of soon and be on the road to recovery!!

Sharon ~ I am sorry to hear about having to let a member of your family go! At least you were there for him. I dread the day I have to let mine go! Hang on!!

As for me...well...it's been a rough couple of weeks. I found out last week that my dad has stage 3 lung cancer. We don't know yet if it is small cell or non small cell. He had a pet scan yesterday so hopefully we will know more later this week. He also starts Chemo this week. I feel helpless as I am 2000 miles away. I am doing all the research I can on assistance and medical coverage for him as well as the ugly part...assisting him with getting a living will together and making sure that he has everything written done. (Get the ugly stuff out of the way so he can concentrate on fighting and living!) Luckily I am one of 5 so we (my siblings and I) are working together to assist him. I find that now I feel like I have even more of a reason to keep going and keep working at this...Getting healthy...taking advantage of this life that was ever so preciously given to me!

Tell you what...if that skinny girl inside my head didn't have enough amo to kick the fat girl's butt...she does now!! :-)
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #10  

Peggy: So sorry about your having to put your dog down too. It seems to be happening a lot lately.

Sharon: Hugs and hang in there. I am so sorry about Tiga. I know that I almost thought Joel would die of heartbreak when we had to put Bear to sleep right before Christmas. I have to agree with Peggy. Another dog, when you are ready may help you heal. I know that Moose sure has helped us to heal and our other dog, Pepper who is 12 sure loves him already. They are buds and it makes me so happy to spend time with them. Now our sweet Bear is a good memory instead of just a painful loss. Hugs doll.

Ev2: You are doing wonderfully well with your steps to a healthier you! Great job.

HeatherHB: You will hit that 60 pounds loss soon and be on to the next goal. Hugs and good job.

Well, I am so sleepy today. I think cause the weather is grey outside it is making me think "cuddle and sleep" lol. I did lots of chores yesterday including moving the living room around .....again. Joel didn't like the way I had it before. He says he likes it this way so we shall see how long it lasts. lol. I need to go and pick up some photos that I sent to Walgreens to develop and I need to make some cookies for Joel's cookie jar as it is EMPTY! I am thinking peanut butter ones.

I have 4 saddles that need to be cleaned and tons, tons, tons of tack but the sadles are wayyyyy to high on the saddle tree for me to reach them without a ladder so I need to have Joel bring them in for me one at a time so I can give them a good washing and oiling. They are in sad shape. One of them is my Grandpa's old saddle and it looks fantastic but dirty. It is over 100 years old and I just got it last year as a gift. I can't wait to clean it and someday use it.

Well, I've blabbed on enough for now. lol. Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with smiles, good food choices and lots of water and exercise.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #11  

Rat: Great job getting in so much protein! I'm impressed.

Willow: Hugs and I will put your dad in my prayers.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello, all!

Annie, I so feel your impatience. I just got word Friday that my surgery will be Tuesday, March 30. I'm so excited!!!

It's hard to lose a pet, but a new one sure helps! Pets are definitely part of the family around here!

Willow - So sorry to hear about your father. That is rough. At least he has 5 supportive kids.

Rat - Excellent job on the protein!! That is hard!!! I'm trying to keep calories below 1000 and protein about 100. So looking forward to the pre-op liquid diet and then surgery!!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #13  

Basket: I remember being in your shoes. Ready for weight loss surgery and it seemed like it would never get here.Hang tight. It will be time before you know it. What kind of surgery are you having?

blessings,
Annie
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #14  

Hi my Peeps!

Basket, I had WLS on Feb 2nd (Duodenal switch). I am doing good and getting vitamins and protein in. It's hard to stay low carb!

Annie, I didn't know you had that many saddles! I rem you talking about them sometime last year. Those things can be heavy, be careful tossing them around.

My old cat needs more kitty prayers. She's refusing to eat again and has an upset stomach. She's drinking water and using the litterbox, but isn't cleaning herself. This is the 2nd time she's done this in 30 days. I hope it's not the beginning of the end. She's 15 yrs old and too mean to get sick!

Thanks all,

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #15  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sharon and Peggy-Sorry about your dogs. That's why I can't have another dog either. It just got too hard to let them go.

All sorts of stuff going on here. Mostly I'm doing okay.
Closed Thread