3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #1

S/C/G: 365/280.2/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Default A note of thanks to all of you

I had to take a moment to say thank you, to all of you who worked so hard to get us to our goal in the excercise thread for January. For me personally, it was the best month I've ever done. Knowing I was committed to myself and to each of you kept me going and got me to a place that may I say, feels oh so good.

But what I'm really grateful and thankful for is what you've all done for my daughter. For those of you who don't know, Rainlady is my 17 year old daughter April. April is an amazing kid, she's a straight A student, plays trumpet (she's first chair in her high school marching, concert, and jazz band), competes in Academic Decathlon, and works a part time job. She wants to be an agent for the FBI and discovered last month, she needs to get off around 60 pounds and get her body fat percentage to no higher than 20. The standards are intense, but if you knew her, you'd know, she's not one to back down from a challenge, she never has been.

Some days, all of you are what keep her going. She sees you all as inspiration to keep moving, to work those days when she'd rather not, to push herself beyond what she thinks she's capable of. You give her reason and you keep her centered. She fights for herself because she sees all of us fighting too. It's a blessing I can never be thankful enough for and a gift I can never re-pay. What you do here goes so much deeper than just yourselves, your motivation changes lives. It's changing mine and from one mother to others, it's changing my daughters as well.

Thank you so, so much.
Faith

275 pound=
265 pounds=

sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #2

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Faith -- This really is an amazing place. I'm so glad to hear about April, but I have to say that you and April and your son -- Bookwyrm -- are a real inspiration to the rest of us!

I started the exercise thread 4 years ago because another member suggested it might be helpful for us to inspire and motivate each other. I HATE to exercise and have found that setting goals is so useful for me. It's even better knowing that I'm a part of a mutual reinforcing system where we all motivate each other!!

On to February!!!! Good work for April and ALL of us!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote