3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Im in need of some ideas for exercise..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/192775-im-need-some-ideas-exercise.html)

Cethlinn 01-31-2010 12:27 AM

Im in need of some ideas for exercise.....

Im in need for some ideas for exercise that doesnt make me feel like im going to pass out. Does anyone have any ideas??
I have tried yoga, pilates, tae bo, walking, jane fonda all of these things make me feel like im going to pass out. I need some easy exercises to start with.
All suggestions are appreciated.:)
Shawna

geoblewis 01-31-2010 03:15 AM

I would invest in a FitBall. I love mine. I do mindless bouncing on it every time I indulge myself in front of the TV. All I did on it at first was sit on it and bounce up and down. It worked my core as well as my quads. I started with just five minutes and am now up to 90 minutes. I can now do sit ups on it, plus weight training with hand weights. But the bouncing is my favorite, because the ball holds my weight and the bouncing engages my cardiovascular system.

sweetcakes736 01-31-2010 03:37 AM

What about Richard Simmons? Yes I know he's corny but it's something you can do at a bigger size. Also do you have a Wii? I love mine and you get so wrapped up in the fun, half the time it doesn't even feel like a workout, even though by the end I've worked up quite a sweat.

Idealmuse 01-31-2010 10:12 AM

I'm a big fan of walking at heavier weights... Walk away the pounds, and just plain old walking is how I started off.

crcossel 01-31-2010 10:52 AM

Try the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds. You can so easily adjust the level. Just do a 1 mile to start with....12 min.

Cethlinn 01-31-2010 03:06 PM

wow thank you for all the sugestions.I dont have a wii. I have never tried a fit ball where would i get one of those? I never thought about mr simmons but thats a good idea. I will look into the walking thing. Is it something that can be done inside? I cant walk outside I live in AZ and the heat even in the winter makes me feel sick. The farthest I can walk is to my community mailbox which is about 7 houses down the block by the time i get home my ears are ringing and i feel like im going to be sick.

eclipse 01-31-2010 03:40 PM

The Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds is done in doors. It's aerobics based on walking in place - with other steps added in, if you can manage them. If she does something you don't feel like you can do yet, you just keep walking. If you get one of the one mile walks, I think she lets you know how far you've gone every 1/4 mile. So, you could just plan to do the first 1/4 mile for the first few weeks, and then work up to longer distances. If the 1/4 mile is even too hard for you, you can just aim for 5 minues the first week, 6 the second, etc. One of the better things about WATP is that there are SO many videos - so you can find one that works for you, and then get something more challenging when you've lost some weight and built up endurance.

eclipse 01-31-2010 03:42 PM

There's also a yoga video out their made for big girls. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called, but I got it on Netflix. It was great because I can't physically do some of the things they do in a regular yoga video - but I could do everything she asked us to do.

Cethlinn 01-31-2010 03:43 PM

Thank you:) I was just looking her videos up online as well as the fitball. I think im going to try both of them and that way I have something to do different each day and not the same thing every day.

Cethlinn 01-31-2010 03:45 PM

I will check into the yoga thing also:)

CatherineM 01-31-2010 03:48 PM

In the beginning I was so large I rarely got out of bed. So that's where I exercised. I would do scissors with my legs, or flutter kick on my stomach. I progressed to using those rubber band things, and sit ups. Next I did aerobics tapes while sitting in a chair or laying in bed. Now I do water aerobics and walking. In summer disc golf, and in winter 5-pin bowling.

Cethlinn 01-31-2010 04:17 PM

Is her name Megan Garcia? The yoga video for big people?

eclipse 01-31-2010 04:44 PM

That sounds familiar! I think that might be it :)

azcyn 02-01-2010 08:54 AM

Hi there..I also live in arizona..Scottsdale. I do walk in the evening when I walk..I know about the heat though UGH! I have the Leslie Sansome DVD. I love it!

Cethlinn 02-01-2010 06:50 PM

Hello Cyn:)
Im in Buckeye. Way out west LOL. I tried an indoor walking video this morning that i had (forgot i had it) I only managed 10 minutes. But i guess that 10 minutes is better than no minutes. I still have 20 to go for my goal today im going to do it in 5 to 10 minutes groups. But IM gonna do it!

Thank you to everyone who has posted advice i really appreciate it.
Shawna