Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1246

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  

Hello ladies! Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

Zumba on Friday was a BLAST! I wasn’t as lost as I thought I was going to be, and I think that’s due to the fact that I do Cardio Dance as it is. (DVDs, Just Dance, DDR, etc.) The hour long class FLEW by, and I burned over 1,000 calories doing it. Just awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone!

This weekend, some friends and I decided to go snow tubing. We’re 22 & 23 respectively, but we still had a blast, even if we were the only adults there without children. lol. And we spent an hour and a half basically walking up this 40 ft. hill to go down the trail again. So that was a killer workout, and again burned over 1,000 calories! Hopefully that will help with Saturday’s weigh in! I’m tired of bouncing back and forth at -50…I’m so impatient.

Ratkitten – Wow, it’s so soon! I remember when you were first approved, it just seems like yesterday!

Sharon – Unfortunately, no. I hadn’t posted them anywhere, as I had just uploaded them two days prior to my computer crashing.

Jacquie – I actually just got an external HD for Christmas from my boyfriend. (I do photography, so I use up a LOT of room). And the kicker is that when my computer crashed, I was backing up my files. UGH!

Pottery sounds like fun! Going to do it again?

Debbie – I agree! I have 5 DDR games for the PS2, but I haven’t played in a few months, just because I’ve heard all the songs SO many times now. Maybe in a couple more months I’ll dust off my mats.

Cyn – My gosh hun. All the stress you’re under, you DEFINITELY need that Yoga. *hugs*

Valerie – OMG!!! I was just thinking about you the other day, and actually dropped by your profile to see when you had last been on. I’m so glad to see you here! Sorry to hear about all the stress you’ve been under, but I look forward to ‘seeing’ you around again!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Kayley - I totally need a new one. I think mine is like circa 1900 or something lol. I'm going to look into getting one because I do the web work, illustration, web sites...etc...I need to back things up and am horrible at it. Yes, I had that problem before, with my mac long ago. I would start backing things up and it would crash the computer. It is very frustrating! As for the pottery, yeah I have three more lessons on Friday! WEEEEE!

Cyn - Hang in there. I know it is tough. I think, and this is just a total outsider point of view, that at age 17 a girl who is pregnant, under the watchful eye of an overly strict family, and with added pressures coming from all sides...as well as hormones...she could be making decisions for other people and not what she wants...being pressured to do so. She may not feel the way her actions make her seem like she feels. I think the most important thing is to protect your son and your family and I think getting that lawyer involved now is such a good idea. Besides, usually from my own experience when a bully (not saying she is, but rather the family) sees the other side positioning themselves, well they sometimes panic and back off. The fact that they are threatening says a lot...it says they don't want you to get representation and they want you to cave in. That is just from my own experiences, but usually that is spot on. Hang in there...*HUGS* When one door seems to close, another one always opens.

Valerie - WB! Sounds like you are under a lot of life changing things and stress *HUGS*...

Well it is Monday and I finally got sleep. The family visits went okay this weekend, despite me getting a little annoyed on Saturday. It really irritates me when people are so self absorbed that they like ignore other people. A perfect example, we were celebrating THREE birthdays and not one, and ONE decided they wanted indian food because it was "their birthday." KNOWING that I nor my boyfriend as well as his Mother will not eat the food, they proceeded to tell me that I don't NEED to make anything as they were ordering. This is AFTER I purchased things FOR one member who requested fresh herbs for her "dish" she was going to "cook." So, Yeah I was flippin' annoyed. I go "I can't eat that stuff and (BF) won't eat most of it, he needs something else...I'll have to do the roasted veggies as planned." "Oh well...we don't need to fuss, there has to be something you will eat?" As if I am not speaking clearly, so yeah I was a little put off by that. My answer was NO and I didn't indulge in anything that was full of butter and fats and whatever. I made the veggies, which everyone ate (rolls eyes), but you know it really irritates me when they do this, this attitude of "well we are the center of the universe, what we think is what everyone will think." GRRRRR!

I told ya...lazy family, but *sighs* I'm getting to the point where I'm not even going to bother telling them what I'm bringing or making. I'm just gonna make stuff and they can take it or leave it. The last thing I wanted was to sabotage my whole two weeks of weight loss progress and eating fried foods as well as heavily oiled and carb rich food WOULD have. So, I had a few things like some nuts and wine, but I didn't go overboard with such high calorie foods. I stuck to my guns and didn't use a family visit as an excuse to gorge myself, like the other people did. AHHHHHH! I just get frustrated with them...and you know, I HATE being told that I don't need something. I think I flippin' know what I need, thank you VERY much. What the **** is wrong with these people? lol...okay venting done. Sweews I needed that. They are good people...just a little self absorbed at times...and a little bit lazy lol... And yeah I LOVE indian food, BUT I couldn't sabotage myself and expressed on Friday I would just have a salad and veggies. Okay...NOW venting done lol.

So, I finally figured out why my stomach is a bit out of sorts...I started a new BC pack, so there ya go. It sometimes makes me a bit bloated and sickly that first week and voila, I'm on the 7th day. So, hopefully things will be better soon.

I hope everyone is well. My weight is back down today to 264... Getting there...

*HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

I seem to only come here when I need to vent and cry. Well the Ex is now not going to lunch with my son. She is now saying my son is only the biological father and nothing more and does not want him around. He is hurt and angry. So I called a well known lawyers office in our area. He said they no longer do this "family" law, but he will ask the big guy and call me tomorrow. He said that my son should lay low until she is 18. He is not sure if once she turns 18 if she can still press charges or not. He said that if she was 15 it would be alot worse. He also said that she could get a restraining order. I knew all that.

When your children hurt and you cant do anything..its horrible.

Jacquie I hope you are right in saying she is only being this way cause of her parents..but I am doubting it more and more. I think she truley likes playing games.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I had 1860 calories today. Much better than yesterday. Hubby took me to this revolving restaurant thing yesterday. $40 buffet kind of place. Except for the dessert, I did okay. Can't even remotely imagine the number of calories. At least it was fancy food that you could taste and tell you'd eaten something. I remember going to buffets where the food was basically goo that you'd eat because you can't really taste anything. Tomorrow will be the test. First day after something like that is easy because I'm basically in a food hangover. Tomorrow will be the test. We wouldn't have gone except it was a present from a friend.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #6  

Good morning, ladies! I just woke up today in an extremely good mood. Having some 98% fat free Broccoli soup with my Mom, then hitting the gym with my friend.

I feel really happy. I got her going back to the gym, and now I’ve got her on an eating plan, and she’s losing! And now, another of my friends is starting to eat healthier, too. Makes me feel good that I can help people get to that point where they want to better themselves.

Tonight is the first night of my Contract Law class, which runs from 6pm-9pm. That'll be a test for me, so I don't stop and snack after class. Ugh. Just have to stay strong.

Jacquie – Wow….almost seems as if they are trying to Sabotage your efforts. :/ I’m glad you stuck to your guns, though, and ate what YOU wanted, not what they wanted you to eat.

Cyn – Your son has every right to be a part of that child’s life, so I hope that you guys fight for him to be a part of its’ life! What charges was she trying to press against your son? (I may have missed that). *hugs*
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Kayley: She is 17 and he is 19. So she will file cause in arizona if you have sex under the age of 18 it is a crime
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Had just under 2000 calories today. I figured I'd be up some today, but so far, I haven't gone nuts. Mostly I'm just tired. I didn't get to go to the pool yesterday because I banged my leg Sunday night, and had a big bruise. I'm not sure why that would keep me from being able to swim, but that man decided I should pass. I have to give a lecture at the U of A tomorrow to a bunch of nursing students. I hope I don't break them.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #9  

Hope you all had a great day! I got in a great workout, headed to class this evening, and came home, and watched my DVR-ed Biggest Loser, while I got onto the stability ball for an hour. Feeling really good, even if my legs are SORE SORE SORE. lol
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hey everyone. thanks for the warm welcome back

hi Val! i came back (again) too. as long as we keep coming back thats what really matters!

i am going to bed, but i just wanted to say hello!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #11  

Good morning, ladies! It's sure been quiet around here the past couple of days! Has anyone seen Zelma or Heather hb lately?

Well, I'm having some breakfast, and then heading to the gym, and then Algebra class (the bane of my existence). Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'6

Cyn~ hopefully things will get better soon. Try to stay positive this girl will grow up soon.

Been a very long week here. I can not wait till Friday. I actually have 2 days off and maybe even 3 for my B-day. I need a break from that place I call work! It has actually been pretty easy for me to stay on track with my eating. I thought I would have a hard time but so far so good.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Helloooooo ladies. Weight is currently stuck at 264, but that is okay. I'm focusing! Been really ill lately and I believe the ol' BC pills are causing it. Getting better day by day, so it will work out eventually. Today I feel like having carbs, but am trying to resist. OY! lol...I recently heard that carbs are addicting and once you have some, you want more. Perhaps that is true. I know sugar is addicting that is for sure.

I had some chocolate chips I was going to make vegan truffles out of, but instead I ate some of them with peanut butter. BF saw me eating it and...ate all the chocolate lol. Oh well...perhaps that is a good thing for me! lol I had like three tablespoons of chocolate pieces and a tiny bit of peanut butter, so I don't feel guilty about it.

Currently working on a web site and my own. I'm so slow with my own stuff. A bit upset at a person I work with. The guy basically said that my logo concept isn't how one does logos as you shouldn't have "graphics" as part of a logo or as the logo. Hellooooooooooooooo that is so wrong that I can't even put my mind around it. I think what happen was he designed some logos that didn't go over well, took him a month to do sub-par work, I came up with a concept after being asked to and took me a day. Concept is progressing, but he is dead wrong about images or iconic images as a logo or part of a logo. Hello TARGET, VERIZON, NIKE....I can think of thousands more...WINDOWS lol....APPLE! I think it is a case of a bruised ego to be honest. Venting done. I'm in a happy place haha. Anyhow, just frustrations that come with the territory... The thing that gets to me is there isn't a lot of time and everyone, but me and the database designer, are the only two people who actually do things in a timely manner. Just frustrating...a month for a concept, that was after three months of waiting for the work to be started and that was after the same guy said over and over again how it takes "30 seconds" to brand a company. You can see the frustration I'm experiencing...just this person doesn't seem to know what they are talking about. Ahhhhhh....

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-20-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #14  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Default Guess I am not the only one lurking back :)

Hi everyone! Long time no chat!! Its great to see the new faces and all of us ol ones are still here. WB to Luan and Val too

Not much is new with me. Busy as always with 3 jobs and no time to myself but still trying to lose. I gained about 15lbs back and trying to get that off again. Its a crazy struggle huh?

well its great to be back with my chick friends and you'll see more of me hopefully every day!

Brenda
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #15  

Hiya My Peeps!

Great to see ya GTL200! I luv to see that Deb and our Princess are back.

I had been doing well eating until today. Everything not nailed down was fair game.. geesh.

Still, it was a good day. Just a hungry one.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Closed Thread