Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 6"

Hang in there, Amy! This too shall pass. I find that I do best when I plan ahead for meals. I like to cook a large batches and freeze part of it. So right now I have single servings of salmon patties, salisbury steak and chili in my freezer. I also have cooked ground beef that I can pull out for quick meals. That way I don't have to cook as often. I know women who cook a bunch of meals at the beginning of the month and then do very little cooking after that. One large batch of hamburger can make several different kinds of meals, for example. Maybe that would work for you.

The Wii comes with the basic sports. I'm in horrible shape so even just bowling is good for getting me moving. I just got Just Dance for Wii and am LOVING it. You might like it.

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #17  

Hiya Peeps,

Well, I had one good positive today... I resurrected the bricked laptop! I can't believe I did it. Between the bad hd and it not wanting to boot the recovery disks (or anything else) I was at wits end! I forced it to boot off a flash drive that had the first recovery disk copied onto it. First time it got corrupted and on a whim, re-made the boot flash drive. I got it to read the recovery cds!!! Now I have 2 laptops. Well, 3 working ones if you count the older laptop that I had to replace the inverter in (video thing). It now has 70 windows updates to load.. eep!

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi friends! im here!!

Things have been SO CRAZY in my life, both good and bad.

in bad news, my grandma has cancer. its all over and theres nothing they can do about it. the good thing is, she had a stroke 5 years ago so her short term memory is shot, so she has no idea anythings wrong, even if i tell her all day long. so i dont tell her. why make her feel sick. she doesnt drive, she just hangs out around the house and eats all day, even tho shes only 114lbs.

in good news, i am no longer on probation at school. i was admitted on probation because my completion ratio was awful at my old school. i really like my school and the program is awesome. we met richard donner (director of Goonies), Bryan Singer (xmen and house) and Richard Dreyfus. so, pretty awesome!!

I also started 2 new businesses. I am a representative of Brown Bag Party, which sells romance products and I started a cupcake Business.

i know! how could i have a cupcake business and lose weight? i actually lost 10 lbs, im really active and moving around a lot, and i dont want cake. almost ever. lol. having it in my face every day (almost). knowing its readily available doesnt make it special so i dont want it. lol.

I am also working on a few other projects. a reality show and 2 films, along with getting a new job as the social media manager for a PR company, and the semester starting back up on Feb 1. so things are crazy!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! i look forward to getting back in the swing of things

Last edited by Heather; 01-13-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: remove link to business and email request
Old 01-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, sorry I was MIA, back was so bad even sitting at pc was painful. Boys were off school Moday due to a tummy bug, which I caught Monday night...sigh... Tuesday I kept them off to make sure they were recovered properly. Luckily after physio on Monday (ultrasound therapy & massage) I'm able to move a bit, even bend a little and the pain is bearable. Today the boys are off school coz of black ice so I'm still a bit weak with two fully well boys and a husband in bed on nights, trying to keep them busy AND quiet!!!lol
Debbie, did I say how GREAT IT IS TO 'SEE' YOU on here again? I missed you. WtG on the Wii, my sis has one & really enjoyed it, til she got a 'tube' which she kicks & punches, lol she pretends it's her ex, lol! xxxxxxxx
Luan, hi!!!! Sorry about your Grandma, I suppose her memory loss is a blessing as you said, I hope you're getting help/support with her. WTG on the new college, businesses AND meeting famous people! Are you on W/W or trying something new? I'm trying another low carb meal replacement, monitored by my pharmacist. xxxxxxx
Hi to Jacquie, Ratkitty-NO idea what you were on about but sounds fun, lol!!!!!- & everyone else I misssed. I have to keep the boys quiet so bye for now..
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 01-13-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Debbie - Beads sounds like loads of fun. I was interested in, I'm going to say it wrong, lamp fire beading.... Loved those little things with the glass. I really should get into the clay scene, I have loads of things I want to do. It isn't that expensive...I also want to do mosiacs, but that is a bit out of my price range at the moment. Perhaps soon...

Dessi - The new shoes sound great. I need to find a new pair, vegan friendly though, that isn't going to break the bank. Still looking...I really hate Payless...the last pair I ordered online and they were valued at $160, but since they were being discontinued haha...i got them for like $60 lol. The thing is, I'm kind of at that point where I have to try on everything and I think getting a shoe that fits better is more ideal. Besides I have ONE pair of sneakers. ONE! lol...

ChattKathy - I am a web designer/developer/illustrator/inspiring artist....I'm still working on my web site, which should be up soon. I start it, then get busy with other things, but now I need it up for clients and yadda yadda. I'll probably send a shout out to ya'll when it is finally up. Been a long time, road to recovery in my life, but I put it off and off...procrastination is my ultimate enemy. As for my diet, I don't eat meat, dairy, eggs...though sometimes dairy does find its way in, usually by accident. I try to avoid it at all costs...I eat veggies, nuts, raw and vegan. I do enjoy raw honey, which makes me more of a vegetarian since vegans do not eat honey. My main problem is eating enough, I get full very fast, so I'm trying to find creative ways of making myself get enough to fuel my body. Fruit and green smoothies, salads, veggies cooked/roasted, hummus...which I've found I CAN enjoy, in moderation. I have an addiction to hummus lol. LOVE IT!

Amy - You sound like me. I often, now I'm not saying you make excuses I'm just saying I do, make excuses so that I don't have to cook. What I do now is focus on a simple meal for me. For example, I chop up some veggies (even ahead of time) and roast them or I simply use one frying pan to cook them. I barely make a mess for myself because I have to cook two meals now. If I make a salad, I use one bowl for my veggies I chop. I try to make things practical because getting me to cook in my tiny god forsaken kitchen is HARD, but finding creative ways like "only dirtying up one pan and bowl" makes things ideal for me personally. Another idea is to make something that will last for a few days. Like I make tortilla soup for my BF, but it is vegan and has soy. A big pot of soup lasts for 3 days and I store it in a microwave safe container, so I don't even dirty up a pot the next two days. Just how I think about things because getting me to cook when I'm tired, cranky, or just plain fed up with my kitchen is HARD lol. As for eating late, yeah I can't do it either. My BF wants to eat like at 8 or 9...too late for me! Hang in there Amy....it sounds like you are a bit burnt out with the move and things. Take a deep breath and take one step at a time. You can do it! *HUGS*

Ratkitty - Awesome, three laptops. WOoosh I wish I had one so I could lounge in bed and do things like watch movies or window shop for clothes hahahahaha. Yeah I so don't need a laptop, but still..i wants! lol

Princesspuffypants -
WB! Sorry to hear about the bad news. *HUGS* But good to hear about all the good things. I think a cupcake business and losing weight is BRILLIANT! The truth is, you'll be focusing on so many cupcakes that you'll get sick of it. lol... "not another cupcake order" hahahahaha... It works! *HUGS* Sorry to hear about your grandmother though.

Sharon - WB! *HUGS* I know your life is crazy right now, I'm hope you are doing a bit better.

I'm weighing myself daily and writing down my weights in my planner...today 264, the lowest I've ever been. So, I'm hoping that things keep going down down down. I'm just glad to be here and not where I was. I'm going to eat something more substantial this morning...yesterday I was very bad...I didn't eat enough in the morning and what happened was when I went to do my workout, I got dizzy and almost passed out. I had to stop 15 minutes in...I just couldn't do it. It wasn't the normal "sweating" and things... So I ate a big salad quickly, but it was totally my fault. I was enjoying a smoothie, but I need something more so on days I get up late I'll have to have a salad or something, then have smoothies later on as snacks.

I also got on the phone yesterday, so I forgot to eat, I HAVE to not to do that. I always forget when I'm busy...no more. Trying hard to remember. This morning fruit and salad stuff. YAY!

I hope everyone is well. Working on a web site, not my own, but my own will be up and online soon. Yeah yeah, I say that a lot, but this time it is true hahaha.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 311/304/150

Height: 5'8"

PrincesPP - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it must be devastating. I care for my grandparents, and they are more precious to me now than ever. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

Jaquie - I only have one pair of sneakers at a time, too, because I wear them until they fall apart! The last pair was rubbing blisters because they were 3 years old and the sole was flopping and the insole was completely gone. So, I don't mind spending some dough to get a new pair every two to three years. I tried on the sketchers Shape Ups, but it was like wearing platform shoes! Not a good idea if your ankles are made of glass and your commonly known as the clumiest woman on the face of the planet...lol! I would definitely hurt myself in those things. These Reeboks are just like wearing regular sneakers, except that after you walk in them, you can REALLY feel it in from your waist down. I love, love, love them!

Today I weighed in at 307.2! YES! I started off at 311 six days ago, so thats 4 lbs in six days! AAAAAhhhhheeeeee! I'm so excited, can ya tell? That's exactly what I need to keep me motivated; results. I hope all you girls have a great day!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 6"

Jacquie- I can absolutely relate! My personal and business sites are a year or more outdated and at the bottom of my priority list, under clients and currently paying sites. Please do post when you get your site up. I can't do the vegan thing. I applaud you for it! What do you put in your green smoothies and how many calories are they?

Luan- Sorry to hear about your grandma. It's probably a blessing she doesn't know, like you said. I love Richard Dreyfus. So cool that you met him and the other guys. Speaking of Goonies, it's the 25th anniversary of Goonies-- filmed just an hour away from where I live. Wow! You really are busy! (BTW, I live where Twilight was filmed and have connections up here. So, if you ever need anything Twilight related let me know ;-)

Hi Sharon! I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you have your hands full for the day.

dessi- Congrats, on the weight loss!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

I am here..reading

Today went to the Dr. She did my pap..oooh Joy. She ordered a mamagram..oh joy! She said alot of insurances wont let you til age 40, but mine its ok. I had one many years ago..but turns out I just have lumpy breats lol Dr said she wants me to take the probiotics..acidulphilis sorry I know i am spelling that wrong. She is switching me to previcid for the GERD. She is also sending e to a gasterologist..which i am glad cause as some of yall know my other one was horrible! She said it looks like I have a little irritation in my cervix..then she said maybe its a cyst. Asked if i had any pain "down there" i said no. She said we will see what the pap says. I know women have cysts all the time and dont even know it

She also suggested YOGA for me. She said..im not talking roll out the mat and pose into things you can do..LOL it made me laugh. She said about breathing and learning to sit up straight..said it would help. So I really think I MIGHT try that. She said since I sit all day at a computer..I really should be doing that.

Today I played hookie from work and got some sewing done no my doll dress. She is turning out cute!

Last edited by azcyn; 01-13-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Luan - you've been missed - thanks for the updates - hugs girlfriend!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Dessi, DDR is Dance Dance Revolution and its for the Wii. Its where they play songs and then give you step guides that you have to match on a foam pad that comes with the game. Its really fun. Thanks so much for saying I dont look old enough to have a son going into the Navy. It's Anew skincare from Avon....great stuff!!
Thats great that your mom is doing well. Keep her smiling!

Kathy, thanks for the tip on the towels under the wii. How the heck did you figure that one out?? LOL on losing 3.5lbs !!

Amy, dont you just hate when the bad stuff keeps calling us? Its hard but you can get past it. Go and grab something good for you and then smirk at the bad stuff!

Ratkitty, I have a desk top thats about ready to die...I'm shipping it to ya!

Luan, wow, you're one busy girl!! Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll keep her in my prayers. A cupcake business!!! How fun! Those are popping up all over. Hope you make millions!!

Sharon, thanks...its good to be back. Sorry to hear about your back. That must be sooooooooo painful. Take are of yourself.

Jacquie, lamp fired beads...sounds interesting. You'll have to post some pics and let us see them. YAY on being 264!!

Cyn, sounds like this doctor is really going to find out all that ails you! I hope all your tests come back with good results.

Hi Carol, how ya been?

Today was hectic with going to two Avon meetings and having to rush home inbetween them....but I made it. Food is good still. Have to do some sort of exercise still. Probably stretchy bands.
Have a great evening ladies!!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #26  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'6

Just stopping in to say good morning before I head off to bed. Had a very long 12 hours at work and I am emotionally and physically drained! Working so many hours this week has at least kept me from snacking out of boredom! Hopefully they will get some staff hired in and I can cut back though so I can have some more me time.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #27  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

Back again...It's been since august since I've been here. I always return but this time I had really lost my senses. lots of changes at home and job so I am trying to get some sense of myself back. I am starting all over from the beginning. Glad to read the posts and see familiar faces.
rene
Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello hello, ladies! Hope you are all doing well. I’m okay, despite TOM making QUITE the appearance yesterday. Ugh. The only thing I don’t like about losing weight, is getting that pesky little thing back. I hadn’t had a period in almost a year, because I was overweight. But it’s all for the greater good.

It’s so nice having a workout buddy. I can motivate myself to go to the gym, but having someone there just pushes me to work hard each and every day. She’s been going with me for about a month, and I’m helping her out with some diet tips, and helping her with strength training and whatnot. She always tells me I’m an inspiration to her, and she couldn’t do it without me. Makes me blush. Heh. I’m glad I can motivate SOMEONE. Lol….

We’re taking a ZUMBA class on Friday, and we’re super excited about it! Has anyone here tried it? I’ve heard it super fun, and it’ll probably kick our butts. Lol.

Well, I’m going to finish up my Minestrone soup and my Turkey Burger (one of my favorite meals EVER), and head to the gym! Have a great day, ladies!

Luan – Welcome back! Glad you are doing so well, personally, though I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother. What type of cancer is it?

Jacquie – Congrats on that lowest ever. What a great feeling that must be! I’m currently 55 lbs above my lowest ever, and I’m sure there will be quite the celebration when I hit that again.

Cyn – I hope everything comes back A-okay with your tests! I absolutely LOVE Yoga. It’s such a great stress reliever, and I always just feel incredible afterwards.

Debbie – Woot, another DDR-er! I loooove DDR! I play it on my PS2, though. I want to invest in the Wii version, though.

Erin – Hello! I don’t think I’ve ‘met’ you, so HELLO!

endthereign – Welcome back!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #29  

Greetings my Peeps!

Kayley - I have the DDR for PS2 as well. Of all the versions, I think that one is the best. The Wii one makes you use hands as well. OMG, I'm not that coordinated hehehe. I had to turn off the hands.

Luan, so wonderful to see you again! Oh my, you have your plate full (with biz and all the stuff you do!) You are such an outgoing person. Can you bottle that up and market it? I'm first in line if you do.

Welcome end! This year is the year for all of us here. Jump right back in!

Jac, so wonderful that you getting your groove going again with your juices.

Erin, get some rest! I'm glad working like that keeps you from snacking. The stupid vending machines start calling my name when I'm overworked.

Deb, I'm so glad you are back posting. I didn't know you diid Avon. Sounds like you are way involved too!

Cyn, you deserve a better GI doc. I have met so many docs that are weight prejudiced. I love my GI doc here and my PCP. I take prevacid daily and it's absolutely wonderful. I've used it for 6 years with no decrease in effectiveness.

w00h000 Desi on your progress!!! Keep it up girl.

GGG, kiss them furkids for me. Mine are doing great.

OhioAmy, hang in there girl. It's not about perfection. Baby steps.

Oh sharon, I'm so sorry about your back. I hear your pain and can empathsize. I've been having back issues for several years. The best thing that every helped wasn't docs, shots or drugs... but stretching in the shower while the hot hot water was on my back. I try to touch my toes and hold it for 60 sec. This stretches the hamstrings that seem to pull my back muscles downwards, relieving the pain. It takes about 2 weeks to get the knot out.

Chatkath, let's dance tonight (in respective living rooms.. hehe).

ProfHeather, how you doing? Still busy?

Catherine, you frozen up there?? Don't you dare slip on the ice. I'd tell ya I'd come up there and make you be careful, but um... I'd freeze in place halfway to your house. Plus, if I made it up there, I'd be afraid you'd make me serve popcorn and hotdogs at the games. hehe.

I think I have everyone. If I missed ya, it's only cuz my one brain cell is overwhelmed and wants to do some 80's music dancing.

Hugs to all, especially lurkers!
Ratkity
Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 322/322/185

Height: 6'

Hi, all! I'm new to 3FC, and today is my first day towards my mini-goal of losing 5 lbs. by next Friday. I wanted to just sit here (while my kids nap) and snack....but instead grabbed my computer and started browsing 3FC posts. Tonight I'm doing to exercise by walking for at least 30 min. on the treadmill at home. No gym for me since my hubby has a meeting at church. My new mantra is "one day at a time." I think I get overwhelmed at the amount of weight to lose and just give up before I even really try. But hopefully by one day at time and one pound at a time, I'll see a new "me" in the mirror soon.

Amy - Hang in there! If you're having a bad day, brush it off and start over tomorrow!
Closed Thread