Old 01-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #16  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

I'd go for tonight! The wii Fit is also very helpful in aiding weightloss! I purchased both my Wii and Wii Fit from Costco and they were priced as follows:

Wii : $198
Wii Fit Plus: $87.95
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

I got Just Dance free with the My Shape houseparty I did. I like it better than the Myshape game!
I love the music and I burnt 355 calories in 24 minutes according to my bodybugg display.
Love it! Go get it!
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Another option to add on later if you're body needs something different, is WII resort sports. The basketball 3 point competition is intense. I'm sweating buckets after ten minutes and the canoeing works parts of your arms you didn't even know you had. Ok, I know this sounds riduculous but has anyone tried WII cheer?
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Hey Im 31 years old and Im trying to get my best friends daughter to loan me Wii Cheer because I think it would be fun LOL
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 6"

I got it in the mail today! I LOVE JUST DANCE!!!!!

soulnik, I would say go get it NOW. You should expect that it takes a little bit to get coordinated between which button to push when and move but it will become second nature in no time. My favorites are the sports and now Just Dance.

I have wii fit but I haven't played it much. The Fit board has a max limit of 300 lbs. I just recently discovered that if you put it on towels it tricks the board to think you are lighter than 300. It makes the weight chart inaccurate but unlocks all the games.

This is my new favorite exercise!!!
chattykathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #21  

W00h00 ChattyK!!

I love it too. I have got to stop playing the same songs though . hehe. I do really well with Fame.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

nice name, ratkitten! lol
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #23  

I bought the Wii tonight! I LOVED the boxing and the tennis games. I nearly broke something trying to swing the bat in baseball. LOL! I loved it so much that I put my coat on, went back out in the cold and bough Just Dance. I'll try it in the morning. I AM SO PSYCHED!!!!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #24  

w00h00 soul for getting the Wii. OOooooo I love the boxing too. Ohohoh, and Wii Sports resort.. the sword fighting is cool.

Katkitten.. hehe, my nick is from my psychotic tortishell cat, Ratkity. She's crazy and only loves me. My whole family has Ratkity stories about how evil she is... yet she purrs and drools on me. She's 15 yrs old and still going. She's gotta stop getting ear infections and just had to have an ear hematoma drained and stitched up. That alone took 3 people to hold her down to take out stitches. lol..

Hugs,
Rat

edit: PS soul, I accidently "winged" my parrot with the nerf tennis racket. He wasn't pleased and fussed at me. It was so funny. I was playing with my 76 yr old Mom and she kept telling me I got a birdie.. lol

Last edited by Ratkitten; 01-13-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
You should expect that it takes a little bit to get coordinated between which button to push when and move but it will become second nature in no time. :
OK - gotta go play again - I haven't been pushing any buttons - just dancing and thought I was getting good scores - can't wait!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #26  

JUST DANCE ROCKS!!!! I just played it for an hour. I got a little irritated because I felt that it wasn't registering my movements. I moved my sensor bar around and it seemed to help...or maybe I just got better at it. lol. Anyway, I LOVE IT! I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 352/352/150

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Default motivated me soulnik

I have wii, but debated getting anything for it fitness wise because I've heard that being over 300 pounds, nothing really registers. But we play sports and bowling, and I am up and moving around.

What exactly is the Dance one? Do you just follow the screen? I don't need the fitness board, right?

I wanted DDR but never invested in it, but now that I am in a contest at the gym, I need something to get me moving at home as well. You really made it sound like a lot of fun.

My son works with a girl he grew up with, she put on about 200 pounds over the past few years, I feel for her... she got a wii fitness set up for christmas and can't use the board and the straps for sensors don't fit her at all, so I guess that made me reluctant.

Now, if you sensor bar is getting any kind of sunlight on it, it will make it harder to sense. We have to close our patio blinds that are behind the TV so that the sensor doesn't freak out.

Thanks again, you really inspired me to use my Wii.
thinchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:45 AM   #28  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, thinchickie! I started out with the sports-- bowling and golf are my favorites. I considered DDR, but it's really expensive with the mat, especially when I wasn't even sure if I'd like it. The Just Dance doesn't require any accessories and is scored based on the movement of the one controller. If you go to the Just Dance website and click on the different squares you can see people using it. justdancegame.us.ubi.com

BTW, you can trick the Wii fit board by putting towels under it. I have no idea why this works but it does. The board is safe for up to 600lbs (because of the weight when jumped on). It's just the software that stops it. It will show your weight as being less (I'm only 224 in Wii fit world but it will unlock all the games.
chattykathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 352/352/150

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Thanks. I am going to try it. I love wii bowling. I remember being out of breath when we first got it. I, also, heard that wii boxing is a great workout, I might try it.

The DDR I was going to get it at our used game exchange place, they had the entire set up for $75. I then was talking to someone at the gym, and she said she had one and they bounced around alot.

Until I lose more weight, I am bouncing in the pool. LOL But this was a great motivating threat because I completely never thought of our wii again. We play a lot of PS3.

I will keep you posted how this works out!
thinchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

With Wii Fit Plus, it registers up to 330 lbs without tricking it. Just as an FYI. I believe that's with the new board and everything.

I was able to start using the Wii Fit Plus at 335 lbs, though, because it weighs me less on it for some reason. lol. Not going to argue with it!

Also, I recommend EA Sports Active. Very good workout, and you don't need the balance board for any of the workouts!

Last edited by kayleystar; 01-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote