Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #76  

Height: 5' 6"

I'm glad to hear that, Bo. Keep us updated.

Week 3
Tues - 15/15
Thurs - 25/20
Sat - 25/15
Sun - 0/20
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Week 1 walking:

Sun 14
Mon 20
Tues 18
Wed 0
Thur 22
Fri 0
Sat 20 (4 mph!)
Total = 94 min

Last edited by Sskar; 01-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #78  

Good job, Jan!

Week 3
Tues - 15/15
Thurs - 25/20
Sat - 25/15
Sun - 20/20
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #79  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

So here's my weekend totals. I sure didn't set any records for speed, but at least I was out there!

Sat=10/10
Sun=15/15

YAAAAAAY!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #80  

Height: 5'2

Wow, Bo! That is just amazing to me. Now I feel bad about missing a workout because I had a toothache! LOL

Ok, so I have just found out that my community is hosting a "Biggest Loser" competition with a $500 prize. I'm wanting to entering it because I think it will give me a little more drive (having to weigh in with others and bc there is an entry fee I don't want to waste). Also, I've lived here for about 4 months now and have not made any new friends so this would be a great opportunity to meet people. My boyfriend and his friend say they will do it as well. This may sound stupid, but I'm worried about being the biggest person there. More accurately, I'm worried about being the only truly obese person there. and I won't be able to keep up in the scheduled workouts with people who only have 20 or 50 lbs to lose. It's silly, I know, but I really need to talk myself into competing!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #81  

Good job, Bo! You're setting the bar a little higher for the rest of us.

Kelli, you're more likely to win, especially if you are the biggest (but I'm sure you won't be). You can drop more pounds easier than someone who only has 20-40 lbs. The good news is that you won't need to keep up with the workouts the 20 or 50 pounders have to do. You can do less and lose more.
Keep us posted. I hope you make some new friends. (We just moved here 6 months ago and I joined a TOPS group to meet other dieters like me.)

Week 4
Tues - 25/25
Thurs - 0/20
Sat - 0/25
Sun - 0/20
Old 01-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #82  

I've been thinking about joining the TOPS group here as well. How do you like it? Is it useful?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #83  

The TOPS group here has been really good for me. I've done WW, PRISM and other hard core diet programs-- didn't work for me, too serious. This is a support group of a bunch of people who are trying to lose weight. I'm guessing each chapter is a little different but some things are the same for everyone.

This is what everyone does:
You privately weigh in and add the gain or loss to your book.
You have weekly biggest losers and prizes.
There are chapter, region and national biggest losers.
They have a great after program: KOPS (keeping the pounds off sensibly)
The annual fee is $26.00

Our group:
Each member takes turns doing some sort of informative presentation.
We play Bingo twice a month (everyone wins) and have 50/50 raffle tickets to raise money.
We are raising money to rent a house at the beach and go to the Regional conference.
Different members meet up to exercise together. I'm going to join the water aerobics next month.
Our monthly member due is $3

If you have any questions let me know. You should check it out. The first meeting is free.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:00 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
The good news is that you won't need to keep up with the workouts the 20 or 50 pounders have to do. You can do less and lose more.
You know, that makes a lot of sense. I'm just having these horrible flashback of jr high gym class - always being the slowest and weakest. LOL But I'm gonna try not to worry too much. I'm determined to make this a positive experience.

About the TOPS meetings...that is so inexpensive compared to WW. The only drawback for me is that the closest meeting is in the next town, but I guess I can handle that once a week. And maybe I'll meet some new interesting people there, too. Do you get any helpful materials like you do at WW meetings?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #85  

Kelli- Yes, you do get a packet of materials, ongoing info and info from the website.

Sorry I've been MIA. I always struggle this time of month. Aunt Dot always hits me hard-- usually have about 24 hrs that I'm just out of commission. BUT this time I dealt with it all and got right back to my routine! This is a BIG victory for me. I fed my salt and chocolate cravings in moderation. I got back to my daily workout and treadmill today. I feel good again!

Week 4
Tues - 25/25
Fri - 20/20
Sat - 0/25
Sun - 0/20
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #86  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hi gals - Seeing this thread makes me happy. I hate when everyone's stock answer to learning how to run is do couch25k. Like many of you that program was was too progressive for me as written. I was about 240 when I took up running and adapted another program that eased into it a bit easier.

Anyway keep it up you'll be running before you know it. It can be hard at first but it's so worth it in the end. I'm still slow but it's a work in progress.

Those BT programs are good I used one to do my first Sprint Tri awhile back.

Keep it up!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #87  

Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Idealmuse. It means a lot to hear from someone who has "been there, done that." We are all just slowly pluggin along, hoping to get there some day!

Kathy - I know what you mean. I have the same problem. Good for you getting right back into it. I haven't been keeping up this past week at all. But, I decided to enter the biggest loser contest. Our first weigh in is on Tuesday, so I've got to get myself together!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #88  

It's amazing how much just a few days break from the treadmill can make. I'm back on it but my progress has slowed. This time I know that it will only be a matter of a few days and I'll be feeling better and better. My mp3 player stopped working and I was using my daughter's- country... yuck. I got a new Sony Walkman mp3 player and got some of my favorite workout songs on it. So much better!!!

Tues - 15/15
Thurs - 0/20
Sat - 0/15
Sun - 0/20
Old 02-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #89  

I know what you mean. I took about 2 months break before I started this and it was SOO hard...like I had never exercised before! I'm glad to hear that you got back on it!!

Tonight was my first weigh-in for the biggest loser contest. Unfortunately, their scale differs from mine by about 3 lbs! The wrong way...lol I'm not surprised though. My scale has been slammed around by playing dogs and jumped on by playing children. I'm surprised it works at all!

Anyway, this ups my ticker weight The first BL meeting was such a surprise. The ppl running the contest expected 20-40 contestants. There are 170!! We are supposed to have group workouts, but I don't see how that will work with so many people. I'm very excited to kick it into high gear and really show myself what I can do. I'm tired of playing with the same 10 lbs over and over!!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #90  

Ok, so I've had to take a little break bc I had a very messy tooth extraction yesterday. I have been ordered by my dentist to wait two more days to start again. He's worried it will dislodge the blood clot. Soooo....I can't believe that I actually feel BAD that I can't work out. A few weeks ago I would have seen this as the perfect EXCUSE for being lazy. LOL
Closed Thread