Has anyone tried Herbal Life?

• I was thinking of trying the Herbal Life Diet Shakes? Any information?????
  • From what I understand you drink two shakes and then have a meal and perhaps one or two snacks a day?

Or are you just using the shakes as a meal replacement?

I'm assuming it is like Slim Fast or any other liquid program, even my juice feast, where you focus on liquid replacements for meals.
  • I tried it lost weight very quickly but was always hungry and have since gained it all back. I did lose about 15 pounds in the 6 week weight loss challenge that the herbalife distributor was hosting at the time. I try to keep carbs low so I opted for the lowest carb shake they offer and did the one shake a day instead of two option.
  • I knew a man back home in St. Pete who had lost so much weight on it that they used him in a national ad campaign. He later re-gained it all plus, to the point that he now is dying of fatty liver disease. I met him when my doctor wanted me to become his weight loss buddy.

I think it is like any diet, you can lose weight, but the trick is finding some way to keep it off. Diets that are designed around provided foods or shakes, have one defect in that they don't teach you how to eat properly once you stop using them. If you need to lose weight quickly for a medical reason, just go along with what your doctor suggests. If your doctor is okay with it, go for it.
  • I did it about 13 years ago. I lost a lot of weight, but regained it, plus more, very quickly. I also became hypothyroid, and I wonder if the Herbal Life had anything to do with it, since at that time the plan also included the ephedra pills with it.

I sure don't recommend it. Gets very expensive too.
  • Quote: I knew a man back home in St. Pete who had lost so much weight on it that they used him in a national ad campaign. He later re-gained it all plus, to the point that he now is dying of fatty liver disease. I met him when my doctor wanted me to become his weight loss buddy.

I think it is like any diet, you can lose weight, but the trick is finding some way to keep it off. Diets that are designed around provided foods or shakes, have one defect in that they don't teach you how to eat properly once you stop using them. If you need to lose weight quickly for a medical reason, just go along with what your doctor suggests. If your doctor is okay with it, go for it.
    I agree with this. A certain percentage of people will regain weight, with any program, and with faster weight loss programs they will regain it a bit faster. The first thing is you will always regain a certain percentage when you transition off of these types of programs. With my juice feast experience I regained 8 pounds right away, which was normal as I was eating solids again. I did not gain back the weight I had lost though and made significant life style changes, so my weight continued to go down, but not without struggles.

I'm still learning how to eat and though recently I have decided to do a modified juice feast (smoothie + juice) more so because I need a break from food for awhile and just want to cleanse myself, I don't think I would regain all the weight loss, if that occurs. The reason being is I do make changes and I have stuck with most of those changes so the weight doesn't pile back on. When I do struggle I usually struggle with regaining 5-8 pounds, losing it, then regaining it again. Like Catherine said, these programs don't really teach you how to eat and learning how to eat and make those changes, I believe, is key to any weight loss success.