Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Getting Fit after 40 #242

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #2  

Morning all!! I have the day off today and am hoping to get a lot of house cleaning done. Food has continued okay the past couple of days, but I forgot to hop on the scale first thing this morning...

As for my holiday, it will be quiet and I don't anticipate too many problems.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
I popped in and said hi last night....you can read my food confessions on the last thread.
Back to work....
Barb
Old 12-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Things are going ok here...just busy! Food has been good the last 2 days.I am into my flex points for the week but I start over on thursday..but im not worrying about the points on christmas eve or christmas day. Im hoping to get right back on track on sat.
I did some sewing today and got the stocking stuffers ready ...
barb- good to see you !!
heather- enjoy your time off...i know i plan to enjoy my time with no kids....
Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #5  

Smile Merry Chruistmas!

Merry Christmas!. Just popping in to wish all of you a happy holiday season. Ruth
Old 12-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

No WW tomorrow. I may try to go Sat. morning.

LOTS of challenges at work. I gave in to 2 donut holes one day and a little bit of home made Chex mix (my favorite!) today but I've counted them and avoided the real triggers: pepperoni, cheese and everyone's cookies. I'll admit I'm getting tired of talking myself out of binging but I'm trying.

We got about 5" of "Christmas Snow" today. White, fluffy powder. It's BEAUTIFUL and can stop now.

Wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #7  

Merry Christmas ...
Im waiting for my daughter and son in law to arrive...after this its non stop for 2 full days.I LOVE IT!!
I started feeling overwhelmed today with my to do list...so I put on some Christmas music and reminded myself the true meaning of the season and started thinking of all the wonderful things I have to be thankful for this year..i counted each of you!! I am so blessed to have my brother alive and my hubby after his bloodclots this year. I am thrilled with my granddaughter and can hardly wait to see my grandson in 6 weeks.God is Good!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that santa is good to you....
Old 12-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you! Relax and enjoy the next few days - take a deep breath.

I'm with Debbie - I have so many blessings in my life to appreciate each day.

Be warm - be well.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #9  

I'll only be in sporadically over the next few days... for those of you who celebrate, Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #10  

I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Christmas and is looking forward to a healthful, friend filled, 2010.

My Christmas food plan would have held together except a friend sent me a box of home made dipped chocolates that arrived on the 24th. I could smell them before I even got the package into the house. I even tried putting them in the bottom of the freezer but nothing worked. Over 40 hrs I ate every single one.

Oh well .... they're gone and I'm back OP. It'll be another year before I have to deal with them again.

Oops, the dryers calling. Gotta run.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 440+/387/175

Height: 5'4"

I had a really nice Christmas. The nicest one we've had in a while. I've been on this fast 5 program. Basically you have a 5 hour window of time in which you can eat then you fast for 19 hours. It sounds hard and unhealthy, but after reading the science behind it, it sounds legit, and it's been working pretty well. It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but the plan says it takes about 3 weeks for most people. You can eat whatever you want during that 5 hour window. I was able to work our Christmas meal right into our plan. This is the first Christmas that I didn't "cheat" on a diet. This isn't actually a diet, it's meant to be a lifestyle. I've been eating junk because of the holidays and I haven't gained. It says that you might gain the first 3 weeks because of going overboard being able to eat whatever you want. I've been going overboard, but I'm working towards eating healthy. Has anyone ever tried this program? I can see it being worked into a regular lifestyle.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #12  

Missina, It wouldn't work for me. I like a big breakfast with a reasonable lunch and dinner. I'd be gnawing on people and being a miserable b***h if I followed a program like that. Glad it's working for you though. Keep us posted.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume of "Gettin' Fit after 40"!
Closed Thread