Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie: So sorry about the crying. I have 2 boys..and when they hurt I hurt. Same with the furbabies.. hugs sweetie!

quiet: ahh thanks! I am glad I am an inspiration. I love this site..whether people are doing good or not so good I believe we inspire eachother. I didnt know you were in Tucson..I am in Scottsdale.

Jacquie:
I bet the cards turned out beautiful! I actually did a few in black and pink for V-day for the ones I send to the soldiers. They turned out so pretty!

As for me: Today my friend and I got the day off from work. We went for breakfast at Cracker Barrel..I didnt care for the food. But thats ok..didnt eat as much. Then we went and saw a movie..Brothers..was pretty good..the we went shopping. There is a place here..in Glendale..that has about 3 streets of old houses that people ahve converted into craft shops. OMG! With it being Christmas there was primitive country stuff everywhere! We were in heaven!!! I had such a great time! ALOT of walking too! Tomorrow I will finish up shopping for everyone and relax from it. Christmas is small this year..but that is ok..I am just glad I am here and my family. THAT is what is most important to me.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a fly-through post. My friend is up from St. Louis for a week, and we've been gone almost non-stop! We spent the day in Chicago yesterday, then went out last night to the drag show. Today we're going out for a friend's b-day, and even more stuff tomorrow. Heh. But, I was good when we were in Chicago, and I didn't even eat a slice of Chicago style pizza, even though we went to my FAVORITE place...Giordano's! I had a salad (which was probably the best salad I've had in my life!), and we did over 8 hours of walking! Heh.

Today, I weighed, and I'm down 3.6 lbs! Which makes me hit my goal of -50 lbs lost, plus 2! So I'm now -52 lbs, and extremely happy! This means I will be taking some pictures to compare, since I'm doing them every 50 lbs. lost. Oh, and I actually let full body shots of me be taken yesterday, which is something I've NEVER allowed. So I'll post them perhaps Tuesday.

Next goal? Another 50 lbs by my 24th Birthday! (June 2nd).

Okay, I have to get ready, because we're going out very soon. Have a great rest of your weekend ladies, and I'll be back full force on Monday or Tuesday!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #48  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Had our last choir practice today before Christmas, and we had a funeral at church, so we had to have practice at our leader's house. Someone brought cinnamon buns and s'mores from McDonald's and there were the typical Christmas cookie plate, and I passed on all of it. I dug an apple out of my bag. I got up to 1900 calories today, but it could have been worse. She offered a plate to me very quickly, and when I said no, she quickly moved on and didn't offer anything again. It sure makes a difference when you have supportive friends.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Quick funny story.. I was at Target yesterday doing my shopping..I was where the DVD's are. This YOUNG couple..I am talking early 20's was standing there. The girl says to her hubby ..Honey can I have the list?..He says what list?..She says the list I gave you this morning that has what we are getting everyone..so I look over..he is standing there with his EMPTY hands in the air and says I dont have any list...so with steam comming out of her ears she says..FINE everyone is getting DVD's then. HAHAHAHA she is young..she will learn to not give "him" the list to hold. It just made me smile..and we cold all use that right about now.

I am off to get groceries then brave the mall later with my aunt!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #50  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies. i dont post too often cause there isnt too much going on in my life atm and nothing much to say i guess. i havnt been on plan too much ... i have been so depressed which logically i know losing your mom and the holidays being here is good reason, but im so tired of feeling so sad... i woke up this morning determined to 'get back' into life. i am going job hunting tomoz.. prob wont have much luck as its the week of xmas, but it cant hurt to get out there and check out the sitch. one good thing, is i will be walking so that should help with burning cals as well as clearing my head.
i have so many things i want to try to accomplish this next year... one- i want to lose weight .. two- get my teeth fixed( they bother me more than my weight actually).. three- make new friends.. being out of the country so long i really dont know anyone in my home town anymore and it sucks not having someone to really talk to or do things with.. four- date.. i really used to like dating .. going out to dinner, movies, that thrill of the 'first kiss'.. but no relationships for me for a long long time.. im not going to say im never going to get married again cause everytime i say that i end up married .. 5 times under my belt and im only 45..the funniest /saddest part about that, is i decided at 22 i hated men(not anymore tho) and got fat on purpose feeling like men wouldnt want me if i was obese.. boy was i messed up and wrong... so i ended up being proposed to 14 times, only married 5 of em but have been huge for no dang reason... i have just gotten so comfortable in my eating habits now its hard to lose it. as well as the fact when you are 5'3 and weigh around 300 lbs its very hard to walk much less exercise..well, i should close for now.. i go forever not posting then i type your eyes out lol.. hope all are having a good day
Old 12-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Cyn - OHHH I love that idea for V-day ...haha yeah never give your guy the list. I gave my guy a list for grocery shopping and we were at the farm stand and it was windy that day. So, I got "will you please look after the list and not lose it?" he goes "yeah" so I give it to him and he takes it and tosses it into the cart and the wind starts to pick it up and I snatch it and go "I asked you to look after the list, not throw it in the cart, look away, and let the wind get it!" lol Amazing...I hold the list now lol.

Annie - I hope things are a bit better. Losing a loved one, pet or not, is very hard. I've lost a few animals in my life so far and the pain never was easy to get through. *HUGS*

Twilightwing - I lost my Mother in December, years ago, and I know it is hard, very hard, when the holidays come up. I myself struggle and I know it is hard. The holidays bring up memories, some good, some bad, and having to tread through them can be tough. I'm learning how NOT to live in my past, but lol that is easier said than done. I don't believe we can move on from things, but we can accept, grow, and learn and even forgive if that is what we need to do. I'm not "there" yet...perhaps I'll be somewhere when I'm 60. :P I heard wisdom grows with age, so I can hope! *HUGS*

WELL! I had a rough night...holy crap did I. So, you know how I'm like well allergic to things, food, products, the air, the attitudes of people, cleaning....lol...apparently last night I decided to "try some soy cheese" and then "have a vegan pizza along with." BIG MISTAKE! So, what ended up happening is I bloated up like a blow fish and air got trapped BEHIND my upper back and friggin' rib cage. The pain was so bad, horrible and it even made me cry (which doesn't happen as I have a high tolerance for pain) that the decision was made to go to the ER. So, here I am stumbling about after being in pain for 4 hours and seeing how I've never had this before in my life, I'm a bit freaked. So, I go downstairs, boyfriend is cleaning off a very snowy car in the night air and we are SNOWED in (which doesn't happen in NJ very often, not where we have lived anyhow) lol. So, I say finally, "honey there is no way this is gonna happen. it is okay i'll cope and if it gets worse we'll call someone." So he isn't happy, but he couldn't get out and the thing is being in the cold made me feel better. So, We go back upstairs and I sit in my computer chair and I start to sleep for two hours...then I go to bed...pain still there, but not as bad. Now it is almost the afternoon, just got up, and yes pain still there, but not nearly as bad.

So, I think my body sucks and like kicks me when I'm down, but yet I'm up and talking about it. Yeah and you know what else? I get the hiccups when I'm upset...so imagine me moaning in pain, crying from said pain, and hiccuping between those. Yeah it is a little funny and I hope that gives you all an overly dramatic picture lol... :P I'm just glad pain is starting to really go away. Thank god. I've never had air trapped in my body like that before...after talking to a nurse, it can happen to people and she is the one who said to go to the ER. We called a help line as I was unsure of what to do. I read up on this and I guess people get this after surgery and other things? Weird! DON'T LIKE! I've never had it before and hope there isn't a repeat any time soon!

I'll put that with Mono and the Stomach Flu then...few and far between!

*HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 12-20-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Cyn: those shops sound sooooo cool. I love that sort of thing.

Kayley: Great job having a salad! Huge congrats with all your wieght goals getting met and then some. I'm so happy for you.

Cath: I'm proud of you for passing the treats. Great job!

Twilight: Hugs hon.

Jacquie: Crying about loosing my baby helps honestly. As for the trapped air. The only thing I know for sure helps is walking, walking and more walking.

I am down another pound so that is 7 this week. I have changed my eating habits to be much better then before. I can honestly say I still have a long way to go to get my eating back how it was before the heart attack. I am trying to do one step at a time. I have 9 pounds to lose to get back to my 211 so I am at 220 this am. Joel came up behind me and said, step on the scale again. I did and he put his arms around me and lifted me up a tiny bit. I weighed 192.5. I wish! That would be awesome but it was a nice picture to see myself at that weight even if it wasn't true.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I am going to go get ready for church and then after church we are cleaning the rest of our house and at 6 p.m we are driving into Spokane to get my sister in law from the airport. The one that lived with us for 3 months is coming for Christmas. It should be nice, I hope. Christmas is super lean for us which is okay as for us it is about the Lord.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #53  

Jacquie,

You might want to think of keeping some GasX around. It really does help.

Hugs to you for having a bad night.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 12-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening ladies..I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I had a great weekend and it definately went too fast! but i am so excited because my eating was spectacular! I give myself 5 out of 5 for my eating yesterday and today. They had snacks and goodies and stuff but I had some mushrooms and caulflower with a little bit of veggie dip, some shrimp, and one rolled lunchmeat with a pickle and cream cheese ( id ont know what they are called) and that was it!! Then for dinner they made a spaghetti pizza casserole i had one little section of that along with a good helping of salad and 1 piece of garlic bread and i only went back for a second helping of salad and then they had a cake cause there was 2 people that have birthdays at the beginning of january and i took a small slice of cake but i took only 2 small bites and gave the rest to my husband and then i put gum in my mouth for the rest of the night!!!

And i got a very nice scale that measures weight, body fat %, and water % from the girl you got my name and that was one of the things i put on my list and i was surprised to get it but very very happy to get it!

So that was my weekend and now i am going to go relax and have some dinner.
talk to you ladies later
Heather
Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #55  

Well my peeps,

I am not a snow kitty! We got 24 inches of the white stuff. I dunno how Catherine and her polar bear survives up north. It took everything out of me to slowly and methodically shoveled the sidewalks, the front walkway and steps and the car. I used the "velocity snow plow" method to get out of the driveway.. hehe. A nice way to say I gunned it and hoped I didn't slide and hit the fence posts.

The doggies have been having a great time. I made them come in and warm up. Both dogs have a great time running in the snow and eating it and rolling around in it.

Jacquie, Annie is right about the walking and gas. I also heard getting on all fours and bending arms to put tail end in air helps as well (best way I could describe it.. I swear it works!).

Special hugs to quietlion and Twilight. I spent a year in depression **** and am now getting out of the other side.

Kaylee, w00h00 girl, you go!

Catherine, you are doing GREAT! I still have no clue how you survive the cold.

heatherb, did you have a bday that I missed? Happy day to you! You are doing so fabbo!!!

Azcyn, that was funny about the young couple.

I know I didn't address everyone. I read all your posts and am proud of accomplishments and always send healing and motivational thoughts to all who are struggling.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 12-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Ratkitten..no my birthday is in april..there was 2 people at the xmas family get-together who's birthdays are in the beginning of january and they bought a cake to celebrate their birthdays and every year we do a gift exchange where we pick names out of a hat and have to buy for just that one person so the person who got my name bought me a scale.

Well, gotta go to bed to get up tomorrow and finish some last minute xmas shopping!
Heather
Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Don't post here!!! It's time to break in a new thread!! Join us there.
Closed Thread