Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default No Longer MIA

Hey, guys, it's been a while since I've been here but as soon as I could get into 3FC again this thread was the first one I looked for!

I've been doing well. Enjoyed my visit back to Ohio to visit my sister and while I was there, saw an infomercial for an eating plan called the Food Lovers Fat Loss system. I had been getting extremely frustrated with Weight Watchers and how slowly I was losing (average of 2 lbs. per month) and so I invested in this new information and I love it. I'm losing every week and my energy level is up, I'm enjoying what I'm eating and I am confident I will continue to lose right through Christmas and beyond.

So that's my positive for the day -- I'm back and while I have some negative stuff to deal with in my life, who doesn't? I'm not going to let it affect what I put in my mouth. And life is good.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
Old 12-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s comments and so sorry I haven’t been posting too much. I’m getting ready for my long drive down the East Coast from NY to Key West and doing my Christmas preparations.

Somehow I seem to be doing things extra-slow, sigh. I wish I could clone your attutide right now, Carol, your high energy sounds fabulous! BTW, if you (or anyone else) plans to come to Key West, please p.m. me and I’ll give you my email and phone ... I’d love to meet you all! I’m not patient either, hope your ear infection and mammo issue are minor and go away pronto!

Maria -- good to see you, I liked your vacation photos.

Hi Ags -- I’m going to PM you my contact info, although I think you have it already as you know my website address. I want to tell everyone I may be slighly late on the greetings because I’m traveling, trying to finalize Christmas stuff for my family and ... well... I’m just sort of a late person. Fair warning. (Although I’m always ON TIME when I say I’m going to be, LOL!)

Learn -- you have probably been the “go-to” person in your family so long, they just expect you to do everything. I do so understand why you get sad ... hugs. I think Carol’s advice is good, your family needs to understand how you feel. The problem is, they will probably feel defensive. I think you are awesome. I would personally not know how to handle your situation very well, and defer to others for the best advice.

Donna -- glad you’re back and happy!

My positive is I have been taking a long walk pretty much every day. It gets dark here so early, about 4:30 p.m., I can hardly stand it. I can’t imagine what it is like in the middle of winter, it must get dark in the middle of the afternoon. I think this is contributing a bit to my sadness. I did buy some St. John’s Wort, it is supposed to be a mood enhancer.

I feel great today after two down days. This is my UP day, and it will be an UP week! Thank you all for helping me get in this more positive frame of mind.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #48  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

ggg- a duster is a long sweater almost the length of a short dress.typically they are like an over jacket type thing.. where they either botton up or tie around the waist they are so warm and very flattering on most figures I'm addicted to them - my winter is not complete with out one. here is a picture of one of the kind I got

my positive for today is I substituted in my old class today and all the kids were so happy to see they came runnign up to me and hugged me and kept saying over and over how much they loved me.. it was so cute

Last edited by mariamherrera; 12-08-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #49  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Well hey there pooky poohs,

I am soooo sorry but I cannot wait to tell you all my first positive of the day.........I am no longer freezing at home, they came a fixed our air ducts today and it is so warm and cozy and I think I am in Glory Land......... Wooooohaaa!!!!

Everyone
Thank you for signing up to do the Christmas Card Exchange. The only rule really is please be courteous to those who are participating and if they do not use their real name on the message boards, please do not use them in your posts. If there are any errors in your addresses please notify me and I will let everyone know…Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

Now for those of you that have already PM your full name and addresses, I have sent the list collected thus far on to each of you and will update it as I recieve more names to be added.

Maria, Shopping is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Especially when you only have to pay for half, what a Mom!!!! Now what you call a duster and what we called a duster in my days are two totally different things. I think they may like yours alot more than mine, but hey I love mine. My mom and my grandma wore what they called dusters and they were just plain old snap up the front housecoats. I think I have at least three. LOL

Learn, your feelings are not so different from the way many of us feel. We all feel taken for granted sometimes, miss used even, just plain long used, but darling what you do may never ever rewarded here on earth but soon and very soon, there is one who will acknowledge all you have done and you will have a crown. Keep your eye on the prize, mind you now, I did not say that it would be easy, but it will be worth it!!!! I am right there with you kidd-o. Hugs and kisses and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for being here for us each and every day and we appreciate what you do. I also agree with Carol, speak your mind, if you don't, they will just continue to think it is okay and you are okay with it.

Carol, so wise you are, wisdom just oooozes out of you. I love your tough questions, you keep it real for me and I thank you for that. I do hope that ear infection leaves you soon. Isn't is great to be thankful for the little things, warmth, food, and health, little but yet sooooo big!!!

CJ, you are the travelinest (is this even a word) person I know. LOL LOL Taint no grass gonna grow under those feet baby. Get it girl.

Lady (Donna), glad to see you back. Now don't go away again. Hope you join the Christmas Card Exchange.

Nooch, Hottie, Thighs, Shia, Fun, Betty, Nona, Bite, Mainah, babies come back, it gets lonely, oh so lonely, we all miss you more than you know. OH OH OH oH, that was a song and least in my head it was. LOL LOL Here is a smooch to each of you.

Now I have one more positive for the day.....I was in charge of asking Costco members a debate question....Is Civility Dead? If they chose to answer and would right it down and sign a conscent form, we would take their picture and out of all of them two oar three would be chosen and it would be put into our Costco Connection Magazine that is a pretty big. I got great people with great answers and it was just a lot of fun and very very intersting. I really enjoyed my job today.

I think I ate pretty good today but could have done better. If I do not release two pounds this week, I will not be mad because I know in my heart that I could have done better. Can someone send me some will power dust please!!!!!

Until tomorrow,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-08-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #50  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies!!

I have been one busy girl lately. Just a lot going on! And now, we have a blizzard going on outside. We have received at least 8 inches of snow so far and tonight and tomorrow the gusts (up to 50 mph) will be blowing it all into big drifts. I had to shovel a path just to take the dog out to poop!!

I really, really enjoyed reading your stories just now of how you have been blessing others you cross paths with. Truly an inspiration! And it is definitely the season for blessings.

Well you can see by my ticker that I finally reached that darn goal I had! Those last few pounds were tough. I am still at it!! Next goal is in my crosshairs. I am hoping to get to within at least a pound of 290 by Christmas. Now I am going to take it 20 to 25 pounds at a time for my mini goals - that last one was too big and a bit discouraging toward the end!

As promised, here are a few pics of me at my starting weight and at today's weight. I will leave them up for a few days and then take them down - I feel weird about pics of me out there on the world wide web of internets!! Please excuse my sweaty red face in the starting pics - I had just got done exercising. Now I could care less about exercising. Sheesh I need to work on that.. I know it is SO important. (trying to motivate myself there!) OH - and enjoy my ruined hair in the starting pics!! I am *just now* getting it to the length I ASKED FOR when I went to this stylist. She really butchered my hair this summer.

I hope you all are having better weather than I am. Our blizzard is supposed to last until late tomorrow afternoon. I think tomorrow will be a good day for the kids to work on our Christmas ornaments for the grandparents! We are painting wooden ones this year.

I will try to post more often now that the weather has trapped me inside. GRRR!

(I removed pics after 5 days)

Last edited by HotWings; 12-14-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Time to remove the pics =)
Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #51  

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,
Ahhh, Hump Day is finally here and soon we'll be coming to the end of another week. Let me get right to the personals.

gggirls- My family knows exactly how I feel. I have spoke my mind many a times. As for my son, when I spoke my mind the other day about being tired of being the head chef, housekeeper, etc..., he gave me the biggest hug and said, "thank you for being the greatest mom in the universe." He is truly the greatest kid in the universe.
Now as for you, you must get better and that's an order! I hope all is well with the test they run on thursday.

lady- Wow! Welcome back my friend. So glad the new eating plan is working for you. Please don't stay away so long next time, O.K.?

CJ- I seem to get a bit of the blues also when the days get shorter. I feel like I'm being shorted on my daylight time and time to get things done. Hope the St. John's Wart helps.

Maria- O.K. now I have to add my version of a duster since Ag's added hers. Being a former equestrian, a duster to us was a full length (to the ankles) leather or waterproof canvas jacket with a slit that ran up the back about as high as one's tushy butt. And an extra wide collar that draped off the shoulders. The slit in the back was so the person wearing it could sit on the horse and their legs would remain covered and the extra wide collar was so they could pull it up to protect the rider from nasty weather. My oh my, how times have changed.
I bet all those hugs from your former class felt so warm and loving. Theirs nothing like the hug of a child.

Ags- You really did have an awesome day yesterday, didn't you! I'm glad your house is getting warmer, cause "Baby, it's cold outside." Well for you all up north anyway. We hit 80 yesterday and more of the same today.

HotWings- I am so glad your snowed in! LOL!!! Now you have no excuse not to post. Have fun making those christmas ornaments, be safe and be warm. And also WOW!!! On your pictures, what a difference. Thank you for sharing.

As for me, yesterday I saw a psychiatrist! Yes, that's right, a psychiatrist! Several months ago I filed for disability and this was just routine I think or maybe because my dr.'s records show I suffer from depression. Anyway I was only there for 15 to 20 minutes and he asked basically the same questions my mom's doctor asks her for her dementia test. But all in all I am perfectly normal. That's my first positive. Next, I got half my son's christmas presents wrapped yesterday and I should finish the rest today.
That is it for me this morning. I hope everyone has a great day.

And don't forget, if you want to partake in the christmas card exchange to send your info to Ag's in a PM. I look forward to hanging my christmas cards around the entrance into my living room every year.

Remember...
ONLY 17 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 12-09-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all - we're sharing in HotWings blizzard today although she is in the brunt of it. DH left this morning at 330 and is out in it - haven't heard from him - that's good news. Kinda like the pap results used to be - no news is good news. I'm layered for warmth today - and my new cuddleduds fit great under my jeans - I think that means the jeans are getting a little loose.

Ags - I had to laugh - a duster to me is the same as to you! I don't have any but mom has plenty of them. Thanks for coordinating the Christmas card exchange.

Learn - if you get the wrapping done I could use some help - I'm the world's worst wrapper - when my nieces and nephews were little and stayed with me often I would have them color pictures on brown grocery bags and use them as wrapping.

Hotwings - your pictures are amazing. I'm with you - smaller goals are better for me too. I normally do 10% at a time although last time it took me forever to meet that goal.

I need to head out a little early this morning so will finish up personals later (or I'll try).

Be well - be warm.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, HotWings -- you are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! You are the epitome of "carrying your weight well". And the difference is amazing, you really rock. CJ
Old 12-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #54  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey there chickies,

FIrst of all, I must say, LOOKING GOOD HOTTIE, LOOKING REAL REAL GOOD!!! You are one hot mamma. You are doing a fantastic job. A blizzard, OUCH!!!! I cannot imagine and I am not trying to either, be warm my love.

Now Learn, I must say I too know of that type of duster too. When I think of those, I think of Val Kilmer and I'm your Huckelberry!!! My absolute favorite line from my favorite movie Tombstone!!! I actually bought my husband one of those. Way cool!!! Slso happy to know you are sane, but I knew that anyway!! LOL LOL

GGG, have an outstanding day today and try hard not to get snowed in>

Hey CJ, happy to see your face in the place baby.

My positive today is, I had another outstanding day at work today. Made the money, felt empowered and ate pretty darn good too. Ain't life grand!!!!!

Running off now to do some things,
so nothing left but hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #55  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

HOLA!

I guess dusters have evolved over the years! LOL..... I love them regaurdless!

Learn Sounds like you have a great son! I hope you get out of your funk soon! That what I call it when I'm in a depression.. My FUNK... I know they are so easy to fall into and then so hard to get out of.. and it seem like it just creeps up so easily.. I was in one a few months ago and I'd say until just a few weeks did I slowly start getting out of it..

My positive is I did a few loads of laundry, and got all my dishes caught up! They pile up so easily!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 12-09-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #56  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!

You girls are just so nice!! Thank you for the compliments about the pics.

learn: We did have fun making the ornaments. I always have the kids make something homemade for the grandparents each year as a Christmas gift from them. Where did that tradition ever go? Seems like today we always think we need to buy buy buy at Christmas. But I remember that one of my best Christmas presents ever was when my Grandma made me a "formal" dress to play dress-up in.. and another when my Mom made me a quilt for my bed. Those are the most cherished! I am glad you got a professional opinion on the depression - good to know everything is normal and to hear it from someone who knows what they are doing!

gggirls: I remember feeling like that about pap results! When you do your mini goals, do you do 10% of your body weight, or 10% of the amount of weight you need to lose? It is still bitterly cold here, but at least the wind has died way down. I should be able to dig out the car tomorrow! Where is one of those kind neighbors with a tractor & scoop when you need one????

CJ: Thank you so much! There is a big downside (at least to me) to "carrying your weight well". If I carried more of the extra around my middle, I'd be able to wear shorts & tank tops in the summer. As it stands, my arms are terrible and my legs are the same. I hate not being able to wear shorts because of that. I don't think I've worn shorts since I was in high school! And a swimsuit???? Forget it. It would be nice if I could just cut off my arms and legs!! But I need them too much.

Ags: You are doing fantastic!! What could be better than an awesome day like that! I just love all the bubbly posts from you.. they really make me smile.

maria: It looks like you had an awesome time on that cruise! And what a sweet DH you have. It looks like you are getting all caught up.. good thing because I need you to come catch me up.

For me: I was to have a "low" calorie day today and I came through with flying colors! Tomorrow is a "high" day.. w00t! I read a book by Wendy Chant - "Crack the Fat Loss Code". She seems to really know what she is talking about! The lifestyle plan she teaches has to do with cycling carbohydrates. I just don't think that will work for me - I need the freedom of calorie counting. I like to be able to have whatever I want as long as I count it. I geared up a little bit and was going to try it.. but I got the awful "omg I need to eat what I know I won't be able to have when I start this DIET" thought & all the feelings along with it. In the past, that always led to failure... and I know I would not like that as a lifestyle. So, instead of cycling carbohydrates, I am trying her type of cycle.. only with calories. I guess I will see if it works or not!

Have an awesome night/day and shake what your mama gave ya!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #57  

Good Morning,
Wow! Is it thursday already? This week is flying right past me. I must say it is nice to see the attendence up a little bit here on the positive thread. Still missing a few, Oatmeal, Katarina, SuomiSara, dgramie,nonabee, Shia, nooch, etc... I am sending out smoke signals girls. Look to the sky, your message is waiting. We are here for you.
Now for the present and accounted for. Let's get to personals.

gggirls- I love wrapping presents. I'm the one who takes forever on the giftwrap isle color coordinating my paper, ribbons, and bows. Even when I put the presents under the tree the presents have to be just so. I don't want all of one color wrap in one spot. Sure hope you got done what had to get done yesterday.

CJ- You are totally right, HotWings before and after pics are amazing. Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Ags- Another great, money making day at work, do I see a bonus or promation in your future? So glad work is going well.

maria- So glad the house work is caught up. I did the same thing 2 days ago and the laundry hamper is full already.
My funk is fading a little bit each day. You are sooo right, it sure can sneak up on you and send you into a tailspin. If I could take anti-depressants I would, but that's out of the question.

HotWings- Hey, Good Looking, what cha got cooking? Thank you again for sharing your before and after pics. You look amazing! As far as shaking what my mama gave me, I always do darling. Even without trying it shakes. As the character Norm (from the TV show CHEERS) said upon walking into the bar and someone asks him, "Hey Norm, what's shakin'?" His reply was, "Two cheeks and a couple of chins!"
Please keep us posted to how your new eating plan works. It sounds interesting.

As for me, I had a half hearted on plan day yesterday. I snuck a few candy canes off the tree yesterday and they were sooo good. I did get all my christmas presents wrapped and under the tree except one that came in the mail later in the day, but that one will get wrapped today. I am off to Walmart to pick up some healthy grub. I hope everyone has a great day and remember...
ONLY 16 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!Later - Learn

Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #58  

Stupid holidays, no one has time for 3FC!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #59  
Chi-town's finest!

S/C/G: 308/302/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Ags & Learn - please explain to me the christmas card exchange?

HotWings - congrats with the progress!

Where is everyone?
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonabee View Post
Hello all!

Ags & Learn - please explain to me the christmas card exchange?
Hi nonabee,
The card exchange is very simple, if you would like to send and recieve a christmas card from a fellow 3FC member just send your name and address to Ags in the form of a Private Message. She is going to private message the name and address list to those that want to participate only.
Closed Thread