Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #31  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

HOLA HOLA HOLA!

hey chicas!

Sorry I've been MIA.. but I got sooo frustrated with 3fc because every time I came and tried to post it either wouldn't let me log in or there was technical difficulties! did any one else have these problems? Today was the first time I could log in in ages! So I guess that's my number one postive! my second is I went on my anniversary cruise to mexico and it was sooo much fun I just got our pictures developed today and they turned out sooo good! We had a blast the weather was amazing and and the hubby got me some great presents!

How have you all been?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #32  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Learnie pooh, glad I made you do the happy dance!!!

CJ, Headed back to Key West again, ugh baby. Warmer weather is on the horizon for you, wooooohaaaa!! You are such an inspiration, getting things done, I think I should follow your lead.

Maria, do my eyes decieve me???? Yes we all had a few problems for a while but the fixed it. YA!!!! Glad you enjoyed your cruise so much, we want to see the pics, K????? I thought I was going to have to send out a search party for ya, but you are here now and that is all that matters. Welcome home.

My positive is .................I am working on the first of the first three pounds. Gonna lift a little weights while watching TV this evening.

Enjoy the weekend babies,
Check back in alittle later,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #33  

here is a link to all my pics from the cruise, there are also pics from my new york trip and from my florida trip if yo u want to look through all of them

http://www.flickr.com/photos/qupop/s...7622727569415/

Con mucho Amor,
Maria

Last edited by mariamherrera; 12-04-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #34  

Good Morning,
OMG! What a horrible night sleep I have had. Or maybe I should just leave the word sleep out of the whole sentence. I went to bed at 10 pm and woke up at 11 pm. I just can believe how dead tired I am, but how wound up I am at the same time.
Let me get to the personals.

maria- Welcome back girl. We have missed you. So glad you enjoyed your cruise and thank you for sharing the pictures. Looks like you had a great time and what a cute couple you and DH are. Happy Anniversary!

Ags- Thank you for my Queen of the Month Award. I'll take it!!! The cheer made me smile so hard my face hurt. It was a good hurt though.

CJ- Christmas in Key West, that sounds pretty good also. My idea of my perfect christmas is being snowed in, in a cabin on a mountain in NC with a roaring fire in the fireplace, no TV, my favorite christmas CD (Piano Winterlude) softly playing in the background, a big bowl of chicken velvet soup simmering on the stove and my DH, 2 cats (Gizmo & Vixen) and my dog Peanut all snuggled up on the sofa beside me. All while we watch my son unwrap his gifts.

Well as for me, I am doing somewhat better. Still dealing with somethings that are gonna take some time.
I am officially done with my christmas shopping for my son. He is so easy to shop for, I love it. Tomorrow will be set up the christmas tree day, if DH gets all the decorations out of the back of the closet.
Tonight DH, my son and I are going to a wonderful christmas musical called, "The Sights and Sounds of Christmas." This will be the 4th. year that we will have gone. It is held at the Word of Life Fellowship about 3 miles down the street from my house. One of my DH customer's gives him tickets each year, even when my DH transfers from one store to another, this customer tracks him down to get him the tickets. My DH is a 7-11 Mgr. and I guess it pays to give that Deputy a free cup of coffee each morning.

That is it for me this morning. have a wonderful weekend and remember...
ONLY 21 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

CJ - Christmas in Key West sounds wonderful. Key West is near the top of the list for our next travels. I'm not complaining about our winter cruise though - anywhere warm for me in winter is great.

Mariam - welcome back - can't wait to check out your pictures.

Ags - baby steps - you will release those pounds by staying steadfast in the good choice making department. Remember - you are not on a diet - you are changing your lifestyle.

Learn - the musical sounds wonderful. I loaded my MP3 with Christmas music and it really made a difference for me yesterday at the gym with my enemy the treadmill (only the enemy because I get so bored). It's great your shopping is done for your son - my DH is easy to shop for also but I end up always coming up with more things and shop all the way until Christmas picking things up for him. He on the other hand wants a very specific list for me - I really want him to shop from the heart - it's a yearly thing - lol.

I'm heading out to shop this morning - tonight we're getting together with friends. I checked out the online menu - there is not a single healthy option. Not sure what my choice will be but I had to quit looking as I was starting to drool.

Be well - be warm.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #36  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good afternoon my lovelies,

It is raining once again and it does not look like it is going to stop. I know we need the rain, but gosh darn it already, next we will need and ark. LOL LOL

Maria, I love the pictures, you had a ball, wish I had been there.

Hey Nooch, are you back yet girl? Are you working your bootie off??

Learn, sorry you did not sleep well, maybe you can sneak a nap in sometime today and that will cure all. You now my shopping is just about over too. I have never been this far ahead. Please tell me about this chicken velvet soup and sounds sooo inviting!!! Man oh man, I cannot wait for our ride out into the town and see all the sights and lights. ONe of my favorite things to do.

Carol, you are so right, baby steps darling and I have started out with a bang. Things are going so well. Hope you get all of your shopping done this morning. I have no doubts that whatever is there to eat you will make the best choices for you. Now get a napkin, wipe your mouth, and no more drool. LOL LOL

Well I made it thru the hem's and the boil and now I have been blessed with a cold, but the good thing is, I am right on top of it. Got my grape seed extract, my vitamin C, my zinc, and the promise from above that He will not put more on me than I can bare. PTL!!!!!
My Christmas shopping this year came about very strangely this year. I started out having three fleece blankets made for three specific folks, Mali, and two of my sisters. Well in turned into a snowball gone wild. Everyone saw them and everyone wanted one. Needless to say everyone in my family is getting one for Christmas but it has turned into a rather expensive venture. Almost done, only two more to go, that now takes the count to 14 blankets at say about 50.00 a piece, not what I had in my mind when I started, hey but they will be toasty and warm. I'll be broke but what the heck, right? LOL LOL
Now I am happy sitting here typing out my post on my brand new wireless micro soft keyboard and micro soft wireless mouse. You cannot even hear me typing it is sooo quite. Well that is enough positive for now, will check back in later with more happiness to share.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #37  

Learn - where are you? Coffee in hand waiting to find out how many days until Christmas it is. I hope you enjoyed the Christmas program. You have brought memories back with your Christmas countdown - my mom always started a countdown on my birthday - which was also when we always put the tree up at home (way back in the days of live trees) - my brother still follows that tradition. We didn't start counting until 9 days before though.

Ags - are you making the blankets? They sound wonderful.

I'm truly a pay it forward believer. I've had a couple of occasions that reminded me I want to share recently. I had a coupon for $10 off $50 purchase at JCP - I walked the store picking up this and picking up that and came to the conclusion I didn't really need it and would give it to someone I saw on the way out that had little ones or a full cart, etc - didn't see anyone meeting that criteria as as I was leaving the store 3 generations of ladies from a family were coming in (reminded me of mom, me and a niece) - I asked them if they planned to spend $50 - here was a coupon - they were tickled - no big deal right. I walked next door to Best Buy - spend $8 and received a $40 gift card for being the customer of the day. OK - coincidence. Yesterday in my shopping trip I found lots of things (all for others) and had a full buggy - as I was putting 8 pairs of gloves up I asked the clerk to sack them separately so I would quickly be able to put my hands on them as they were for a needy family we are adopting. When she finished ringing up the order I handed her my $20 Kohls cash and a 15% off coupon - she then took off another $20 Kohls cash and another 15% - I questioned her (yes, I'm one of those people who wants to pay what they owe) and she simply said "God bless you for helping those in need" with the most genuine smile I've seen from a stranger - at that moment we were not strangers. I told her we are well and we are warm and want for nothing - we are blessed and if we can't do something for those less fortunate it is a sad day in my world.

That drug on a little too long but I really wanted to share the spirit of the season I'm experiencing.

Be well - be warm.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #38  

I'm here, late, but I'm here.
Just having a bad morning emotionally, but my positive is I made it here for a little uplifting support.
I hope everyone has a great sunday and remember...
ONLY 20 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #39  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey ladies,
I am breaking my promise to mu husband today, I just had to post.

Carol, after reading your post I felt so warm and so uplifted, I just had to post. That is what Christmas and really all year long is all about. I believe that is what Christ wants from all of us, to care, share, and to spread his life style, for that is exactly what he has done for us. Your kindness made me think of how the little things we do for others, that may seem small to us could just mean or be the world to some else. I was in Wal-mart a week ago, I was standing in the check out line where there was a lady standing there in front of me, I over heard her tell the cashier to watch and go slowly for as she only had a certain amount and no more. She stood there with rolled coins in her hand, as the cashier rung her purchases, she quitely told the lady that she had reached her limit, and she looked so sad. She had some chicken and a few other things left. I winked at the cashier and told her quitely to add her other items to my ticket. The cashier leaned over to the lady and discreetly told the lady that I was going to pay for her other items, the lady looked at me and being ashamed I guess said no that was okay, that she would be alright until she got her next unemployment check which was more that a week or so away. I gently said to her, let me bless you today, and that it would give me great joy to help someone else, for I am always being blessed. She smiled with tears in her eyes and hugged me ever so tightly. So you see, what we do truly does touch each others in ways we do not know. Carol, thank you so much for sharing and thank you for paying it forward to me. Your heart is so big and full, what a blessing you are!!!!!

Learn, So happy you made it here today, and I will be praying for you still to feel better dreal real soon. Youdr time is at hand, just hold on.

Oh Carol, No I am not making them my self, it really would have saved me a bundle, but my friend is in a finacial bind right now, so I acted like I did not know how and asked her to do the labor for me. I buy the fabric and she does the work. It helps her out without her knowing what I am up too because she would never have just taken the monies from me, way to proud.

Well ladies my positive is that I have been right on point today and four more days to go. Keep me in prayer young ladies. Okay gotta go, don't wanna push it with daddy.

Later taters,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 12-06-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 AM   #40  

hola my chickies!

ags and ggg Your stories were both truly touching! It's so refreshing to see there are other in this world who are so self giving!

My positive was this weekend I was able to really help my boss out. The lady I nanny for on fridays. her and her husband have been trying for another baby for about a year now and she foudn out last week she was pregnant but unfortunately on friday she miscarried.. she was devastated. SHe called me up super depressed on friday and asked if I coudl watc hehr daughter so she could go to the doctor for some tests and of course I did when she went to pay I said no.. not today.. we are friends today not boss and employee and friends don't charge for emergencies.. I also took her daughter out on Saturday(my day off) all day so she could be alone at the house to recoup and relax again I would not accept payment.. she was s o grateful she grabbed me and hugged me and started crying. Please keep her family in your prayers! They are just crushed right now. But my positive was I was able to help them out while they were in need and It felt really good
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

I just love everyone’s kindness stories. It is making me more mindful about doing good in this world. Thank you all.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #42  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey pumpkins,

It was brought to my attention today of a great idea, I hope each of you will think so too. It is a Christmas Card Exchange for all of those who would like to participate. Okay, from my understanding this is how it works. All that want to participate, PM me or email me your full name and addresses by let's say Dec. 15th and all the names and address that I recieve I will PM the list to each of you and then we can spread some Christmas joy to each other. I think this is such a fantastic idea, thank you Carol. I would love to send each of you darlings a tangable Christmas card from me that you can read over and over and keep, a true piece of me. Therefore if you want to do this, get those names and address to me as soon as possible.

My positive for the day is...........I ate a few cookies, NOT THE WHOLE BOX!!!!! and the second one is.............the heating guy comes tomorrow to fix the two collapsed ducks under the house, I will not being freezing anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! Burrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Maria, what a wonderful thing to have done. All civility is not dead!!!! What type of people would we be if someone came to you and told you they were hungry and we replied, God will take care of you and supply your needs and sent them away, still hungry. We are the supply, you meet that person at their point of need and they will be blessed and so will you.

CJ, hey there girl. I love it when you peek your head in. Be blessed baby.

Learn, sending hugs and kisses and pain releiver's your way!!! Missing you and praying for you too.

Sending out shout outs to all of our MIA's. Come back now, ya hear!!!!

Alrightie darling, be back tomorrow.
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #43  

Hola hola! where at my girls at? it's been kinda empty in here!!!

Ags- So glad you were able to stop at just a few cookies! that is so hard to do sometimes!

My positive today was because the weather is getting so cold here and I noticed I only had 2 sweaters in my entire closest and NO winter coats I went and got some new sweaters and some warm hoodies and some dusters ( I love those) I told my mom I was going shopping and she met me at the store and she paid for half of my clothes! i did not even expect that! It was so nice and now I can stay warm and cozy all winter! My mom still likes to treat her baby girl every now and that and that is another positive that she did that for me! because since I nannied for my boss with out pay I was a little strapped for cash this week too! paying it forward is a great thing! because i helped them my mom helped me It all works out some how!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 12-08-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #44  

Good Morning!
Sorry I missed yesterday, I just didn't have a positive moment and I felt kind of negative. I didn't want to bring that to our positive place. So I am here today and that's a positive thing. I do hope you all don't think less of me, but as I'm reading all these kind, pay it forward things everyone has been doing, I'm feeling kind of selfish because of the way I've been feeling lately. As I mentioned several days ago I came out of the thanksgiving holiday severely depressed. One of the main reasons is I planned and shopped and planned and shopped to make sure a fabulous meal was on the table for thanksgiving and the only one that thanked me was the one surprise guest I invited for my mom. Not one offer to help with cooking, dirty dishes, or cleaning the house from my family members. And between the care of my mom (which depresses the poop out of me because she's like a stranger most of the time), the cooking and cleaning I've been feeling like, "Hey, what about me? When is it gonna be my turn?" I love my family, but right now I just don't like them very much. Am I wrong for feeling that way?
Well that is my reason for my sporadic visits to 3FC. And now I've whined enough, let me acknowledge my friends here on 3FC.

Maria- You are so awesome for helping out your boss the way you did.

Ags- You also are awesome. I have been there a time or two when money was sooo tight and had to stop midway through my grocery order. Great idea for the card exchange, I sent you my information.

ggg- Your right, it would be a sad day when everyone stopped helping the less fortunate.

CJ- I felt the same way when I read all the "pay it forward" moments. I just have to keep reminding myself that things could be a lot worse and there are a lot of people out there who are worse off then I am.

That is it for me, I hope everyone has a great day and remember...
ONLY 18 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!
Later - Learn

Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #45  

Learn - first and foremost I'm ecstatic to you - I've been concerned. I think what you are feeling is very natural. Now - tough questions if you don't mind - have you told your family about your feelings - making sure they had a wonderful holiday - all the planning, cleaning and cooking their special dishes and no mention of help or thanks? If not my friend - how can you make it better if you don't express it. I know you want your son appreciating the nice things people do for him in life - I'm sure you can come up with some way for him to learn this life lesson - it will carry him through life feeling better both about himself and others. Maybe along the way while he learns how far a simple "thank you" goes others in the household will catch on. Hugs to you! I'm also guilty of those same feelings and I get quite an attitude - I must admit with my newfound energy I'm quite a force to be reckoned with - I expect them all to perform at my level - poor things they never get a break.

Ags - I'll PM you my info - when we have done this before on the other threads it was such a feeling of truly touching each other.

CJ - great to see you!

Mariam - OK - what's a "duster". How sweet of your mom. I don't necessarily subscribe to the pay it forward idea but it certainly is all around us. When I was a kid my mom would do things for strangers with a comment like "people helped my parents when I wasn't able to and I want to do my share". I find myself almost weekly helping an elderly person load their groceries into their car or out of their carts - sometimes a little more. It's really not for them - it's for me. The smile they offer warms me all through the day.

My head is in such a good place right now - food and exercise are easy (knock on wood). Energy and confidence are great. I have a few challenges facing me health wise right now - the pesky ear infection continues to worsen and there are some problems with my mammogram from last week - further testing is required on Thursday. I'm reminded of my own words from last week - we are warm and we are well. I hope I can continue to remind myself of that through this waiting time while I heal - I'm not a patient soul.

Be warm - be well.

Last edited by gggirls; 12-08-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Closed Thread