Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nancy -- I got into a place where I wasn't caring too and it's really scary!! Proper headspace IS hard to maintain.

I hope you can come back here more regularly!! We'll help you and you help us!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #17  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Ah its so nice to hear from you Nancy Huge hugs. First off seriously I identify so much with what you are saying about how u feel having regained lost weight....I think trying to deal with this is actually more important that the ability to lose large chunks of weight quickly as for so many of us who are or have been seriously heavy it is something that can derail us time and time again.....I am still struggling with the best way forward. For myself I decided a while ago, that losing weight really slowly is the best way for me (not saying so for everyone) but when I can move slowly downwards I don't seem to then have this backlash where I pedal backwards furiously for some unknown reason.....

I know I would have surgery if I could as I think that is probably the easiest way for someone who has been obese especially if very obese to lose weight and then maintain it. But even then it doesn't seem 'easy'.

Sooo in my very humble and imperfectly formed opinion, us ladies need to be here for ever really, not while things are going well, in fact thats when we need it the least. Most of us have not got to 300+ pounds without cycles of weight loss and gain, and therefore all of us can accept the ups and downs of combatting obesity which is SUCH a challenge.

Your thinking about high GI carbs is interesting for me, because that is totally where I am at now too. I read a very interesting book by Gary Taubes which I really enjoyed and believe more than ever that carb+fat+insulin is a large component in the pandemic of obesity in society. I now eat much less carb in general, and for example just don't buy bread any more and am finding my hunger much decreased and long term slow weight loss for the first time in a long time.

I also find, this only for myself, that the more strict and sudden a diet change, the more likely that I will rebel and start fighting with myself for control..I feel that the changes I make need almost to be so subtle I can't feel them, but build on them, for example, reduce cals/carbs,but gently and once I can deal with a lower amount, move to decrease it further.....

Sooo anyway, fantastic to see you and I personally want to partcipate here more because I feel that the support network of people who really KNOW my struggle with weight is a huge asset that I should invest more time in.

Love and welcome back

Emilymay xxx

Last edited by emilymay; 10-17-2009 at 05:44 PM.
emilymay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Nancy, I remember you when I lurked around, before I was brave enough to start posting lol.

I myself struggle with carbs and once I start eating them I tend to sort of "stick with them" for awhile and find my weight stalling or going up. I don't think I can be best friends with them either lol. I think we all struggle from time to time, I do, and I think it is rare that a person doesn't.

I hope to see you around!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Nancy, I am so glad to see you posting. I fell off the wagon after hitting a BIG stall while doing low fat and low cal and I gained all but 30 lbs back, but I did some research and found a much better "fit" for me in low carb...Atkins to be precise and I am now at a lower weight than I ever was doing low cal/low fat. You need to find out what works for you...and for me it was ditching all the processed foods and eating clean and avoiding sugar and flour. I am also exercising which has helped as well.

Find what works for you and work it....and post when you can. I am the worst at doing that, but honestly it keeps me on track to post...and if I can't do that I try to get on to read...again lately its been crazy for me and I have not been here in a while, but I am going to try harder!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #20  

Tortis! (((hugs))))

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Tortis! (((hugs))))

Luv,