Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Getting Fit after 40 #232

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning! Happy Monday?

Another busy week ahead, but I feel somewhat centered still. Scale didn't budget yet, but I can beat the I'm going to keep fighting the good fight!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Glad to be back in routine with kids today. Last week was nice being off work but I sure do better with routine!!! Back to healthy eating today!! Hubbys glucose is up so he is going to be trying again also. Its so much easier when he tries also!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Just a quick hello. Haven't been around for a while.

Hope you are all doing good and staying out of mischief )
Old 10-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Busy weekend for me. Had a slight slip yesterday. I'll just say it involved chocolate and let it go at that. Chocolate is now on my Trigger Foods list.

I'm off this week and will do my best to stay OP. Today's laundry day. Tomorrow is shoe/sneaker shopping.

ttyl
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

A quick hello to all my wonderful friends!

I'm having lunch at my desk and then digging back into work. Busy day.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy Monday!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Seems we are all in our quiet times. Things going well here - fitness class cancelled so I bundled up and took the pups for a nice long walk. Something wrong with bundling up in October.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Where is everyone? Come out and play!

Good day here! I had a great session with my trainer and we had a good heart to heart talk about where my head has been. I've got to get back to what I know works. I have to really get my food in line and crank my cardio back up some. I want the rest of this weight off!!!

I'm watching the Phillies game. Ugh...they are killing me. The game was theirs for the taking.

Anyway....I have my evening snack all prepped and ready. Then I will not eat another bite of food! No snacks will call my name. If I need something it will be a cup of hot tea. That's That!

How was your day? Everyone make good choices?

Pop your heads in and chat.

Catch ya later!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

I'm still here -- have pretty much been holding steady for almost a month -- many reasons, none unavoidable, many truly difficult. Ready to be back at it. I think it's legitimate to take a pause every now and again, as long as it's not forever and not involving backsliding. It took me a little while to persuade myself of this, but I think I've finally succeeded Tomorrow is our first appointment with our new trainer -- hopefully it's awesome. Great food planned for this week...looking forward to it, hope I can stay on plan.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #10  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey girls! Checking in from San Diego. The boys and I got here a couple of hours ago. It was a looooooong drive and my backside aches. We managed to get here without overeating and junk food. I packed healthy snacks and water bottles. When we got to the hotel, we had dinner at the cafe. I ordered a salad and tortilla soup. I really want to go out for a walk, but it's dark and after 11 p.m. now. Sleep is probably the best idea for now.

But I'm too excited to sleep! I got an email from Nature Made today. They've got a contest to find someone who will blog daily, for six months, about natural ways to stay in a good mood. And it's a paid position! So I wrote an extremely long list of reasons why I should have the job, it's posted to their website, and now I just need all my friends and cohorts to vote for me so I can pass Phase 1 towards getting the job.

So, will you vote for me? I hope so! You've got until October 30th to vote. The site allows one vote per IP address per day. So if you know some people who would be interested in helping me, by all means lead them to the link and ask them to vote for me everyday as well. So far, the leader has over 2,000 votes. We've got some catching up to do!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #11  

Hi..just wanted to let you know I will be without my computer for a few days( praying its only a few days).
I promise to behave and stay OP. I had a long heart to heart with my sister today and Im ready to do this again..she pointed out my choices are lose the rest and keep it off or gain it back plus more. Been there and done that before and refuse to do it again.
For me the basics are watch sodium, eat veggies, lots and lots of veggies, drink my water..easy part, exercise daily which is really hard for me. I also have to be sure and weigh my meat..something I slack on often. I also know even though my calories have been right I am eating to many processed foods.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Just wanted to check in and say I'm still doing well. Eating hasn't been a problem since I got back on the metformin. Seems to really curb my appetite which is such a blessing!

I'm getting sick though. I woke up with a sore throat...poo!
Suppose to be going to California to see my son and dil in two weeks so hopefully it will be here and gone by then so I can enjoy my trip.

Glad to see so many having heart to hearts with loved ones to get them going again.. Nothing like caring people to hear us and help us thru the hard times.

Well, better go and get another throat lozenge...herbal of course!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #13  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Debbie, where does your son live in California?

Debi, glad to hear you could talk with your sis and get some clarity and refocus on your goals and efforts. Having a live body to talk to is good for instant feedback!

Today my sons and I went sailing in San Diego harbor. I have to say, that was an amazing experience! I always wanted to go sailing, but wasn't sure if I would get seasick or if moving my big backside around the boat would even be possible. Well, it was completely possible. We actually did some of the work on the boat, so it was great to learn that even at 305 lbs., I can learn to sail and be an effective crew mate.

The boat actually had won the America's Cup in 1992, so she was a fast boat! We got her up to 12 knots. My arms (biceps and triceps) are sore, as are my knees and calves, but I don't mind it at all because I was doing something I knew I was going to love.

I did learn something, however. It's better to have friends who sail and invite you to crew for them, often, than it is to own your own boat. I used to want to build and own my own boat, but I am happily giving that dream up. Because I suck at maintenance!

Been keeping the meals light during the trip, except for dinner tonight. Went to a Ruby's Diner and I had the turkey pot pie. I didn't eat all of it and yet I still have heartburn and a lump in my stomach. Back to the veggies tomorrow! We're going to walk the whole zoo, about three miles.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Georgia, He lives in Long Beach. We used to all live in California in Riverside County but we moved up here to Washington 6 years ago.

Sounds like it was fun on the boat! Nope, you don't want to build a boat...lol...lots of work. My parents built two and I helped on the first one. It's a never ending job of upkeep even after its built. Enjoy someone elses!!

Cold weather is settling in so I've got a yummy stew in the pot cooking away. I'm sick too so it just sounded really good and something hot to munch on.

My hubby is so cute. We had to go out and deliver Avon today and I didn't want to go to the customer's houses and get them all sick, so my dear sweet Jim went and delivered for me. I'm sure some of my customers were nicely surprised when a good looking guy comes to their doors bringing them their products.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #15  

got my computer back and WOW its fast!!!
Still got to get things like I like them with it.
I had another great day of eating healthy.
Got a little exercise, but have spent to much time messing with the computer tonight.
Closed Thread