Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1232

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Annie ~ What a difficult situation! Maybe another doctor will have more positive things to say. You have done such amazing things for your body and health... You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #3  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

I just went on a mad eating rampage! Luckily all that was in the apartment was tomatoes and tuna, so I did minimal damage!

I am craving steak something fierce. How do you guys get through cravings?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello hello! I hope you all had a great weekend! I spent most of mine catching up on some homework, and just relaxing. Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred is finished. Woo!

Sharon - Hope by this time you've got all that taken care of!

Pink - JUST SAY NO! lol. I know how difficult that can be. They always smell so good. My boyfriend always has yummy food at his house, and it's a huge temptation every single time I go over there.

As for cravings, I just ignore them. Easier said than done, I know. Usually, I'll drink 16 ounces of water, and I'll be fine, or I keep sugar free gum on hand, and it's super yummy flavors help me forget all about those pesky cravings!

Everything in moderation, I say. If I want a piece of candy, I don't restrict myself from it. But in the end, it's not worth it to be out those calories for the day, you know?

Jacquie - I'm not big on sugary things either. I'm more of a salty person. Too much sugar just gets to me, and gives me a headache.

Heather hb - Congrats on the jacket fitting. I usually don't try on my smaller clothes until I'm down a certain amount, because I know my body, and how it loses, so I don't even want to try on something just to not have it fit, and it send me into a depression. Heh. But when they do fit...oh, it's the best thing in the world! I have a shirt in my drawer that I bought 3 years ago. I have NEVER been able to wear it. In about 30 more pounds, I think I will be able to, and that makes me quite giddy! This time around, I can actually see a change in my body (mostly in my back, as that's where I carry most of my fat).

Annie - Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear all this. I am keeping you in my thoughts, and definitely go with that second opinion. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave you with *hugs*. You're amazing, Annie.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #5  

I have tried to find good replacements for my cravings. If I crave a big mac I make a turkey burger big mac. If I crave cheesecake I go get a cheesecake flavored yogurt. It doesn't always quite do the trick though.... I have yet to find good replacements for my fried food cravings, which are many. lol.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #6  
Just keeping on truckin'

Kayley - What is the 30 day shred? is it an exercise thing?

Hippiemama - That's kind of waht I did! I figured that I was craving either salt or iron, so I had some broccoli and some tomato with salt on it (I know salt isn't good, but it's better than devouring half a cow). I feel better now. The tuna helped a bit too, so maybe I was craving protein.

I am making dinner for my dad and I for Thanksgiving today. I haven't settled on what I'm making yet. My dad is a huge health food nut, and is getting more anal as he gets older. He won't eat anything unless it's really LF, low sodium, low sugar, etc. Do any of you guys have any good recipes I could make that would be low calorie and low fat? I looked over in the recipe section but didn't get inspired. He doesn't eat red meat.

If it were up to me and calories weren't an issue, I would totally make a steak. Ummm... can you tell I am fixated on steak tonight??? I am trying to concentrate on the world's most boring textbook on ancient Israel, and all I can think about is MEAT. Arg.

I am also still feeling guilty about the entire bottle of white wine I drank last night, and the fact that I didn't get up all day, missed church, and missed lunch with a friend today to hide in bed and nurse a hangover. Bleh. Now it is 2:30 am and I am wide awake. Oh well, a few more chapters of my textbook will put me to sleep. heheheh.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie BIG HUGS, I think that Dr needs a slap! You've lost 'two people' from your body so that has to help & as Ratkitty says bodies have a way of compensating. A second opinion is needed, I'm sure it won't be half as bad, after all if you were ok at 500lbs, survived surgery, lost the weight things have to be better than they were for your heart.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kayley hubby will be getting the fusebox thingy sorted this afternoon, HOPEFULLY!xxxxxx
Pinkflamingo, steak isn't bad, at least grilled with fat removed & served with salad, wish my cravings were for steak!! I want white bread rolls SMOTHERED in butter, with a side of chips!!!!xxxxxxx
xxxxxsharon
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Morning all,
Annie Hugs prayers are with you. Everyone else a big hug, I know I haven't been around for a while but I took time away from everything for me to refocus. I am down a pound , so have been on track, my appetite has become non existent. DBF comes back from Italy on Thursday late he has been gone for a long time. I hope everyone is well and will try to post more often.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Pink - Food cravings are tough, but the thing is with me I tend to get cravings when I'm hormonal. They come on strong and mostly it will be for something a bit sweet and carbs. However if you're craving something like a steak, that isn't really unhealthy. You get a serving of very lean meat and make a steak for yourself that week. Maybe some grilled veggies on the side, a salad. So in that respect I don't think you need a substitute, but for other things finding ways to get around them is an idea. Craving fries? Try alternatives, etc. That is approaching things as a problem/solution. I don't really feel guilty if I eat a fry or two. I do feel guilt when I eat things that are fueled by my emotions, which is a problem for me. I also feel guilty when I continue to feed my emotions rather than deal with my emotions, if that makes sense. If I'm craving something sweet, then I'll have something sweet and that could mean many things. In the beginning I just said NO to my cravings, gave in a few times, now I try to be more practical in finding solutions and to be honest I think most of us are like that. Kaley mentioned gum and other ideas, HeatherB mentioned yogurts and things they use for alternatives. I don't see the point in making myself crazy thinking about one thing all day when I can satisfy myself with something healthy or an alternative. Or even a splurge now and then. I mean when I go see family I usually make some sort of dessert, so I can have my sweets then.

Got up late today, not too late. About to do some dishes and have a smooooothie. I'm feeling the FRUIT FRUIT call today. Going to have a green smoothie for lunchy.

Weight is up, bloating is up, but it goes with the upcoming TOM I believe and I did make some poor choices the past two weeks with food. So, I need to refocus and get it together. It is the stress and things that I can't deal with and to be honest trying to deal with things with food isn't working anyhow. I feel worse afterward. I'm starting to see that what I need to do is work toward changing my situation and regaining my independence...that alone is a huge positive.

So, up and waking up.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies...Did my 3 mile walk today and feeling good as usual. Its gonna be a busy and exciting week for me! My moms sister comes into town tonight until wednesday and im looking forward to seeing them plus my mom is having some cousins over that havent seen her in awhile and i havent seen them in awhile either so i cant wait to see if anybody notices any weight loss and then this weekend we are getting together with the husbands parents to go to dinner saturday night before they leave for florida for the winter ( they will be back for xmas) and then sunday is his dads side of the familys get together which they usually have in december but because there is a good chance of bad weather they decided to change it to october so its going to be a busy and exciting but im looking forward to it all!

Also, my hubby is taking me to Old Navy and going to buy me a couple of fleece sweatshirts for sweetest day and give them to me early so i can wear one tomorrow im so excited about that so tonight after he gets off work we will be going shopping! ya know its weird i use to hate shopping for clothes for me but now i am starting to like it i can only imagine how excited i will be to go clothes shopping after i lose all my weight!

Sorry to ramble
have a great day ladies
Heather
Old 10-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #11  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Annie, just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you. You're an amazingly strong and beautiful person, so please don't lose sight of that. Definitely get a second opinion. Find a cardiologist who cares, and who will help you figure out your options. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I am here if you need someone to talk to.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #12  
Just keeping on truckin'

I biked for half an hour today! I had to come back and lie down because I thouht I was going to pass out. Heh. But I didit.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I had a wonderful afternoon/evening with my husband today...he took me to applebee's for dinner to celebrate sweetest day early cause we will be out of town this weekend and we went to old navy but the fleece sweater didnt look good on me at all it was too tight so i told him to forget it but he ended up buying me something that i wanted even more than those sweaters..at CVS he bought me this thing they have called Xtreme Fitness it is a mat that you attach to your tv and you can do aerobic exercise, muscle building exercises, yoga and you can jog and you can pick from different scenery plus there is other games on there you can play too plus it has a dance mat mode so when we got home i tried it out and i love it! I was sweating and only tried a couple of the aerobic moves so tomorrow im gonna do a full workout and see how it goes...i love it and i love my husband very much for buying it for me and supporting me in my weight loss!

talk to you guys later
Heather
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #14  

PinkFlamingo ~ "I am trying to concentrate on the world's most boring textbook on ancient Israel, and all I can think about is MEAT." This made me lmao.

Heather ~ What a wonderful husband! That sounds pretty cool... I'll have to look it up...

I had weekly weigh-in at the Y and I am at 300lb even! I lost 4 lb this past week. I also had an epiphany of sorts. My goal for this past week was 6 lb, which I was fairly sure I could accomplish. Saturday night I went to dinner (Mexican) with a girlfriend and it took 45 minutes for my grilled chicken with pico de gallo and steamed veggies to arrive. So there was this unfortunate incident with the tortilla chips and salsa.... Yeah. I did only eat half of my actual dinner, though. lol. Then I didn't do much for working out the entire weekend. Well it was one food slip the entire week and a tiny lapse in exercise, and had it not happened, I quite possibly would have made my 6 lb goal. This was my epiphany... I can actually see how my hard work pays off.I was still pleased with 4 lb because I worked hard for them. I could have worked harder for 6. I probably will work harder this week. Overall, very happy with my weigh-in! A week from today I should be under 300lb, and if I have anything to say about it I will never be at that number again.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #15  
Just keeping on truckin'

hippiemama - I feel your pain! Mexican is my biggest downfall! Good on you for not ordering something fattening and yummy though!
Closed Thread