Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #1  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Fat ladies and step ladders subtitled: I don't own that, WTH?

I was really down and angry this morning after falling of the binge wagon last night and no loss this past week - so I decided to throw myself into packing up the dishes we don't use everyday. So far so good. But all those holiday dishes, good wineglass etc are stored on top of cupboards and way back on high shelves so I needed the little step ladder...

1. The step ladder is only rated up to 300lbs... I currently weigh 306... I actually debated taking off my pants to get closer to 300 - but I pictured how I would happen to explain that if I fell and paramedics had to be summoned. So the pants and I decided to chance it.

2. Why the h*ll did I buy all those crystal wineglasses when they were only sales. My husband once told me that if you break crystal it has lead in it and if you get a piece in you, you will get lead poisoning and die so you have to go to the hospital...... I don't know if I 100% believe that it certainly made me scared to death taking those d**n things out of the way back

3. I did fall - holding the d**n glasses, and when I fell I protected the d**n glasses instead of my a** and now my a** really hurts like b***h!

4. I don't even own half this sh*t - I swear I've never seen it before - why would I even have a black wedding wine glass that says "here I go again" with 2 peoples names on it I have never heard of ?!? where did these things come from?!?

...at least last night's binge is a little more in perspective - my butt hurts and I really don't care about 1 or 100 stupid blue frosted cupcakes! Viva cupcakes I say!

I guess the moral of the story is that falling of a ladder is a bigger deal than falling of the wagon

Last edited by lostbutstilltrying; 10-08-2009 at 12:43 PM.
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry you're hurting but thanks for sharing your rant.

You've just reminded me that the attic storage area in my house is now available to me. I weighed over 250 when I bought the house and that's that the fold down attic steps are rated at. Think I'll wait a bit longer though as the stuff I'd want to shove up there might still put me over.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #3  

I have a step ladder that's only rated to 200lbs. I chance it almost every day and it's held. But I sure do think about it every time I step on it!!

By the way, While I am sorry you fell... #3 made me laugh!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Ouch! Be careful on that ladder! You are way more valuable than any dishware!

Last edited by DCHound; 10-11-2009 at 10:37 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote