Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1230

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies...I had a great weekend seeing people i havent seen in a while and most of them noticed my weight loss and some of them noticed that i was more talkative and not as shy as i usually am and i noticed it too that i have more confidence and i really had a good time at the golf outing and got a lot of walking and standing in on saturday and i had an NSV this weekend....

I was able to buckle the drivers side seatbelt of my moms car without having to use the extension!!!

My eating wasnt that great this weekend but i didnt go crazy and it actually shows on the scale this morning! I weighed myself this morning wanting to see how bad it was going to be and i actually was surprised to the scale say 297.8 and i couldnt believe it but i stepped on the scale 3 times and it said the same thing all 3 times so im truly excited that i lost almost a pound over the weekend.

Well, gotta run and do a 3 mile walk workout today and then it will be a nice hot shower and long pants and a long sleeve shirt cause the high today is only going to be 60--brrrrr thats cold!

talk to you ladies later
Heather
Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Gooooooood morning everyone! I'm excited to have gotten a full night's sleep and feeling full of energy and ready to head to school.

When I get back to town about 2 I'm heading to the Y for my FIRST WEIGH IN! I'm anxious, and nervous, and petrified.... lol. Know I've done good things this past week and a half and wondering what the scale will reflect. I'll be back this afternoon to report! Everyone have a fantastic day....
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Catherine: It will take you a while to learn your way around..but havinga car is nice.

As for me: I got some painting done on the kitchen cabinets. Then it got hot and TOM came. He is really heavy this month! UGH!!! I am glad that he came before my surgery that would not have been fun.

Today back to work. Although I am thankful I have a job, I really hate going some days. lol. Especially when TOM is here. I just wanna curl up in my bed and sleep. I really think women should get personal days for periods..lol
Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

The results are in... I have lost 10 POUNDS in the first week and half of my weight loss journey!!!!

I about started yelling for joy in the weigh in room at the Y. lol.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #6  

Wow! congratulations hippiemama that is awesome!!!!

Hope you are all doing well as i am not doing too well at this point im getting a cold i thought it was just allergies but when i woke up this morning i had a really bad sore throat and stuffed up pretty bad and i hope it doesnt stay around long but i did workout this morning and do my 3 mile walk and if i dont feel too bad tomorrow im gonna do my workout but if i dont feel well enough too i will have to wait until wednesday and see how bad i feel then grrr i hate feeling sick...what do you guys do when you have a cold do you still work out or skip it until you feel better cause im not sure if i should workout or not tomorrow? any input would be greatly appreciated.

be back later
Heather
Old 09-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello, ladies! First off, if you haven't seen the Fall Biggest Loser sticky at the top of the main 300+ page, be sure to check it out, and join us! This is my first time overseeing it, so I'm looking forward to it!

I'm getting quite the cold. Today, the weather changed drastically. I believe the high was in the 40's, and it was rainy, and just miserable. I've spent all day with flu-like symptoms. Took some medicine, and I'll be calling it an early night. Didn't work out today, because I felt so weak. I'll be back at it tomorrow, though.

Weigh-in this week went well. Lost 2.4 lbs, and brought me to 355.6 lbs. I'm only a little over 5 lbs from reaching my first goal, so I'm quite thrilled. Also, I'm changing my weigh-in days to Saturday mornings. I think it'll work out much better that way.

Anyhow, I'm off to watch more "True Blood". Totally addicted to the show. Downloaded the first two seasons, and watched the first, and I'm totally hooked. Haha. Have a great night, ladies!

Andrea - Congratulations!! That's just great!! Keep up the awesome work, chica!

Heather - I'm also getting sick, and it truly just depends on the day for me. I've worked out while sick and felt better, and also done it, and felt worse.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 PM   #8  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I drove in rush hour traffic for the first time today in almost 4 years, and I'm exhausted. It was mentally exhausting. I'm going to try to sleep it off because fatigue and hunger are indistinguishable for me.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Cyn - I totally agree. I mean without the BC pills I take, I would be in bed crying my eyes out in a deep depression which is I believe PMDD symptom related. Now though I just get fatigued to the point where it is hard to just do minimal things. Yet, it is a trade off I suppose!

HippiaMama - WOW! Congrats on your weight loss! AWESOME!

Kaleystar - WOO! You're going to be there in no time!

Well...I'm SORE...my whole body hurts. Since I'm being pestered by my boyfriend, I'm not exercising today. He saw my new workout and went "OH MY GOD, you can't do those things, you'll get hurt." Well yeah...i can get hurt doing lots of things, BUT I am doing it, doing what I can, and it totally kicks my butt. It is intense, fast, and there are so many kicks and things...ack! Third time doing it, only got 20 minutes through, but I worked it hard and I was pouring sweat and my heart rate was constantly up. So, I think this is a new fun challenge for me. It gets me excited about exercise!

Tomorrow I'm going to go for a long walk and then do my workout on Thursday. Then we'll see how I am on Friday. Baby steps.

I've discovered that I'm happier with fruit and smoothies in the mornings. Going to do a simple green smoothie today for breakfast (dark leafy greens, banana, raspberries, blueberries) Yummy!

My body is flaring up a bit with the HS stuff...bah. I hate this skin thing sometimes...bothers me because I feel like it makes me look worse. My skin is bumpy and I have so much skin discoloration that I wonder if it is because of the weight and HS combined...I've started taking my turmeric pills again today. It is suppose to help with autoimmune diseases, so we'll see. I have like 6 places of concern...but hey i don't look like the pictures you see online. I just look like I have a bad case of acne, but it isn't acne if that makes sense. Bah!

*HUGS* Hope everyone is well....*HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 09-29-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #10  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hey Jacquie, think I've mentioned before but I have HS too so know how rubbish it is I'm in pain most of the time with my left underarm, constantly flares up and down. Altho I do think it has slightly improved with weight loss. But do know how u feel, hugs xxx
Old 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymay View Post
Hey Jacquie, think I've mentioned before but I have HS too so know how rubbish it is I'm in pain most of the time with my left underarm, constantly flares up and down. Altho I do think it has slightly improved with weight loss. But do know how u feel, hugs xxx
Yeah the flare ups make me so upset at times. I do think it has gotten better too with my weight loss and I know diet and such plays a role. I mean I know I would have this condition if I were thin or fat, but it still pisses me off as we just have to live with it and make the best of it.

*HUGS* Sorry to hear about you being in pain. I know that HS can really hurt, I've been there at times with it myself. Though I didn't know that it was HS at the time. I only got the official diagnoses last Feb. I keep taking turmeric as I read a lot of HS people take that, but I've had mixed results I think. I'm going to start taking it again daily to see if things improve.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

*** DRAMA central****

Thats my warning... I am soo UPSET I can't even see straight!! AS yall know my son's gf is pregnant...they ahve been together 2 years. Well monday night...she tells my son that she is breaking up with him...out of no where!!! She wouldn't tell him why, only that she is writing him a letter with the details. He got there letter. All he said to me is that she is being stupid..the main thing she was upset about was "she was not being nurtured in the relationship"

My son is upset..I am devistated. She is 17..influential..and scared I am sure. I just don't understand..she has a guy that loves her and wants to build a future with her..and she is sabotashing it!!!

I KNOW for a fact..her parents have a hand in this. They have never thought my son was good enough for her.

I can't even sleeep well. She said she wants him there for their baby..ofcourse..but just cant "handle" a relationship right now..WTF!!!!

The sad part is..there is nothing I can do..the ball is in her court!

So much for being excited about being a grandma...
Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #13  

Azcyn *hugs* I get very frustrated with people when things are out of my control and their actions defy logic.

Yesterday I got so upset, I had to leave work. I had a performance eval and was told I was a gossip! I about fell out of my chair because I hate gossip. I never repeat anything to anyone. Yet, the now director told me he heard 2 (yes two) things I repeated that were hurtful (which I never repeated, but heard). I know of one because I was sitting next to the person who said it at lunch (there were 3 other people there besides me). I've confronted one of the people. I will confront the other 2 people eventually, but I'm so mad I could chew nails and spit tacks. How does one defend against such crap??

Oh, to add to the mixture, the gossip was about the director and his gf (who works in our department and he has been dating while during his marriage breakup). If any of this has ended up in my file, I will file a grievance through the proper channels. On the flip side, he could pull my internet use and see that I check the forums here and the news which could be detrimental. Meanwhile, I'm looking for other jobs in the bldg.

Catherine, hope your headache goes away. Laying down and getting some rest resets me.

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Old 09-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #14  

Cyn - I know how upsetting that must be. *hugs* I guess in this situation she might be feeling pressure being that she is so young. Probably her parents, as you said, are pressuring her...she might feel like she is being pulled in so many directions, which is sad. Your son sounds like a very wonderful guy and I hope he and she can work things out. Maybe if he can get her one on one, obviously a letter is an attempt to not face up to a one on one conversation (at least in my eyes) then perhaps they can come together as a couple. *HUGS* Hang in there!

RatKitten - A gossip? Why would that be apart of your performance evaluation to begin with? I mean if the person in question felt hurt then why not talk to you aside and see what is up. I don't understand why people do those things. I hope you can get the situation resolved. I don't understand why people do those types of things. It sounds to me like you've been blamed for something by someone. I hate workplace sabotage. I hope you find a better and more positive place for you! *hugs*

Today I got up late, had trouble sleeping. I'm restless...going for a walk soon, hopefully that will go well. Anyhow, I'm just restless today, got too many things on my mind at the moment.

*HUGS*
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #15  

Good Morning ladies...

azcyn-*hugs* i wish i knew what to say all i can say is hang in there i hope things get better!

As for me, im sorry i havent been here for a couple of days but i woke up monday morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose and today im starting to cough a little bit and think i might be getting bronchitis and i went to webmd to see what i can do at home cause i cant afford to go to the doctor because i dont have any insurance and im unemployed so im going to try the remedies they suggested and they said that you dont need to see the doctor unless you have excessive mucus ( sorry TMI) but they said that it can last 2-3 weeks so i hope its not bronchitis and it doesnt last that long either.

Also, my diet and exercise has gone to the back burner. Yesterday i didnt exercise cause i didnt feel good enough and even though i wasnt hungry i was eating things i shouldnt have plus i have been drinking alot of orange juice so i might not weigh-in this week i will have to see...im not working out today cause i know it will make me cough but im gonna try to get my eating under control.

Sorry to ramble just wanted to let you know what has been going on with me and why i have posted in a while.

talk to you later
Heather
Closed Thread