Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and Getting Fit after 40 #230

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #2  

Morning! I had a great, rejuvenating weekend away, but am in the thick of things today. Lots of challenges ahead, but I'm feeling prepared to meet them.

I skimmed posts this weekend, but haven't really caught up. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

wow we are in for a fall like day here.I am so ready for the crispness in the air.
I plan on getting outside and enjoying it.
food was ok over the weekend.I came in perfect with calories even though all my choices werent the best.
This week I plan on getting alot acomplished on my house and yard.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

I'm back. Gosh, can't believe its been so long.

Work has gotten extremely busy with a new, huge project that will take more than a year. Job security for another year! I dodged a trip to Chicago for three days. I was able to "attend" by sitting in a conference room and listening via phone and watching via webcast.

I've been sick. I've had an upper respiratory infection type of thing going on now for maybe three weeks. I'm still not 100% and I've been to the doc and she said to ride it out. Rather annoying though. I lost my voice for a few days and hasn't been the same since.

We just got back from vacation. DH and I took my mom out to Arizona to see her sister. Her youngest sister lives in Sierra Vista. We stayed there a couple of days and then drove up to the Sedona area. That area is so gorgeous. DH and I took a day to drive on up to the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there since I was a kid. OMG, it is just breathtaking. Then we were back to Sierra Vista for another couple of days before driving home. That was a long two-day drive.

I've got a couple of days off before going back to work. Looks like we're going to have good weather so I want to finish up the summer work and be done with a few projects.

One of the things I want to get back to and that is the fitness center. I plan on going each of these two days. And back to healthier eating. I have to admit that our food wasn't all that good. Not only not healthy, but just plain not good. We spent a lot of money on eating evening meals for them to be mediocre. I think we will rethink that for our next trip. There were microwaves in each room that we stayed in. We discussed how much happier we would have been with frozen dinners. Not like we couldn't have found a grocery store at each of the towns we stayed at. We have both gotten so dissatisfied with eating out; sure makes traveling a challenge. But, I think we shall learn from this.

We are supposed to go to Columbus Ohio next week for the Quarter Horse Congress (horse shows). However, that is a 12 hour drive each way. I'm not too sure either of us is excited about getting back into the truck for that kind of drive. We may cancel and just enjoy the time at home. But we'll wait until the weekend to decide.

Another thing I have to get back to is pilates. My body is so tight and inflexible, it is pretty pathetic. The drive was very hard on my lower back.

I better get this posted and me up to working on my list of things to do.

to all!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #5  

Terri -- Good to see you posting!!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

It was warm for Sept. this morning. A cold front blew through and now the fan's off and it's getting chilly.

I've had a super day. Still have too many WW points left so I'm going to have a snack later.

Vacation's over for 2 weeks. I love Fall so I always take Columbus Day week. Sometimes there's even Fall color left on some trees. Might try to get the carpets cleaned before Winter arrives as well.

Terri: Hi! Hope you'll just feel better and better. Arizona sounded wonderful. I blew off our Pointer national specialty last week. It was out side of St Louis but I couldn't face the 20 hr drive so we went to local shows instead.

Off to just veg out for the evening.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Terri - what a trip - I'd want to be home for awhile too! So great to see you. Did you get to the fitness center?

Fall is in the air here too - felt good to put on a jacket for the walk to my workout. Good 70 minute workout - gonna have to push to make my 1500 exercise goal for the month.

I'm fully ready to get the scale moving in the right direction (I know you've heard it before). I'm setting a goal to be in the 250s by the end of October - I'm afraid to look to see how long I've been in the 60s.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

hey ladies,

I did make it to the fitness center yesterday. But not today. So I'm watching Biggest Loser and getting up and doing exercise during the commercials - stability ball, hand weights, medicine ball, stretches, planks, ab work, etc.

It's all about choices!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all - fall is here! I'm sleeping all the way up to the alarm now that it has cooled off.

Food and exercise has been great (2 days). I'm sure there will be a few more things that come up but with the wedding behind us I'm feeling in a "no excuses" mode - I had 2 bad days over the weekend and the scale jumped 5 pounds - slowly making its way back down.

An update on my gym friend who is working with Dr. Oz - she has lost 13 pounds but really struggling with the emotional side. She is 24 and thought this was all about food. Bob Harper is coming next week - keep your fingers crossed that I get to work out with him too!

Let's all make sure to get plenty of water in today!

Hugs,
Carol
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #10  

bad day yesterday...got into a jar of dry roasted peanuts...
Today is a new day!! I will exercise!! I will not snack unless its in my plan. I will drink all my water!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #11  

Carol -- Wow, Bob Harper!!!! I'd be jealous and expecting pictures!!!!

I'm staying on track, too. I feel like I have my head in a good place and am seeing challenges instead of obstacles. Amazing how mindset matters!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to say hi. I've been lurking but haven't had anything to say. I'm here and thinking about all of you.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

So far, so good for me too. I'm still on program and it's been almost two weeks!

Hurray for our ladies who are not struggling too much, and hugs and good "get back on track" vibes to those who need some extra support to fight the evil cravings!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #14  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hello!
Hope you have all had a great week!
Last week was crappy for me. Life actually slowed down abit for me and then I was to relazed to make good food choices or exercise. But this week has been better. I will get on the scale Friday morning!
Can you all do me a fave? If you dont see me posting can you PM me with a but kicking?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #15  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi girls! I'm a lurky-loo too. Not much to say either (yes, I too am surprised at that). Guess it's all been going to my blog.

Running off to bass guitar lessons now...
Closed Thread