Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

OK - I seem to not have much to say either. I'm hoping that means we're all doing well - I am. I did fall 19 minutes short of my 1500 min exercise goal for the month.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- I'm doing okay, but fell well short of my goal. I'm okay with it -- it's a higher goal than I was thinking of setting, and I'm keeping it there for next month, too.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

HI ...
Im excited about OCT and weight loss! I think the weather change is affecting everyone.I am counting every bite of food and not allowing any extra bites to cross my lips.I am so bad at mindless eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt get to my exercise goal either but I can say its more than I have gotten all summer.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #19  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Bummer! I've got to remember "No Chinese the night before WI". I was within my points when I ate it for dinner last night but I'm thinking I retained water 'cause I gained 1.5 lbs. I did use my extra points last week but I was very conscious of what ever passed my lips.

Oh well ...... Hopefully next week will show a loss. I am definately not letting this get to me.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #20  

Judy - stay the course - you know how to do this - keep it basic.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #21  

Got it Carol.

I've a nice blank Weight Tracker for this week. I'm going to plan ahead and log every bite.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #22  

We recently booked a winter vacation (yay). My DH, who would and does do anything for me, really wants to do an excursion that includes a horseback ride through the jungle and then a change of equipment and then concludes with the horses swimming. The weight limit is 240 - OK - there have been many things that I haven't been able to do because of my weight - problem here is I'm scared of horses - I have zero experience, I'm afraid I'll fall off, hurt the horse, won't be able to climb on, etc. I'm working hard to meet the weight limit - how do I handle the other? Terri, Val - anybody else - please - I need suggestions.

It's a beautiful fall day - hoping to put on a sweatshirt and head out for a walk with the pups soon.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #23  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Carol, I have similar phobias about horses. On TV, it all looks so beautiful...and then there's me approaching the horse!

I have ridden in the past, just a few times. Once I got on a horse along with the ex, before we were engaged, at his grandparents' farm. It was against my better judgement. The horse waited until we got out into the middle of a patch of weeds full of stickers, shifted his rump and then dumped me. I tried to hang on to the boyfriend, who kept yelling, "Let go!" I eventually walked away angry, covered with painful stickers poking through my pants. The story of our marriage went along similar lines.

I've also had good experiences on horses, but I was under 240 lbs for all of them. I wouldn't even attempt to get on a horse now, at 305. But I have promised myself that once I get under 250 lbs, I plan to get over my misgivings. I just googled "how to get over a horse phobia" and there are a lot of resources on the Internet that address that. You've got a little time, and a lot of love for your husband. I really believe in you, that you can do this!

Go Carol!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Carol - First of all, how great for a winter trip. Second - what a great opportunity to do something you haven't been able to do. When is your trip? Check around the northland and see about finding a training stables for someone to give you lessons. Just a few to help with your fear and for you to get comfortable. Preferably someone that will get you outside of the barn so you have an idea what it feels like. Things to find out about the excursion is what type of saddle they use, do they provide mounting blocks, do they require/provide helmets? What kind of horses do they provide? What size of horses?

Also, tell your trainer what you plan on doing so she can help you develop strength in your legs, abs and back so you won't be so sore afterwards.

Okay, as far as "hurting the horse", I have the same feelings. DH gets mad when I voice that. A horse is about 1200 pounds unless you're going to be riding a pony! The last episode of Ruby had her riding a horse for the first time and she was about 330 pounds. They brought out a big horse named Moose! If she can do this, so can you!

I've noticed too that a lot of people have to use mounting assistance. Especially over 40 and not all that chubby either. There is a lot of horse talk about how using a mounting block, no matter your size, is better for the horse anyway. So don't feel funny about asking. I say that I have a weak left hip and don't take the chance of hurting myself. Not a total lie!

Maybe I can help somehow. I wouldn't want you to ride Spanky because he is still a young horse and might do something silly. You want a good, lesson horse. But you can come down and be around my guys if that would help.

I was disappointed to find the weight limits when I checked into riding in Arizona. More disappointed that I hadn't done anything to help myself be able to ride out there. I will not be disappointed next year on our return trip. One place in particular had restrictions that you had to be able to get on the horse by yourself. That was because they stopped at the mid-point had a lunch and then rode back. Guess there were no big rocks to stand on! Definitely something to understand about your potential trip.

OOOH, I am so excited for you. Keep me posted!

Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #25  

Georgia and Terri - thanks for believing in me (more than I do myself). Also thanks so much for the tips. Between the Dr. Oz challenge (as if the camera is following me rather than my gym mate) and this trip my motivation is running high. I even ventured to the gym without my trainer today and did a great workout without machines - a first for me. I ran into my trainer as I was leaving - I wasn't the only one surprised at myself.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

hi all! It was a long week at work and I came home and fell asleep -- hard -- for over an hour. The phone even rang and I didn't hear it! Wow.

My exercise is down, but food is okay. Not great, but not bad. And I'll take it now.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Carol - I talked to my trainer today about your upcoming trip. If you can't find someone up near you, she said she'd be glad to help you prepare for the horseback riding. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:06 AM   #28  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I went shopping today! Two new jackets for fall and a wrap dress that I can also wear over pants. I shopped at Macy's and Nordstrom's and I'm happy to report that I can fit into a lot of their 3x or size 24 fashions!

My sister and I played a game. We grabbed a ton of outfits and then got side-by-side dressing rooms, then came out to see each other in every outfit, whether we loved it or hated it. We found an awesome pair of jeans for her, Ralph Lauren brown jeans that fit her perfectly, but they were $95 and she wouldn't buy them. I'm sure I wouldn't have spent the money either, but she looked so good in them! I was mad that they cost so much.

Who spends that much money on jeans?

The jackets I bought will need to be tailored down, but I can do that. One of the jackets was a lovely bright cerulean color. I have no idea what I'm going to wear it with. Possibly brown or black slacks. It might look nice with jeans. The other is a cotton sateen quilted jacket with a front zip. It'll be very cute with my heathered brown knit slacks from JJill.

I need new shoes!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #29  

We went to the yardsales yesterday. Great exercise and some good deals also. NOt alot of adult clothing out there this year.I did get some great things for my grandchildren.
We ate mexican for lunch and even after only getting a half order my hands are puffy this morning from the sodium. WATER WATER WATER today!!
Got to get moving today and get something accomplished.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #30  

Semi-busy weekend for me. I did a lot of running around town yesterday and ended up with way too many points to try to use up last night. I'm paying for it today. Cravings are nasty but I'm not giving in. I know what I'm planning on having and won't budge. Just have to keep my mind and hands busy.

Tomorrow will be better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Back to the weekday grind tomorrow.
Closed Thread