Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/270/145

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies

I am very much an emotional eater. Maybe it comes from my f*up childhood or the lack of attantion from my dad..whatever...but I know this about my self...however it does not make it any easier to stop

I received some very bad news today and really I want nothing more than to dive head first into a jar of peanut butter...but I wont...I cant
I know it has only been 2 days but I am proud of my self for sticking to my diet/excersise plan
Why can't I have the urge to jog when I am upset?
Ha..maybe I can reverse my habits and become an emotional excersier instead...its possible right?!?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Man... I don't know if I should watch The Biggest Loser during my TOM. I cried like a baby! lol. But it was very motivating and I worked out afterwards. I've watched the show before but not consistently. Definitely going to be looking forward to it every week this time around!

It's been another good day for me.... Good food and 3 different workouts! The guys who towed my van to the shop took a look at it after picking it up today and figured out a cheaper way to fix the problem than the 1st place. I get to pick it up tomorrow! Which means I'll have no problem getting to the Y tomorrow after class! And my friend and I have our first meeting with our coach/trainer on Thursday afternoon.

Headed to bed now... Hope everyone has a peaceful slumber.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #33  

Sasha ~ I'm so sorry you had a rough day. I DO believe though that you can work through anything if you put your mind to it. Even if it's been only 2 days that is still a GREAT accomplishment! I'm going on 5 days and I'm super proud of myself. lol. Hang in there.... Think about the long, beautiful, healthy life ahead of you.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just flying through this morning; only ended up getting about an hour of sleep...I'm getting really fed up of not being able to fall asleep until like 3am! Now I have to make a mad dash to the gym, then class.

Have a great day, ladies!

Last edited by kayleystar; 09-23-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Sasha - Welcome! I too an am emotional eater and it has taken me a long time to just cope with it to the point where I am today. I still emotionally eat, but not as much as I used to. I have been finding lately that food just doesn't comfort me. I need something more, I need to talk things out, cry my eyes out, hug another human being, etc. So, it is always possible to work on the aspects that you find are most important to you. This is a journey and a life long one at that. You can and we can do this. I started at 340 + pounds and now I'm lighter, able to cope a bit better (totally not perfect), and I am now working on my exercising (i get bored and make stupid excuses not to do it lol). We all have similar stories and I think that is what makes this place awesome. We get it. We get it and *HUGS*...

Kayley - Have a good day! I hate it when I am not getting enough sleep. This morning I was like "yep time to get up" and I got up a bit later than I wanted, but I'm getting more positive about things again and makes me sleep easier. When I don't get enough sleep I'm tired and cranky 24/7...when I get less sleep when I'm positive and I'm eating enough, I am alert and happy. Seems backwards to me, but what do I know.

HippieMama - Do you like the Y? There is a new one here and I have to be honest, with my boredom with walking and things I've been contemplating looking into something either gym or Y related....I dunno.. I'm a bit shy and sensitive, which makes me hide out more than go out. If that makes sense...

Well I'm up this morning earlier than I have been getting up. Not sleepy, just alert and wanting to get on with my day. Going to work on my website, which I've neglected for so long. Will have a weight loss, well blog with weight loss tidbits in there. I miss online journaling. I procrastinate the website, but I shouldn't as I need more work and blah blah.

I'm thinking about juicing more and doing more smoothies. I miss them and am feeling the urge to get my juicer out . Last time I wanted to do a juice feast, no can't body hates green juices, but this time I can just have juice in the morning. Like peachy orange...yum.

I hope everyone is well! *HUGS* I'm working on a few things this morning, going to meal plan. Hehe.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 236/232/208

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies :}
Just a quick post before I get cracking on with my coursework. I hope everyone is having a good day (Y)

Kayley, yes, that is very productive I don't have much time to work out but I go to college and do homework. I'm a good girl, see :]

Take care everyone
xx
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies...

Tom is lurking so yesterday I was emotional and this morning I woke up after having a dream about my grandma..I woke up crying and missing her. My faith lets me believe that once day I will see her again..and i know that time is short..but i still miss her.

Yesterday I was very nautious all day! If it is from my gallbladder this really sucks! I hope once it is out things will get better.

This morning I have a meeting with Justins councelor since he is in resource classes at school. Let's hope this school can provide the same great classes as the other one did. If NOT I am raising ****!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies..just a quick fly by for me this morning i have to do my 3 mile walk and then go to my parents house to help them with stuff but just wanted to come on here and say that i weighed myself this morning and it said 298.7 so it looks like i may make my first mini-goal this friday for real!!! I stepped on the scale 3 times to make sure it said the same thing and it did! Im so excited maybe i can make 297 by friday that would be awesome! but im not pushing it if i only make 298 friday i will be totally happy with that!

talk to you girls later
Heather
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #39  

Kayley ~ I had trouble falling asleep last night too. Layed down before midnight and last time I looked at the clock it was just after 3. My mind was just racing.... Maybe the workout I had before bed gave me an unnecessary burst of energy? I kept thinking about healthy meals, working out, school, etc. Gonna go through the day with no nap and work my butt off at the Y and surely I'll sleep well tonight!

Jacquie ~ I LOVE our Y. We have whats called the WOW center. stands for "Women only Wellness" or something. It's in the basement and it's chicks only down there. One room has various cardio type machines and the other room has stations for weights/resistance and music playing with periodic pauses... "Change stations"... They even offer cheap childcare if I need to bring along the kids.

Then there's the main workout area which has a much bigger variety of machines but it's men and women. (I don't know how comfortable I'd be yet working out with the dudes. Usually I do my best to appear not sweaty and out of breath in front of strange men) There's also a sauna and hot tub. Nice big pool, racquetball and badmitton courts, a variety of classes to attend. Lots of options.

Excited for another great day!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Good morning everyone!!

It has been a while since I have been here and I have missed you all. I've been gone for a good reason though! I got a new (much better) job and have just finished a 700 mile move. When I found out that I had gotten the job, I only had 3 weeks until I had to start, so it was a mad dash to talk to my landlord, get utilities turned off, pack, move, etc. And then there was the whole process of getting everything set up here while working full time.

Whew! It's been crazy but we're finally all set up in our new apartment and cruising along. I love love love my new job.

And during all of this insane stress, I have not gained any weight! I have maintained the whole time, which I am okay with. I'm ready to start losing weight again and will be following the meal plan that my old doctor recommended.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Height: 5'9"

Flying through to say the week has not let up at work. Have too much going on. Scale moved a bit this week, but not as much as I'd hoped. *sigh* Oh well, onwards and downwards, right?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #42  

Good evening, chickies! Wow, I'm feeling super awesome tonight, due to my workout. This morning, I hit the gym as per usual before class. Did my strength training, and even tried something new. I usually do the Stability Ball (for balance, and crunches, and pushups); but today I also tried the Bosu Ball! Definitely more challenging than the stability ball. I could only use it for about 5 minutes before I started to feel a bit too strained, but I'll work my way up! Anyhow, I didn't have time for cardio, as I woke up later than I intended. So this afternoon, I decided to try and do another 15 minutes of the 30 Day Shred workout. Well, I'm happy to report that I finished the ENTIRE first phase of the workout! It definitely kicked my butt. The cardio was pretty intense. (Jumping Jacks, Jump Roping, High Kick Ups when Running, etc.), then bursts of strength exercises, such as pushups, and then other intervals of ab work. I felt SO good afterwards. I felt like I do after a longer workout! I'm going to try and do that one at least a couple of times a week. Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a new challenge! But I won't be starting on phase 2 of it for quite sometime. Once this phase becomes too easy, I suppose.

Jacquie - What kind of a juicer do you have? I keep seeing commercials for some, and have thought about maybe picking one up, or asking for it for Christmas this year, but not sure if I'd use it all the time.

Beth - When I first started college, it was really tough to balance course work, exercise, and my full time job. Took me a couple of semesters, actually. You'll get there, and you'll get into an awesome routine, and it'll all work out.

Cyn - How did it go today?

Heather hb - Fingers crossed that the scale cooperates this week.

Andrea - Yeah, that's probably what kept you up! Well, a combination of starting your new lifestyle, too. I know I would stay awake thinking about all the new things I was going to incorporate into my new way of life. Every day OP is a success, so bravo! I'm 2.5 months in, without falling off the wagon even for a day...which is new for me!

Ronnie - WELCOME BACK!

Susannah - Exactly! Just keep at it, chick!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #43  

Kayley ~ Was it you who posted about the turkey burger big mac? Let me tell you, I had one tonight for dinner: Whole grain bun, turkey burger, romaine, chopped onion, fat free thousand island, and half a sandwich slice pickle, and it ROCKED. SO yummy. Don't know if it's because it's been over a week since I've had fast food or what but that thing was delicious!

Worked my butt off for 45 min at the Y tonight. Feel GREAT. And might even do a lil belly dancing before bed. lol. My stomach abs felt so tight last night... such a new, strange feeling. I ADORE it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #44  

Andrea - I didn't make mine into a type of Big Mac, but I did post about yummy turkey burgers. I'm addicted to them now! What belly dancing program/DVD do you use? I'd love to begin to do some Belly Dancing, but unsure where to begin! I have no booty/hips to speak of, so maybe it's going to be difficult. lol
Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #45  

I've been recording "Shimmy" on DirectTV. I'm prob going to need to get a full length belly dancing video before too long. It's fun! My friend asked me about it and I said, "Ummm... I could never do it in front of another human being... at least not for 75 lbs or so... but it's FUN" lol
Closed Thread