Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Jacquie - I think you are thinking of Barbosas - they are still there - my family lives in St. Joe.

Susannah - choose wisely - we are north - Abuelos and Margaritas are both close.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Height: 5'9"

GG: I'm north too - in between 169 and 29 but a little South of Barry Road. I almost can't go to Margaritas anymore and make healthy choices, but Abuelos has alot of yummy fish and seafood dishes. Tonight, I'll be having the shrimp fajitas at Abuelos, so have been especially easy on the carbs in prep today. We have a buy-1-get-1 coupon that I got on their emailing list, which is always a nice thing to have
Old 09-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

heather == I don't know that you need to spend LONGER doing exercise, but there are lots of things you can do to increase intensity..

As for weight training, you have to realize first that women don't build muscle easily. You have to lift to failure, and eat right (a lot of protein, for one). Muscle just doesn't "happen" and women don't get big unless they really really try with both lifting AND diet.

So, using 1 pound weights while walking may help the intensity of the workout, but it's not going to build muscle.

However, building muscle is NOT a bad thing. Every pound of muscle burns extra calories and helps raise your metabolism. And, if you build muscle while you lose fat you end up looking more toned, not bulky!

Last edited by Heather; 09-18-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Got in a GREAT workout today. Did my DDR, then went walking/jogging with Mom. Intervals! Woo. Lol. I was able to do much more than I have in the past in the way of jogging, so that made me happy.

And the BEST part of the day? My NSV! I put on my jeans today….and they FIT!!! Ahh! I’m beyond excited. I’ve been wearing the same few pairs of khakis for a couple of months now, or wearing skirts, because my jeans no longer fit, and I had nothing else to wear, and also didn’t want to buy more clothes that were larger. I was wearing 28’s, and those were getting too tight. My jeans are a 26. I’m just over the moon that they fit again. Lol. Next step is to get my favorite black pants to fit again.

Carol – Just wanted to say THANK YOU for putting together the 60 Day Challenge. I love a good challenge!

Heather hb – There’s some good advice already given here; you may want to up the intensity, or maybe get another workout DVD of a different variety, just to give your body a change-up. I know when my body gets too used to a certain exercise, I change it up, and I definitely get a great workout!

Strength training is a great workout. And it will help you with your cardio, as your muscles will get stronger, etc.

Jacquie – Thanks! Unfortunately, my hair is back to being boring old black, since I have to look professional and whatnot. Heh.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good evening girls.... thank you for all of your advice it was very helpful..im gonna weigh myself tomorrow at the normal time i would weigh to see if it says anything different and tomorrow im going to start incorporating strength training every other day and see how that goes and hopefully next week i will see a lose!

Also, i had to tell you ladies that i am sooo excited because on my facebook page i have 3 friends from BL5 and 1 from season 7 they are Ali, Jay and Mark ( just sent mark a request) and max morelli-mike morelli's ( from season 7) brother i think that is soo awesome cause they are so inspiring to me!

Well goodnight ladies and here is to hoping for a better tomorrow
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 09-18-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #66  

Good morning girls...as you can tell i have changed my ticker and taken off that i met my first goal of under 300 lbs because i dont think i met it i think that friday was a fluke that i saw that number even though i saw 299.7 3 times but since then i have not seen it and yesterday and today the scale says i am 302.9 so i am officially changing my info to say that and i am planning on including at least a half hour of strength training 3 days this week so hopefully that will help this week and i hope to be able to make my goal this friday of 299.9 so i make my first mini-goal i dont know why but i just feel like crying and i feel very frustrated this morning ( i think its because of TOM) part of me wants to give up and quit but im not letting myself quit i have come too far...i am going to change up my exercise this week i have 3 biggest loser workouts so i am going to do that this week and hope that i can have a good weight loss next week and meet my goal!

Heather
Old 09-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

heatherb: dont give up!!!! We are here for you!

KAyley: Congrats on the jeans fitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me: my sister and I are taking my niece to this family expo thing. They have characters there lie Dora the Explorer and all her favorite things. Lets hope the 1000's of screaming kiddos doesnt go to bad.

The house is comming along sloooowly but the kitchen will be done painted today so I can unpack that tomorrow!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I could have sworn I posted an introduction yesterday! Maybe it didnt go through.... my internet is completely unreliable and annoying.

Hello! I'm Andrea. I've been here before, and here I am again. I joined my local Y's "Better Weigh" challenge with a friend and so I have embarked upon what will hopefully be a long and succefful weight loss journey and lifestyle change. (Oh yeah, and if we win we get $2000) So, health and cash prizes are great motivation! I've always been overweight, and I've been obese since childhood. I love life, other than my body, and I would like to have a long, healthy life and see my kids grow and have their own babies and whatnot. So, it's definitely time to be proactive and make changes. I imagine I will be around here a bit now! I am seeking support in a variety of places and this seems like a good one.
I have been eating extremely well for 2 days now, but have yet to exercise. MY problem with exercise is I only like to do it when I don't realize that's what I'm doing... I.E. Hiking, kayaking, dancing, playing with the kids... But I figure after I have exercised just to exercise a few times, I might learn to like it more. Especially when I feel the benefits. Really glad to have a partner in this... even though she's got maybe 30 lb to drop, tops. I know in her mind her 30 are just as restricting as my 150.
I'm going to a party tonight where there will be lots of food and liquor. I'm in a good state of mind though, and I'm sure I won't be swayed by temptation.
Look forward to getting to know you all...
Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #69  

Heather hb – To be successful in weight loss long-term, you cannot let the scale control you. I know this from past experience, and was as you can see, unsuccessful before. This is a journey, and you will have weeks where you are up, down, maintain, etc. The fact that you are changing your lifestyle, and keeping on with this change is more important than any number that’s on the scale. This is something I’m having to learn to do as well. I know that many people actually benefit from taking a couple of weeks’ break from the scale. Just don't let these small gains/water retention days get to you; just stay the course, and I know you will be successful.

Cyn – Stay sane today.

Andrea – Hello & welcome to the forum! I look forward to ‘seeing’ you around here. Where in Indiana are you at? Just curious, as I’m right around the IN/MI border.

I used to LOATHE exercise. The key is definitely finding something you enjoy doing. For me, it’s the Elliptical, Strength Training (Weights), and the Stability Ball. I also love Cardio Dance, and Dance Dance Revolution on days I don’t go to the gym. And Yoga! I love to exercise now, and hopefully it’ll be the same for you. I don’t feel ‘right’ unless I exercise, now.

What kind of eating plan are you going to be following?

Last edited by kayleystar; 09-19-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Kayley- Thanks for the welcome! I'm in Logansport... have lived here for all of my life except one year spent in Phoenix with my ex-husband.

I'm basically planning on sticking to lean protein, fruits and veggies, whole grains... no specific diet but just overall healthy eating.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #71  

I just wanted to thank all you ladies for all of your support especially the last couple of days but i am feeling better today and im changing my exercise routine this week to hopefully help me lose some weight this week like today i did 45 mins of the biggest loser dvd..i have 3 of the them i have biggest loser the workout, biggest loser cardio max and biggest loser sculpt max and those are the dvds i am going to be using this week and tomorrow i am going to start doing strength training with weights 3 days a week so i will do it sunday, tuesday and thursday and friday i will do walk away the pounds at my moms cause i wont be able to exercise all weekend cause i will be out of town but saturday i will be working at a golf outing on my feet all day so that will be my exercise that day and then sunday will be my day off instead of friday.

thanks for all the great advice girls!
oh, btw i had an NSV today ( if you can call it that) i was cleaning the full length mirror behind the door in the bathroom and i noticed my side view while i was cleaning it and i was like OMG look at me my side view looks different so the scale doesnt show all of your achievements! just had to share that!
Heather
Old 09-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Blah...I've had one of those moments tonight where you really see what you've done to yourself...it is like right there in your face. I went out to Macys, I needed mixing bowls they have some on sale, and I wanted to look at the clothes. So, I see the 14-24 women section and think "okay i'll look" and yeah there are a few things. I see a sweater, then notice some jeans mis-tagged for like $11 bucks, size 24...yeah okay. So, I go try them on and a skinny girl is in the next fitting room with her curvy mom.

So, I take off my pants and in the triple mirrors and ungodly light I see my lower half of my body and blah...my legs look so horrible. Just like blobs of fat, hanging...it looks so bad. My heart just sank and I started just feeling things, i'm sure you all get what I mean. So, I try on the sweater, too big for me and the pants fit fine...a little snug. So size 24 is nice...the girl next to me is talking about how fat her mom is...I know I would LOVE a kid like that (sarcasm). She goes on and on about how she can eat what she wants and her mom had to many kids...so then she whispers about how at least her mom isn't as fat as the lady in the next room. Yeah I heard her, her mom goes "that is not nice" and scolds her. The girl giggles...she is young and stupid like I was at her age so I can't really be that upset at her directly...I'm not even that hurt, but yeah it stings a little ya know?

Fine...whatever, but you know after looking at my legs and then having one of those moments, which don't happen all the time, it just brings me down. I just, they look so bad. I carry my weight in the lower half of my body. When I see myself I am just looking down usually or sitting. But when you stand up, everything goes south. It is like the great migration, but only with blobs of fat. I mean I'm going to continue to lose weight no matter what...just right now I'm depressed knowing my legs and lower half look so bad.

Okay, I'm done with my whines...

I hope everyone is well...*HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 09-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #73  

Jacquie-*hugs* im really sorry that happened today sometimes people says things not realizing that you can hear them and it really hurts ya know! here is a big hug from me to you cause i know how you feel the way you feel about your legs is the way i feel about my stomach i hate it when i look at it in the mirror it is just like this huge blob of fat!

talk to you ladies soon
Heather
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 PM   #74  

Had a very good, and very active day today. Went out for lunch to Chipotle…so yummy! I had a Chicken “Burrito Bowl”, which had rice, lettuce, chicken, and light on the cheese. A big bowl, very filling, only ‘cost’ me 425 calories! Yum! Also, went grocery shopping, and I picked up some turkey burgers. I dunno if any of you shop at Aldi’s (gotta love cheap groceries!), but they have a 12 pack of turkey burgers for $5! They are delish! Put one on a whole grain bun (Aunt Millie’s makes good ones), with some mustard, and some lettuce, and it was a much better burger than I used to have. And guilt-free. But if you have an Aldi’s around, I definitely recommend the burgers…so try them! :P lol

I just wanted to throw this out there….

The lovely Carol has set up a 60 Day Challenge, that’s located at the top of the stickied threads. Anyhow, EVERYONE should come and join us! We have a different challenge/goal to meet every day, and it’s just a great way to stay accountable, achieve our goals, and just support each other! So come check it out, and join in!

Andrea – Ah, yes...I’ve been through that area quite a few times. I’m up right near Notre Dame in South Bend. That’s pretty much the same type of eating I’m doing. Just making healthier choices everyday. Much luck to you!!

Jacquie – Uuuugh. I am so sorry you had to put up with that this evening. It truly disgusts me how children/teenagers, etc. act. I’ve always had respect for all of my peers, even when I went through that pain-in-the @ss teenage phase, so I just don’t understand how people can say such things. Just keep your head up, because you are doing amazing!
Old 09-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

jackie: Sorry you had to deal with that..kids can be cruel!!! Her mother should have smacked her!!! Or let you do it lol.

andrea: Welcome to a wonderful group! These ladies help keep me saine!
Closed Thread