Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1238

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Happy Thanksgiving week to all the Americans!!!
How are you going to handle this holiday??

OH! And for the exercisers, we have now exercised OVER 200,000 minutes this year!! And we are a HAIR from our yearly goal!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

YES! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We are having dinner at my brother's house...about 20 of us. I am handling it by sticking to turkey and bringing an on plan veggie casserole, a ceasar salad and low carb dessert to share. I am planning to eat well and stay on plan!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies..happy thanksgiving everyone! only 3 more days!!! I am just having dinner with my parents and we are having turkey and the traditional side dishes but i am going to exercise on thursday cause that is my circuit training day so i will burn alot of calories from doing that and i plan on eating breakfast and lunch the same as any other day in years past i would skip breakfast and lunch to save up for the big meal but not this year im doing things differently.

Hope everyone is having a good week and a good holiday!
Heather
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I think I am enjoying having Thanksgiving in October. I have eaten holiday food from Thanksgiving until Christmas many times in the past. Having them two months apart helps.

First day when it was really too cold to leave the pool with wet hair. I have a class right after my water aerobics class, so I just can't wait for my long hair to dry, and even a blow dryer only does so much. So I put a hand towel over my hair, and a balaclava over that. It was toasty, I didn't look too silly, and my hair was almost dry by the time I got to class. I'm still learning how to live here.

I've had 1522 calories so far today, and will have a bit more before turning in tonight. Got a full day of sewing ahead tomorrow. I still haven't finished his new winter coat, and he refuses to wear his old one. He's been running around with a track jacket on, and a hat and scarf. If it gets much colder before I finish his coat, he's going to freeze solid. Men are so silly. They act like clothing doesn't mean anything to them, but it does.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

morning all..
today was not a good day for me..first off TOM came..and I don't mean the turkey ... then I had stomach cramps and diarhea until I finally took an imodium. I am begining to think this is how life will be for me...I know it is not as horrible as what others have and are going through. I just dont know what to do about it. When I schedule my pap in a few weeks..I am going to talk to the new dr I am seeing. I dont know if it is IBS..or if it is from my gallbladder being out..or something else going on..but I am miserable ;(
Old 11-25-2009, 04:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, well it's been a rotten year for my family...Dad nearly died, youngest sis got divorvced & now bil is in intensive care.... I kept on at hubby to ring him but I rang all week-end, hubby tried & had to rush off, bil is diabetic & he was slurring and incoherant. Hubby had to smash through two doors bil had had a virus & hadn't moved from his bed in over a week...another day or two & he'd have died...thank goodness I kept getting onto him to see his brother.Luckily he seems to be getting better sop I ought to be positive..my dad didn't die, bil hasn't & sis is happier(for the most part). I scrubbed bil's bathroom & bedroom plus all surfaces, handles, switches everything he might have touched, hope it counts as exercise...I was exhausted at 4pm when I got home.
Hope you are all ok..Cyn - I get that too with TOM but not quite as bad.xxxxxx
xxxxxsharon
Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #8  

good morning ladies...today has been a good day so far..had to drop my husband off at work and then come over to my moms and make deviled eggs and then i decided to go visit the people at my old job ( some of the girls i am still friends with) and i really had a good time visiting them and to my surprise none of the girls really noticed my weight loss i had mentioned it to one of them and then she said that she noticed but my old boss noticed which really surprised me because he is a guy and they are usually the last ones to notice things like that so that really boosted my spirit and made me feel really good..after i pick up hubby from work im gonna go home and work out and then tonight we are having boneless pork chops and im going to have stirfried vegetables with rice and then i cant wait at 8pm is a special biggest loser where they will check up on past contestants to see how they are doing so i am really looking forward to that so im really excited cause finally tomorrow i will be able to finally start wearing my xmas tops!!!

Happy thanksgiving everyone
talk to you soon
Heather
Old 11-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

Been under the weather and doing good to eat 1000 calories. Starting to feel better, and hope to be up and around tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #10  

Happy thanksgiving ladies!! I was trying to come on here this morning to wish everyone a great thanksgiving but it kept telling me the server was busy try again later..grrr!

Anyway, I had a great thanksgiving today..We went over my moms and had all the traditional stuff and i am very proud of myself because I only had one plate of food and i couldnt finish all of that plate plus I had NO dessert and i did plan on having a small piece of pumpkin pie but i was just too full so even while people were sitting there eating pie i just said no cause i was way to stuffed to eat it and we left my moms at 9 becasue my husband has to be to work at 6am tomorrow morning so i decided when i got home while he was playing around on the computer i did a 3 mile walk which takes 45 mins plus this morning i did my 1 hr 20 min circuit training so i feel really good about my food and exercise this thanksgiving and i know i wont be gaining weight from that but i think i am going to be getting TOM next week cause im getting some symptoms that i get a week before i get my TOM and plus the scale is up 2 lbs and that could be the only reason because i have been exercising more than usual this week there has been a couple days where i have exercised both morning and night so we will have to see what the scale has to say on saturday..im hoping it will be nice to me since i have been doing extra work lol

Sorry this was so long i will talk to you ladies tomorrow
Tomorrow i get to decorate my house for Xmas..yippee!
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 11-26-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #11  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya everyone! Feeling a little better now, less anxiety and hoping to be back at work soon.

Do miss Annie Hope she is ok soon as its just not the same without her.
Only really had one proper day on track this week. Today am on track and plan to stay that way.

Near to my 1000 mins exercise goal now.

It is kinda quiet on the boards isn't it?

Nancy how u doing?

Sharon - u have had a rough year, u will be glad to say goodbye to it soon eh?? xx

Over and out Emily x
Old 11-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #12  

Tried to get on here yesterday BUT server was busy..lol

Hope everyone had a good holiday..was ok for me. I was not feeling the best ;(

Today worked 6 hours and is now watching my niece.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #13  
742,000 calories burned

Just got back from the Old Spaghetti Factory. I looked online to check out the menu, so I could plan for everything I was going to have. I ate a smaller lunch, and ended the day with 1549 calories so far. Almost 60 grams of fat, which is more than I like to have, but considering where we ate, not bad. I feel so in control right now. I think this is the longest I have been OP since I moved to Canada. I'm not sure exactly what the difference is, but it's like something just clicked again. Finally. Either that, or I just decided that I didn't need anything to magically click, I just needed to do it.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #14  

catherine: Sooo glad everything is going well with your weight loss!!

as for me: today cleaning and i think my sister might be coming over..not sure.

My son got a letter from his ex gf yesterday. I basically said that she has decided to raise the baby herself and that he is absolved from all responsibilities of the baby and for him to not attempt to contact her or her family. I know he is upset..i am so sad. I just dont get her. My son is not abusive..doesnt do drugs..or drink..and she is being well a WITCH but with a B! I knew he would have to fight to see his baby. Oh what a mess.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #15  

Cyn...i am so sorry to hear that this is happening to your son it is not right that she is not letting him be a part of his child's life when it is born maybe she will change her mind by then if not he may have to take her to court to be able to see his own child..im soo sorry i hope things get better for him and for you too.

Well, the scale wasnt nice to me today it was up a couple of pounds but i know its not because of thanskgiving i think there is 2 reasons 1) im expecting TOM soon and 2) I have been working out with 5 lbs weights every other day for at least a month now so i might be gaining more muscle and that weighs more than fat but im happy today anyway because this morning i did my 1 hr 15 min circuit training workout PLUS i did a 45 min 3 mile walk so i am really happy and i know that i am gonna try hard this week and next saturday is gonna be a great weigh-in!

Well, hope everyone is having a great saturday!
talk to you ladies later!
Heather
Closed Thread