Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #31  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh Learn I am so sorry I can only imagine how much pain you are in.
My interview went very well. I have to get fingerprinted then attend orientation and I can start working! Yaayyy Its not the job I really want but it will at least get my foot in the door with the public school system so when I graduate I can become a guidance counselor.
That is my positive for the day. My second one is...its 10:30pm and time for bed..LOL. Im sleeeepy!
Good NIght everyone..
Old 09-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #32  

Good Morning !!!
Learn.... I am hoping since you have not posted yet this morning you are in dream land getting some much needed rest !!! YOur in my prayers !! Hope you can find a way to get some relief and have a good day ...

Ag..... Goooood Morning .... I posted one of the recipes last night .. I have alot of WW recipes so I will be sharing alot more with ya !!
I sure hope you have a good weekend planned !!

Fungirl Wanted to wish you a great weekend .. Find some time for your self and treat your self special!!

Nona....Hope you come breezing through again real soon to share more positives with us !!

INK..... Have ya heard any more on your job interviews? Keeping my fingers crossed for ya !! One of theses day soon a door will open for you !! Keep your eyes open and expecting!!!!

Nooch ..... Hope you have a great weekend enjoying your family !!

CJ ... I know your off in Travel land but I wanted you to know your in my prayers ... Hopefully you are enjoying every mile you are travling and you will share all of the blessings you have recieved on your vacation ... Enjoy and hurry home safe !!

My positive for today is that I woke up before the alram That I am truly thankful for ... When I wake up with out the the alarm blasting I know I have been blessed with enough rest for the night!!
I am going to work today expecting to a positive day !!
After work I have a baby shower to attend ... ANother postive it that I will get to enjoy a time with alot of coworkers that I just pass by during a work day !! I am looking forward to relaxing and making memories with them ...
Life is good and today will even be better ..
Hope each and everyone one of you that will read or post will truly be inspired to see the positives you have in your life .. Life can get so busy and packed full of things to do we forget to see the small positives we have in our lives .. Small positives in my life are I I have a job, running water . phone , more than enough food. a wonderful hubby & cat .I live in a peaceful plave so gun fire .. So many in this world do not even have the basics so I am thankful for all the little things even good water to drink!!!
Blessings to all !!!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #33  

Good Morning My Lovelies,
TGIS, Thank God it's saturday! I love saturdays for a variety of reasons. First and most important is no school and my son is mine, all mine I tell you! Second is it's the one day that my husband has a slight chance of getting off work early. He works 6 days a week from 5 am to 5 pm, but on saturdays he can sometimes sneak out at 2 pm.
Let me get to those personals...

Oat- Good morning! I just know your gonna have an awesome day at work and an even awesomer (if that's a word) time at the baby shower. I was just going through some old pictures and came across my baby shower pictures. Then I was wondering what happened to half the people in those pictures. LOL! Have fun girl! And thanks for the recipe, I love eggs!

Ink- A big congratulations to you! Landing a job in this day and age with the school system is tuff. I have a friend that just finished school, worked her first year as a middle school teacher and was laid off. Thank goodness she did find another position, but she was sweating out the summer looking right up to about 2 weeks before school started. Glad to see your on your way to accomplishing your goal as a guidance counselor. I can already tell you'll be great at it too.

Fun- A cruise, you lucky duck you! Maybe you can smuggle a few 3FCers on board. I promise I won't tell. LOL!

Ags- You and I must have been thinking on the same wave length. I did a little food prep yesterday also. Meatballs and burger patties is what I did. Now there ready when I need them. Dinner in my house is like a 3 ring circus sometimes. I have my things I like to eat, my husband has his, my mom has her needs and then there's my son. My son's the easy one right now, it's either chicken nuggets or pita pizza. Hope you got what ever done that you didn't know what it was done. Does that make sense?

As for me, I'm doing better pain wise. It was a little intense first thing this morning, but I was kinda expecting it. I didn't take my usual Vicadin before bed last night on purpose. I have this fear of mixing prescription drugs with over the counter drugs, and one of the symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis is trouble with bowel movements (Poo Poo!). So I took some Correctol last night and skipped the Vicadin. The Correctol is doing it's job already, I've taken a Vicadin and all is well in my funny little world. I have stayed OP for the most part. Kinda taking it easy in the exercise department. Just doing a little walking. Haven't been in the pool in a while because the ladder is a challenge right now. I do what I can. My main concern is keeping a positive attitude. I read a quote the other day about attitude and I'm gonna share it with ya'll.

"A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug."

Ladies, have a wonderful day and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 09-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #34  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey, chicks!

Ags: That is an awesome idea about fixing breakfast items and freezing them! I had never thought about breakfast stuff - but you are right, those breakfast burritos would be a good, fast, healthy on-the-run meal in the mornings. I have been getting those Smart Ones canadian bacon/egg/cheese english muffins to throw in the micro on those kind of mornings - but I think I can do better with your burrito idea!

Fungirl: 10 lbs in the last few weeks!!! You ROCK! And what is this I hear about a cruise??? Did I ever mention that I have never been on one and it has always been something I wanted to do??

Oatmeal: I am so glad you joined us here. You have a very positive and kind spirit! Those mini broccoli cheese egg things sound delish!! The only thing for me is I would be tempted to eat all of them. Have a good time at the baby shower - always good to get to know people outside of the work setting. And you are right - many people do not even have the basic necessities - and some have not ever known any other way. I am thankful, that you are so thankful.

Inked: You got your foot in the door - that's awesome! So much with the public school systems makes it hard to even get the foot near the door!

Learn: I love that quote about a strong positive attitude - it is so true! I am glad you are able to manage that pain better right now You are a positive force to be reckoned with! And I second you - YAY FOR THE WEEKEND!!!!! Dinner at your house sounds like dinner at my house, too.

For me: I am glad I weighed before the TOM(foolery) began a day or two ago. At least I know I lost 2 lbs this past week before the water weight hit. Yesterday we went to the "World's Greatest County Fair". We go every year. It really is a biggie (they get half a million visitors to it during that week) - lots of free entertainment & shows, grandstand concerts by some big names, lots of booths & exhibits, animals, and of course a midway with a ton of games & rides - and FAIR FOOD (OMG I have never seen so many delicious things to avoid in one place!). But, we had the most awesome time! We got to see three shows - a ventriloquist, a wild animal show & a show with elephants. At the elephant show, the man asked for a volunteer and my son raised his hand and stood up (he's 8). He got picked! So he had to hold a little trumpet while an elephant blew into the other end with its trunk to play it. He had such a great time doing that - and the look on his face as the elephant blew and slimed the whole trumpet AND his hands, was priceless. Then both my kids got to have a ride on the elephant. It was the highlight of the day!

Other than that, I am still OP. Hopefully I'll be OP forever. I know there will be some slip ups, though. But one thing is I cannot seem to get very motivated about exercise. There is one day per week that I faithfully go to the fitness center and do the elliptical. Other than that, I rely on a little bit of walking here and there (like walking at the fair yesterday). I am not going to be concerned about it much at this point as long as the scale is going down. I am thinking when I reach around 250 lbs I will be more motivated since I won't be carrying a lot of this extra weight around.

Keep rockin it, ladies!

Last edited by HotWings; 09-19-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hot Wings - would that be the one in Spencer? Next Saturday I think half of the area will be here at my niece's wedding to a great guy from Spencer.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #36  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
Hot Wings - would that be the one in Spencer? Next Saturday I think half of the area will be here at my niece's wedding to a great guy from Spencer.
YES! That is the one. We love that fair - and Spencer is a nice, clean little community, too. Where in Missouri are you? We have often thought that living in or near Springfield would be awesome. It is a goal we have - it is less harsh as far as the winters compared to here, and there seems to be some great homeschooling opportunities in that area (a priority for us) - and you get all the shopping. Close to Branson, etc etc.. lol.. any opinions on that area?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #37  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello Baby dools,

And what a wonderful day it has been. But first, you gals are rocking,

Let's see here who is first........

Fun,
Hot diggity dang dang, a cruise, I have never ever been on one either, you think you could squeeze in a stow away, I promise I will stay out of sight LOL LOL
Also, great job on the training starting, we need all the great people in that field that we can get. Some much domestic violence going on, just not always talked about. Soooo proud of you.

Inked,
Happy that the interview was a success and you will be working soon. Kudos to you!!! Now sleepyhead, go to sleep and dream sweet dreams.

Oatmeal,
Thank you so much for the recipe, send me more!!! I have three WW cookbooks now and the Pizza recipe is from the newest one, I added brocolli florets to it and it was delicious. Hubby loved it as well, now that is saying something.
How right you are, the small that we take for granted, others do not even know what they are. How blessed we are, wish everyone knew it, right down to my kids and grandkids. One day they will appreicate it, I will keep praying for that day.

Learn,
I thought the sun was just a little brighter today, my baby is feeling better, maybe not 100%, but better, one day at a time.
And oh yeah, the prep sure did help and the darn thing was good, soooo good (the burrito that is), my daughter came home as I was making them and said, hey ma, whatcha' cooking, it sure smells good and wow, looks good too. Can I have one, I am starving. So now I am down to 7. Contiued to assemble them and wrap them up and set aside to cool before putting in the freezer. Well went to move them and gosh darn it, they were still warm, by now I am hungry, needless to say there went another one, it just bit the dusk. Now I am down to six, had to run to put the rest in the freezer cause I was scared someone else would come home. LOL LOL
Now let Ms. Correctol do her thing and stay close to the you know where??? LOL LOL Hope you hubby gets to come home early, so you all can play!!! Love that quote, thanks for posting it.

Hottie,
Hey girl, you are doing wonderful things, the fair, oh my, I have been to a state fair in sooo long, I had almost forgotten just how much they really are. I think I will put that on my bucket list. Who knows, the next one you go to, you may just run into another 3fc'er there. If you and gg live close to each other, who knows, one never knows. How fantasitc that would be. Right now, do what you can, don't worry about what you can't, one day at a time, one step at a time, and your time shall come when you can everything that you want. Quitting is not an option, so we will all get there in our own time.

GG,
I saw your face, and smiled soooo hard my face hurt. A good hurt though. So glad to see you here, even if it is just for today. We shall see, cause again, one never knows. Love you girl.

Well taters,
For me today, it was wonderful. My hubby and I spent the day together. We visited my sister, my nephew and as a bonus, my other nephew and his wife popped in. We must have stayed there for about four fun filled hours. Good talk, good company, and good food, what a blessing to my soul.
Second positive, my pizza turned out really really good, tomorrow is the chicken tortilla soup and I am ready for that. Third positive is that my hubby really liked the pizza as well and knew it was a WW's recipe.
Third positive, I am ready for Church in the morning, I have learned as long as I make sure I keep God first in my life, everything else will fall into place. Even my weight. Wooooohaaaa!!!!!!

CJ,
Be safe out there and enjoy. We will be right here when you come back. Love ya.,

Well darlings, see you all tomorrow, sweet dreams,
Hugs, love, and many blessings, and as Learn says, guardrail up and keep looking up!!!

Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-19-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #38  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Oatmeal - hope you had fun at the baby shower!

Learn - glad you are feeling a bit better! And that quote is SO RIGHT - when I think of what we've all accomplished just by changing what's in our heads... it's amazing!

Wings!!! I could not stop giggling at TOM (foolery) because mine started yesterday and yeah, I feel you! It really is turning into a dorm here with us all on the same cycle.

Ags - that sounds like a great day! Weekends that act like weekends are my favorite kind

I had a fantastic day - another 30 day cycle (eat it, PCOS - EAT IT!) and my menstrual pain is a lot more manageable this month. Did a lot of grocery shopping, some cleaning, and I made meatloaf with roasted veggies & bread pudding with whipped cream from actual cream instead of a can and I ate and enjoyed it without going crazy! I'm really learning what is and isn't worth it food-wise to me. Bread pudding made from bakery cinnamon bread - absolutely. Fried food? Not in the slightest. And so on.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, enjoy NFL SUNDAY tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #39  

Good Sunday Morning Girls,
Another weekend is ending and a new week is upon us. Why, oh why do the weekends go so fast. Oh well I must not complain or I might get kicked off the positive thread. This brings me to a new quote I found yesterday, " I can complain because rose bushes have thorns or I can rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. It's all how you look at it."
On to the personals...

nooch- OMG! Meatloaf sounds sooo good right now, even for breakfast. I can bypass the bread pudding, but the meatloaf, not so sure I could have left it to one helping.

Ags- What a wonderful day you had. Healthy eating, family and preparing to visit the man with the plan. You go neighbor.

gggirl- Glad to see you pop in, hope you can stay longer next time.

HotWings- Our Florida State Fair is pretty big also, but I just don't go anymore. It's so crowded and all that wonderful fried foods I have to resist. The last time I went I thoroughly did not enjoy myself. Glad you got to yours and had a blast though and your son got to ride an elephant, OMG! I'll bet he's still talking about it.
I'm like you with exercising right now. I rely on walking, house work and other chores. I too am hoping I'll feel better about it when the weight gets lower.

As for me, my day was pretty good. Stayed OP except for 2 chocolate chip cookies I ate while packaging up my mom's treats for the week. I have to divide all her treats up and give them to her a little at a time otherwise she eats them all at once. With dementia comes over eating and not remembering you ate, so you eat again.
Hubby got off work early as I hoped, so we just sat and talked until I fell asleep. When I woke up I found him cleaning my carpet. Not the whole carpet, just an area the cat seems to like to use as his litter box. He is in litter box retraining right now. I love my kitty and can't part with him, besides who wants an old crappin' kitty.
Well ladies my coffee is getting cold and I still have 2-3 more cups to drink. So have a great sunday and remember...

Guardrails Up & Looking Up!

Later - Learn

Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #40  

Good Morning !!!
I only have a few minutes laid in bed to long this morning !!
The baby shower was great .. The house was built like a castle it was a real show room house a 4Million dollar home all customed not one thing that didnt match .. It was unreal .. Very nice but it was a house not a home to me ..
My positive for today is that I have am so blessed to have the apartment that we have and that is it all we need and we are happy with it ... Another positive is at the baby shower I only ate a little bit of fresh fruit none dipped in chocolate and no make or chips ...

I was very pleased that I could go and enjoy friends and acquantices and not have to have all the foods to enjoy the party ..

Learn glad you can see the roses on the rose bush please take time and smell those rose bushes!!! :-)

Ag.. Hope your having a good weekend!!

Hugs & blessings to Hotwings, GGGirl , Noch, ,Ink,

Have agreat day and remember to be your own best friend and treat your self well today !!!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Ladies - I'd like to extend a special invite to the day challenge stickied at the top. Each day is something positive we can do for ourselves and participate as we can.

Today's challenge is

DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF

Hope to see you there - no rules - but the spirit driving the challenge is in my first post on that thread - hope you all got to see the show.

And what a positive it would be to see you there!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well in their weight loss journey. It is great to be back on here after being gone for awhile. My positive for the day is I am starting my week long excerise plan tomorrow. Walk during all breaks/lunches at work, come home and do my work out video, then later on try to start running. (I know it is not going to be easy in the beginning but I will start slow then work my way up.)

Last edited by uclr0028; 09-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #43  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to stop by and say hello I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #44  

Just stopping by to wish everyone sweet dreams !! Very busy day at work so I am tuckered out tonight ...
My positive is that tomorrow and tuesday are my 2 days off!!! :-)
Going to meet a friend for lunch tomorrow and do a little shopping ..
I will catch yall in the morning !! Hugs & Blessings sent your way!!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #45  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello baby dolls,

It has been a most positive day for me today and I am soooo happy to share it with all of you.

Nooch,
You are rocking it girlfriend. Cooking, cleaning, and being just good to yourself, now that is what I am talking about. Rock it darlin'.

Learn,
You could never ever get kicked off the Positive Thread. Nobody messes with my gatekeeper. LOL LOL You can take that to the bank, girlie. I don't know where you are getting these quotes, but keep them coming. Now that one was the bomb diggity. Sounds like you had a good day all a round. You deserve it!!

Oats,
You did great at the shower, you had fun, enjoyed the company, ate well, and are so thankful for everything. You cannot fail.

GGG,
Two days in a row, You are making me smile again, keep them coming. I am enjoying your 60 day challenge thread and so far so good. I have keeping up. Way to go!! Hey Ladies you all would really enjoy this, so come on over and jump right in. You will feel right at home. GG will be there with open arms.

uclr,
So happy to have you back in the house. You were missed. Look at you staying all focused and stuff. You rock momma.

Ink,
Wel hello to you too, little darling. Glad you stopped in to say hello. Hello!! Hope your weekend was great.

May day was wonderful, it started out with the big Man and today I felt closer than ever to Him. Thank you Jesus. I know who You are and who I am in You. PTL!!!

I came home a made a fantastic Chicken Tortilla soup that was absolutely awesome, and it was another hit,
Daddy loved it and went back for seconds. Oh yeah, it was a WW recipe that I tweaked with fresh cilantro and some of my own special spices. 1 1/4 cup for only 3 WW points and that included the 3 tortillas. WOW!!

Next my beautiful niece came over and gave me the pedicure of all pedicures, and I toes loved it.

What a grand day.

Well ladies, gotta run.

Hugs, love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-20-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Closed Thread