Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #31  

Height: 5'11"

Dgramie, I've put the stick back in the corner

For me, the weekend is acutally the easy part -- weigh-in is on Friday, so I can relax a little on Saturdays/Sundays (I calorie count, so as long as I meet my average number per day for a week, I can have higher or lower numbers on individual days); plus, I work on Saturdays, so I don't get lunch until after 2 pm, which means that I'm not usually super hungry for dinner.

Fridays, now, Fridays are hard for me because I weigh in the mornings, and then it's the last day of the week on my plan, so I've usually used up any "extra" calories a few days ago...

Work is...work. Getting close to finishing the giant project -- each time I do one, I swear I'm never going to take on another one again, and each time it comes along I have the WORST time saying no. Hmmm.

Hope you all are well and happy!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #32  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I got rid of two pairs of jeans and some old t-shirts today. The jeans were falling off me, the shirts were looking really tired.

Debi - I'm identifying with you about the soup...but somehow I managed to stay away from the little crackers Rhyan ate with his soup. I want to declare a no-eating-out weekend too, but I'm going to my cousin's house for an all-girl-cousin reunion, and when you get a group of Greek women together and you say "no" to the baklava, you have to be ready to get slapped into submission!

Today, my blog is all about wine. I stopped drinking it for a very long time, but recently went wine tasting and now my closet is starting to get stocked up with finds from the local wineries. I just talked to my doctor and she gave me the thumbs-up for a single glass of wine every night. I'm so happy! Will have to cut back on something else to make up for that 100 calories...yeah right!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Count me in for the NO EATING OUT weekend! Anyone want to join me in my goal to EXERCISE EACH DAY OF THE WEEKEND?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #34  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

I wanted to pop in and say hello. I haven't had nearly as much time lately as I would like to chat with you all. I miss you!

We are heading out of town in the morning for a week. SO...I will be eating out a lot over the next 7 days...and making smart choices! I will be getting in as much exercise as I can. I doubt I'll be on a computer much so you may not hear from me.

Good news...I'm at a new low today.

Very cool thing.....I have my mom and dad's wedding bands.....I don't EVER recall a time that I was able to wear my mom's band. Well....I've been wearing it all day!!! Somehow it makes me feel a part of her with me. I know she would be so proud of me. Ok..stopping before I cry.

Gotta run...

Everyone be smart, be healthy and be happy!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #35  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am up for the no eating out weekend! Doing groceries tonight so mother's cupborads wont be bare!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Carol- I will join you in exercising everyday over the weekend.

julia- get lots of good food to eat when you shop. I know for me eating is impossible if I dont have healthy stuff in the house.

barb- awesome feeling being able to wear a special person ring.I can wear my grandmothers and I always feel close to her when I wear it!!

geo- I love soup but am not a cracker fan..even with a salad Im not tempted by crackers.

walrus_ I count calories also..I think its the easiest thing for me to do and it works!!!!!

I kept my granddaughter for the past 2 days along with the other kids(3 age 3) that i keep.I was tired when they left and hubby asked what we were having for dinner and instead of saying call in fish...( baked) I asked him to grill us a small steak I had thawed.I am so glad I did!!We just saved almost 20 bucks and still had an easy dinner.
Heading out for a walk now...have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #37  

good morning,
scales are slowly creeping downward. Not really weighing in till next sat.Im so hoping by that point to be back to the 90lb mark.
Im heading to the grocery store now..hubby mentioned mcdonalds for lunch and I informed him he could have it but that Im having a blt salad when we get home..guess we will see what he choses to do.
I have a long to do list today...and it includes walking again and lifting weights.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #38  

Height: 5'11"

I feel kind of like I'm cheating, as I lost 2 pounds this week (which I'm counting as 1 pound for last week and 1 for this week), even though I've definitely done nothing to deserve it...guess I just have to get my butt back in gear this week so that I can earn whatever happens this coming Friday Hopefully going for a long walk with my husband today, though the skies are foreboding...

We may have to cancel the Paris trip -- we'd lose the cost of the trip (flights/hotels) but save both what we would have spent and also some unpaid leave days...it's a debate, for sure. We have until 2 pm tomorrow to come to a decision -- I keep going back and forth...

I'm still behind in each and every one of my jobs, but I got good sleep last night and the night before, so I'm in a pretty good mood and starting to get a little reenergized.

Not much specifically good news here -- though we had THE MOST amazing lamb kabobs last night that I've ever, ever had, if that counts -- just keeping on keeping on...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #39  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Walrus, it would be a pity if you had to cancel your Parisian odyssey, because you richly deserve to go. But if it's better for you to cancel, I hope you will be at peace about the decision. And know that they're not closing Paris down anytime soon. And people have tried!

Mmmmmm...lamb kabobs! I've been having and envy for lamb for the last week. We were going to a local Greek restaurant tomorrow night, to celebrate my parent's 50th anniversary, but as of today, both my son and I are feverish, and neither of my parents are feeling well either. We've postponed the celebration by a week. I checked the menu ahead of time and I was contemplating the lamb chops. For some reason, I love lamb when somebody else makes it. When I cook it at home, the whole house smells of lamb. I don't have a problems with that, necessarily, but later when I want to eat fish, then the house smells of lamb and fish. It takes days to get that out of the house.

I just bought a book called Why Do White People Smell Like Wet Dogs When They Come Out Of The Rain?...And Other Questions Worth A Smack On The Head From Mom. I felt compelled to buy the book because it's all about questions people have about people not like them and they didn't know where to go to ask the questions. There's a website where people can send questions, but I can't find it right now. Anyway, I'm leaving this book on my coffee table to spark conversation. I don't know if I smell like wet dog, but there's probably a top note of grilled lamb with lots of garlic in the mix.

So, now that I'm going to be home all weekend (and my cousins are mad at me for getting sick and not joining them), I guess I can participate in the not-eating-out-this-weekend project. I'll just stay in bed and drink my water, and later go for the leftover chicken soup.

Have a good weekend!

Last edited by geoblewis; 09-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #40  

I did it! I have exercised each day of the weekend - actually each day starting Thursday. And I feel safe saying we did not eat out this weekend as the steak is thawed waiting to grill for dinner. Hoping to get a walk in still to add to those exercise minutes.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #41  

Where is everyone?? I hope out exercising and doing things that make you happy! I am happy to report NO EATING OUT weekend worked for me..just had a nice lunch...hubby grilled steaks. Going to go and make some pumpkin cookies with splenda and half sugar..I will let you know how they turn out.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #42  

Oh yes I will exercise again today...weights are calling my name. I may even be able to sweet talk hubby into it.
carol- great minds think alike..steaks!!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WTG both Carol and Debbie!!

We ate out both Friday and yesterday -- plans with other couples. I did better last night than Friday. Got some exercise in all three days, too!!

Classes start tomorrow for real. I'm mostly ready, but have a few "puttery" things to do tonight to get ready.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #44  

Great job Heather! Eating out is not easy for me - you seem to handle it so gracefully.

I mowed today and got DH to go on a walk with the pups and I - YES!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #45  

STOP - GO TO NEXT WEEKS THREAD
Closed Thread