300+ Weekly Thread #1227

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
  • Had my weigh in this morning, and was up .2 lbs; bleh. Not sure why, but whatever. Haha. Not going to let it get me down or deter me! Especially, since today was also my measurements day, and I’ve lost 9.5 inches off my body over the last month!!! 3 inches being from my bust, which is great, because I carry a LOT of my weigh up there….on my back, specifically. I have a lot of back fat. But I’m quite happy to see the tape measure numbers going down.

Went to the movies yesterday, and I didn’t have ANY of my boyfriend’s popcorn OR candy that he bought. I packed myself a rice cake and some whole grain goldfish crackers, and a bottle of water, and that was all I needed.

Today, for Labor Day, Mom decided she wanted to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Lol. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, all of that. I plan on just having some turkey breast, corn, and maybe some broccoli. Not going to over indulge myself.

Heather hb – NSV’s are great aren’t they? That’s great!

Cyn – Hope you get LOTS done, so it’s not a mad dash to finish on Tuesday/Wednesday!

Heather – The money is definitely the thing that would hold me back from it. It’s $40 for an hour long session! Yikes. I’m currently unemployed, and just going to school full time, so that might have to be put on hold for now…I can just barely manage the cost of the gym itself!

Twilightwing – Congrats on your loss! Keep it up!!!
  • morning all..

I officially have a cold! UGH!! I knew I would get it. My youngest ahd it and my brother. My head literally feels like someone is squeezing it. Better to get sick now I suppose and get it out of the way before surgery.

Today we were suppose to go to my sisters for a BBQ because it is her hubby's birthday. I don't think I am going to go. I am just way to sick. And it is back to work tomorrow.
  • Kayley -- I wouldn't have been able to afford it when I was a student, so I totally get it!! Don't worry about the tiny weight gain -- you're doing great!!!
    Oh, and thanks for starting the new thread!

Cyn -- Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

My last day before work kicks in full force! Classes don't start till the 14th, but our opening week is very busy!
  • Cyn - Feel better! Colds suck.. *HUGS*

Haha, my weight is up 2 pounds, but I think I'm starting to see the hormonal, TOM coming soon, weight. God I hope so...I'm feeling a bit bloated though.

Goal for this week EXERCISE and for Heather's sanity, I'll put my times in the thread haha. I suck with the exercise! I'm like "NOOOOOO" sooo...it is my next hurdle. I sort of have the food sorted out, at least to the point where I know what I need to do and blah blah.

Hope everyone is well *HUGS*
  • Jacquie! on the exercise posting!! Did you know I started setting exercise goals because I hated to exercise? Seriously. I would sit with shoes in hand, trying to come up with excuses NOT to exercise. I still do that sometimes, but after almost 4 years I have learned that I function better and feel better (later) when I exercise. It is STILL a struggle though, which is why I still set goals for myself!
  • Well, this long weekend has been full of ups and downs for me. Saturday I got my daughters to walk with me around the neighborhood - we live in a very hilly area, so the 1.5 miles up and down hills was good for all of us. I would have liked to done a little more, but we had a busy day running errands and shopping. Yesterday was busy too during the morning, but I wasn't able to get any exercise in. I was cooking all day (or prepping anyway). We were headed to a barbecue so I made a crudite platter with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, celery, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes - and I made the Knorr's spinach dip mix with low-fat sour cream and fat -free miracle whip. It turned out really great if I say so mysellf. Then I also made an enormous salad. For dessert, I made an apple crisp with dried cherries. Without the pecans that I added in, it was only 141 calories per serving. I will have to recalculate with the pecans I threw in at the last minute. Anyway - despite my great preparations, I did TERRIBLE at the actual barbecue. I ate a metric ton of tortilla chips and black bean salsa. Between that and the big portion of brisket I ate, I think I topped out at 2700 calories yesterday - good grief!

Anyway, I am going to try to get in a little exercise today - I may aim for 1500-1600 calories all week this week to try to make amends. Yuck!

Ok - kiddos are coming upstairs now, better take advantage of snuggle time while I can! Happy Labor Day!
  • Hey ladies,

Eyes still bothering me but I have still been exercising which has really paid off. I got on the scale today and was 399 exactly, I was so excited I'm still dancing. I have met my first mini goal and am so glad to say goodbye to the 400's.
  • SouthernGal -- WTG on the mini-goal!!

Susannah -- Today is a new day -- let yesterday go!
  • Happy Labor Day everyone...today i did a 5 mile walk and i am starting to finally be able to notice a difference in the shape of my body and my face and body dont look so bloated and this morning while i was working out i was thinking about how far i have come because i remember when i first started working out doing the 2 mile walk and i would have to stop 3 or 4 times cause my back hurt too much and now i can walk 5 miles without stopping once so that is a big accomplishment. My weigh in day is friday but i always like to get on the scale every morning just to see where i am at and i was up .6 this morning but i am going to be getting my TOM so i am pretty sure that is water retention cause my weight was actually like 2 lbs heavier yesterday so i know it water retention cause im gonna be geting that TOM but i feel great today!

Sorry no personals right now, i have to go decide what im gonna wear to my parents bbq later i might wear one of my tops that i havent worn in a while so i will talk to you girls later!

Have a great labor day!
    Heather
  • Hi All,

We finally got rain last night! AZCYN: Sorry about your cold. Did you get any rain?
    I spent yesterday on the local mountaintop and it was lovely to be in a GREEN place.
    Today is a the start of a new week and I bid adieu to a really bad one. I have renewed my my dedication to living healthy and look forward to feeling way better.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week.

Pennie
  • With that big feast of a dinner, I still managed to keep my calories good. And I even had a tiny sliver of pumpkin pie. I didn’t overdo it, I had about 3 bites worth, total. It’s nice to be able to enjoy a small amount instead of pigging out on half a pie!

A few personals before bed. Tomorrow is my full session with the trainer. Wish me luck! I even took the day off of exercising today, so I wouldn’t be ready.

Cyn - Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Heather - Good luck this week! The first couple of weeks are always the worst for me…and I’m only a student…so I can only imagine what you’ll have to deal with.

Savannah – Today is a new day! Hope it was better for you than yesterday.

SouthernGal – CONGRATS! That’s a big milestone. Keep up the great work. Onward and downward to your next goal!
  • Hi just been to see the Dr AGAIN!!! I'm going on HRT as I can't put up with the 'brain fog' /memory loss, mood swings/depression AND hot flushes any more. He's looking into the most suitable one as my Mum had breast cancer linked to HRT, he's going to ring me to collect arescription as soon as he's found the right one. Good news my blood pressure is 120/70 (I think, lol!!! I forgot BUt it is a VERY good healthy level, for any age/weight, which was nice to know. The Dr said I will be gaining weight due to the menopaue so I HAVE to exercise & diet NOW. No more excuses!
    Kayley WTG on the back fat, isn't it VILE?!!! So happy the tape measure is showing such a FAB loss too.xxxxxx
    Southerngal WTG!!! You are doing SO WELL!!!xxxxxxxx
    Annie how are you?xxxxxxxx
    Valerie, are you lurking??? Hope you are well & happy.xxxxxx
    Zelma I'm thinking of you & your whole family.xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxsharon
  • Heather - You're totally right. I SHOULD and WILL make small daily exercise goals. This morning my alarm went off at 5am and I was like "groans" then I actually started to talk myself into staying in bed. Suddenly I groaned, cursed under my breath, got up and went for my walk about 15 minutes later. lol. So, I CAN do it...I just have to kick my tushy sometimes. Besides it is 45 minutes to add to the exercise thread.

I think your way of doing goals is the only way I'm gonna get over this hurdle. It can be a real downer and my hip was so stiff on my walk. I can tell my body NEEDS to be active.

Kayley - I think desserts taste better now that I have a little bit. I don't know what it is...but I am really picky about sweets. I like to enjoy things and have "moments" with them and I don't need much anymore. Enjoying a tiny piece of awesome and high quality chocolate makes my week!

Zelma - Thinking of you. Hope you are okay.

Annie - Thinking of you as well, hope you are doing okay with your attacks you keep having. I hope you take some time to heal.

Voodoo - I hope you get your prescription soon!

Well, got up this morning, did my walk. Probably not going to have time to do my cardio workout later, but i'll try to get it in. I desperately need to get to the store, but my boyfriend is sick. I don't drive and kind of spend a lot of time in my apartment (a lot of time) alone, so I'm thinking it might be time to start studying up to get my license again.

While I was walking this morning, it is still dark and I just got back, I heard this rustling next to me. I walk in one of those cookie cutter developments...but it is nice. Sidewalks, some nature, etc. Anyhow, I heard this rustling and I look down, mind you it is dark except for a few lights here and there, and there is a friggin' skunk! I jump and go "JESUS!" cause the little guy scared me lol. He was all like "OMG A PERSON! AT THIS HOUR?!" so He was all getting ready to spray me if I got any closer, and I was like really close. An inch from the guy lol. So, he backed up and I went on my way, but the look on his face was like "ACK!" and the look on my face was "ACK!" lol

Haha....you had to be there.

*HUGS*
  • Kayle- good job on the inches, two pounds is not much perhaps TOM creeping up?

AZC- Hope you feel better soon, summer colds are the worst.

Jac- Yep could be time of the month. I always go up anywhere from 2- 5 lbs.

Susannah- Have fun snuggling with the kiddies, I miss that. Don't worry about the extra calories, now is the time to move on and like you said cut back this week.

SouthernGal - way to go on the weight loss. Doesn't it feel great.

Pennie- That is all that matters is knowing what is going on then ready to change it.

Voodoo- Good job on the Bp, sorry that you have HRT. Cancer is a pain it runs in my family as well.

Annie- Hope you are doing alright. I keep you in my prayers.

Zelma- Just saying hello and hope you are well also.

well girls I think I got to everyone yesterday was a very relaxing day, stayed on track and even did a work out, I'll post in the exercise thread. I noticed that my bra is fitting better, I don't have that overhang on the sides anymore. May try a smaller bra just to see. Any way back to work for me as I have had four days off and am not looking forward to it..ah well at least it's a short day. I did have one panic attack yesterday but I turned on some soothing music and sat and meditated. Have a great day everyone.