Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all--i just had to come on here really quick and say that after my hubby and i had our little fight he went to go to the library and when he came back he had a dozen roses for me and they are beautiful so i have to forgive him for not cleaning and he said that he bought them for me just because not because we had a fight he is a sweetie i will give him that.

Well, our homemade pot pie is almost done so i will be back later!
Heather
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #17  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Annie – You are so close to 300lbs down! I am so proud of you! I’m glad your boss agreed to help get you back into the groove at work. I hope having your own office will do wonders for you, since I know you are a very valuable employee to have.

Heatherhb – Just keep looking forward. Don’t focus on how much you could have lost, focus on how hard you are working to get healthy! I’m glad your hubby brought you flowers. My ex often pulled stunts like that. I’d ask him to do the dishes while I was at work, and the whole batch of them would still have food stuck on them. I finally got to the point where I’d just do everything, but then I’d resent it.

Kayley – I haven’t decided what WLS I am going with yet. I am not a very good candidate for the lapband, so I will probably have gastric bypass unless I can find a reputable surgeon close by who is able to perform a duodenal switch.

Sus – Hope you are feeling better today!

Pennie – I want a Bod pod! I keep thinking it will motivate me to do more, but there’s the expense to consider. I hope you’re having a better day today!

Cyn – Glad your GI doc was better with you this time around. I’m also glad they got it figured out. I know surgery is scary, but just think how much better you will probably feel afterwards! I have a hard time waking up after surgery. I hope as I lose weight it will be easier!

Sharon – SB works wonders for some people. I know what you mean about the boredom, but if you feel so much better on it, maybe try to mix foods and recipes up a bit to keep it interesting?

Tracy – Sorry you’re so frustrated right now  Hopefully it’s TOM and hormones, but either way, I hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel – some days I feel like I’ve accomplished NOTHING with my life!

Beth – 2lbs lighter than when you started is definitely something! Glad you’re back on track.

Twilight – Hope you feel better! And WELCOME to our little corner of the world!

Catherine – One of our biggest issues is that many people are too busy to volunteer. By that, I mean a lot of them are working 2+ jobs, have families, some go to school, etc. I got roped into doing some volunteer recruitment and management and I am now having to “fix” past issues where our volunteers really weren’t valued enough to make it worthwhile. Plus, my organization isn’t exactly all rainbows and sunshine – we do a hard job, and it’s stressful enough when you get paid to do it. A lot of people don’t think it’s worth it to do it if they’re not being paid. How was your first day of school?

Jacquie – How are you going to manage raw tacos?! I’m trying to picture it but having a hard time.

As for me – I’ve managed to pack my breakfast and lunch, and I am staying within my calorie range. I finally bought new shoes so I can go for a walk without killing my feet. I have also had the added benefit of cutting back on soda, though it wasn’t intentional. I’m working on making better choices for dinner, and actually plan it out rather than just winging it. Tomorrow is lunch with the co-workers, but I’ve already planned what I am having, and I am bringing a snack to eat shortly before so I don’t overdo it. Hopefully the rest of the week will be as OP as the first two days have been!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Smile

Hi Everyone

I was naughty tonight and had some junky food for dinner. Really, I know that it was stress-eating and I am so ready to be done with that for good. Plus I was zombified today due to the sedative I took to sleep last night. I am in a bit of a bind because I really don't sleep well without one even if I exercise. I hate that drowsy, no-energy feeling that ruins the whole day. Anyway, enough of that.

The name of the armband metabolism reader I wear is the GoWear Fit. ONe of the interesting things it measures is how much sleep I get. I am sure short of 8 hours. I catch up most of my sleep in a comfy armchair. I have never been diagnosed with sleep apnea but I believe that I have it since I have to sleep in the armchair to keep my passages open.

I am not very good at personals but I take support from every post and would like to wish everyone some positive vibes and continued support.
Pennie
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Good morning, all. I fully intended on getting a workout in this morning before class, on top of going to the gym this afternoon. But alas, I ended up only getting 2 hours of sleep, and I’m just exhausted! But I’ll be at the gym here in about 5 hours, so it’s not a completely lost cause. Haha.

Twilightwing – Yikes! Feel better soon!

Jacquie – Raw tacos?! How exactly does that work….?

Brandnewme – Hoping you have an OP rest of your week! Keep up the good work.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Kayley and brandnewme - There are two ways. You can dehydrate tortillas for the shell (many recipes for that) or you can just use a big lettuce leaf or collard green. I'm doing it that way for now as I don't have time to mix up something for the dehydrator. The you make your taco meat by grinding up walnuts with seasoning and some other stuff, depending on what you like. You can make raw sour cream with cashews or sunflower seeds and even a sort of "cheese" with nuts too. I'm going to make sunflower seed sour cream, walnut meat, guac, and fresh salsa for mine. Next time when I have time I'm going to make my own tortillas and dehydrate them. Yay!

The other idea is to have a taco salad, I might do that tonight as I'm going to be in a rush to prepare something. Just throw it all together and voila, taco salad. I don't eat meat, cheese, dairy, or eggs and would like to be mostly raw, but I do like cooked foods still so I go back and forth between the raw world and the vegan cooked world.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

Jacque: so when you say raw..does that mean you don't cook the meat????

Pennie: Thanks I might check one of those out

As for me: I made an appt with the surgeon yesterday for Sept 10th. So that will be after our move. Hopefully I can survive that long. Sometimes it really starts hurting. I gotta get on looking into finding a good Gyno dr. I gotta get my pap this month and want to get check for ovarian cancer just in case.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #22  

G'morning my Peeps,

The weather was much cooler in the DC burbs yesterday and BikerChick snuck out of the house for a 5.5 mile ride.

I know I have been very low key this summer around here. The combination of family stress and trying not to use food as sedation has been very taxing. My therapist and I looked at my weekly menu and I'm not eating junk food, I don't drink sodas and I'm eating reasonably healthy things (yogurt, cheese, fruit, nuts.. little meat). My problem is that I tend to eat every 2 hours, so calories add up quickly. My average daily calories are around 2800. I get so frustrated when I hear people who just cut eating out at McD's or just cut out soda and lose weight like magic. I marvel at my small friends who eat 10x more than me and don't gain an ounce. It's probably just my frustrated mindset right now, so just ignore my venting!!

Kaylee, it's wonderful to see your inspiring typing each day. Keep up the great work!!

Hugs to everyone,

Luv,
Ratkity

PS good luck on all you teachers and students on your first day back!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Oh my so sorry I've not been coming to post things been so crazy since moving but getting into our schedule now. Weight wise doing good slow but good. Now that we almost all unpacked I'm back to working out again. I had a panic attack on Friday in the car hate it and the other day. I said no more back to working out as soon as I stop it starts. I feel good expect for allergies but pollen is high today. Also doing Yoga to feel better I LOVE IT! Also I have just found the Twilight series and am addicted our library told me New Moon was first book. Well found out no its not so now got 3 more to read. And our library doesn't have them . Mike is a sweetie and is gonna get it for me and the movie. I watched the movie online already so good. can't wait for New Moon to come out in Nov. It only took me 3 days to read New Moon.

Annie~ So glad your boss is working with you.

voodoo1~ I agree that is werid not losing on low carb. I don't know what to say about doing SB I did and lost 40lbs but gained it all back when I added in more carbs. I'm now doing WW and doing good might be slow but its ok by me. I'm learning about healthy choices and portion control.

Bazz~ Good job on getting back on your diet

brandnewme~ Good job keep it up!

Ratkitten~ Hang in there girl you will figure it out
Old 09-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #24  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies.
well, i think i have figured out how i got such a horrible UTI when i had given up the soda and was mainly on bottled water. mom's hospice nurse came by last night and i asked her about it.. she asked me if i had been drinking as much water as i had soda... duh, i hate water, so i hadnt been drinking much at all.. even with triple digit weather... so i guess if your urine gets too concentrated,, walaaa... owie lol.
if nothing else it is another reason for drinking plenty of water..
i havnt been eating much as i was in too much pain at first, and now the antibiotics have been messing with my stomach... but today is my last day of them so hopefully ill get back to normal in the next day or so.
i hope everyone is having a great day and able to stick to thier plans
Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Cyn - I hope you'll be okay. Sounds like you are going through a lot. As for your question, there isn't any "meat" in terms of from an animal. The walnuts are processed with seasoning and you don't cook that. The idea behind raw food is food that is not cooked as cooking kills off the nutrients and enzymes. So you can dehydrate things because it is at a lower temperature. I don't believe anyone can be 100% raw though as there is always a level of processed. Even "raw cashews" are not raw as they have to be processed with steam in order to get the poisonous oil off. Kind of getting off track, but hopefully that makes sense.

So, basically I take raw walnuts and I process them in a food processor with seasoning and other things to make it into something I like that and resembles taco "meat." Basically I take that and dump it into a salad or a container to dish it out for later. Today i'm going to make "mock tuna salad" haha...basically nuts processed with things to make it into a tuna salad thing. No tuna, not cooked, just nuts and veggies. Hopefully that makes sense.

I eat this way naturally, but I also enjoy cooked foods and I'll have something vegan that is cooked and be happy. Then i'll want only raw foods and will be happy with that. I'm on a raw kick right now...so all in all I'm about 80-90% raw foodist.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 09-02-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

twilightwing- I add a to go packet of crystal light 64 ounces of water..the kind meant for 16.9 ounces.Its gives the water a bit of flavor. UTI are my least favorite thing in the world and I get more than my fair share of them. GUZZLE that water
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Wow, I barely made it through my class this morning. I was nearly asleep about halfway through, but managed to slap myself awake. Haha.

Got in my gym time, and feeling really….strong today. I love it when I can just feel my muscles working, and getting stronger.

Jacquie – Ahhh, that makes sense now. I have a couple of Vegan friends, but I wasn’t sure if you were in that category/raw foodist, or if you actually ate raw meat. (I know people that do this, and not going to lie, it kind of freaks me out. Haha).

Cyn – Well, that’s only a little over a week, so that’s not TOO long to wait, thankfully. I hope that you are not in too much pain until then.

Ratkitten – I try to keep a positive outlook on weight loss…if I don’t, I’ll just sink back down into my depression even more. I like to help try and keep people motivated, so they don’t give up. Because we are SO worth this. What’s your daily intake supposed to be at? I was hoping that since I gave up Diet Soda, and only drink water, that more weight would come off, but it doesn’t seem to be. But I’ll keep up with it, because my body just FEELS better when I drink water.

Ally – It’s amazing how much Yoga just makes you feel so much better, isn’t it? Keep it up! And you know what they say….I know it’s cliché, but ‘slow and steady wins the race’.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Hi ladies.. Sorry I've been a bit MIA - my allergies are mostly under control - my eyes are still a bit itchy, but I'm doing much better. Yesterday I did my regular lower body strength training and then did my 4th day of week 2 on the Couch to 5k (Cyn - I love it!! Of course my "run" cycles are only up to 3.5 mph, which is probably a moderate walk for many, but hey - I can see improvements and it's still kicking my rear (in the good way), so I'm sticking with it.)

Then I got to go to a golf tournament yesterday with some of my senior managers for a charity event for one of my clients. I don't golf - not even a little, but I did try on about 1/3 of the holes, and had great time driving the golf cart (hee hee!). I managed to stay AWAY from all the free snacks, beer and booze, so I'm calling the day a success!

Today, however, I'm a little achey - I guess I walked a bit more than I thought I did on the course - and today is my "off" day for weights, so I just skipped the gym altogether. How come on days when I don't go to the gym, I crave more "snacky" foods than normal? I figure I'll do 2 more days of "week 2" and then start Week 3 on Saturday.

I need to find more ways to get active so I'm thinking of joining a recreational sand volleyball league - I haven't played volleyball in MANY (like 20+) years so I'm not sure how well I'll fit in. I'm going to go check it out with a coworker who coaches a couple of teams on Tuesday next week. Anybody got any other great ideas for ways to get active without it being a fitness focus? (I already go to the gym, I'm looking for ways to have FUN and be active....)

Ok, I took my month 2 pics today - I'll see if I can post them here later today. I can't see much change in my body shape, but I see a difference in my face for sure.

Have a great day ladies - more later!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #29  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

My idea of fun exercise is disc golf. I also love water aerobics, but I tend to be all business in the pool.

I spent the afternoon writing a speech for himself for tonight. The province has decided to close most of the only secure mental hospital in this part of Alberta. They have to leave the forensics ward where those who have been acquitted or murder by reason of insanity live. They want to move 150 people into community treatment. It's hard enough to find places to put group homes for those who have been stabilized, but truthfully, how many of us would want a group home for people who are off their meds and actively psychotic next door to us? Basically instead of receiving appropriate treatment in a safe hospital setting by professionals, "treatment" will be handed over to the police and homeless shelters. His speech is at a Union meeting for those nurses and therapists that will lose their jobs when it closes.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 383/322.5/160

Oops - I guess I can't post pics until I've made 25 posts. Oh well.
Closed Thread