Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good Morning ladies!

Hot Wings- Good for you! You rock! I bought tons of yummy things at Trader Joe's. Granola Cereal, fruit, French-style pizza, roasted corn, sprouted wheat bagels for starters. I LOVE Trader Joes

Learning- Trader Joes is a grocery store that sells organic foods. It's where I get all my healty stuff. They also sell international foods-Indian, Italian, Greek etc.

CJZee- It makes such a HUGE difference. The first time I really didn't want to go. But I did it anyway and after a while I started to look forward to going. Yesterday I had an intense circuit training session yesterday and I literally worked every muscle! I'm so sore this morning but I'm so proud of myself. I feel stronger after each visit. When I was working out before, I think I hurt my rotator cuff, but the trainer showed me a exercise that I could do to strengthen the musles around it.

dgramie- Congrats on the lost

Betty grrl- I'm glad youu're feeling better! You'll be back to normal in no time

My positive today is that I feel great...I'm extremely sore, but I feel so proud of myself. In the past, when it came to working out, I would give up in 7 minutes. I had to really give myself a stern talking to and a long look in the mirror so I could stop living in denial about my weigh gain and what my future would be like if I didn't do something about it now. I knew that if I didn't do someting soon, I would keep gaining and end up immobile. I had to see how close I was to that result. Everytime I workout I think about how difficult it used to be, not because I was out of shape, but because I started talking myself out of exercising the minute that I started. It is really mental for me and it's been great realizing that I could do it. I can jog on the tradmill now. I can actually do the preset programs all the way through without lowering the speed or incline. It's amazing how much I've changed mentally since July.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

i started to work out today , it was only for ten mins as each of the six wants you to start out with ten to fifteen then the next week increase by two reps of ten to fifteen then so on, but hey it's a start. I am using three lb weights for each and and found a hope to be great muscle toning program online, it's six exercises to work biceps, triceps, butt, abs, back and chest. I felt the burn LOL, and I feel great so that is my positive thing today. Good job ladies and keep up the good work. I am proud of you all.

Last edited by TracyB73; 08-17-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #273  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

I have read everyone's but just to exhausted to respond to each one right now, but I will say, everyone had a POSITIVELY POSITIVE DAY!!!!! You all are learning to new things about yourselves and discovering and uncovering strengths within yourselves. It almost does not get any better than that. I am so proud of each and everyone of you, keep it going sweet tater's.

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES

LauraLou and TracyB

Hugs, love and many blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 08-17-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello all you beautiful cats and kittens !!

Haven't posted on this thread for awhile but have been reading it every day. You ladies are rockin the positives !!

My positive for the day... convinced TGH to do yoga with me and he really liked it so it seems I have a yoga partner !! Also went to the podiatrist for a painful heel and he was able to 'fix' me right up and now it doesn't hurt !! I was a bit worried I would have to take down the walking a bit but he assured me I was 'good to go'. Yay !!

Have a great day/evening !!

Leslie
Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #275  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Well my positive for the day is......I have eaten very well today and I have been enjoying all this time with my little guy. How I managed to leave out my positive I don't know, I swear it was there.

Well I must really be tired!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #276  

Good tuesday morning girls,
Positives, positives everywhere! A negative would not survive in our positive jungle. If the evil negative entered our positive jungle he would turn and run with his tail between his legs.

CJ- Thank you for the wonderful kind words. You also are part of us lovable and beautiful people. O.K. I'm gonna have to get me a copy of Tom Venuto's book.

One- How was your day of pampering? Sounds delightful.

dg- WOW!!! 4 pounds! Your kickin' butt darling!!!

betty- Enjoying the Dim Sum! You enjoyed your time with your honey, that's what counts.

HotWings- You are kickin' butt also!

fungirl- I googled Trader Joe's and it looks like a great place. No locations in Florida though. Oh Well!

TracyB- Workin' out and getting fit, one small step at a time! That's the way to do it.

Leslie- Alright, you got yourself a yoga partner! Maybe I should get my DH to try it with me. I have to get a new DVD player first. Mine bit the dust 2 days ago.

Ags- You were having so much fun with your grandson is how you forgot to include your positive! That's alright gramma, we'll forgive you. Great job on your eating also!!!

As for my personals for yesterday...
* I had a bunch of errand and such to do yesterday. Phone calls, orthodontist with my son, stop and get meds for mom, etc... and I got through them all. I feel like I drove a 1000 miles. Everywhere I had to go was in the opposite direction of each other.
* Stayed on plan all day, cause I was too busy!
* And saw that one of my favorite programs is starting on 09/21. Dancing With The Stars! And one of my favorite people is competing this year, Donny Osmond (and they call it puppy loooove...). Back some 40 years ago I was actually a member of the Osmond Brothers Fan Club. Every month when Tiger Beat Magazine came out I was plastering pics of Donny and his brothers on my bedroom wall.
OOOH, I wonder if they can convince Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy to dance also. That would be the ultimate dance showdown.

Well that's it for me at this moment girls!

Have a great day and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post

CJ- Thank you for the wonderful kind words. You also are part of us lovable and beautiful people. O.K. I'm gonna have to get me a copy of Tom Venuto's book.
Learn -- thank you, back at ya! BTW, HotWings told me Amazon.com has "The Body Fat Solution", Tom Venuto's hardcover book, on sale for $10.

For my positive of the day, I'd like to share a memory with everyone about how I try and separate "being fat" out from "being beautiful" "being worthy" "being successful" "being loveable" " being active" or whatever. Somehow, we have morphed into believing that "being fat" trumps and negates every other good quality we have. That is just plain wrong.

Logically, we know this is not true. We see examples every day of people who are both fat and successful, active, loveable, whatever. But it doesn't stick in our heads somehow. We are always overshadowed by and defined by being overweight (mostly by ourselves).

It happens to me, but I'll tell you when I had a (little bit of a) turning point. It was some years ago after my ex and I broke up. I was feeling very fragile and overwhelmed (I tend not to show it). I often go swimming at the public pool, and at the time there was a group of older black men that would sit on the benches near the pool and shoot the bull with each other every day. Well, after swimming, I would often sit with them for awhile and got to be a peripheral part of "the group."

One day, they got into a discussion of what type of women attracted them. (This was purely a physical discussion, if you add in personality, intelligence, kindness, loyalty, etc. the "weight" of fatness becomes even more diluted).

And, as it turned out, one of them expressed what had eluded me before --

"It's the WHOLE PACKAGE" that attracted him ... hair, stance, voice, skin, style, body shape (not just weight), walk, hands, make-up, feet, eyes, smile etc. etc. It occurred to me that "fatness" was only one relatively small part of the equation.

So this was my epiphany ... that "it's the whole package". I still was not (and am not) happy with being heavy, which is why I am here. But I know that it does not make me any less worthy than anyone else and that I still can be beautiful and loveable and smart and funny totally apart from the fact I am overweight.

I don't know if that little story will help anyone, but it has helped me. C.J.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #278  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey, chicks! WHOA.. you look fantastic! Have you been losing weight?

Fungirl: I am so with you on the mental thing & exercise! You did GREAT and are conquering it! I got a headache yesterday morning & generally felt bad (kids had colds and now I have it).. so I used it as an excuse to skip my cardio. Yeah, I felt bad. But I *could* have done it anyway.. I chose not to. Bad dog, no biscuit!! lol

TracyB: You are doin it girl, way to feel the burn!

LeslieB: Yoga with a partner - and TGH no less! That will be awesome.

Ags: Look at you - eatin well & playin with the grandson. Sounds like you had a terrific day

learn: Errands just plain wear me out! LOL.. Donny Osmond.. I used to just love the Donny & Marie Show! ("I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock n' roll"..) My big crush, though, was Scott Baio. I was a member of his fan club. LOL! Tiger Beat was the best thing ever to me back then.

CJ: THANK YOU for posting that. It is SO hard to try and remember that it is not solely our weight that defines us. I have slipped a bit on that one. It's very hard - it's such an outward proof of what is obviously a flaw in control over that part of our lives. Other things can be covered & hidden, but not that. I am guilty of letting it take over my perception of myself... and I did "let myself go" for quite some time after having children. Now, when I see someone who looks like I did after having my kids.. I just know they think it's all about their weight and they stopped caring about the rest of their appearance because of it. There are still times when I feel like it defines me to some people. But, those people really are not worth my time and will have none of my attention when I am svelte. Too bad, so sad.

For me: I am... OP! Yesterday I found it hard to get in all my calories, because I got my kid's cold and didn't feel like eating. I also did not drink enough water! I have to stop doing that - I really don't want the whole retention thing again! Weight lifting also for me today in about an hour or so.. then off to look after my mom & dads garden while they are out-of-town.

Stay strong & lovely, lovelies!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #279  
Eyes on the Prize

Whoops... forgot something. I have started a 3FC blog.. it's almost ready to go.. is there anyone that would like for me to link to their blog on my sidebar??? I'd like to put some links there for people from this thread.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #280  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hey everybody!

Ags - great to hear you are having fun with your grandson - I wish I had my nephew (the one who lives in MD) more often!

Learn - I love making a list and checking off every item - go you!

CJ - thanks for posting that! I try to spread that attitude everywhere I go

Wings - keep water bottles EVERYWHERE! that's what I do! Hope you feel better!

As for me... TOM started today! Hooray! I have vicious menstrual pain but I also have PCOS and I would suffer through pain a thousand times worse than this to know that I am conquering my PCOS and that I am ovulating and menstruating normally. Since stopping hormonal birth control, beginning metformin/spironolactone/various supplements in January I have had ovulatory cycles in April, May, June, July, and now August. All the pain is worth it because I am beating PCOS!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #281  

Good wednesday morning,
Well I don't know what happened yesterday, but we had a low attendance here on the positive thread. There must have been something in the air that kept people away. Or just life in general.

CJ- Thanks for the heads up on Tom Venuto's book being on sale on Amazon.com. Will order friday along with a DVD I've been wanting to get to replace a worn out VHS tape.

HotWings- Sorry your feeling under the weather. If you don't feel like eating at least stay hydrated. Be Well my friend!

nooch- WOW!!! You are finding a positive in TOM! How wild is that? I'm glad your beating the PCOS. Hey great idea about the water bottles everywhere.

O.K. believe it or not it's my turn.
*Positives for yesterday are I stayed plan with my eating.
*I skipped the pool exercises, but that's because I did over an hour of walking at my son's school, which included stairs. He had orientation and we walked the campus, even though he said he knew where all the classrooms were. It made mom feel better and I like to meet all his teachers face to face. My only concern is the way they scheduled his lunch. After 5th. period he goes to lunch and then has one more class and then goes home. I worry about him getting to run down before he can refuel again. He eats like a bird, so I'll have to make sure he gets a good breakfast. If it becomes a problem for him I told him I'd contact the school to have his lunch changed.

Well that's it for me at this moment girls!
I sure wish some of you M.I.A.'s would stop in for a visit, Shia, look, thighs, Sara, ruby2sday, Downsize, uclr0028, ladynredd, Aclai, ernurse, Temple, Maria, dgramie, Tracy and TracyB73, we miss you!

Have a great day and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #282  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping in to report....

Had a horrid weigh in last night!!! 8lbs UP!!! Ugh!!! I seem to be retaining a ton of water (plus TOM is still waiting to arrive).

BUT I'm not gonna let that get me down. This week is a new and fresh week and no more treats!! Last night I bought some grapes and oranges. Plus I pre-planned my next couple of days for food. I'm gonna try to make it to the gym on friday (I have the chiro on thursday). Last night I managed to do ALL the laundry (including dog beds, blankets etc). It felt sooo good. Plus, I'm almost done cleaning the spare room!!! AND...I folded and put away ALL the clothes!!! Its getting there...

Hope you all have a good day!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #283  
Eyes on the Prize

WOW.. some ladies are MIA - very slow yesterday here! I am sure life is getting in the way... but I hope everyone comes by and gives us a shout!

nooch: I see you have started the TOM train.. I wonder how many of us will be in sync this time. I am expecting Aunt Flo today or tonight. Way to go at beating PCOS! It is awesome that you can feel elated when it happens! I wish that were me. When I was young, and first learned about the "womanly" stuff, I was like WTH? What do the GUYS have to do? Nothing?!?! This SUCKS. LOL! I know it is necessary, etc.. but it doesn't stop me from hating it each month. BTW.. I now have a bottle I am going to fill up with water 3 times per day and carry it around with me - it's about 32 oz. Great idea about leaving some bottles in key places, though - I think I will try that, too!

learn: Very cool that you could go to your son's school and get the lowdown on everything. Wow, that's a late lunch, though. I didn't realize there were schools going that late into the day with it - kinda crazy! Great job staying OP!

betty: The pre-planning thing is SO key for a lot of people - especially when trying to get back on track. And 8lbs up with TOM on the way is definitely some water retention! Ugh I am back to nearly a gallon of water per day.. sheesh it is so hard to get all the water in.

Now for me: Back on track with exercise. I seem to do really well with the eating, and not so consistent with the exercise (at least in the last 5 days or so). But today was my elliptical day.. and I love that day. I tried some high intensity interval type training (HIIT) with it. It really gave me a workout - way better than my usual elliptical days - and in 10 minutes less time than I was spending before! Yay! So I am sticking to 20 minutes of cardio now instead of 30.. and I will play with the intensities instead of adding minutes as I go along. I am just not a great exercise lover when it comes to some of the things I need to do (yet)... so the faster it is over, the better. LOL!

For part of my lunch I had the last ear of fresh sweet corn in the fridge that I got from a local farmer. Waaaaa! Sweet corn season is nearing its end here. Please join me in a moment of silence to remember its one month legacy. *bows head* Now on to the fresh tomatoes.

Let's do this thing today, ladies!

Last edited by HotWings; 08-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #284  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Learn - gotta be honest, I'd see if I could get the lunch changed no matter what - when I was in high school and had lunch right before my last class I usually skipped my last class! The temptation was too great for me! And you are right about the timing of the lunch even if he won't be tempted to skip - the day just drags and drags and he probably will feel run down and tired.

Betty - send me some do-your-laundry vibes! I washed the cat beds the other day and I had forgotten that they were brown - they looked gray from all the assorted cat hair on them! And don't worry about your WI if you're nearing your period - it will all leave soon!

Wings - my PCOS appeared so early that I never had time to even resent it! It was apparent to me that things were not right by 13 so I kind of feel like I missed out on a major rite of passage - menstrual whining! Sometimes now I am so close to crying about it but I think of how hard I have worked to conquer it and I just say to myself, serenity now, you need this! And after a few minutes I stop wanting to whine. And girl, enjoy that corn! I love corn!

Positives for me today - selling a bunch of my 26s and 24s on ebay, bought a pair of 22s from torrid (I think I mentioned that already), and going to knit a baby blanket for a college friend's daughter who is due in october! yay!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #285  
Eyes on the Prize

nooch - did we chase everyone away?

Where all my buddies?
Closed Thread