3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is......Part Four

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #151

Good sunday morning ladies,
Well saturday is gone and positives were had by everyone, even if you didn't see it the positive was there.
Jacque- You asked, "if we could bottle life changing attitudes, how much would we change?" That really got me thinking and to tell you the truth nothing. Everything that didn't turn out the way I would have liked were things I couldn't have foreseen. I have to look at those things as life's lessons and hopefully when given the opportunity I'll be able to use those lesson's at another place and time. My attitude has always been the same, just life was steering me in the wrong direction. My guardrails were down. Thank you for making me realize that.

Down- My kitty is feeling a little bit better, thank you! The vet gave me an option of liquid or pills for his meds and I always choose the liquid. It's just easier to put the syringe in the side of his mouth and squirt it in there. I've been bit too many times (once) trying to give a cat a pill. Dog's I have no problem giving pills, but cats no way. How was the movie? I'll see it when it comes out on video, I'm not much on theaters.

Candi- Just keep on truckin' that scale will move eventually. I'm going thru the same thing. I'll drop a half pound or so then TOM will come and leave a deposit of 7 or 8 pounds.

fungirl- 9 inches, unbelievable!!! That is fantastic. Keep it going!

lady- Welcome back and congratulations on the 4 pound lose, but please stay longer next time.

Rena- You are just an inspiration. You probably mentioned this already, but what kind of dogs do you have? I have a wonderful black lab and she loves her walks with me on our property off leash. Her favorite thing to do is rolling in the grass and chasing tennis balls. I hit the tennis balls with a racket, it's easier on my shoulders.

look- You are the Terminator of Closet Cleaning. Wanna come do mine?

Ags- Look at you getting out and enjoying some family time. That's the way to enjoy life. I wish my family was interested in get togethers, but they can't be bothered. I use to arrange them but got tired of doing all the work and nobody showing up. Did you get a full nights sleep? I hope so.

betty- Sorry you've been under the weather and do hope you feel better soon. Did the dogs enjoy their visit to the park?

As for me, my positives are I stayed on plan and I made it in the pool to exercise. I walked 30 minutes and did 500 of my floating stomach crunches I invented.
TOM came early, but I have dropped half the water weight already and with any luck next sunday when I weigh in I'll see a lose.
Ladies have a great day and remember...

Guardrails Up!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #152
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday all. I'm having a lazy morning so far, but hopefully motivation will strike soon.

My positive for the day is that it's "official" weigh in day, and even though the scale has gone up a little the last couple of days, I lost 2.25 pounds for the week.

Learn: The movie as a whole was so-so, but Meryl Streep as Julia Child was worth the $6 ticket. I went for a long stretch without going to movies, but the theater here has very comfortable stadium seating and I find that I actually enjoy going to a matinee by myself now and then.

Betty: Hope you are feeling better today.

Aggie: WTG on getting out and being social! I know that can be the hardest thing. I always have the best time once I'm "doing", but it's the getting up, ready, and out that's the hard part.

Looking: Doesn't it feel great to clean out? And the smaller you go, the cheaper new clothes are! I've got a huge stack of jeans in my closet with biggest on top and smallest on bottom. My goal is to diet my way down through them, getting rid of them as I go. I lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago and didn't get rid of all my fat clothes. That was a mistake. I grew back into them. Never keep something big and comfy around!

Leslie: Thank you for the inspiration.

Lady: Congrats!

Fungirl: Wow, double workout. I'm impressed. That's it, today I will not whine about walking

Have a good Sunday everyone! I'm off to cook a pile of chicken breasts for the week.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #153
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Gooood day chickies!

DownSizex100-WTG! Over 2 lb weight loss! Thats great!!!

Learn-Going to the pool sounds so refreshing! I don't know the last time I was at a public pool! Those crunches you invented sound fun. Maybe if I go to the lake again this year I will have to try them . Oh ya, I have 2 pugs (a black and a fawn). They are hilarious and very stubborn! They have me wrapped around their little paws. The park (it's like a big field and there are walking trails in the forest part) we go to is off-leash. This way it gives my fur-kids a chance to socialize.

Ags: Thats awesome that you went to your family function. It's amazing how good you feel when you go out and see your family!

Looking: Congrats on getting rid of the clothes that don't fit ya! Are you donating them? Just a suggestion if you are...maybe call a womans shelter. Down here they are always looking for clothes. We also have a place to donate fancier clothes for women needing clothes for job interviews (usually less fortunate that can't afford fancy clothes for a job interview). I used to give them to Salvation Army, but my friend suggested soup kitchens, women shelters etc. This way the clothes are given to people that really need them. I'm the midst of getting a bag ready!!

Leslie: I don't think I said it BUT CONGRATS!!! What an awesome feeling that must be 100lbs down!!!

lady: WHOO HOO!!!! 2 lbs!!! Thats an awesome weight loss!! Keep it up girl!!!

As for me, I'm feeling so much better today. My cough is almost gone, my nose has stopped running (thank goodness). I'm feeling a heck of alot better. I think mainly because of all the sleep I had. My friend and I were supposed to hit the gym today (but I'm still iffy about going). I might try to go to the park again today (the sun is finally shining!!!!).

Keep up the awesome work everyone!!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #154
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

LADIES< LADIES< LADIES,

It was great being back in church after missing the last three Sundays due illness and the Pastor was talking right to me, talking about being somewhere by divine appointment, this was it..So glad I was there. Had a great brunch and now I will have a great very late lunch, steak and salad with our very own homegrown tomatoes and cukes. Woooohoooo! Daddy is so proud of them and then and then it's steamed shrimp for din din. Will be chilling for the rest of the week. And Learn, I slept almost all the way thru the night.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Great job to all of your accomplishments yesterday and today and woooowhooo on all those released pounds..

Will have to do peronals later, daddy gets very jealous when I spend to much time on the computer when he is home.
[/FONT

Alrightie chicklettes,
I will check back in later when he goes down for his nap.
Until then, Hugs, love, and blessings,
THE AGSTER

Last edited by colormerd47 : 08-09-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #155
Burn It!

S/C/G: 310.6/310.6/155

Height: 5'8

I jogged today. It was VERY brief; I don't have much endurance. But I stopped saying I'm too heavy to jog and just did it.

Overall:
Old 08-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #156

S/C/G: 392/ticker/175

Height: 5'4

Good Morning!

Down- Congrats on the loss!

Learn- I went to the pool for the first time Friday night...I love it! It will be a part of my workouts from now on.

Looking- I'm going to take a page from your book. As I lose weight and get into smaller sizes, I will throw out the old. Keeping them will only allow me to have that safety net "just in case". I think it will be really cathartic

uclr0028- I know how you feel about the scale stall...I've been experiecing it myself this week. It will move just stick with it

So this week I have been stuck at 342 all week...it's has been driving me crazy! Well this morning...it moved! I'm down 2.8 lbs! Woohoo.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #157

S/C/G: 287/ticker/139

Height: 5' 5"

Hello to all my old and new friends! My positive is that I am back home now for a few weeks so will be able to post more frequently than I have for awhile. I've been out of town for the last 6 weeks traveling all over the place. Posting here really helps me focus myself and stay on track.

I did lose a few pounds while I was gone, but I (sadly) totally quit my formal exercising and now have to face my personal trainer who emailed me while I was gone to see how I was doing. But my second positive is that I will email him right after I get off here and ask him to schedule a session for me. (I don't want to, I know I've regressed, but if I write it here, I have to do it!)

Most recently, I was at my 40th high school reunion and I'm glad I was able to go there at 247 instead of 277. You wouldn't think that 30 pounds would make such a difference mentally, but it did.

I was probably only 150 pounds when I graduated from high school, but somehow I don't feel that much different, certainly not 40 years and 100 pounds different! So I guess that is my third positive, not feeling as fat or old as I really am!

But for some reason I am very sad today, maybe because I put my hurricane shutters up before I left on my trip and it's like a cave in my house. I haven't been out all day, I do not know what is wrong with me. I hope you all send me some good cheer and a pick-me-up because I sure could use it. Thanks!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #158

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

BETTY GRL yes I am donating them to someone who is visiting from another country and that is not well off. She will distribute them among other people that need them.
We have many options to donate to different chairities here as well.
Thanks for all the info.

My positive for today is that we went to a bar-b-q function and here are the choices I made: bean salad, ceaser salad, and 2 pieces of garlic bread (couldn't resist) some fruit and frozen yogurt for dessert..
had fun and it was great to see my friends again.

WELLNESS IS NOT A RACE, IT IS A JOURNEY

Last edited by lookingtobehealthy : 08-09-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #159

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello all!

I am so so so super busy at the moment, and soooooooooooooooooo excited I could just pop! I cant wait to see my family on Wednesday! It was the start of May last time I was there and it feels like a long time. Im from a rather large and close family so its always lovely to go back to a busy house, especially under such lovely circumstances - my baby brothers wedding!

Ladies pray for me! Im desperate not to have for a seat belt extension this time round. I hope I can squeeze that clasp shut under its own length!

My positives:

- My ticker looking very healthy this week!

- For once a pile of ironing has good reason!

- haircut today, maybe something quite different for me if the hairdresser agrees it suits!

- We have booked somewhere nice for a child free night while away (our first ever!)

- Ive promised myself no "diet" while Im away, but making healthy choices and no stuffing my face.

Everyone keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing how amazingly well you are all doing when I get back!

Last edited by SuomiSara : 08-10-2009 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 AM   #160

Good morning ladies,
I'm ready to get down to business with the personals.

Down- CONGRATULATIONS!!! 2.5 POUNDS!!! You are burning it baby.

Betty- I don't have to visit the public pool, I have a 24' round above ground. Your fur-kids sound adorable. My lab has a socializing problem. She is very selective on who she likes. She's an alpha dog. My sister lives with us and her dog and mine get along fine. My brother lives next door and she hates both of his dogs. She's that way with cats also. I have 6 cats and she only likes 2 of them. Anyway, I'm glad your feeling better. It's hard to stick to a plan when your feeling yucky.

Ags- How are you enjoying your vacation. Chilling and resting I hope. Hey neighbor don't forget about your facebook page. I couldn't find it under Agatha Middleton. Easiest thing to do is look me up http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...31765&ref=name
Now tell that jealous Daddy to let you stay on the computer and catch up!

Aclai- A jog is a jog, no matter how far you went. You gotta start somewhere. When I walk in my swimming pool I like to throw a little jog in there every couple of laps. Just keep on keepin' on!

fungirl- CONGRATULATIONS!!! 2.8 POUNDS!!! That is just awesome. Enjoy the pool!

CJ- Welcome back, girl. I have missed you. Sounds like you have been having a good time and lost some weight! Woo Hoo!!!

look- Great choices at the BBQ!

Sara- You'll have to share that new haircut with us. And when you get back from your family visit you'll have to share all the details also, except the child free night. That would be T.M.I.

My positives for yesterday are I stayed on plan and rested my aching joints. I did get my house vacuumed and a few loads of laundry done.
I had a craving for cabbage soup, so I whipped me up a small batch for dinner last night and there is just enough left for my lunch today.

That's it for me ladies, I hope everyone has a wonderful monday and remember...

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 08-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #161

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, learning to live again. It seems that I'm not the only one up so early...ow yes, I forget today is monday. I just wanted to let you know, thany you for being such a support to all of us. I haven't really posted much to this site, kinda of new to this and I seem to be working 6 days a week again --money crisis--but I do enjoy reading the support and it does motivate me. So once again, thank you. and by the way, can you tell me what you put in your cabbage soup? I love cabbage...hugs..
Old 08-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernurse View Post
Good morning, learning to live again. It seems that I'm not the only one up so early...ow yes, I forget today is monday. I just wanted to let you know, thany you for being such a support to all of us. I haven't really posted much to this site, kinda of new to this and I seem to be working 6 days a week again --money crisis--but I do enjoy reading the support and it does motivate me. So once again, thank you. and by the way, can you tell me what you put in your cabbage soup? I love cabbage...hugs..
Hi ernurse,
My cabbage soup is very simple. Low sodium chicken broth (I have used beef broth & it's very good also), cabbage of course, carrots, celery and onions. Last night I took one beef hotdog, sliced it up and sauteed it in olive oil with the onions and then added to the soup. It gave it a nice flavor w/o increasing the fat too much. Spices depend on what you like, pepper, lil' salt, garlic powder, etc... Be creative!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #163
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Smile My Birthday

Good morning Diva's,

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, SO THAT IS MY POSITIVE, I HAVE LIVED TO SEE ANOTHER YEAR COME AND GO AND NOW IT IS ON TO THE NEXT

I AM DOING WHATEVER I WANT TODAY, NO MATTER WHAT, AND WILL NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!!!! NOT TO WORRY, I WILL NOT GO TO CRAZY

I SEE MY DARLING IS HERE BRIGHT AND EARLY TO GREET US ALL INTO A BRAND NEW POSITVE FILLED DAY. LEARN, WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU. I ALWAYS KNOW, THAT EVEN IF I CANNOT MAKE IT HERE FOR WHATEVER THE REASON MAYBE, YOU WILL BE RIGHT HERE FILLING IN THE GAP FOR ME TO START EVERYONE'S DAY OFF JUST RIGHT!! I WILL CALL YOU MY GATEKEEPER!!!! I AM HONORED TO HAVE MET YOU AND TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND. I PROMISE I WILL FIND YOU ON FACEBOOK. DO NOT BE SURPISED THOUGH, I HAVE YOUNG AND OLD, FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE, I LOVE THE DIVERSITY.

CJ, HOT DANG, WHAT A BIRTHDAY GIFT, YOU ARE HOME!!! I WILL CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE A LITTLE LATER, I AM ABOUT TO HAVE MY B'DAY LATE LUNCH WITH DAUGHTER #3 (CAKEBATTER AND THE ALL MOST NEW SON-IN-LAW. THEY SAID I CAN HAVE ANYTHING I WANT AND NO COUNTING POINTS TODAY!! HEY I AM GAME. LOL LOL LOL

CONGRATS TO ALL TO HAD POSITIVES AND REACHED GOALS.

HUGS, LOVE AND MANY BLESSINGS,
AGS

Last edited by colormerd47 : 08-10-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #164
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

BLANCHE, I FOUND YOU GIRLIE AND SENT YOU A FRIEND REQUEST, I GOTTA DO SARA AND NOOCH AS WELL. TOLD YA I'D GET YA.

MUCH LOVE
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #165
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, SO THAT IS MY POSITIVE, I HAVE LIVED TO SEE ANOTHER YEAR COME AND GO AND NOW IT IS ON TO THE NEXT

Mine was yesterday....gotta love us Leos!!! Hope you had/have a GREAT day!!!

"When I changed my attitude, I changed my life!!

Lost 22 inches since May 1st 2009
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.