Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi friends!

my life has been SO insane the last few months. im so sorry i havent been in. i hope youre all doing well!!

i have the greatest news! I got accepted to Chapman University here in California. they have the most prestigous and competitive film school in california. i was one of 20 selected out of 170 applicants to transfer. on top of that, they gave me enough financial aid to completely cover the first year. im so excited! i also got an internship with a film distribution company. basically we buy the rights to independent films and get them shown on college campuses, cruise lines, military bases, and limited release in theatres. its a great job and its close to my house, and it pays. not a lot, but a stipend, so thats awesome too. ive managed to lose a little weight in the mean time and hope to be under 300 by my birthday which is in 5 weeks.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #32  

Hiya Princess!!!

I'm so happy for you and your new job/student role! Of course, if I'd had known you were going for such a prestigous school, I'd have told you that you were a shoe-in I'm so glad the admisisons people saw the coolness in you that we see here!

I know you'll be very busy as you take classes and do all the projects required of you, but drop in periodically!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

dgramie: HuGS to you!!!! I hope all well goes with hubby and he doesnt need open heart surgury either!!!

Princess: WTG!!! Chapman..that is my last name lol didnt know there was a college called that! How exciting for you!!

As for me: Thanks for all the HUGS!!! They really do mean the world to me! Last night I babysat my niece Zoe that is 2. She is just so funny and cute. She now knows knock knock jokes its so cute!

Today I am going to get my blood drawn..so I am fasting and a bit hungry

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #34  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

cyn - its a big christian college, but they dont focus on seminary, which is good because im not really religous. but thier film school is sponsored by larry and kristina dodge, and the studio was donated by the Knott family (of knotts berry farm).

rat - thanks for the kind words
Old 07-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

The past 2 weeks have been just awful for me eating and exercising wise. I am up 4 pounds since last weigh in last Sunday! I am seriously going to do something about this before I get out of hand. It can happen so quickly. I have been eating crappy stuff for me out of boredom something I said I would not do again. I will not be too hard on myself just gonna get my but back in gear and wake up early enough to fit in the exercise before work. I was off work and running to an appointment, class or meeting every single day last week after work. It honestly drained me and I didn't fit in any me time to exercise and plan out my meals. It showed on the scale today. So, new week and new plan that I will try my best to follow.

I have missed all of you and hope to be able to stop in more this week and see how you all are truly doing.

Luan: Huge congrats on Chapman. My niece Lacy is a singer and she tried to get into Chapman and wasn't excepted. I know that Ade from "So You Think You Can Dance" goes there. I hope all of your dreams come true my friend and the next time I am in Ca visiting my sister down in your area we can meet up.

I miss you all and big hugs. Hopefully I will have time to be back tomorrow.

Pray for me that my focus is back this week

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 405 / 298 / 150

Height: 5'4"

Princess- Congratulations!! That is so awesome about getting accepted into Chapman and your internship!

Annie- I'm sorry you've been having a rough time, but you have a great attitude. You're right, it is easy to slip back into old habits but what is important is that you caught yourself and are working to get back on track. I hope that this week goes better for you.

I have been doing well lately with food and exercise but am frustrated with how slloooow the weight loss can be at times. I have only lost one pound in the past two weeks and have actually increased my workouts, going on a 30-minute walk each day and also biking every other day. I am trying to be patient and not worry about it but I'd like to see some weight loss!

When did people start to notice your weight loss? I have lost over 50 lbs and no one can really tell at all. I can tell by my clothes but not looking in the mirror. I think my family thinks I am making up my weight loss.

Last edited by MapleLeaf; 07-26-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling. The change in my routine, or shall I say lack of routine from not working is a problem for me. I have determined to put myself on a schedule. First up is a solid exercise routine, and I'm happy to say at least that is getting better. I'm also taking this opportunity to deep clean my apartment so that my environment is pleasant.

Unfortunately the hits just keep coming. My mother has cancer. I scheduled a trip for early September to go visit her, and am also making some arrangements to have some fun plans while there so it isn't all stress and sadness and jumbles of mixed feelings. I have mentioned in the past that my family situation is a huge mess and I have struggled with how and how much to get involved. It is going to get worse.

This is all the more reason to take care of myself physically and mentally.

Hugs to everyone.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #38  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Letstryitagain, I am so sorry Last year was like that for my family, one thing after another and it was HARD. I wish you lots and lots of strength and send you lots of love in dealing with this.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ronnie: Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes people do notice your weight loss but they are too shy or think it may embarass you to say something about it. Hang in there. They will start to say you look great soon or that they see you have lost some weight. Great job on the exercise routines.

Battle: So sorry to hear about your Mom. I will put her on my prayer list. Hugs to you on the struggles you are going through right now.

Hope everyone has a great on track op week.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!

Join us for the next week's installment -- #1221!
Closed Thread