Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Debbie - glad to see you posting here. This is where I post most of the time now - what a great group this is!

Barb - hugs to you. Hope today is a better day on the homefront.

Been a tough food weekend - back in the saddle today. Looking forward to a grilled dinner of shrimp, zucchini and corn on the cob.

Last edited by gggirls; 07-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #47  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great day. I'm a bit less grumpy here today. Both the boys went to bed w/o a fight last night and DH and I watched a movie. I was hoping to talk, but at least we did something together. Today was mostly filled with errands. We bought a new grill that we are picking up on Tues. Will be great since we are having houseguests Wed-Sun next week and plan on lots of grilling. This afternoon I got a quick break to go for a bike ride. I kind of want to take the boys to the pool since it's such a beautiful day, but the boys are both snuggled up on the couch watching TV...they are so darn cute and seemed wiped out. Maybe we'll just go out and play in the hose after dinner.

Debbie - Hi! Jump on it with us.

Carol - Thank you.

Geo - A lazy Sunday sounds nice! You are gonna have to wash the dishes eventually. Just like I will eventually have to fold the laundry that's been sitting there since last night. It's all the kids clothes...and everything is so small there is a ton of it in a load and takes forever to fold. Good luck starting with the MF tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Angela - Sorry to hear about your mom's surgeries. Yes...there was something about 35ish for me too... hang in there.

Well...I am going to chop up some veggies for a stir-fry dinner. I told my hubby I'm cooking a healthy meal. Think he'll join me? Any bets?

HELLO to everyone else!

Catch ya later....
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend

Debbie ... welcome !

Geo .. thanks so much for the congrats

Barb .. sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. Unfortunately, I think a lot of men seem to be oblivious to situations and surroundings. Hope you are able to talk about it and work through it.

I'm unfortunately eating a later dinner tonight than I would like, but could be worse I guess !

Anyone have any good ways to get motivated to exercise??
Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

ruby== honestly, the best motivation for me to exercise is to set an exercise goal -- one type of goal is minutes of exercise. That has made me work out on many a day!

I encourage everyone who wants to join us on the exercise thread!!

Hubby is out of town for a few days and that is normally a danger time for me. I get a little down and tend to overeat. Knowing that, I am trying to combat this tendency. I have kept busy today and that really helps. So far so good!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #50  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Ruby, when I think about motivating myself to exercise, I think about high school chemistry...Newton's first law says something like "bodies in motion tend to stay in motion, bodies at rest tend to stay at rest." I'm usually like the second part of that statement, especially when it's 105 degrees outside like today.

To get myself in motion when I'm feeling particularly lethargic, I get out my Fitball and bounce on it when I'm inclined to watch a movie on TV. I put on my GoWearFit armband once and measured my caloric output for an hour while I bounced. 600 calories! It was silly fun (I get the boys to do it too), and depending on which muscles I decided to work, I really feel it in my quads, abs and backside. I can also sit on the ball while I'm working on my computer, and I use it when I do a lot of ab work and upper body weight training.

Georgia

Last edited by geoblewis; 07-19-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!! New week, new thread. Join us for the next installment!
Closed Thread