Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #16  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm around, but kind of quiet this week. I've been walking in the morning, but yesterday started into the canning (which just about wore me out). Of course, I hadn't planned to start yesterday otherwise I might have taken a shorter walk. I ended up with 21 quart jars of sour cherries (done in juice) and 42 pint jars of sweet cherries (done in juice, mainly from the sour cherries). The rest of the cherries are in the dehydrator. The sad thing is that I'll probably go back for more cherries (the sour ones) as I want another 21 quarts. I did 26 quarts/pints last year and we ran out of them. So this is probably overkill but they'll keep longer than a year.

So, this morning I couldn't possibly drag myself out of bed to go walking at 7:30. I felt kind of badly about it so I managed almost an hour of walking before dinner. The only thing I found about walking in the PM instead of the AM is.... I had to pee about halfway through! Okay, I made it home, but it definitely cramped my style a bit.

Hope everyone is doing well on this mid-week day. Now I'm off to do laundry so I have clean clothes for tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that I have been mia for so long. I am hopefully back now. I feel too overwhelmed to go back and read all of the posts I missed. I hope there wasn't anything huge for any of you but if there was. Hugs if you need it.

My job is going well. I am in training right now. The training is 3 weeks long and then I will be working on opening cases for a few weeks then back to training for another 3 weeks or so. Today we met with the hr lady and learned about our benefits etc.

That is about it for me for now.

blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, I must of missed it but what kind of job did you get? I hope it's something that you'll really enjoy!

Anne, ok..what do you do with all those sour cherries? They sure sound delicious though.

betty grrl, that penne alfredo sure has alot of calories for one meal..wowow!

nooch, I bet the little guy is keeping you on your toes. Have fun with him!

Sharon, YAY for day 3! Keep up the good work..its going to show a whoosh loss.

Im still doing well on my eating so its like day 10 for me and the scale is still moving down. I'm able to control my eating at night pretty well now which in of itself is a major feat for me. Just got done working in a garden I let get overgrown and have it almost cleaned out again. Looks so much better. The little froggies are really late coming this year because of the wacky weather but they're perched in my flowers again.
I don't know if I told you all but my son and dil moved down to California. We're going to go visit them the end of October and hopefully will be going to Disneyland and Knotts Scary Farm so I really want to get below the 300 mark again. Then I won't feel like I cant fit on the rides. I'm really looking forward to it. Also my son might be going into the Navy if he can get 40 more lbs off and will go in in February so thats another reason we want to go down there.
Ok, didnt mean to write a book here....lol...hope all is well with everyone.
have a great night!
Debbie
Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #19  

Hiya my peeps,

Just when I thought it was safe to get out of bed....

I make an extra effort to get to work on time and am stopped short at my locked car because someone shattered the passenger window, rifled through the locked glovebox and took $3 from my work ID pouch and my ipod. The car was parked in my driveway and was 20-30 ft from my bedroom window. I didn't hear a thing and neither did the dogs. The person didn't take the radio.

I never made it into work. Of course, the auto deductible was $200 and the window cost $190. Ipod wasn't covered and homeowners deductible was more than the ipod.

Vacuumed the glass out, got the window fixed, found a car alarm place and now have a spanking new high decible alarm that better wake me up if this happens again.

I didn't get home until 9pm and found the cleaning lady moved the floor AC and the drain tube pulled out of the bucket and flooded the bedroom floor.

I'm still wound up a bit at it's past 11pm.

Hugs to everyone. Gratz to the peeps who are doing well with WI. Hug to all of us who are coping with food.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ratkitten -- I hope today is better!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Ratkitten -- I hope today is better!!
Tanx for the hugs!

Sometimes I feel like there is a big KICK ME sign on my back, but then I read about other people who are struggling with stuff out of their control and knowing that I'm not alone gives me hope. Like my poor Cyn and her infection (hugs) and many others who are dealing with family and life issues that are anything but minor (more hugs)!

I know I have a tendency to shut off my feelings when things around me are out of control. Mind you, these are things that were never in my control in the first place. Because I tend to be an "all or nothing" person, I even abandon things in my control - things like how much and what I'm eating or even getting to work on time. Shoving my feelings into little boxes (they leak, btw) might help me cope temporarily, but in the long run lead to other physical issues (weight gain, lack of energy, depression, those stupid back spasms... oh.. and that eye twitching thing.. ugh! I hate that).

What do normal people do to deal with life on life's terms? I know that opens a lot of questions about who is normal, but for now, how about people who cope with life without food, sedation, addictions or other self-destructive behavior... how do they cope?

Hugs to all who find themselves floating around in the same leaky boxes,
Ratkity
Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #22  

Ratkity, sorry to hear you had such a rough day. Hopefully things will be better today. Those little crooks can be so quiet! I thought I was the only one with that eye twitch!

Sure has been quiet in here lately.
toodles
Old 07-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #23  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody, sorry I've been MIA. I do read the threads and keep up that way. voodoo1, it can take several days to detox your system from carbs which is why Atkins induction is really hard for some people. Best of luck to you!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #24  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post
Anne, ok..what do you do with all those sour cherries? They sure sound delicious though.
We just make fruit salad with them during the winter. We use a mixture of sour cherries, sweet cherries and peaches. There's usually just a container of it in the fridge at all times. My mother takes it at lunch and I usually take a serving of it before bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
Just when I thought it was safe to get out of bed....
Awww, sorry you're having such a time. I'm not sure how others deal with it, I suspect they turn to some other behaviour (good or bad). All I know is that food isn't the answer. At least for me, since it just leads to more problems. Take care, and hopefully things will be better in a day or two.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #25  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Rat-I don't know how ordinary people deal with stuff. Something bad happens, and I want chocolate, and lots of it. I suppose for some, they do the same thing, they just don't have the same consequences.

I got woke up at 1:30am this morning by shouting in the alley. We usually have a window fan on so we don't hear anything, but it was too cold last night, and the guy next door has a fire pit in the back, and they were burning green wood, so lots of smoke. Didn't want to draw anymore of that in to breath than necessary. So I hear a woman scream something about his clothes being on the ground because she found out about the wh@@@ he was sleeping with, and I heard him scream something else that I couldn't understand. About 15 minutes later, sirens. Two 18 year old kids had been stabbed. They are still alive. The paper said it was a fight over a bike. I guess there may have been two fights going on at the same time. Fortunately the thugs in our neighborhood are too poor to afford guns. They just stab.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
Rat-I don't know how ordinary people deal with stuff. Something bad happens, and I want chocolate, and lots of it. I suppose for some, they do the same thing, they just don't have the same consequences.

I got woke up at 1:30am this morning by shouting in the alley. We usually have a window fan on so we don't hear anything, but it was too cold last night, and the guy next door has a fire pit in the back, and they were burning green wood, so lots of smoke. Didn't want to draw anymore of that in to breath than necessary. So I hear a woman scream something about his clothes being on the ground because she found out about the wh@@@ he was sleeping with, and I heard him scream something else that I couldn't understand. About 15 minutes later, sirens. Two 18 year old kids had been stabbed. They are still alive. The paper said it was a fight over a bike. I guess there may have been two fights going on at the same time. Fortunately the thugs in our neighborhood are too poor to afford guns. They just stab.
Ewwwww sorry to hear of the mayhem in your neighborhood alley. I hope it calms down around there for you. Maybe you can tell your therapist that you already had your violence visualization this week and will be able skip the next session? Despite being all wound up last night, I did manage to sleep for 5 hrs nearly straight through. Getting the alarm on the car helped.

I love the white noise of my fan. I find it very soothing. I have to have a white noise generator in the winter cuz it's so quiet in the house (I have radiant heat). I'd rather not hear my dog chasing rabbits in his sleep while he sleeps under my bed.

If I don't have something making a steady noise, I just hear darth vader sounds from my cpap machine (if I decide to wear it). I've been good and have worn it 6 out of 7 nights this week. CPAP is a Continuous Positive Air Pressure machine for people with sleep apnea (shallow or periods of no breathing while sleeping). I really hate that machine, but know I sleep better because of it.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #27  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Everyone,

Just letting you all know that I am still reading every day, and am on holidays, so have plenty of time to post, just don't 'feel' like it.

In short...

Emotions - Yuck! (not sure if it's hormones, but have had enough)
Weight - Yuck! (scale is going in the wrong direction)
Work - Yuck! (new principal is a moron)

Married life - Wonderful! (only thing holding me together, as long as Neil can keep putting up with me as I cope with the above points)

I truly do think of you all as you face your own challenges, and I TRY to be happy for those of you who are losing weight, but that tinge of jealousy comes in at times.

I am heading in to the hospital today for a medical and talk about the Bone Marrow Stem Cell transplant that will take place on August 18th. As far as I know, I give myself injections (Oh dear!) for four days, then I go in to the hospital to be plugged into a large machine for four hours that will take out my blood, separate the stem cells and give me back what's left. Not exactly sure about it all, but should fine out everything today. Daryl (brother) is home for a few weeks before the transplant, which is wonderful for him. We saw him earlier in the week and he is looking much better and just looking forward to this next stage to get it all sorted out.

I know that this is on my mind constantly, which certainly isn't helping matters. It is wonderful to be able to help my brother, but I wish people would stop telling me that I am "saving his life" and "he will owe me BIG time". Stuff like that is NOT helping, as it just adds more stress to me. What if something goes wrong, and I DON'T save his life??? I know I shouldn't think like that, but it all just swarms around in my head at times.

Well... so much for not wanting to post about my troubles. Sorry...

Take care,

Zelma
Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie: I am working for the state of Idaho in Child support division. Right now I am in training so, so far so good. lol. Woo hoo to day 10 on plan. Way to go. I didn't know your son actually moved to CA. What part? My sister in law just moved here from Sacramento CA.

Rat: Hugs to you sweet girl. Hang in there.

Catherine: Yikes!!! Stay safe.

Zelma: Hugs to you. About the people who are saying that to you, they just don't understand.

Well, I hope everyone else is well and op.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #29  

Hugs Zelma! Hang in there. You are doing a wonderful thing. People are just trying to help you be brave and don't mean to cause you extra stress. I was told once that courage is fear that's said it's prayers. I'll help with healing prayers too.

Luv,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 07-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #30  

Zelma, I just think people don't know what else to tell you about donating to your brother. Just take it for what it is and don't let it pressure you. Sure does sound like your going thru alot. I'll include you and your brother in my prayers.Thank goodness for Neil !

Catherine, gee nothing like a little drama at night huh? Happy to hear you weren't hurt, just kept awake.

Ratkity, my hubby has to sleep with a cpap too. He just got a new chin strap and over the nose mask. He looks all squished up every night. But it helps in so many ways!

Annie, sounds like a wonderful job with great benefits!! David moved to Long Beach. Waaaaaaaaaaay south of Sacramento!

Was bored so decided to get on here instead of looking thru the fridge. Sometimes I sit here at night just waiting for it to be time to go to bed so I dont eat...but I'm working thru it. Day 11 of OP!
G'night
Closed Thread