Old 06-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/319/180

Height: 5'11

Unhappy How?

How do you muster up the strength to push ahead?...I just saw a reflection of myself in a window and wanted to die. I just want to wake up and not think about how much I weigh or what can I wear that fits...How do I motivate myself with such a long road ahead.
HollyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

you think about how far youve already come, and think "i can do that again..and again"...because you can! think about the rewards you will recieve-it takes time, but it will happen good luck!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

One step at a time...

Just make one good decision, then another. You make more good ones than bad ones and suddenly you're making progress. It's so overwhelming at first, but maybe if you chunk it into smaller goals you will feel successful sooner. break it into 10%'s or 10 pound increments or 5 if that's better for you.

You just have to decide that you matter enough to take care of and plan accordingly. You can do this.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #4  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Don't look at the length of the road. YOu only need to walk it one step at a time. Pick the size of your steps. I get overwhelmed easy, so my steps are 5 pounds. I stay focused on that because 5 pounds is do-able for me.

You have come a long way already- you can do this!!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 365/319/180

Height: 5'11

Thanks so much...I need to take it one day at a time (sometimes one hour at a time)..
HollyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/305/190

Height: 5'10

Sometimes it is one minute at a time.
letstryitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Hi Holly. I always like to steal from E.L. Doctorow:
Losing weight is like driving alone at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can go the whole way like that.

This is an invitation to post on our "positive" thread. We love newcomers and we'll be there to cheer you on. Hope to see you there! C.J.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 414/390/185

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that is how I was feeling last night. Just so frustrated at how far I have to go and thinking, "Look at me, I'm so gross." and I just wanted to give up. Then the quote, "What's worth the prize is always worth the fight." came to me. I know that it won't be easy, but it will all be worth it the first time I'm able to go to Cedar Point and Kennywood and ride all of the rides I can't fit in right now.

Holly, another quote I've always liked is "Every great journey begins with a single step." So many people don't take that step, and kudos to those who have taken that step!

Last edited by Greendreamer; 06-17-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Greendreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Aww Holly We have all been there at one point or another. When I started, I tried not to focus on how FAR it was until I reached goal. Pick something that seems more attainable. For the most part, I just try to get down into the next "decade" or ten lbs lost. We have all lost 10 lbs at one time or another. We just need to do it a few more times! There are weeks that I struggle and I commit to one good choice at a time. If I make a bad choice, I refuse to beat myself up over it and give up. I just commit to making a *better* choice next time. You can do it....one step at a time!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #10  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Someone on this site told me the year is gonna pass anyway, its up to you what you do with it. Someone else said, you can lose 10lbs at a time. My son said to me-if you can believe it, you can achieve it. I say to you-you can do it!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

This might not be the best advice, but I have discovered that I personally am much happier and focused when I do not focus on my weight. What I mean is, if I spend my time (and I do sometimes) being disgusted at my mirror image and then focusing on my weight, bad areas, hanging skin, whatever...then I find myself depressed and not focusing on my goals. When I just focus on eating right, making myself feel good, and doing activities I find myself happier, the weight is coming off, and I'm able to do other things like work, be social, and more.

I like the idea, the year is gonna pass by anyhow...what are you going to do with it? Do I want to sit and watch it pass by or do I want to get out there and continue to change my life?
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

I have gotten to the point where I mentally KNOW I'm going to be less than 200 lbs. next spring (Onederland!)

I have been losing at a slow but steady pace and I see no reason why this won't continue. It would be nice if it whooshed off faster like some ladies (and most men!) but it doesn't and I'm okay with that. I am just going to stick to my plan.

I've already decided I'm going to take a major trip to celebrate Onederland. I haven't decided where I'm going to go but I'm thinking maybe Eastern Europe. Any suggestions?

The reason I am mentioning this is because -- although I still get depressed and down sometimes -- I have this certainty in the back of my mind that this WILL happen. I'm not sure when this happened, but it has and it's great! I have been on plan for a little over 3 months, doing weight training and the gym during this time, and I realize it is doable. It fits in my life. I rather like it.

And yesterday I bought some new tops for summer in size 14-16W and they are not even tight. This is amazing for me. So even though I have lost only a little over 20 lbs, I have shrunk considerably I think because of my exercise. So even if I never do another thing, I am way better off than I was 3 months ago. And I will continue ..........
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #13  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I am not thinking about how much I have to lose,or how long is it going to take.Because if I did I would be too overwelmed to continue.I am trying to get through today,just like you said. I did start a 5 day challenge In the Chicks Up For A Challenge Thread. It seems to be working !If you want join us.It might be the start you need!.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/333/220

Height: 5'7

I totally know that feeling. I often avoid my reflection, and sometimes don't even look in the mirror when I am brushing my teeth. One day at a time is really the only way I can do it. One day, one meal, at a time.

Hang in there. You can do this. You are worth the fight.
Mama2Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi Holly,

Remember the difference in how your clothes fit now in comparision to when you started - the bra that fits better or the panties that fall down now. That always makes you smile. Remember that you are slowly (which is good for your health) getting closer to being the body you want to have. Remember you will always be a great person what ever the size but you will be happier as you go nearer to your goal weight- will be able to do things with great ease. Don't beat yourself up if you fall down. We all go through that.

I've fallen down the last week. Had the flu - motivation, energy at an all time zero. Feeling better now, and I know I have to get back on track.

We lose weight for ourselves. The added nice benefits for others are trim. Health, fitness, being able to buy nice clothes. Knowing that you will start to look great. Keep at it. If you want a buddy. I'm here. It's always easier if you have someone that you can reach out to.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you. You can do it. We will help each other. Remember you are with friends who all know that sometimes you need a little help.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote